Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Re: Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

It's a fine day to hunt bots ;)

That one was in honor of Gorny himself, he probably wouldn't have been able to pull the trigger on it anyways, as it was a filthy NCIS lover.

I deleted a spambot post right before this post, just so there's no confusion on what she may have been referencing.

:whistling:

Not much else going on.

hah you admit it! you edited the mafia game.

get him gorny modkill this mod!

INFIDEL!:evil::devil::xxx::loving::mua:
He's next!:hang:

I rather like having kestegs around to clean up all the filts. =)

Leopold Stotch: [1]............(Valhauros)
Gwaihir: [10].......................(Sathoris, Goryani, Caluin Graye, Flubbucket, Gullik, Korial, kestegs, coju, Uraj, Asrrin)

Vote totals updated and on first page.

Gwaihir has been locked and will be lynched.

Since I refused to apologize for my restriction on RE, my last thoughts are this:

dah I elor gnitseretni
htiw laed ot deen ton lliw uoy eromyna snoitcirtser tsop
si htas saedi emos no gnorw
erus ton ma I si taht yhw
hsiw I kcul lla uoy
si siht kniht uoy naht redrah

Re: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Oh, I did have a question for you. What would you have done if I had post restricted you? I was tempted, but it didn't follow the pattern and I thought you had a real one. Would have been tough to try to talk as a senile old woman and have Yoda phrases.

I may have got out of character sooner to follow whatever post restriction I got, but that does not matter now.

So, the summary post I promised earlier is here. I think I included all important posts and claims. Since Gwaihir is locked for lynch, I don't see much reason to spend any more effort today. His flip and the actions tonight may give us additional insight anyway.

DAY LINKS

Day 1 - no deaths, unknown player and Caluin Graye attacked
Day 2 - Bad Ash killed, Sathoris knocked out
Day 3 - Ankeli killed by Jonas Cobb, Abby Sciuto attacked
Day 4 - Noammr killed
Day 5 - Laarz killed, Gwaihir attacked

ALIVE

RlyehExiled
Claimed Leon Vance, double voter (#1051).
Goryani
Caluin Graye
Feysal
Claimed Mrs Mallard, town survivor (#993).
Gwaihir
Claimed Trent Kort, neutral mason cop (#986). Partner with Noammr, who had separate investigation for finding mafia. Claimed win condition of finding the P2P killer, but Noammr's supposed ability does not add up. Claimed to have caused post restrictions, but his last claimed target appears not to be restricted (#1043).
kestegs
Sathoris
Claimed Tim McGee, watcher/tracker (#963). Knocked out and role blocked night 1, recruited into masonry night 2. Targeted Noammr night 0, boogyman19946 night 2, Gwaihir night 3. Targeted unknown night 4, learned nothing of importance (#1095).
Asrrin
PvtCaboose/Leopold Stotch
Malevolent
Valhauros
Flip10thMtn
Claimed Abby Sciuto (#702) and that there was a mafia role blocker (#660, #952).
coju
flubbucket
boogyman19946
korialstraz
Claimed knowledge that Drixx was town (#578).
Gullik
corax
Survived lynch attempt (#885), claimed it was one shot (#907). Caught Noodle (#924).
Uraj

DEAD

Bad Ash - killed night 1. Flavor indicates James Korby.
zemaj - lynched day 2. Merton Bell, mafia goon, anti-town.
Ankeli - killed night 2. Mike Franks, pro-town, killed by Jonas Cobb.
Drixx - modkilled day 3. Jimmy Palmer, vanilla townie/backup doctor, pro-town.
Noammr - killed night 3. Flavor indicates watcher role, killed by unknown sniper.
Noodle - lynched day 4. Clayton Jarvis, SecNav, anti-town.
Laarz - killed night 4. Flavor indicates Jonas Cobb, killed by unknown sniper.

Nice work Feysal! I applaud you taking your time and making this look so nice!

The crowd gathered and made ready to lynch Gwaihir. Down with the scum!, they shouted. A rope was fitted around his neck and he was lead onto the platform. The crowd shouted even more as Gwaihir was lynched, he convulsed and death took him in a final spasm.

