Zombies invade Atlantis. Stargate zombie Mafia game.

I'm not twisting anything, if you did what I suggested you'd agree. I'm not calling you scum, I'm saying you did something that made you look scummy.

Completely disagree. You took a post with relevant questions about Noodle and spun it to turn me into a zombie recruiter who was sad I couldn't get Noodle and avoid his death at the same time. Yet, you also post that you are in favor of people not voting anymore because Noodle has too many votes on him this early in the day phase. So what is it? Give me a break.

Also "If you did what I suggested". real townie vibe there.

Just for the record, I disagree with most of you and I'm 95% sure there are two factions in the game. This is based on the choice of wording in both the stories and roles revealed thus far, the fact that we know TC took his effort to implement zombies into the SG universe and the set up of the previous SG game. You read my assurance however you like but that's what I firmly believe.

I don't necessarily think so. Patient Zero is a pretty prominent theme in zombie lore (something that I actually have a tiny bit of knowledge in, as opposed to SG). I can imagine the mother/origin zombie being stronger than the others, maybe even the only role that can infect/recruit (I have doubts about that though). As for the latter part of the quote, Bad Ash, are you saying that two factions with daily NK powers would give too much disadvantage towards town? This might be true, but perhaps it's countered by power town roles. Either case, I think we have to assume the worst and believe that the zombie faction can recruit/kill on alternate nights like I theorized earlier.

In zombie lore how do you make more zombies? Patient zero is only relevant for drama purposes/cures for those who are infected. In 99% of zombie lore, you make zombies, by having a zombie bite someone. So you being prominent in zombie lore has me feeling a little rotted (zombie pun intended)

I saw it, but don't consider it a slip.

So you are firmly in the camp of one mafia group then? Cause if you aren't it's a scum slip from flub.

I'd like to hear others thoughts on this as well.

Do we think there is a head of the zombie snake? Or if the group are all the same, wouldn't each one have the same "recruiting powers"?

My initial reaction is that each zombie is as important as the next because they are zombies. They recruit by biting people, but they'd have to be restricted in some way (maybe the every other kill?) or else the game could be over quickly.

In response to CBG second question:

If there is no "zombie overlord" and they can recruit by biting someone, there has to be restrictions/limitations on when and how they recruit. This is my theory for the one kill, two kill, one kill nights we've had while still assuming that each zombie can recruit other zombies.

ALL THE POSTS!

Fun question:

Didn't we establish that answering a question directed at someone else is scum a day or two ago? :) (smiley intended)

Now out of everyone in the game who I thought might pick up on this, you are the last one I expected. I thought CG would be on it like a hawk. It clearly seems like a huge slip.

I am shocked this wasn't presented in a WoT

I can understand assuming a night kill is probably a townie, except that I believe we're dealing with two anti-town factions. I believe it because of the character names of the two lynched anti-town members, and because the moderator differentiated between zombie and mafia. So working from that assumption, it's not longer safe to assume dead people were town. In a mafia game with two anti-town factions, crossfire generally is to be expected, so the only way someone could be absolutely sure that Goryani was town is if they were a part of the anti-town team that killed him and got his flip.

So yeah, I think it was a slip. The question is whether it was an innocent townie assumption slip or a scum slip.

I am shocked this wasn't presented in a WoT

I lol'd .

You two crack me up. This is why I keep playing these games. :)

Why is that korial? do you think there is some even night, odd night thing going on? referring to the nk's that is.

It certainly seems possible, and wouldn't surprise me much at all. We've seen such a mechanic several times in the past. It is only one possibility of several though.

You'd think so, but no. I have strong reason to believe that we will probably see either one or three deaths tomorrow. Two is pretty unlikely.

But that's tomorrow's problem. I know someone will ask me to clarify the above statement, but I'm not ready to just yet. For now, let's leave it at me having a very good reason to believe what I say is truth.

Now this is interesting, and still fall under one of my other possibilities, and again is still within the realm of possibility. Then again in a TC game, everything is.

As for not revealing the info, so far you've given off town vibes to me, so I'll go ahead and trust your judgement for now. Not to say I'm not curious though.

