X-men mafia game thread

Bolded emphasis is mine.

Really? The guy who tried to cast suspicion on you for revealing jailkeeper results on a no-death night? Rolefished against CrawlingDeadMan and Bad Ash both? The guy who didn't vote for pharphis, even though scum-pharphis voted for him on his death bed?

That's just day one stuff.

How in the world do you have a town vibe on him?

Because his approach is very consistent with his approach to the first game he played, minus the trying to manipulate the game to his own survival part, which seems like what I would expect if he got town again. I mean no disrespect to logout by saying this, but he doesn't strike me as the type who would be able to accurately come into his 2nd game exactly as expected if he was scum since the first time scum puts a great deal of stress upon one, or at least it did for me. I suddenly knew, for sure, who was scum and it made interacting with people require me to intentionally "forget" what I knew in order to interact with people without revealing that I knew things I shouldn't, and then on top of that I couldn't change my posting style and up to that game my posting style had been increasingly getting me into trouble.

So yeah ... I have a town read on him because he's behaving exactly as I expected him to behave and I do not think he yet has the experience with the game to pull that off if he were scum. None of what he has done are actual scum slips ... just things that our playgroup has identified, at a high level, as being things scum try to find out that town doesn't really need to know. What we sometimes forget is that new players don't yet know what they NEED to know vs. what they would LIKE to know, and often ask questions which they don't realize are harmful.

Unfortunately, I don't think either of you are scum at the moment. The only solution I can think of if a number of people agree would be to have no votes or have a tie, but that could very easily be "accidentally" messed with, and so we're stuck with what I have a suspicion is two townies fighting to the death today.

I should probably vote logout just because (again, no offense logout because I sincerely like you and hope you stay playing with us long term) if you are indeed both townie it is more useful to have Caluin Graye in the game than Logoutzero. The problem is that I have a null read on you CG, and it's still possible you were the hitman night one.

I suppose in light of my indecision I'll have to Unvote: Caluin Graye for now and re-read (although we absurdly have nearly 700 posts already in day 2).

I figured I should drop at least one wall o' text into the game for sentimental sake. It is the holiday season after all. Think of it as my special gift to you all.

Does no one have any thoughts on my questions from a bit ago about strongman usage, and why drixx wasn't targeted, and if he would be targeted by a strongman hit if he were targeted?

Particularly interested in Jcakes thoughts on that, since he chose to attempt to protect Drixx.

Because his approach is very consistent with his approach to the first game he played, minus the trying to manipulate the game to his own survival part, which seems like what I would expect if he got town again. I mean no disrespect to logout by saying this, but he doesn't strike me as the type who would be able to accurately come into his 2nd game exactly as expected if he was scum since the first time scum puts a great deal of stress upon one, or at least it did for me. I suddenly knew, for sure, who was scum and it made interacting with people require me to intentionally "forget" what I knew in order to interact with people without revealing that I knew things I shouldn't, and then on top of that I couldn't change my posting style and up to that game my posting style had been increasingly getting me into trouble.

So yeah ... I have a town read on him because he's behaving exactly as I expected him to behave and I do not think he yet has the experience with the game to pull that off if he were scum. None of what he has done are actual scum slips ... just things that our playgroup has identified, at a high level, as being things scum try to find out that town doesn't really need to know. What we sometimes forget is that new players don't yet know what they NEED to know vs. what they would LIKE to know, and often ask questions which they don't realize are harmful.

Unfortunately, I don't think either of you are scum at the moment. The only solution I can think of if a number of people agree would be to have no votes or have a tie, but that could very easily be "accidentally" messed with, and so we're stuck with what I have a suspicion is two townies fighting to the death today.

I should probably vote logout just because (again, no offense logout because I sincerely like you and hope you stay playing with us long term) if you are indeed both townie it is more useful to have Caluin Graye in the game than Logoutzero. The problem is that I have a null read on you CG, and it's still possible you were the hitman night one.

I suppose in light of my indecision I'll have to Unvote: Caluin Graye for now and re-read (although we absurdly have nearly 700 posts already in day 2).

I figured I should drop at least one wall o' text into the game for sentimental sake. It is the holiday season after all. Think of it as my special gift to you all.

Agreed. Basically outlined why I don't think logout is scum either. I was wrong about phar though, so I could be wrong here.

Pharphis is a very experienced player, and I think honestly he made a very brilliant (but risky) play.

((I'm not sure if I should be grateful, or feel quite insulted :p But, I appreciate your comment on sincerely liking me, and hoping I join you long term. On D1, after some things happened, I decided I wasn't going to play again after this game. I still haven't quite changed my mind, but I am grateful to you for saying this, if in fact, you are being sincere.))

