Wolfbarbs-The ultimate guide (Revised verson)

Re: Wolfbarbs-The ultimate guide (Revised verson)

1.) I dont think the phase is going to be that great of an idea, even with the ed from pheonix.

2.) You will either have no block, or rather low life for a wolfbaba

3.) Ditch the maras. Your a baba not a caster lol. Its nice to have for a prebuff, but go with either Metal grid, Highlords, or Gelic combo.

Not quite sure your reason for 1 pt into leap, as you can use baba skills in wolf form (otherwise conc babas/zerk babas would be nutz lol not to mention ww!)

Really though, if you want to use the PB with 120 ias, the setup to me would be closer to this:

Wolfhowl- Ber'd
Fort
120 ias PB
Pheonix
2x Ravens (20 dex each)
Highlords/Metal grid
Gores
Dracs
Dungo

Charms will definately have to be 3/xx/xx at the very least since you'll be wanting to get as much dmg as you can possibly get.

Now since ive never tried this build, i cant guarentee the success of it, and imo if dmg with griz barely can break 1.7ish, this one doesnt seem too hopeful. Infact id have to double check myself to see if 3 frame is even possible, since i had the impression that 4 was the max (using 4xsheal'd caddy).

Good luck man, lmk how it turns out, im a wolfbaba fanatic lol!

-BLoke :smug:

you should not just rely on some calculator and claim it as this is truth. wereform central is great site but have some flaws. speed for feral rage is not correct. another confirmed fault is that speed for bear assasins is not correct.

anyway i just tested fpa on wolfbarb with 115 ias pb (used by my fireclaw druid) and it is 4 fpa. just record the video with fraps, open it with media player and you can watch it frame by frame. you will see 4 different frames during one attack

yes i was on ab and they dont know what they are talking about. just blabering lots of BS.
i have presented to you real in-game results, not ''theory'' made on wrong asumptions.

if you still dont believe me then i guess you believe that meteor and ondals reduces experience to party members...

like one famous naci leader sad: if you repeat lie enough times it will become truth (just for the record,i dont favor nacis)

yes i was on ab and they dont know what they are talking about. just blabering lots of BS.
i have presented to you real in-game results, not ''theory'' made on wrong asumptions.

if you still dont believe me then i guess you believe that meteor and ondals reduces experience to party members...

like one famous naci leader sad: if you repeat lie enough times it will become truth (just for the record,i dont favor nacis)

im not attacking your results. if anything, i am more then happy to have accurate results.

i was simply trying to say, that i wasn't basing this on a simple calculator.

Ill confirm that vknez is right.
That calc has been known to be bugged for ages.

120ias pb is a BAD idea for a wolf barb. your damage will be VERY LOW even with phoenix.

120ias pb is a BAD idea for a wolf barb. your damage will be VERY LOW even with phoenix.

yeah i have realized that, i ended up making that weapon my main zeal weapon for my pally.

besides a caddy, are there any other suggested 4frame weapons?

on normal attack 4 frame is max

on feral rage u can reach 3...

http://home.comcast.net/~thedragoon/wereformadvanced.html

u can also get by /w 100 ias, and put something else in the slot.

you can't get 3 frames. the calculator for feral rage doesnt give accurate numbers. Use the normal attack to calculate for feral rage.

vknez was right.

also there isnt really many other options for 4 frame weapons. in my experience its either speed and low damage with the caddy or high damage and slower speed with greif.

ive seen both work successfully, although i favor the greif more so.

Wereform Central said:
Please Note: I haven't quite figured out Feral Rage for 1.10 so any calculations for that are approximations.

