Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Re: Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Also:

We completed 24 hours without hearing from Sathoris, Noodle, Flip, Feysal, and Gullik. Quite a list I must say....

Hey, I've been stuck in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of physicists, and physicists in training, for the weekend. It was so uncivilized that we didn't even have internet, but we made up for it with beer, games, lectures and a sauna. German engineering ain't what it's made up to be.

I'll read through the thread properly and make some contributory posts before the day-phase ends, for now I need to get some work done.:coffee:

The reason I bring Feysal's name to the table is because he commented Bad Ash had "visited" him. If Feysal has a sort of bartender role (let's have tea with Mrs. Mallard), then I would have thought others would have stepped forward by now and commented they had visited with her. No one has to my knowledge.

Why would Feysal have made this comment after Bad Ash's death when he was unable to corroborate such a statement?? Using Mrs. Mallard as a cover would be most excellent don't you think?

Again I'm only bringing this up because I don't want to take anything as written in stone fact.

Do you know Feysal is town??

These may be answers to some questions, but not answers to my questions. So much for no hesitation. Want to try again?

I'll be generous and reply back:
I don't remember Feysal making a comment about visited or visiting. What post(s) were the comments made in? I consider myself lucky if I can figure out who Feysal is talking about (not every name he drops is as obvious as Mr. Dricks or Michael Larson).

Using Mrs. Mallard is an excellent cover indeed, hence my comment: "if that role is actually in the game."

I'll respond about Feysal being pro- anti- town after you do. I don't want to give you an easy answer.

I apologize for my inactivity. The ol' lady's parents are in town, and I didn't get a whole lot of free time over the weekend. I'll read through and bring myself up to speed.

Right, I thought about this for a while and I feel I have to come forward with this.

I am Tim McGee and I am a watcher/tracker. I am claiming because I know someone to be anti-town. N0 I tracked Noammr and saw that he visited Gwahir and did a background check on Rlyeh. I thought Noammr to be a town mason with Gwahir and perhaps a cop that checked up on Noammr. I wanted to let them know that I knew and they would know that I was town here.

N1 I got knocked out and appeared in the injured list. I was also roleblocked. N2 I tracked Boogey and he didn't go anywhere. That same night I was recruited into a mason group where I learned that we were the only masons in the game.

Anyone night talking that isn't a mason has to be anti-town. That night I tracked Gwahir and saw that he again contacted Noammr and Ryleh. What the flavour also said was that he made more calls in the night than a normal person should. My guess is they're some sort of cult that recruited Ryleh.

The body of Noammr was found on a roof across the street from a townhouse that had been set on fire during the night, he was killed by a single gunshot wound to the middle of the forehead. It is noted that on the roof beside Noammr was a small telescope that was pointed at the townhouse, a pair of binoculars and a note pad with a list of names on it and a few of them checked off and the rest of them having a question mark after them. Each name had an address, and the current address he was watching when he was shot was the one that was set on fire.

Reading this fits my theory of a cult recruiter. With Korial and now aparently Corax claiming a cop ability I really doubt there is a third. If anything the description fits a watcher more, but I have that role. It's also unnerving that the house he was watching was on fire. A tiny detail that also doesn't fit a cop role.

Now looks who quickly joins the thought that Noammr was a pro-town investigator:

I do find it highly likely that Noamar was an investigator.

Flubbs first brought up the fact, but he wasn't in contact with Gwahir and Noammr so he can't have known anything about Noammr.

So let's summarize:

- There is only one mason group in the game.
- Noammr, Gwahir and Ryleh were communicating every night. They can't be masons so they have to be an anti-town faction.
- Noammr looked up Ryleh on N0 so my bet is he recruited him into their cult.
- Flavour in my tracking result said that Gwahir was too active for a normal person that night.
- Gwahir's quick pounce on the Noammr was a pro-town investigator, setting up his mason claim for later.

I feel that me roleclaiming is worth it to out two anti-town players. If you guys want to lynch Noodle first I'm okay with that. As long as these two follow.

---

Can't say I would trust anyone who says "Trust me he is scum" without further proof. On the other hand I can't remember Noodle have much for worthwhile quote for the entire game. Actually never even questioned anyone as far as I can tell. So I would be willing to go with this, otherwise flubb would still be my top choice.

Why would scum lie like this to get one townie lynched and then himself. Scum wouldn't lie like that. Town would instantly out themselves to get one scum lynched.

And your post basically says you don't trust Corax with his information, but you're willing to trust him and go ahead with it. Sounds like scum keeping his options open.

