X-men mafia game thread

Ah, I understand. So you're suggesting that something was done along the lines of a bus driver move, however instead of swapping you as targets, you and the other person swapped actions/powers?
Hadn't thought of that, but you may be right (about the busswapping).

Scum will not want you dead. Once they know you are Night-kill immune, they'll just ignore you and you become an ordinary vanilla townie. Night kill immune is not that strong of a power once outed, simply because there is always someone else that can be killed, and it's one less person to have an investigative power.

Yet, scum love to fake claim night kill immune. It answers immediately a very inconvenient question - "Why aren't you dead yet?"

Vote: Logout
That makes since, concerning the nk-immune. It's essentially a voting treestump. The only way to get them dead is through lynching; but, logout states he isn't always nk-immune, and some stuff could still kill him...

logout, something feels fishy about your claim
wiki said:
Rather than wait for a safer version and allow others to die as Illyana had, Colossus injected himself with the cure. By using his powers and sacrificing himself, Colossus enabled the release of an airborne cure, effectively eradicating the disease.
Looks as though he wouldn't protect himself, from a lore related stand-point.
Any lore-experts care to chime in?

@Coju;

I've also tried to read up on Colossus, but there's soo much out there, that I just don't know enough about the comic book world to follow it. Apparently, at some point, Colossus left the X-Men, and, according to some wiki articles I've read, Colossus is tied to another name, which I know to be a bad guy. This is why I thought pharphis' claim of "name not matching role" carried some merit.

I would also appreciate if Noodle, or perhaps Val, could chime in.

Listen, just about everyone in the entire Marvel universe that started out as a good guy, has wound up a bad guy at some point. Bad guys have also been known to go good in many cases. Either we go off what's "generally known" about a character without looking at Wikipedia or names mean jack-all. Only an alignment cop and the mods would know for sure.

Listen, just about everyone in the entire Marvel universe that started out as a good guy, has wound up a bad guy at some point. Bad guys have also been known to go good in many cases. Either we go off what's "generally known" about a character without looking at Wikipedia or names mean jack-all. Only an alignment cop and the mods would know for sure.

Until we get a flip that counter indicates, I'm assuming most will just go off "generally known" as you put it.

roughly 24 hours remaining, correct?

Day 2 Start

M: We are the future, Charles, not them. They no longer matter.
X: Everyone matters. Everyone deserves their chance. You should realize this most of all.
M: If we lived in a perfect world maybe. But humans are determined to eliminate anyone who is not like them. We can not let that happen.

11. Qe1 Qa5

thefranklin has died.

CoolguyBad has died.

With 18 players alive it takes 10 votes to lynch/lock.

All actions should have been addressed, if not please let me know as soon as possible.

You may post freely for the next 48 hours, Day 2 will end December 15 at 5:00pm EST.

Unless the Fight: thing reset the day, then yes.

Hadn't thought of that, but you may be right (about the busswapping).

That makes since, concerning the nk-immune. It's essentially a voting treestump. The only way to get them dead is through lynching; but, logout states he isn't always nk-immune, and some stuff could still kill him...

[highlight]logout, something feels fishy about your claim[/highlight]

Looks as though he wouldn't protect himself, from a lore related stand-point.
Any lore-experts care to chime in?

All claims, unless part of a mass-claim, seem fishy to me. Add the circumstances, and the fact that it's me, then I don't really have a leg to stand on. When I claimed NK-Immune, I actually had already typed out a full claim post. At the last minute, I changed my mind, and started over. Would you feel any differently if I claimed under different circumstances than I currently face?

I've missed a lot of posts, but so far the only thing I really need to say is: "I told you so". I will go back to read what I've missed.

So far, I'd like for Caluin to claim his role. Colossus doesn't really have a particular nemesis, so this "Fight" event seems a bit far-fetched, unless of course he's lying, or the mods are crazy. Until you do claim your character, Caluin, you have my vote on you:

Vote: Caluin Graye.

I've missed a lot of posts, but so far the only thing I really need to say is: "I told you so". I will go back to read what I've missed.

