X-men mafia game thread

I've seen Fight used before. Is it always a town ability?

Never seen it in play, but as scum, this would be an exceedingly risky power. If I had it as mafia, I'm not sure if even bother using it.

The word always doesn't really do well in games like this though, so who knows...

I've seen Fight used before, always as a town ability. Anyone ever seen otherwise?

Fixed that for you. I don't like the message of this post. You are implying not only that you know it is a town ability now (always includes now, doesn't it?) and that, you refuse to accept that it can be anything other than that?

Just wanted to point that out, as I may not be here tomorrow to do so.

Fixed that for you. I don't like the message of this post. You are implying not only that you know it is a town ability now (always includes now, doesn't it?) and that, you refuse to accept that it can be anything other than that?

You didn't "fix" what I said. I said exactly what I meant to say. What I'm doing is trying to find a reason to vote for CG over you since I believed your claim. I was sorta agreeing with Drixx that I was getting the new player vibe from you, but...

Vote: logoutzero

I didn't play those, do you know what the bonus was? I'd check but it'd probably take forever on this phone.

Bodyguard .

mhmh hhhh hm mh mmh hh mh mmh hhhh hh hhh hmmh mmm hhh m hmhh hh mhm h m hhhh hm m hhh h h mm hhh hh mh mhmh hmh h mhh hh mhhh hmhh mhmm hmh hhm mhh h m mmm mm h
"CHANGING HIS POST LIKE THAT SEEMS INCREDIBLY RUDE TO ME"

Seemed that way to me too considering what I was looking for.

mhmh hhhh hm mh mmh hh mh mmh hhhh hh hhh hmmh mmm hhh m hmhh hh mhm h m hhhh hm m hhh h h mm hhh hh mh mhmh hmh h mhh hh mhhh hmhh mhmm hmh hhm mhh h m mmm mm h

changing his post like that seems incredibly rude to me

Never seen it in play, [highlight]but as scum, this would be an exceedingly risky power.[/highlight] If I had it as mafia, I'm not sure if even bother using it.

The word always doesn't really do well in games like this though, so who knows...

I'm not saying that you are defending the alignment that "best" suits this power, but, can you see that it is even more risky in the hands of a townie?

Townie: Bob fights Jack. Nobody but Bob, and alignment cops know what Bob is. Nobody but Jack and alignment cops know what Jack is. Both statistically have equal chances of being town, and equal chances of being voted/lynched.

Scumbag: Bob fights Jack. Nobody but Bob, and the rest of the mafia, and alignment cops know what Bob is. Nobody but Jack and alignment cops know what Jack is. There is only a chance that Jack is town. While both players still statistically have the same odds of being voted/lynched, the inherent balancing by giving this power to mafia makes sense.

Neutral: Bob fights Jack. Bob only cares about getting a kill, so he doesn't care what alignment Jack is. Otherwise, equal to the scumbag scenario. Again, inherently balanced.

Granted, I've never setup a Forum Mafia game, but, if it counts for anything, I have "moderated" for AD&D for many years, and balance/fairness is always a priority to make the game fun.

I'm not saying you are wrong, and I'm not saying I am right. I just want you to see that there are other possibilities.

Oh come on! Is "FTFY" another one of those understood, "we don't take well to yer kind around these parts boy" type things? How the heck do you expect anyone to stick around, with all this unwritten etiquette?

CDM, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you, or hurt your feelings. I actually was meaning to be playful, I'd hoped you could see that. Something-something-something-Hamachi-something-something-friends-something about how you know me better than that.

You guys take it how you want, but here's another one of those points I mentioned earlier to Drixx, about not wanted to play again. If you are going to flip your lids over something small like a "FTFY" type post, at least make a "Mafia Sticky" to explain these sorts of gross overreactions... It's really not inviting for new players...

mhmm mmm hhm mhh hh mhh mh mmm m hhmh hh mhhm hh m mhmm mmm hhm mhmh hhhh hm mh mmh h mhh hh m m hhhh h mh hhh mhmh hmh hhm m hh mh hh mmhh h mhh m hhhh h mhmh hhhh hm mh mmh h mhh hmmh mmm hhh m

Logout, I am always sincere when I say something to someone out of character, as you put it. You really should look at my first mafia game where I literally intentionally got myself modkilled (and I believe most games now feature a penalty to your team if you do that).