Just to try the NCIS stuff:
I would like the scalpel found on day 1 next to CG (Caluin Graye) be dusted for prints. I'm of a mind the only prints found will be CG's aka - the P2P killer/Jonas Cobb (JC).

Seriously? That's what you're going with? Could you please try to do some real scum hunting this game with your super powers? Also, funny you come to this line of thought days after the fact. Where was this day 1 or day 2?

The MO of the P2P is a throat-slit which from behind should be quite easy.

I am inherently not easy to kill.

No reason for an escape - and found unconscience - why not DEAD? No story of a save? JC would have an easy kill.

Well, from your very next post...

Sergeant Kevin Jericho (Hawaii Victim, Attempted)

Michael Franks (Stabbed)

Erica Jane Barrett (attempted)

Simon Cade (attempted)

Trent Kort (attempted, took eyeball)

Jimmy Palmer (attempted)

Six out of his 13 attacks survived. For ease of conversation, let's call that a 50/50 success ratio. So, my question in return is... why do you expect me to be dead?

States in post 701 that Sath was attacked by Cobb (hence throwing off anyone on his trail). Sath was knocked out. NOT KILLED. Why wouldn't JC finish the job?

BZT. Wrong. I was clarifying Leo's question, and I never said Sath was attacked by P2P. I do, however, suspect it, but I have no evidence. Context is important here - read Leo's original question and then get back to me.

CG brought up the death miller possibility - more town confusion which is good for a SK.

BZT. Wrong, twice. Drixxt and Korial brought up the Death Miller possibility. I was the one trying to tell everyone to stop fussing over it.

Your case is bad. Go look elsewhere and try to be useful.

I apologize for my inactivity. The ol' lady's parents are in town, and I didn't get a whole lot of free time over the weekend. I'll read through and bring myself up to speed.

Can't we just leave them both be? There are many others we could look at, and if we watch and wait, the felons may have to take matters in their own hands and reveal if they told the truth. I sure hope it does not come to that, my youngest corgy took such a liking to Mr Stewart. I would hate to see them parted so soon, the poor dear has so few chances to meet new people. The nice man who was here yesterday seems to have left too, such a pity. I never caught his name, everyone just kept saying how badass he was.

Here it is.

These may be answers to some questions, but not answers to my questions. So much for no hesitation. Want to try again?

I'll be generous and reply back:
I don't remember Feysal making a comment about visited or visiting. What post(s) were the comments made in? I consider myself lucky if I can figure out who Feysal is talking about (not every name he drops is as obvious as Mr. Dricks or Michael Larson).

Using Mrs. Mallard is an excellent cover indeed, hence my comment: "if that role is actually in the game."

I'll respond about Feysal being pro- anti- town after you do. I don't want to give you an easy answer.

I don't care about your response..............You're lazy

Well well... Since Sath dropped a bombshell I don't have too make too hard decisions today.

I assume the "only masons" is mod confirmedish?
Anyone night talking that isn't a mason has to be anti-town. That night I tracked Gwahir and saw that he again contacted Noammr and Ryleh. What the flavour also said was that he made more calls in the night than a normal person should. My guess is they're some sort of cult that recruited Ryleh.
The call thing could be either communicating with someone or giving orders. Like for example a cop ordering a deputy.

From what you presented I could only be reasonably sure that gwahir talked to someone (and that should indicate anti-town), I'm not that sure of the cult thing.

I'm surprised corax is getting a pass just because a lynch on him failed. Especially considering Caluin was stabbed, and corax has been proven to have a knife. How is that being overlooked?

Well well... Since Sath dropped a bombshell I don't have too make too hard decisions today.

I assume the "only masons" is mod confirmedish?
The call thing could be either communicating with someone or giving orders. Like for example a cop ordering a deputy.

From what you presented I could only be reasonably sure that gwahir talked to someone (and that should indicate anti-town), I'm not that sure of the cult thing.

On N0 Noammr made three outgoing calls to Gwahir and received four incoming calls. On N3 it said that there were multiple calls made and received from several different phone numbers. Suggesting that there are perhaps others aswell that I don't know.

And yes, it was mod confirmed that we were the only mason group.

Cult or not doesn't matter. Anti-town is all that matters.

On N0 Noammr made three outgoing calls to Gwahir and received four incoming calls. On N3 it said that there were multiple calls made and received from several different phone numbers. Suggesting that there are perhaps others aswell that I don't know.

And yes, it was mod confirmed that we were the only mason group.

