OT: SPF Mafia Round 9 - Clue.

Re: OT: SPF Mafia Round 9 - Clue.

Jason Maher said:
I believe it was Sint in Zhao_Yue's bathroom with a razor-blade.
Jason Maher said:
Oops... wrong game.

My first two posts in a SPF mafia game (round 5, hosted by Drixx). To think that Sint would end up hosting a Cluedo-themed round... and that L_E unfairly voted for me based on those posts!:grin:

As to innocence or guilt, the cook would do well to give one thier own the first meal, they don't have to eat it after all. On the other hand, the mafia needs to "prove" they have nothing to hide, thus drinking/eatting what's put in front of them. So I don't think that clears/implicates either of the recipients.

True, and of course, we can play the reverse psychology game all day with the drinking and eating.

This first day will be problematic especially compared to the last two rounds where there was a chance everyday for someone to out a mafioso. Drawing any solid conclusions will be difficult.

I did notice however, W_M that you changed your avatar....from the joker to a cat. Interesting.

I did notice however, W_M that you changed your avatar....from the joker to a cat. Interesting.

The cat has been her avatar forever. Just fyi.

Vote Liquid
Just because his avatar freaks me out!

Actully my point is we can't really deduce a lot about anyone from the food and/or drink unless it's an alignment reveal.

You're behind the times, see the EMB.

Well it's certainly possible and, giving the nature of the game, quite probable, that sooner or later someone is going to analyze who get's what meal and what drink. The meal, seeing as how it is provided by a mafia member, will probably be most thoroughly analyzed.

I'd say lukin makes a decent point. It's too early in the game to point fingers and say innocent or guilty (well, apart from Ray... and liquid :p) but the meal being served on day 1 could indeed mean that thyiad is not mafia.

@liquid - I used to be teased way back when due to my glasses. People would call me four-eyes. Quite unjustly of course. But it suddenly came to me you may be the very first person I can legitimately call so! Either that, or the evil in your liquid makes me see you double :grin:

Yay for day one. Let's read dozens of posts containing btter or lesser jokes and random speculation. We all know it will end in some random lynch, i really don't like this part.

And L_E, you 'tar really gets scary when the beholder is intoxicated."Am i that drunk? Or are there really just 6 eyes in that tar?"

There's no insta-kill as a food or drink effect, lukin. The notion that Thyiad is instantly unsuspicious because she got a meal is ridiculous. At the same time you're casting doubt over L_E, by stating that he's clearly not in the same group as her, the unsuspicious one. That's quite alarming, to say the least. I'll still like to gather some more material before voting tho.

Time to eat my cereal and mow my lawn.

P.S. omgwtfbbqpwned's personal agenda merits interest.

Jason's vote is quite nonsencial, as is the following bandwagon by ahcw. I'm not sure what Zhao is up to too.

Jason said:
and that L_E unfairly voted for me based on those posts!
Bad puns and jokes almost always warrant votes. I had to force myself not to do similar to omgwtfbbq this round because of his pregame shenanigans. Do you think I'm mafia or was your vote a bit of retribution?

Some questions for others...
Cygnus- Do you think your team will be able to win with just six people after I get you lynched today?
ahcw- Does my avatar really freak you out or was that just a sub par excuse for a vote bandwagon? The truth will set you free.
w_m- Why was goltar suspicious before he even posted? Does he have some real life tell that you can easily spot?
Zhao- If you were Mrs. White, which role would warrant your nightly protection?
Merlin- If you were Professor Plum, would you send your potions to the same person each night or send them to different people daily? Are there any benefits to targeting the same person over and over?
jjscud- If you were the cook, would you send items to yourself?
lukin- What do you think of Jaedhann so far this game?
goltar- Which is the weakest pro-town role with an actual ability in your opinion?

@liq - I guess that would depend on my suspicions and the fact whether said person had previously received a meal and/or drink. Another substantial factor might be the willingness to drink my brew. After all, if someone refuses my potions, it's quite pointless to serve him/her another one, right?

@jaedhann & magicboy - What is the point of your post? You have got to start somewhere you know. If everybody thought like that, there would be no discussion on day 1, and that would make day 2 about as pointless as day 1, with no leads or anything else. Really. So please contribute.

@artbell - Well, seeing as how some innocent fellow was shot dead last night, are you surprised? Perhaps you know something others do not? Please, share whatever information you think you have.

I wonder when we will learn what the potion liq imbibed does.

ADDENDUM to liq : Serving the same person a potion a couple of days in a row might be a good way to share suspicions of said person with the rest of the group though.

Some questions for others...
Cygnus- Do you think your team will be able to win with just six people after I get you lynched today?
ahcw- Does my avatar really freak you out or was that just a sub par excuse for a vote bandwagon? The truth will set you free.
w_m- Why was goltar suspicious before he even posted? Does he have some real life tell that you can easily spot?
Zhao- If you were Mrs. White, which role would warrant your nightly protection?
Merlin- If you were Professor Plum, would you send your potions to the same person each night or send them to different people daily? Are there any benefits to targeting the same person over and over?
lukin- What do you think of Jaedhann so far this game?
goltar- Which is the weakest pro-town role with an actual ability in your opinion?

Good questions...at least it will get people talking.

For mine, Jaedhann's posts seem sketchy. Almost as if he wants to get his name up there without actually contributing anything. Giving the impression of participation without actually helping. You can include Magicboy in that same boat (to copy Merlin a little.) Not totally convinced that either of them are mafia yet, but along with Goltar (wifely intuition is always helpful although that is probably a joke) they are definitely on my watchlist.