I'm not saying that you are defending the alignment that "best" suits this power, but, can you see that it is even more risky in the hands of a townie?

Townie: Bob fights Jack. Nobody but Bob, and alignment cops know what Bob is. Nobody but Jack and alignment cops know what Jack is. Both statistically have equal chances of being town, and equal chances of being voted/lynched.

Scumbag: Bob fights Jack. Nobody but Bob, and the rest of the mafia, and alignment cops know what Bob is. Nobody but Jack and alignment cops know what Jack is. There is only a chance that Jack is town. While both players still statistically have the same odds of being voted/lynched, the inherent balancing by giving this power to mafia makes sense.

Neutral: Bob fights Jack. Bob only cares about getting a kill, so he doesn't care what alignment Jack is. Otherwise, equal to the scumbag scenario. Again, inherently balanced.

Granted, I've never setup a Forum Mafia game, but, if it counts for anything, I have "moderated" for AD&D for many years, and balance/fairness is always a priority to make the game fun.

I'm not saying you are wrong, and I'm not saying I am right. I just want you to see that there are other possibilities.

All of that assumes knowledge none of us has.
The point I was making is that of mafia have four players, already lost one on day one, would mafia really want to do a 50/50 on day two? Mafia could be half gone on day two...just seems suicidal to me.
but as I said before, who knows...only the mods know how this stuff is balanced and if giving this to mafia is a good idea or not.

I could see it...just ballsy is all.

mhmm mmm hhm mhh hh mhh mh mmm m hhmh hh mhhm hh m mhmm mmm hhm mhmh hhhh hm mh mmh h mhh hh m m hhhh h mh hhh mhmh hmh hhm m hh mh hh mmhh h mhh m hhhh h mhmh hhhh hm mh mmh h mhh hmmh mmm hhh m

"YOU DID NOT FIX IT YOU CHANGED IT THEN SCRUTINIZED THE CHANGED POST"

No, not at all. I changed it. Then ridiculed his original post.

All of that assumes knowledge none of us have.
The point I was making is that if mafia have four players, they already lost one on day one, would mafia really want to do a 50/50 on day two? Mafia could be half gone on day two...just seems suicidal to me.
but as I said before, who knows...only the mods know how this stuff is balanced and if giving this to mafia is a good idea or not.

I could see it...just ballsy is all.

Just fixing some fat finger issues XD!

Oh come on! Is "FTFY" another one of those understood, "we don't take well to yer kind around these parts boy" type things? How the heck do you expect anyone to stick around, with all this unwritten etiquette?

CDM, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you, or hurt your feelings. I actually was meaning to be playful, I'd hoped you could see that. Something-something-something-Hamachi-something-something-friends-something about how you know me better than that.

You guys take it how you want, but here's another one of those points I mentioned earlier to Drixx, about not wanted to play again. If you are going to flip your lids over something small like a "FTFY" type post, at least make a "Mafia Sticky" to explain these sorts of gross overreactions... It's really not inviting for new players...
No worries, we're still buds outside the game. Believe me I know how frustrating this game is and how love/hate it can be. I still consider myself new and I took a few games off after the last one I played because of it. Nothing in game should effect how people get along with each other everywhere else.

Maybe had I said it this way, you might not think that I was being rude:

Fixed that for you ;P

But re: what you posted, I don't like your message. You are implying not only that you know it is a town ability now(...)

Because that's how I meant it. Anyway, I'm done with this discussion, it's only serving as a distraction/degrading our attention for the issue at hand.

hh mhh hh hhh hm mmh hmh h h hh mhhh h hmhh hh h hhhm h m hhhh hm m hmhh mmm mmh mmm hhm m hmm hm hhh hhm mh mhh h hmh hhmh hm hh hmh hmhh mhmm hhhh h hm hhhm mhmm hhh mhmh hmh hhm m hh mh mhmm hm mh mhh hmm mmm hhm hmhh mhh mm mmm hhh m hmhh hh mhm h hmhh mhmm hhhh hm hhhm h mhhh h h mh hmhh mhmm mh mhmh hhhh h mhh m hhhh h mhh hm mhmm hmm hm hhh hmhh h hhh hhh m hhhh hm mh hhhh hm hmhh hhmh mmm hhhm h hmh hm m m hhhh hm m m hh mm h hm hhh hmm h hmhh hmhh

Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High