As the crowd shouted in glee, one of them was quiet, Malevolent wasn't shouting at all. He looked down at himself with a worried, panicked frown. He backed off from the crowd somewhat sweating bullets. He had no time left. He reached underneath his coat and felt the small bomb attached to his chest. He had only seconds....if he could only find help. But no one paid him any attention.

The bomb strapped to Malevolent's chest went off at exactly 9PM, killing him instantly.

Gwaihir has been lynched, he was Trent Kort, CIA agent. Neutral.

Malevolent has been killed. He was Agent Lee. Anti town.

It is now [highlight]Nighttime[/highlight] if you have reason to contact me, do so asap.

No sounds were heard during the night, it was just too quiet. Everything seemed ok. Authorities were soon summoned to the local shipyard, where the body of one Caluin Graye was found under the water. He was wrapped in plastic from head to tow and then chained up and weighed down under a boat with a pair of 50 pound weights.

On examination, it is revealed that the body was moved from another location after being shot in the forehead then wrapped up and disposed of in the water. It was also noted that Caluin Graye had a small notepad with him and the words "Protect" and a name on it. The name was hastily scratched out and is unreadable.

Clearly he never made it to his intended assignment

It is now [highlight]Daytime[/highlight], and you may post freely for 48 hours.

Hmm.... at first reading I thought I was wrong about CG being town. After reading I see no inclination that he's not.
I'm guessing he's the doc.

And what's up with no information about who these people are!?! Arg!

As the crowd shouted in glee, one of them was quiet, Malevolent wasn't shouting at all. He looked down at himself with a worried, panicked frown. He backed off from the crowd somewhat sweating bullets. He had no time left. He reached underneath his coat and felt the small bomb attached to his chest. He had only seconds....if he could only find help. But no one paid him any attention.

The bomb strapped to Malevolent's chest went off at exactly 9PM, killing him instantly.

Malevolent has been killed. He was Agent Lee. Anti town.

This is.... very odd.

The generic mafia game version of a bomb at the end of the day usually deals with someone lynched or voting for someone lynched. Mal was neither lynched nor had a vote. The nighttime bomb .... happens at night.

There is an NCIS episode dealing with a bomb strapped to someone's chest, but that doesn't seem immediately relevant; the bomb was defused and the hostages were saved.

I don't think Agent Lee ever used a bomb.

This could be the result of a daytime kill. There was a night kill on N4, N5 and now N6. Unless the "mafia" can daytime kill and nighttime kill at the same time (you know what I mean) then it doesn't sound like it was a result of the mafia. Limited shot ability separate from and in addition to normal NK is possible.

Vigi or SK are also possible. SK doesn't sound right due to the Laarz/Cobb theory. A second SK with no apparent actions the rest of the game is implausible. A bomb that sets fire to the house Noammr was watching is posisble, but is reaching. A bomb doesn't exactly sound like the weapon of choice for a vigi.

I've already inquired about the possibility of Agent Lee as lovers with Jimmy Palmer (Drixx). Lovers who die two days later? :dontknow: This explanation seems the least weird. Of course, that means it's essentially guaranteed to not be correct.

What's left? Second mafia? If Cobb wasn't SK but part of a second mafia faction this daytime kill could have been made by the next one in line. The name/role/alignment reveal of Agent Lee fits with the name/role/alignment reveal of Cobb's known kills. It's possible that "mafia" is one faction while "anti-town" is the other faction, but that in itself is kinda weird. zemaj has been the only one listed as mafia but was also listed as anti-town.

Speaking of mafia vs. anti-town. Agent Lee (Malevolent) is the second person working for/with/alongside NCIS to be listed as anti-town. The first was SecNav Jarvis (Noodle). Sathoris admitted to being recruited into a pro-town cult/mason group. Who can be recruited into this mason group? Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be surprised if either SecNav Jarvis or Agent Lee could have been. That would be quite a Halloween episode based mafia game.

@ Sathoris - How sure are you that your cohorts are pro-town? Did Gorny mod confirm their pro-town status to you? The same questions are asked of the other masonic members.

This is.... very odd.

The generic mafia game version of a bomb at the end of the day usually deals with someone lynched or voting for someone lynched. Mal was neither lynched nor had a vote. The nighttime bomb .... happens at night.
This could be the result of a daytime kill.

