Wolfbarbs-The ultimate guide (Revised verson)

Re: Wolfbarbs-The ultimate guide (Revised verson)

I'm making a Wolfbarb But i have afew questions, First I have a AP Fort and im just wondering would that be good for me? Also I'm using a "Beast" Ettin Axe, Should I keep this or trade it for something else? I'm hitting 3k Feral rage.

AP Fort is fine armor. The beast however will do you a slow attack.

Grief PB will hit 6 fps, as well as any other PB with 40 IAS.

Griz set wep with 4 shaels hits 4 FPS.

You'll want a fast attack if you PVP if not Beast isnt bad but a grief or ebotdz could still be better.

Thanks for the answer, I have another question what about a doomz becuase of the Holy Freeze aura and 45 ias?

Then you looking at only 8 or 9 fps :/ Holy freeze is always a good time, maybe for PvM but it doesn't belong in PvP too slow and HF is BM IMO and I believe in general.

Even Ebotdz with 60 IAS is only 8 fps. It's kind of depressing how slow things are :(

Does my secondary ( passive ) wepon bonuses works, like deadly, enchanted damage, to promary status ?, like i have gris caddy, and in secondary hand i have wep with 50% deadly and 300% ench dmg, would it work ?

Does my secondary ( passive ) wepon bonuses works, like deadly, enchanted damage, to promary status ?, like i have gris caddy, and in secondary hand i have wep with 50% deadly and 300% ench dmg, would it work ?

no........

Amazing build. Just got the gear recently. Damn expensive but an excellent dueler. ;)

I played a wolfbarb myself about 2-3 years ago, was an awesome dueler, only me being an idiot against hammerdins/trapsins = lose in duels.

Not to great in pvm, but pvp if played right with proper sorb/resist gear, they tear enemies to shreds.

I figure they're still potent to this day?

Griss, Grief(phase), eBotD(phase), whats the ebst for Wolfy in PvP ? OR mybe Breath in phase sucks ?

Back when I did it, 4 shael gris caddy was awesome, attacked so fast things died so quickly(that is if I could reach them w/o dying first).

I figure grief would be great if you're stocked up with tons of poison damage charms. You lose attack speed but the poison resist negation would balance some of it off.

Botd seems wasted on a pb imo. While botd's stats are amazing, it really is more for a zerker axe Runeword than a PB one.

Y i know that, but is it fast for wolfbarb and does it has more dmg than griss ?

Don't know, you'd have to test it out in single player or something. Grief will naturally do more damage at the tradeoff of less attacks per sec.

Would i be better off using a shield or a secondary weapon that will give me some good boosts like doombinger for 20% life, beast for lycan/fanta, doom for holy freeze?

As of right now im using stormshield with 4x shaeled griz caddy. Think i would be better off with the alternative?

Last edited:

I figure a shael'ed stormshield would be great against zealots and other classes that go attacking you in melee range. Having enough block could save your *** from the melee duelers for pvp.

Last edited:

Would i be better off using a shield or a secondary weapon that will give me some good boosts like doombinger for 20% life, beast for lycan/fanta, doom for holy freeze?

As of right now im using stormshield with 4x shaeled griz caddy. Think i would be better off with the alternative?

i like to bully amas with gris 4 shael mace (for 4 fpa) and doom in off hand. she cant run from me and i'm putting her constantly in dodge/evade with fast swings

Vourius reigns the wolf throne once more, I, am back! I have re-entered into the D2 world again. However I am fresh into the mix now, and I seek assistance from my fellow Lycans. Heh, it's good to be back.

Im really into lycant builds(non-druid that it). Think I'll try this one out first before the zon or sin. Had a blast with my sensitive yet destructive enchantress bear of electrocution. I want to go for more of a defensive side for a change.

Im not into pvp so blocking isn't too important. I was thinking of wearing grief/pheonix/atma's ammy and azurewrath for immunes. Firestorm(druid version) doesn't cancel normal attacks with it's casting delay right?

thing is you use feral rage not normal attack, and firestorm will put you on delay. i recomend storm or sanctuary if you go pvm...

Nevermind about that idea, even normal attacks get cancelled for the duration. Dumbest thing ever.

Is gris weapon alright for pvm despite it's dmg? Kinda without grief atm. Would beast caddy be close to a 4 shael'd gris' speed?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High