Also, did Noodle's defense get anyone else's heckles up? He's a recruitable but wants us to take his word that he wasn't recruited (when we didn't have a 2nd death) and that he's not a problem for us ... but it seems fairly certain that he's going to be.

You're not alone. I especially disliked the part where he said he is no threat to town, yet he is being very uncooperative. Although despite not seeing 2 deaths doesn't mean Noodle was recruited. They could've gone for someone else for all we know, but that doesn't change the fact that Noodle is bad news waiting to happen, and at some point he must be dealt with. How goes the saying again? If you're not with us, you're against us? Yea seems about right to me. Noodle definitely stands in the way of a town victory, and that makes him a threat, no matter what else he might say.

Although without knowing how recruiting works, it's almost impossible to guess who was recruited and who wasn't.

I'd like to hear others thoughts on this as well.

Do we think there is a head of the zombie snake? Or if the group are all the same, wouldn't each one have the same "recruiting powers"?

My initial reaction is that each zombie is as important as the next because they are zombies. They recruit by biting people, but they'd have to be restricted in some way (maybe the every other kill?) or else the game could be over quickly.

My first thought is that as you say they are equally important, but with the restriction that despite everyone having all the same abilities (killing or recruiting?), only 1 is able to send in a night action. That way they can't snowball into victory within a couple days time.

Sounds like you're mad that you can't recruit him and not have him be lynched.

I wouldn't exactly expect Noodle to get recruited last night, given his liklihood of getting lynched soon . But as was pointed out yesterday: there's little difference anyway. I think if he was town recruitable he would have been recruited to town last night.

Or maybe you're mad at not being able to recruit him, and found the perfect person to blame? You both gave off some scum vibes, but I agreed more with BA's reasoning than yours. Especially after reading this post.

You say that town would recruit Noodle if he was town recruitable, and you seem to know that Noodle wouldn't be recruited last night. Almost as if you know how the recruiting mechanic work? That's quite interesting. For all we know the recruiting action may have limitations. Maybe it only works on a certain race or individual? % chance to work? There are plenty ways it can be implemented, yet you magically know what the recruiting faction would do. If we assume only certain individuals can be recruited, then recruiting Noodle last night seems like the best bet, instead of gambling on an unknown and possibly failing in the process.

If this is the case, do you think the non-zombie mafia are the recruiters (like zombie overlords?) or do you think there would be a zombie recruiter overlord?

Interesting thought. Could it be the Goa'ould are recruiters by making Za'tarcs, and the Za'tarcs end up as zombies?

A bit crazy thought, but they are both under the same faction, but possible Za'tarc targets don't know who Goa'oulds are, and vice versa. Pretty far out there, so I'll not take this further.

I'll explain when BPC shares his results. Those results might influence whether or not you'll believe me, and I don't want that discussion to overshadow the noodle question for the moment.

If BPC has information to make you believable, it should be just as believable after your claim as it is before. I don't trust someone who needs the information of others to make their claim "true".

@Numbers: BA pretty much nailed it. You are still an unknown, while Bipolar's claim so far holds water. Which means if you claim first, and Bipolar's information checks out with yours, it make you look more believable. Doing it the other way around is a perfect way for you to make a fake claim.

I also find it very very weird that Goryani was killed last night. He was putting a lot of pressure on me, and as a result I would have expected the scum to let him live so he could spend a couple days convincing everyone to lynch me.

Or did you just snuff him to remove the heat, and are trying to distance yourself from it?

I'm not twisting anything, if you did what I suggested you'd agree. I'm not calling you scum, I'm saying you did something that made you look scummy.

Right back at you. ;)

I'm also a bit curious about everyone's reads so far. For me right now, I'm leaning CG and Drixx towards town. I was also reading Goryani as town (who may or may not have been town).

Drixx, CG and Bipolar leaning towards town.

Numbers and BA slight scum vibes. Maybe it's just the early morning messing with me still.

kestegs is turning ripples into waves. And not the fun kind.

Noodle confirmed scum until proven otherwise. Yes yes he says neutral blah blah. He's in the way of a victory with possibility of being recruited. So far no sign of town recruiter, so that makes it easy.