Mafia that can Day Kill would seem way OP. And why wait until now to use this ability?

You mentioned another anti-town faction working in our midsts, and I've often wondered this. We get no info ab CG except he was attempting to Protect some target.
I've though during the night phase why corax is still living. I see nothing that shows him as town. His posting about "trust me, he's scum" (believe talking about noodle) can very well possibly be a "I'll throw you under the bus, we still win" type of play-action. Where as corax and noodle are on the same side and win if one of them are still alive.

There was a quote in the story by one character: "At least I lived longer than Bad Ash!" which I wonder about sometimes. This makes me think my wonders the paragraph above are true: that as long as one member of another faction live a certain amount of time, their team wins and town loses: as an anti-town is still alive.

I'm not trying to get around not killing mafia. By all means, if anyone has any information, please speak up. There are just so many variables in this game, you know?

On examination, it is revealed that the body was moved from another location after being shot in the forehead then wrapped up and disposed of in the water. It was also noted that Caluin Graye had a small notepad with him and the words "Protect" and a name on it. The name was hastily scratched out and is unreadable.

Clearly he never made it to his intended assignment

It is now [highlight]Daytime[/highlight], and you may post freely for 48 hours.

The method of corpse disposal doesn't seem to indicate a killer or victim. Many searches yield no results (50 pound, wrapped in plastic, head to toe, shipyard) while others yield things way off base (I learned one killer likes to eat the toes off victims. Yum!).

Shot in the forehead is the same signature used on Noammr and Laarz. It appears they were all killed by the same player. BA appears to have been killed by a different player.

I don't think I agree with the busdriver speculation. If a busdriver was involved, it appears they bussed a dead body. A busdriver is supposed to happen before the shot was fired, not after.

Both Noammr and Caluin Graye had notepads. Both had a name scratched out. The commonality seems important. The signaling seems important.

Noammr had multiple names while CG had what appears to be a single name. Are the scratched out names the same name? Did the killer scratch out the name? Did the killer scratch out his/her own name? If all answers are yes, then it almost sounds like the results of a PGO. However, the PGO theory doesn't account for the apparent lack of mafia kill on those nights. Alternate night kill method? Alternate night kill method which allows for a daykill attempt the next day?

The single name on CG's list compared to the multiple names on Noammr's list could indicate a couple of things. CG might have had an ability that targeted a single player the entire game or happened to target a single player all game while Noammr could/did target multiple players. Perhaps CG had a one shot use ability while Noammr had a multiple use ability.

Incidentally, this might give a stronger indication into Noammr than CG. Gwaihir claimed neutral mason with Noammr, claimed both were investigators and claimed Kort. None of this seems to be contradicted by what has appeared in the daytime/nighttime stories. There is evidence to suggest Gwaihir was telling the truth.

My thoughts on Malevolent are he was supposed to accomplish a task before a the end of yesterday or the bomb would blow up. As to what that was or WHO that was I have no clues of course.

...It was also noted that Caluin Graye had a small notepad with him and the words "Protect" and a name on it. The name was hastily scratched out and is unreadable.

Clearly he never made it to his intended assignment...

I'm more inclined to see Caluin Graye as a protector/bodyguard rather than a doctor. I also cannot find the body wrapped in plastic reference....yet.

That could work. But do you think he was targeted or that he died protecting someone. The story says he didn't make it to his target, which makes me think that he himself was targeted then.

I'll also agree that the busdriver idea doesn't quite fit. The body being moved is likely just flavor and not a busdriver.

Train of thought here - please pick it apart at will:

Trent Kort was know too use bombs (tried to kill DiNozzo)
Agent Lee was a mole in NCIS.

Could Kort have contracted/abducted Lee - the mole - to do something (possibly Kill DiNozzo) and it must be accomplished while Trent is still alive? He places the bomb on Lee and sets her loose but she fails to complete her task and with Korts death she goes too.

I don't think there would be a game mechanic that kills a player at a specific day and time; I beleive it would have to be triggered by a game event hence the Kort death triggers Lee's end.

Well Kort blew up a car not a person. Kinda makes Kort seem more sinister than neutral. However it does sound like a more plausible premise than what I postulated.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High