So far, I'd like for Caluin to claim his role. Colossus doesn't really have a particular nemesis, so this "Fight" event seems a bit far-fetched, unless of course he's lying, or the mods are crazy. Until you do claim your character, Caluin, you have my vote on you:

Vote: Caluin Graye.

The fight event was instigated by CG. What's the relevance of whether or not Colossus has a nemesis?

Numbers keep up. I performed the same exact actions as I did night 1. That is to say that I froze Caluin Graye, protecting him from harm and preventing him from taking any action.

Also, interesting turn of events with the Mortal Kombat style "fight!" going on. I read Logout as town and have a no-read on CG right now, so if I had to vote for one of them, I'm afraid it is going to go on Caluin Graye.

Vote: Caluin Graye

Ah, just found out Caluin's post about the fight, I thought that it was a mod-activated encounter, which I believed would be an indication of massive character rivalry (Wolverine vs. Sabretooth), but since it was activated, my theory falls off. I'll keep my vote for now until I've finished reading everything I missed.

Do you want my role, my name, or my mutant power?

You already have my role. I am not willing to give out my other two, as I don't see why anyone should need them right now.

I am going to clarify my role one last time as there seems to still be a lot of questions around.

My ability is Power Cop it reveals the mutant power of my target. My mutant power is Shapeshifting, mutant powers from what I can tell do not do anything but are the flavor of why you have an ability.

Facts:
N1: I targeted someone and got the result that their mutant power is "Eye Lazors". This person is obviously Cyclops.
N2: I was informed at the beginning of N2 that my ability had changed to Elite Body Guard (it was an x-shot ability). I used the ability to protect Drixx. At the end of N2 I was informed that my ability changed back.

Speculation:
Originally I assumed that the reason I got the ability of an Elite Body Guard N2 was because I targeted Cyclops on N1. It made sense to me as an Elite Body Guard seemed to fit the mutant power of Cyclops.

Coju has since come out and said that his ability changed on N2 as well and he picked up the ability of Power Cop (my original ability). He also stated that one of his shots (of his original ability) was used up last night. It appears to me that Coju and I switched abilities N2.

Also, interesting turn of events with the Mortal Kombat style "fight!" going on. I read Logout as town and have a no-read on CG right now, so if I had to vote for one of them, I'm afraid it is going to go on Caluin Graye.

Bolded emphasis is mine.

Really? The guy who tried to cast suspicion on you for revealing jailkeeper results on a no-death night? Rolefished against CrawlingDeadMan and Bad Ash both? The guy who didn't vote for pharphis, even though scum-pharphis voted for him on his death bed?

That's just day one stuff.

How in the world do you have a town vibe on him?

I don't see this is any less of a town aligned ability than vigilante shots would be. Those are given to individuals without the ability to check alignment all the time.

I agree with this and so far we've only seen this particular ability on someone that was town aligned (in the Batman mafia game that pyro hosted.)

I can see that scum may be tempted not to waste an NK on me, but, eventually, they will have to, if they want me dead. The second part, I don't follow. Are you saying that had I not claimed NK-Immune ever, that you wouldn't think I was scum?

So, I guess it comes down to CG vs. myself. Here goes nothing.

My name is Colossus, and I am town aligned. I have the power, as a mutant, of Armored Transformation. That power, grants me the ability to, during the night phase, become NK-Immune from "almost everything." It has a limited amount of shots.

It was reiterated that my transformation turns my body into metal. I think this ties into the Metal Control power that Magneto had, but I can't be sure.

I would ask CG to make a claim, but as I cannot see this being a townie power, I doubt he will.

Revealing your ability as NK immune is always a bad move, it basically makes you useless as the mafia can just not ever target you => you being a VT. This applies to other roles such as Party Host and Bomb (basically roles that are in the game to punish mafia for randomly targeting people).

At the moment, I don't believe either CG or logout are scum.

I agree with this, I am not sure on either .....

Do you want my role, my name, or my mutant power?

You already have my role. I am not willing to give out my other two, as I don't see why anyone should need them right now.

Your name is fairly important as it allows us to assess how close your role is to your name and whether the name is considered a good guy in the X-men universe.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High