((And to clarify, since Goldtru mentioned that she interprets posts in "parens" (parenthesis?) as whispering, I wanted to clarify, because I thought this was common knowledge among gamer/internet type folks. Double Parenthesis come from old chat room role playing, where they signify as the player speaking out of character. I use it here to denote posts that have nothing to do with the game, as to try not to derail the conversation.))

hm mh mmm hmhh mhmm mh mhmh hhhh mm hm mhmm mhhh h hm mmh mmm mmm mhh hh mhh h hh

hmm mmm hmh mhh hm mhh mhh hhh hm hmmh h hmh hh mmm mhh hm m m hhhh h h mh mhh mmm hhmh hhh h mh m h mh mhmh h hhh mm hm mhm hh mh mmh m hhhh h hmhh hm hhh m hmhh h m m h hmh hmm hmh mmm mh mmh hhh mmm mm h m hh mm h hhh

hmm mmm hmh mhh hm mhh mhh hhh hm hmmh h hmh hh mmm mhh hm m m hhhh h h mh mhh mmm hhmh hhh h mh m h mh mhmh h hhh mm hm mhm hh mh mmh m hhhh h hmhh hm hhh m hmhh h m m h hmh hmm hmh mmm mh mmh hhh mmm mm h m hh mm h hhh

"WORD ADDS A PERIOD AT THE END OF SENTENCES MAKING THE LAST LETTER WRONG SOMETIMES"

Okay. :)

hh mhh mmm mh m hmhh hh mhm h mhmm mmm hhm hmh hhh mm hhm mmh hm m m hh m hhm mhh h mh hhm mm mhhh h hmh hhh

Your name is fairly important as it allows us to assess how close your role is to your name and whether the name is considered a good guy in the X-men universe.

I disagree. You have no way of knowing what name I give you is fake or stolen, and should not judge a person's towniness on their name but by their actions. However, revealing my name gives mafia clues as to any other powers I may or may not posses, and with their name/power cop dead, I'd rather keep that information close to my chest.

This goes for anyone else as well. I don't believe for one second that Logout is actually Colossus.

hm mh mmm hmhh mhmm mh mhmh hhhh mm hm mhmm mhhh h hm mmh mmm mmm mhh hh mhh h hh

("A no lynch may be a good idea")

I was not kidding when I stated that I am forcing the issue. A no-lynch is not possible today. It's either me or Logout.

I would not have put us in this situation if I did not firmly believe that he was scum. Should he flip town, then I'll be very surprised and will be the first to vote for myself tomorrow.

hh mhmh hm mh hhh h h hmhh mmm mmh mmm hhm m mhhh h hh mh mmh h hh m hhhh h hmh hm hmhh hh mmh mh mm h mh m hm m m hhhh hh hhh hmmh mmm hh mh m m mmm mm h hh m hhh h h mm hhh hmhh hh mhm h mhmh hm hmhh hhm hh mh mmh hmh hm mhmm h hmmm hhm mm hmmh h mhh m mmm hhm hhh h hhhh hh hhh hmmh mmm hmm h hmh mmm mh hm mh hm hmhh hmh h hm mhh mhmm mmm mhhh hhhm hh mmm hhm hhh hmhh mhmm mh mhmh hhhh m hhhh hh hhh hmm mmm hmh hmh hh h hhh mm h hm mh mhh hh hhh m hhhh h mmm mh hmhh mhmm hmh h hm hhh mmm mh hh hm mm hhhh h hhh hh m hm mh m hmh hh mmh hhhh m mh mmm hmm

hh mhmh hm mh hhh h h hmhh mmm mmh mmm hhm m mhhh h hh mh mmh h hh m hhhh h hmh hm hmhh hh mmh mh mm h mh m hm m m hhhh hh hhh hmmh mmm hh mh m m mmm mm h hh m hhh h h mm hhh hmhh hh mhm h mhmh hm hmhh hhm hh mh mmh hmh hm mhmm h hmmm hhm mm hmmh h mhh m mmm hhm hhh h hhhh hh hhh hmmh mmm hmm h hmh mmm mh hm mh hm hmhh hmh h hm mhh mhmm mmm mhhh hhhm hh mmm hhm hhh hmhh mhmm mh mhmh hhhh m hhhh hh hhh hmm mmm hmh hmh hh h hhh mm h hm mh mhh hh hhh m hhhh h mmm mh hmhh mhmm hmh h hm hhh mmm mh hh hm mm hhhh h hhh hh m hm mh m hmh hh mmh hhhh m mh mmm hmm

("I can see Logout being either alignment at this point. To me it seems like CG jumped to use his power on an already obvious lynch. This worries me and is the only reason I am hesitating right now.")

It was not an obvious lynch as I was the only person voting him, two other people were voting for Jcakes and one person on Bad Ash at the time. (Pre-submit edit: Bad Ash did end up unvoting Jcakes).

The window for my ability was closing and it looked like to me that there was no consensus being formed. Meanwhile, Logout was skating by. A couple people picked up on it and called him on it. I decided today was as good as time to use my ability, rather than risk using it on someone I wasn't as confident about.

hh mhh hh hhh hm mmh hmh h h hh mhhh h hmhh hh h hhhm h m hhhh hm m hmhh mmm mmh mmm hhm m hmm hm hhh hhm mh mhh h hmh hhmh hm hh hmh hmhh mhmm hhhh h hm hhhm mhmm hhh mhmh hmh hhm m hh mh mhmm hm mh mhh hmm mmm hhm hmhh mhh mm mmm hhh m hmhh hh mhm h hmhh mhmm hhhh hm hhhm h mhhh h h mh hmhh mhmm mh mhmh hhhh h mhh m hhhh h mhh hm mhmm hmm hm hhh hmhh h hhh hhh m hhhh hm mh hhhh hm hmhh hhmh mmm hhhm h hmh hm m m hhhh hm m m hh mm h hm hhh hmm h hmhh hmhh

I've seen Fight used before. Is it always a town ability?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High