Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Re: Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

I was mainly after those people who pushing on Noodle due to his 'lurking' (*coughASRRINandCORAX*cough*). I find that line of reasoning to be extremely scummy, mainly because Laarz has a lower post count. The gap widens slightly more when you remove any 'fluff' posts (those with no real content - noodle has two, Laarz three).

Yes, it's true that Laarz was absent Day 1, but even with a few posts (three is about his average?) that only puts him in the ballpark of being even with Noodle.

So... my point was; if we're forming a lynch on Noodle because he's a lurker, then why has nobody mentioned Laarz yet, who's lurking harder than Noodle?

That's why I find corax scummy right now. He sees an easy lynch forming on Noodle and isn't doing any real scum hunting of his own.

Asrrin I find scummy for a slightly different reason, but I wanted to hear his reasoning behind his Noodle vote before I mentioned it. Since I'm already divulging, might as well say it now.

This little bit of hypocriticism I find interesting.

I'll be completely honest and say that I am having a great difficulty in keeping this game sorted out. Between the fact that I know nothing about NCIS, we had 26 people on game start, and 90+ pages in thee day cycles I am just trying to keep up. When I questioned Corax's lynch I thought that there would be better targets available that day and that lynching a lurker might not have been the optimal thing to do that day. Today I'm even more confused than yesterday, and I have changed my opinion and think starting on the lurkers is a good idea.

I also commend Laarz's lurking skills, as his name didn't even come to my mind when thinking about lurkers, which is the exact thing they usually want to accomplish. I would be equally willing to vote laarz as noodle, but as others have said, there is something not quite right with noodle's posts as there normally is, and it should be followed up on.

Of course, since I've made my vote I also am starting to see other players act scummily. Mal is definitely pinging my radar, and what I thought was an auto town confirm on corax seems to be slipping in light of his posts.

So there are a lot of potential lynch targets I see today.

I just did a search and found that old game. I had a different restriction everyday. What made it fun was I made them up myself, they weren't from Gorny at all. Had a great time with it.

Ah yes. That was it. Still no comment regarding Feysal?

okay, guys. i am almost thru catching up. i am beyond exhausted and i can't read anymore. will do some more tomorrow. here are my thoughts for now:

YAY !

now we can get onto lynching mafia instead of talking about drixx!

i know this is an event that has passed (and i won't bring it up again until endgame so hope you're reading, Drixxy. ;) not mad, but i'll say what i have to say at the end of the game. :)) but the fact that you are bouncing on the walls about this is... kinda weird. i understand where you are coming from, but if you're town, you shouldn't be happy about that.

This is the funniest thing I've seen all month. Did NOT see that one coming!

"Looks like he was" *puts on glasses* "Dying to heard."

*Yyeaaahhhhhhhhh*

I had to do it.

lol, excellent. ^_^

Well, now I have to find my notes on who is the next scummiest. A few people seem to the the :jig:ster is. I can see from all the votes/unvotes, other than that he hasn't seemed to put much into the game. Next would be corax.

Vote: corax

Lurker lurking lurked himself into a vote.

successful lurker is successful? lol!

I am happy about Drixx's death because we the town would have lynched him in the next few days anyway, he saved us a wated day lynching him.

how is this good? yes, lynch gives us info, but right now this sounds very anti-town to me.

Hello everyone! What a wonderful day it is today, after we did away with that nasty Mr Jemage, or whatever his name was. Should not be surprised that he was no good really, what with the name he was using. Why anyone would want to be known by such a French name is beyond me. Come to think of it, Mr Sant-Maurice is still here, we could ask him.

I'm sorry about being so silent lately, and I have several pages to read before I'm caught up with recent discussion. I also regret I can't do that reading right now, since tonight I must attend a chamber music concert. I will catch up properly within a few hours time.