@ Merlin The Professor role is a weak one (I guess it really depends on the strength of the concoctions and the person's willingness to drink) but your point makes me think that the role could be greatly strengthened by the Profs. willingness to always select the person he/she is most suspicious of. In a way, it would be like a Mason for the whole town.

I was trying to devise a plan for the town and while this is a weak one, I think it is definitely worth looking into. At the very least it will provide serious fodder for discussion everyday.

The major drawback of course is if the person serving the potions either decides not to commit to the plan (they obviously can't come out and say they will do such a thing although perhaps we can devise a code such as "if you're into the plan serve LE again") and the other major drawback is that people get sheperded by a person who has no idea what they're doing.

Random questions for a reason? Well, I'll humor you. In my mind, the Telegram Girl and Professor Plum are the weakest. Professor Plum because his ability is too random and as Sint said, a novelty role. He can in theory attempt to point at someone by multiple potions as Merlin said, but that could also be taken as the Professor's way of saying he thinks someone is innocent. Too likely to backfire. The Telegram Girl because she has no more information than a plain townie, but could send a message that could end up confusing the recipient.

Now, I've gotten a bit of a suspect (or not) list together. I'll go ahead and post it for other people's opinions and so everyone knows it. And to preface things, I would expect that with this many mafia, they will likely connect with each other daytime to an extent. Obviously, all 7 likely won't connect at the same time. But since the town is usually set in the idea that they will try not to connect, some will likely defend each other, while the others stay out of it or actively attack them. With their high number, they can afford to lose one or two members fairly safely.

I'm also going on a simple method I've learned from my experience (not hosting) of previous games, that will hopefully change now. I tend to be ignored by most people. Anyone up to this point who doesn't fall on my small list of players who don't tend to ignore me and has said something about me is automatically suspected because of that.

water_moon - I'm basically 100% certain she's up to something night-time, and fairly sure it's something anti-town.

Merlin the Wizzard - Too quick to defend water_moon incorrectly. There's likely a connection there.

Cygnus - I'm stretching a bit here, but he defended me from Merlin a bit. Could be something, could be a townie pointing things out.

Ray Patean - I'm stretching even more here. Either he's overconfident, or he knows something about ahcw. I'm more inclined to the former.

On the other end of things:

goltar25 - Townie. I know my own role, that's easy.

Liquid_Evil - He's his usual self. And he's likely a plain townie, though he might have a role, I'm not getting anything indicating that at this time.

Thyiad - She's her usual self. Which means I have absolutely no read on her.

Anyway, I'm certain enough about water_moon at this point, I'm casting my vote.

Vote: water_moon

I'm even willing to say if I'm wrong, feel free to lynch me once she's revealed. Hopefully Jaago wasn't Mr. Green.

I agree with w_m on that. Taking the potion doesn't 100% clear / implicate but it does give a chance too, even though the odds are slim.

The problem with the potions/meal is that if we ever spot a trend or decide that it implicates/clears someone, that information is instantly useless. Everything we know, the mafia knows so deduce away, but I have little who of learning anything of interest from those who choose or don't choose to take their potions.

Liquid_Evil said:

Absolutely, the last thing I would want to do in a mafia game is single myself out, regardless of alignment.

@Zhao_Yue - last time I played we had a nice short little discussion about acting logically and for the good for the town. Perhaps I'm a bit slow on my feet my I don't see anything clearly implicating Cygnus or magic_boy, care to elaborate?

As for my own suspicions, w_m and goltar usually play nice, at least early on, this day 1 back and forth certainly has my attention. I don't know which I find more suspicious I think at least on of them is. w_m's now got a vote so I'll get one for goltar, at this point just to get a few eyes on the situation.

vote: goltar25

@goltar - Ehh? Defending who from what? I just figured W_m made a little joke, saying she was highly suspicious of you before you posted anything. Then when you rebuffed on a more serious tone, I made a bit of fun at you.
Last round I did the same with Jason at the first day, and I got flak then too (It was ankeli who cast his vote for me based on that post). I mean seriously, can't you people tell that I am joking?

As for the content of your post.

Oh... Your logic is that anyone not ignoring you is automatically suspect? So basically : 'If you leave me alone, you are not mafia. If you pay attention to me, you are suspect.' Oh please. The only reason I am not casting a vote for you right now is that you are too smart a person to make such an obvious comment when you are a mafia player. I hope. You did score a spot on my suspect list though, and if a better target doesn't come up, you'll get my vote.

@lukin - The strength of the role does indeed hinge for a part on the strength of the potions effects. I for one liked the idea of a possible 'insta death' potion, provided there was a very good pro town option to counter this. It might make people take this role a bit more seriously then just some added decorum indeed.

Massive : What i meant was, asking someone else to take the potion is just as bad as asking them to mod kill themselves to prove their innocence.

I think the only strength professor Plum has is that he can prove who he is. He can state who he gives a potion the next day and the whole house/town will know he is who he says once the next day begins. Best for him to lay low for a while because having a confirmed townie grows more important as the game goes on. As for the potions, yes, to random effects and the one who actually has to do the drinking can refuse to do so.

Maybe I wasn't so far off on Ahcw. That bandwagon vote against Liquid is mighty suspicious.

Liq: neither. It was a "random" vote, if you will, based purely on meta-gaming. In other words, you're a) a good player, b) a player who draws attention, and c) someone who usually chimes in very quickly with a random or non-random vote, all of which made you the worthy recipient of my first first day vote. Since Ahcw strangely badnwagoned:

unvote: Liquid_Evil
vote: Ahcw

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High