Cult or not doesn't matter. Anti-town is all that matters.
Follow the "cop" is generally the smartest strategy as far as I know.

vote: Gwahir

Wouldn't it be better to lynch Noammr if he's the one recruiting?

I am Tim McGee and I am a watcher/tracker. I am claiming because I know someone to be anti-town. N0 I tracked Noammr and saw that he visited Gwahir and did a background check on Rlyeh. I thought Noammr to be a town mason with Gwahir and perhaps a cop that checked up on Noammr. I wanted to let them know that I knew and they would know that I was town here.

How does this work again? You target Noammr and the tracker sees Noammr targeting Rlyeh correct? How do you know Noammr was performing a background check? You target Noammr and the watcher sees Gwaihir target Noammr correct? How can you assume Gwaihir and Noammr were mason partners?

That same night I was recruited into a mason group where I learned that we were the only masons in the game.

If you learned you were the only masons in the game, why did you think Noammr and Gwaihir were masons together?

Let me guess, you are going to say flubbucket is a mason partner. You two are definitely connected and flubbucket is definitely connected to several others as well.

How can a watcher/tracker tell who night talks? Furthermore, you just said you were recruited into a mason group and you accuse others of a recruiting cult? Hypocrisy much?

Reading this fits my theory of a cult recruiter. With Korial and now aparently Corax claiming a cop ability I really doubt there is a third. If anything the description fits a watcher more, but I have that role. It's also unnerving that the house he was watching was on fire. A tiny detail that also doesn't fit a cop role.

korial hasn't claimed a cop ability. At least not in day talk.

Now looks who quickly joins the thought that Noammr was a pro-town investigator:

That Noammr was an investigator is an easy guess from the kill story alone. Look at the list of names. Some names were checked. One name was the "current address." Other names were neither checked nor the "current address" but still had addresses of their own. Each name Noammr had checked received the same outcome since they were all checked (no combination of check, X's out, circled, etc).

My best guess: Noammr was an investigator, investigated more than one person, and received the same outcome for each one. Who those names are I don't know, but perhaps you should ask the one who told you about Noammr and Gwaihir night talking together.

Flubbs first brought up the fact, but he wasn't in contact with Gwahir and Noammr so he can't have known anything about Noammr.

See, connections.

So let's summarize:

- There is only one mason group in the game.
- Noammr, Gwahir and Ryleh were communicating every night. They can't be masons so they have to be an anti-town faction.
- Noammr looked up Ryleh on N0 so my bet is he recruited him into their cult.
- Flavour in my tracking result said that Gwahir was too active for a normal person that night.
- Gwahir's quick pounce on the Noammr was a pro-town investigator, setting up his mason claim for later.

I feel that me roleclaiming is worth it to out two anti-town players. If you guys want to lynch Noodle first I'm okay with that. As long as these two follow.

I'm sorry, but you're claiming far too much knowledge that should be be available to the role you just claimed. You can only obtain that much knowledge from the "mason group." There seems far too much knowledge for a "recruiting mason group" to have obtained unless it started with several power roles and/or recruited several power roles along the way. The probability of such an occurrence doesn't give much credence. Furthermore, the game balance issues alone should make what you say has happened impossible. I smell a panic induced elaborate charade. Who wants to bet Tim McGee is the ID of one of the deceased?

Here it is.

I don't care about your response..............You're lazy

Feysal makes a comment about the recent night killed seeming pro-town and you interpret that as a bartender?

Noodle's "Especially considering Caluin was stabbed, and corax has been proven to have a knife. How is that being overlooked?":
I'm not a fan of NCIS, but it took me 7 seconds to find this list, regarding the story about Corax's lynch (specifically, the part about rule number nine, which belongs to the team leader Gibbs): Gibbs' Rules. Taking that into consideration, I will assume Corax is aligned with the town.

Sathoris's "Noammr, Gwahir and Ryleh were communicating every night. They can't be masons so they have to be an anti-town faction":
If Noammr was killed while watching someone, and if that someone had his house burned, then, How many anti-town factions are there? Noammr's team wouldn't kill him, so that means, if they're anti-town, that there are two Mafia teams and also a SK. Anyway, for the time being, I'm switching to Noodle...

Unvote: Flubbucket ~ Vote: Noodle

In other matters, I firmly believe Feysal has a permanent post restriction which forces him to write in a particular way. Considering he has been identified as a friendly character, we should assume for now he is pro-town, and focus on other players, specially those who seem to be purposely trying to lay low.

