Wolfbarbs-The ultimate guide (Revised verson)

Re: Wolfbarbs-The ultimate guide (Revised verson)

No I'm not bothered about the 3 fpa thing. But the general consense here seems to be that feral rage = normal attack for speed and that doesn't seem to be the case. Even if you can get 3 fpa on a robo phase it would be useless for pvp as you'll never do enough damage to trigger fhr. (well except in SP where you can use imba 1.10 cruel 6 sox weapons of quickness)

I agree taking screenshots affects the results when doing something like trying to capture frames, that's actually evident in the screenshots I've posted where you can see a gap next to the barb with no holy bolts where the game has lagged while taking the shot (I held lmb down while hitting my printscreen keys), but it won't affect the position of the other bolts already in the air relative to each other.

Gratz on being this thread's 1000th poster btw :thumbsup:

Phool, Blizzard would'nt allow Feral Rage to go any faster because that would be imbalanced. Instead they will utilize the attack speed already allowed and give it modifiers to make it effective. There is no sense in allowing 4fpa with Normal Attack and then boosting the speed that much more with a skill. If I had 3fpa with a Gris Caddy, my Wolfbarb would of torn enemies to shreds, as if I was'nt fast enough already. The bonus Feral Rage has is enough, giving it more more attack speed is just absurd.

i think you didnt understand my method
1. i captured video with fraps. the video is smooth, no lagging of any kind. i captured 5-6 videos. i have choosed best one (for you tube)
2. opened captured videos with windows media player. click ''show enhancements'' and watch video frame by frame.
3. printscreen choosen frame. cut out segment (game screen) in paint and save it like screenshot
4. assembled video with pictures (i should marked them frame1,2...)

very simple. no lagging. no actual screen capture in motion.

i made this testing also for bearsin, and its totaly correct. you can find brakepoints for example for fury runic. and you will also notice 5 frame is max for runic chaos
everybody agree that druid werebear with 110 ias pb hits 4 frames. when you watch recorded video frame by frame, you clearly see 4 different frames.

for 31 ias pb on wolfbarb, wereform central shows 5 fpa for feral rage. actually it is 7 frames. with 30 ias you are on 8 fpa and you can see the difference.

unfortunately this calculator have this flaw for feral rage and bear assasin

a couple of questions on ias.

am i safe to presume that non-weapon ias applies?

second question. does the ias from the second weapon apply?

i should be able to awnser this question in the next day or so, i finally built a barb for this and i am currently at lvl55. i will be at lvl 80 in the next day or so. but being at work, and having to wait is driving me crazy :grin:

So I've gone the opposite route of mostly everyone in here and gone for more power... rather than speed and it seems to be working out fairly nicely for me.

I don't duel much.. but what I've done with him I can pretty easily take down Hdins and Javazons... though smiters are a bit hard since I have a somewhat slower IAS...

I'm also using a EBOTDTM which is giving me quite a bit of power... around 9k per hit. I was just wondering if anyone else had gone this route? instead of speed? I mostly did him PvM and he's serving his purpose quite well. I'll probably post a few screens of his gear and stats as well.

So I've gone the opposite route of mostly everyone in here and gone for more power... rather than speed and it seems to be working out fairly nicely for me.

I don't duel much.. but what I've done with him I can pretty easily take down Hdins and Javazons... though smiters are a bit hard since I have a somewhat slower IAS...

I'm also using a EBOTDTM which is giving me quite a bit of power... around 9k per hit. I was just wondering if anyone else had gone this route? instead of speed? I mostly did him PvM and he's serving his purpose quite well. I'll probably post a few screens of his gear and stats as well.

you have very slow attack, low damage reduce and no block :shocked:

i wonder why people like to see big numbers in character screen and neglect other things...
always laugh when i see fury druids with botd tm

If i was to completely and utterly ignore attack speed, and i wanted all out dmg, i would prolly make a eth death decapitator/glorious axe. But i would never do that. Having speed is really crucial and id say if you like you dmg with tm thats all fine and dandy. But when you pretty much do that dmg with a greif pb and go several frames faster, you'll be hooked that big 2 handers that are slow are a stupid idea... specially since your 2 hander is range 3 :undecided:

Best 2 handers are ebotd Gpa and eTomb Reaver. Hands down lol.

-BLoke

In my screenshots it couldn't be clearer attack speed is faster with feral rage than with normal attack, please explain this.

With the 3 FPA test rig normal attack will only animate at 4 frames per attack while Feral Rage most certainly shaves a frame off and ends up with a 3 frame attack.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't be a faster attack. Isn't Hunger way faster than maul? :smiley:

I upgraded a few things on my barb.. working much better.

He's now using a Griefpb and a SS with a 15ias jewel in it. His resistances are just about maxed except fire (around 72) I do need to get him a fort... currently using either Nigma or Coh, but I don't have the resources to get one at the moment.

The SS I got actually came with the jewel in there.. so it wasn't really my choice.. He's doing fairly well against Zons and Sorcs. Barbs are a bit tricky and Smiters are tough. I'm happy with him so far but If I get everything I want he should be set.

Thats good, but really the jewel isnt helping you want so ever lol. Glad to hear though that your enjoying the build. And smiters are probably the hardest duel for a wolfbarb. I rarely won, and against tap ones, i dont think i ever came close...

Lol. yeah... It's one of my favorite builds, besides my singer barb. I've only got a smiter down to half health before Tap kicked in and I stood no chance. Is a Griefpb better for wolf barbs than a griz caddy that's shaeld and jeweled? I'm just wondering. Also Caddy's seem to be somewhat expensive from what I can gather.

Griz caddy would be cheaper than grief (on nl anyway)

Grizz caddy hits 2 frames faster at 4fps but needs a full 4 shaels.

Grief pb (32% ias+) hits at 6fps

Even so the damage out-put on the grief is better, but if you do enough damage with the caddy the speed makes you put them in FHR more.

@NewForumBloke, you recommended I put a sheal in my SS. It only changes the block rate by 1 fps, and since its 6->5 or 5->4 dont remember, but that seems kind of insignificant compared to all the brootal stuff you could lodge into your shield hole :p

Its been the standard in most WW sheilds. Pretty much every guide on a shifter (wolf anyways) has always recommended the Shael as it seems to really give a difference in blocking. To be honest ive always accepted it, but maybe ill slap on a ed jewel'd ss on my wolfbaba and take him into a melee duel and see what happens.

Well what I was looking into was something like 9 dex/-15% req's or Ed/-15% reqs cause that would allow me to really take advantage of my ridiculous life bonus. 30%ED/9D/-15% Rare jewel is possible :D

All we need now is to get Holy Shield on a Barb and we'll be unstoppable.
Edit: And Critical strike

I wouldn't advise on using anything other than Sheal for your shield. The block speed makes all the difference. Especially when dueling those who have 4fpa attack in some form or mobs of other monsters. You'll be able to keep up with their hits. Also the frame rates with the shield goes from 5>4 with Sheal.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High