Rest is pretty much unknowns.

And since you brought it up, Gory was leaning a bit towards town, but I can't help but feel worried that he could've been anti-town. Or maybe it's just my fear of an anti-town Gory being in the game.

Any reasons for why you don't see it as such?

@Drixx: I hope it's ok I borrowed your WoT. :)

Would love to hear how you know that Gory is/was town. I wouldn't call this out if we didn't have someone with a lynch verified alignment cop claim, but wow. This has to be a scum slip?
Of course I don't "know" but I see no logical reason to assume the one player killed during the night was not a townie.

There's no scum slip here...your thinking is dumb!!

No offense, but Drixx agrees with you and he's fat and dumb...............just sayin'

I'm not going to quote anyone because, well, you all know who you are. I'm just going to claim now and explain the vote thing.

I'm a vigilante. pro town. I won't tell anyone how many shots I have other than to say I have at least one more I can use to prove my role. The day after I shoot someone, my vote will not be counted. That's the main reason behind the extra effort I've put into things that everyone pointed out and some felt was scummy yesterday...as a vig I wanted to have some idea of who to shoot, rather than shooting completely blindly. Also the reason for my question about who people would shoot if they had a vig shot.

Regarding waiting for BPC results before claiming: I really just wanted to see how people reacted to me wanting his information before I gave mine. In terms of relevance, had he investigated me and claimed I was town, I could be vindicated of all this suspicion and we could move the conversation in a useful direction without having to actually claim my role earlier than necessary. If he had more scum results for us, I could offer to shoot the scum over the night in order to prove that I am who I say I am. Either way, it was a greater than 1/16 chance that his information would make my claim more believable.

On N2, I actually shot at flubbucket, because of the vote he promised but didnt actually deliver that I pointed out yesterday. My shot hit Gwaihir, who was pro-town and a bus driver. I assume he self targeted and swapped himself and flub. I obviously don't know if he did that because he felt flub was a power role who should be protected from a NK, or if he did it because he felt flub was scum and should be killed if someone shot at him. That's why there were two kills that night.

The only reason why I'm claiming right now is so we can discuss what I should do with my shot tonight. I'd like whatever I do with it to be something that actually proves I'm town, and saves the town a day spent on lynching, and recruitable noodle seems like a perfect target. Mafia shouldn't be attempting to kill noodle when they can recruit him, so if he turns up dead tonight I think that should be reasonable proof that I am indeed who I say I am. Alternatively, we can lynch noodle, and give me some other target to shoot and I'll go after them.

Why not just shoot Noodle now and be done with it, instead of waiting until night?

I can't think of why we should wait with getting rid of him, but maybe someone else can?

Jcakes: Who would you have passed the voting stick onto, if anyone?

If I had a choice you, I think you are the only proven towny so far. Yesterday I'd have been tempted by kestegs, today he is feeling more like scumstegs.

I'll explain when BPC shares his results. Those results might influence whether or not you'll believe me, and I don't want that discussion to overshadow the noodle question for the moment.

I don't have any analysis, my main thought regarding the results is wondering whether or not those who were only on the D2 train but not D1 are more likely to be scum, or if those who were on both trains are more or less likely. Something I need to think about.

Agreed. Also possible that balance wise there was only one zombie to start, and we lynched him D1. I have no idea how significant the lore is in this game, as far as determining if pharphis was originally intended to be a zombie, or if he was recruited to become one.

Interesting thought. Could it be the Goa'ould are recruiters by making Za'tarcs, and the Za'tarcs end up as zombies?

A bit crazy thought, but they are both under the same faction, but possible Za'tarc targets don't know who Goa'oulds are, and vice versa. Pretty far out there, so I'll not take this further.

I associate Nerus with the Ori, not Goa'uld. That said I could also see Ori converting people into Zombies. Still not convinced by this whole one faction thing.

I'm not going to quote anyone because, well, you all know who you are. I'm just going to claim now and explain the vote thing.