Updated Lynch Vote Tally (11 to Lynch, 12 to Lock):

(1) Gwahir: Gullik.
(3) Flubbucket: Goryani, Rlyeh, Malevolent,
(5) Noodle: Asrrin, Boogyman, Corax, Uraj, Valhauros.

I struggle to understand a lynch vote on me, or anyone else besides those identified as anti-town by Sathoris. Just doesn't make sense for townies to behave that way.

Vote: Gullik

Either you're deliberately stupid or you're a glaring partner of Noammr's/Gwahir

How does this work again? You target Noammr and the tracker sees Noammr targeting Rlyeh correct? How do you know Noammr was performing a background check? You target Noammr and the watcher sees Gwaihir target Noammr correct? How can you assume Gwaihir and Noammr were mason partners?

I can track and watch. I targeted Noammr with my tracking ability. I saw that Noammr had outgoing and incoming talks (i.e. nighttalking) from Gwahir. It also said that Noammr did a background check on Noammr.

Any group that can talk during the night is either mafia/cult (anti-town) or mason (pro-town)

If you learned you were the only masons in the game, why did you think Noammr and Gwaihir were masons together?

Read my post again and watch the timeline. I assumed they were mason partners because I thought Noammr was a cop doing a background check. Now I know they can't be masons. Therefor they must be an anti-town night talking faction.

Let me guess, you are going to say flubbucket is a mason partner. You two are definitely connected and flubbucket is definitely connected to several others as well.

|
|
V

I have no idea why you're trying to paint some sort of thing between us flubb.

I will just ignore you.

How can a watcher/tracker tell who night talks? Furthermore, you just said you were recruited into a mason group and you accuse others of a recruiting cult? Hypocrisy much?

Hypocrisy? Oh yeah what a douche I am for outing all this valuable information about a watcher/tracker and a mason group. How hippocritical of me to do so to out an anti-town faction. Goddamnit..

korial hasn't claimed a cop ability. At least not in day talk.

We all know what his role involves, don't act stupid.

That Noammr was an investigator is an easy guess from the kill story alone. Look at the list of names. Some names were checked. One name was the "current address." Other names were neither checked nor the "current address" but still had addresses of their own. Each name Noammr had checked received the same outcome since they were all checked (no combination of check, X's out, circled, etc).

Same can be said for a cult recruiter. Even more so. Not everyone can be recruited, whereas everyone can be cop checked. It's only logical for him as cult recruiter to check out viable targets. However the story line isn't passable for any evidence or defence.

My best guess: Noammr was an investigator, investigated more than one person, and received the same outcome for each one. Who those names are I don't know, but perhaps you should ask the one who told you about Noammr and Gwaihir night talking together.

Then why does Noammr again contact Ryleh on N3? And why does Gwahir contact Ryleh? If he was a cop and he checked out Ryleh N0 he wouldn't do so again. He couldn't have invited him to his mason group because there is no other mason group. Mod confirmed.

I'm sorry, but you're claiming far too much knowledge that should be be available to the role you just claimed. You can only obtain that much knowledge from the "mason group." There seems far too much knowledge for a "recruiting mason group" to have obtained unless it started with several power roles and/or recruited several power roles along the way. The probability of such an occurrence doesn't give much credence. Furthermore, the game balance issues alone should make what you say has happened impossible. I smell a panic induced elaborate charade. Who wants to bet Tim McGee is the ID of one of the deceased?

How do you not get what I told you. I gathered all this information just by tracking/watching Noammr and Gwahir. All the flavour I received was part of my ability. I learned of the only mason group from the mod. What other source of information do think there must be? THERE CAN'T BE ANOTHER MASON GROUP SO THEY HAVE TO BE ANTI-TOWN.

Just get it...

I struggle to understand a lynch vote on me, or anyone else besides those identified as anti-town by Sathoris. Just doesn't make sense for townies to behave that way.

Vote: Gullik

Because you got a guilty result from Corax, that's why. And you just say you can only understand a lynch of the people I identified, but you vote the person who votes for the people I name?

Voting any of the 3 scum will do, but since Noodle has the most votes already and we're nearing the deadline I'll vote him.

Vote: Noodle

Blast it. I m.eant Gwahir. I'm rushing through playing catch up, and evidently misread.

Unvote: Gullik
Vote: Gwahir

Because you got a guilty result from Corax, that's why. And you just say you can only understand a lynch of the people I identified, but you vote the person who votes for the people I name?

So we have 3 guilty "results"...

Sweet.

unvote: Gwaihir
vote: Noodle

Bigger wagon is bigger.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High