There is that little disclaimer right on the calculator page too. Anywho, I don't know that there are any other viable four frame options on a wolfbarb, though I have seen Grief phase blades used to quite a substantial effect. While they're not as fast as the caddy, they do hit hard. Keep in mind wolfbarbs are also excellent tanks, by virtue of shout + iron skin against melee opponents and their sizable hit point pool, coupled with excellent fhr rates in wolfform, the slightly decreased attack speed won't be as big of an issue as you'd think.

anyway i just tested fpa on wolfbarb with 115 ias pb (used by my fireclaw druid) and it is 4 fpa. just record the video with fraps, open it with media player and you can watch it frame by frame. you will see 4 different frames during one attack

Can you offer any sort of evidence of this? I was trying to help either prove either way if it was 3 or 4 frames, and so far it's looking more like 3.

You haven't presented anything but your opinion. So, please, let's see some pictures/video/ect.

Please refrain from Ad Hominem attacks. If not for the sake of your argument, then maybe for those that happen to be friends with the AB peoples. :smiley:

Can you offer any sort of evidence of this? I was trying to help either prove either way if it was 3 or 4 frames, and so far it's looking more like 3.

You haven't presented anything but your opinion. So, please, let's see some pictures/video/ect.

Please refrain from Ad Hominem attacks. If not for the sake of your argument, then maybe for those that happen to be friends with the AB peoples. :smiley:

as i sad people on AB (on end of 2 fpa bearsin topic) are talking ordinary BS without checking anything. pictures dont prove nothing. i can post 4 different screenshots and how can you know that is it true. if you really wanna check for yourself, get wolhowl, 6 sox phase blade, fraps and windows media player. if you dont belive me,that i checked this (cause i was suspicious) i dont care, especially if you rather belive to rumors without any kind of proof

feral rage doesnt hit 3 frames...

So far, the tests are saying otherwise.

So, until someone can step up with either some new info on the feral rage attack speed breakpoints or comes up with another test to check how fast it's really going, it's not going any slower than 3 frames. :smiley:

especially if you rather belive to rumors without any kind of proof

And how is believing you any different than believing them? Well, besides the fact that they've provided tests and information and you've provided...well..not much.

i read all topic in AB forum where they are ''discussing'' 3 fpa on wolfbarb using 4 shaeled griswold mace/100 ias phase blade. i also noticed there are posts from forum members Thrill Kill and MYK. if you are the same MYK from AB, i must say you where right with your animated gifs.
complete attack also contain frame, where character stand still, cause in few consecutive attacks frame ''stand still'' is part of attack as i will demonstrate in video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N39BkB1SYG4

if you like i can send better quality video by e-mail, also screenshoots of frame-by-frame (i'm lazy to upload them also). if will some watch this video, open it with media player and activate show enhancements (under view/enhancements)

testing done from AB members are done with altering game mechanics in some editor using ctc spells as indicator. this same type of testing has misguided SSoG with belive in 2 fpa bearsin

I believe it was the weapon that SSoG hacked in had more weapon IAS than usual, thus resulting in a faster attack speed than is possible (2 frame attack). The CTC test done by him was pretty accurate, however, and his predictions on how many Frost Novas triggered per attack cycle speed happened to match very closely with the tests that I did with it.

An oddity - In your video it looks like it's missing an attack frame that's present in my Gif.

~ I don't think my Gif test was correct because, as someone on AB mentioned, the first "at rest" frame doesn't seem to fit in. It was mentioned that when the computer takes a snap it takes a split second for it to react and thus makes my wolf sit idle. This is further confirmed by the fact that I ended up with way more of the wolf "At rest" than of him attacking.

I haven't seen the AB thread and don't intend to get involved. I have a suggestion on a way to resolve this more convincingly.

screenshot007yj4.jpg

screenshot008ez2.jpg

Use a setup such as shown above. I have several hundred pdr so fhr isn't an issue, a 120% IAS phase with 100% ctc holy bolt on attack and, just for good measure, ITD. There is no external IAS, the charms provide pdr and mdr only. If it isn't obvious, in the first screenshot feral is used and in the second normal attack is used. The wolfhowl is a legit one with 2-3-6-6 btw.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High