I'm a vigilante. pro town. I won't tell anyone how many shots I have other than to say I have at least one more I can use to prove my role. The day after I shoot someone, my vote will not be counted. That's the main reason behind the extra effort I've put into things that everyone pointed out and some felt was scummy yesterday...as a vig I wanted to have some idea of who to shoot, rather than shooting completely blindly. Also the reason for my question about who people would shoot if they had a vig shot.

Regarding waiting for BPC results before claiming: I really just wanted to see how people reacted to me wanting his information before I gave mine. In terms of relevance, had he investigated me and claimed I was town, I could be vindicated of all this suspicion and we could move the conversation in a useful direction without having to actually claim my role earlier than necessary. If he had more scum results for us, I could offer to shoot the scum over the night in order to prove that I am who I say I am. Either way, it was a greater than 1/16 chance that his information would make my claim more believable.

On N2, I actually shot at flubbucket, because of the vote he promised but didnt actually deliver that I pointed out yesterday. My shot hit Gwaihir, who was pro-town and a bus driver. I assume he self targeted and swapped himself and flub. I obviously don't know if he did that because he felt flub was a power role who should be protected from a NK, or if he did it because he felt flub was scum and should be killed if someone shot at him. That's why there were two kills that night.

The only reason why I'm claiming right now is so we can discuss what I should do with my shot tonight. I'd like whatever I do with it to be something that actually proves I'm town, and saves the town a day spent on lynching, and recruitable noodle seems like a perfect target. Mafia shouldn't be attempting to kill noodle when they can recruit him, so if he turns up dead tonight I think that should be reasonable proof that I am indeed who I say I am. Alternatively, we can lynch noodle, and give me some other target to shoot and I'll go after them.

Interesting claim, I am not sure how much I believe you though. Can you please provide your name? This might persuade you Vote: Numbers.

I associate Nerus with the Ori, not Goa'uld. That said I could also see Ori converting people into Zombies. Still not convinced by this whole one faction thing.

You're right, I should've looked up the name first, but didn't due to being at work. I could see him being on either side tbh, even though his on screen presence I believe is more towards Ori than anything. In fact I hadn't even taken Ori into consideration up until now.

Btw Jcakes, did you mean to type more in your previous post or something? The quoting seems a bit strange. >_>

Completely disagree. You took a post with relevant questions about Noodle and spun it to turn me into a zombie recruiter who was sad I couldn't get Noodle and avoid his death at the same time. Yet, you also post that you are in favor of people not voting anymore because Noodle has too many votes on him this early in the day phase. So what is it? Give me a break.

Also "If you did what I suggested". real townie vibe there.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then.

I'll get to those two WoT posts on the last page shortly.

So you are firmly in the camp of one mafia group then? Cause if you aren't it's a scum slip from flub.

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

I can understand assuming a night kill is probably a townie, except that I believe we're dealing with two anti-town factions. I believe it because of the character names of the two lynched anti-town members, and because the moderator differentiated between zombie and mafia. So working from that assumption, it's not longer safe to assume dead people were town. In a mafia game with two anti-town factions, crossfire generally is to be expected, so the only way someone could be absolutely sure that Goryani was town is if they were a part of the anti-town team that killed him and got his flip.

So yeah, I think it was a slip. The question is whether it was an innocent townie assumption slip or a scum slip.

The bolded part is splitting hairs, I think. To put it into your terminology though, I think it was 'an innocent townie assumption'.

It's not like he said Goryani was a Vanilla Town because that's what the flip said. Right Bad Ash? Right? Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

I agree and almost said the same thing in my previous post (now annoyed I didn't).

If this is the case, do you think the non-zombie mafia are the recruiters (like zombie overlords?) or do you think there would be a zombie recruiter overlord?

Haha, like the Go'auld making zombies and ruling over them

Sorry I haven't been around much, I've been very busy with Thanksgiving this weekend.

I'm not totally sure about this one but I'm going to vote Noodle now and check back later in the day to see if there are more compelling arguments for somebody else.

Vote: Noodle

Krasus, how have I been "uncooperative"? By not triggering a modkill? I've been given an incredibly disadvantageous role, and have been nothing but honest about it. What else could I have done? I don't see how I could have been more helpful outside of suicide.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High