Oh, and hello Miss Leo. Would you show us your underwear? You can always tell a woman's intentions by her choice in undergarments you know.

first of all.... Feyfey. Hey. ;D how's it going, sweetheart? Now you know a lady does not go about the town flashing her lacy panties unless she's a streetwalker. And I am no streetwalker. So with that said, I will gladly show you my chonies in private. ^_^

in all seriousness.... Feysal, that is the weirdest and most uncharacteristic thing you have ever said to me. XD am i missing something or is Feyfey acting.... odd and no one filled me in on it? o_O

Anyone else find it odd that Feysal's post restriction is the only one that has persisted beyond a day?

no and i was wodering about that myself. (if my seplling is off, forgive me. flat keyboard and i am exhausted)

We don't need Korial to roleclaim, nor do we need any further info from him unless he deems it useful. Let's leave it at that, shall we?

We're late in the day with no clear lynch options.
Time for some questions:

@Asrrin & Malevolent - top three choices for todays lynch in your eyes?
@kestegs - what's your read on Malevolent?
@Noodle - who's looking town to you right now?
@Leo - why sooooo serioussssssss? (also, welcome to the game, glad you could join :wave:)

Preview edit:
@CG - Feyfey's restriction is the only one tied to his role, the others seem to have been caused by someone else as a night action. In short, I really don't see what we can learn from this.

Noammr, I know you are dead (RIP, BUDDY!! :weep: :tombstone: :hanky:) but i will answer your questions and hope you can see the answers whereever yur ghost is haunting around.

Serious? i think im doing the usual thing. :D

and you didn't ask me this, but i'll answer anyways:

Mal is looking suspicious to me with his posts. It is his normal style and i think it is his first game, but it just screams mafia to me and remionds me f a time when i was new to these gams and when i was new to mafia team. and the fact that he was happy that Drixx was gone? does that not strike anyone else as weird?

Aside from Mal, Noodle is playing as usual, but there has been so much activity going on that i find it hard that you don't have much to say. Come on, Nodle-boy! I know you have a lot more going on in that noggin! but i also haven't rea everything entirely and don't plan to until tomorrow... so you may have contributed more since page 88 or 89.

Voting for yourself is NEVER a good option, it just makes you look stupid and if you ARE townie like you claim, then why wouild lynching you be a good idea? Sounds like scum to me!

Unvote: Sath
Vote: Flub

here's Mal kinda going along with other people's ideas...

NCIS_CUV.jpg

Uraj, you unvoted for... someone, i can't remmeber what this pic was, but you quoted to vote for Flubb (was it Flubb)? how and why did you do that?

Now you speak for yourself! An investigation by another player should be more than enough reason to drop or suspend suspicion on someone. Particularly since we are still so early in game. If the nice Mr Dricks had been up to no good with Mr Choral-Stewart, don't you think we'd have found out soon enough?

who in the hell is Choral-Stewart?

I'm not sure what to make of the townhouse set on fire. It could designate an apparently unsuccessful arson kill attempt, which would account for the second kill attempt. Arson sounds closer to Criminal Minds than NCIS, but I'm sure there is an arsonist somewhere in all the episodes. Not much else to work with there.

there may be an arsonist type role in here. i know there is one on mafia wiki as a vigi-type role or whatever.

Because Drixx didn't start acting scummy until after I had made this quote, and if you notice I tried to get BOTH of them lynched once I realized how scummy they were both acting.

I stand by my votes on Drixx. I thought he was completely scum right up until he suicided and I thought Kol's defense on him was based on either being a scum buddy or having a flawed investigation. Notice how I've not pushed for a Kol lynch now because of his flip. I realized that Drixx was simply monopolizing the game and not part of some scum conspiracy.

As for today I want to try lynching another lurker. Luckily for us Corax was lynch immune, and from the story is pro-town. So the chances that our other lurkers are mafia is just that much greater.

Vote: Noodle

you know, the day before or yesterday you referred to Korial as "Kal" and i thought you meant CG but no. you were clearly talking about Korial. Today you call him Kol. why?

* ^ to the previous post ^*

Uraj, you unvoted for coju but quoted someone else voting for Asrrin (i thiink it was Asrrin and i think it was CG you quoted) but in the next pic you unvoted Asrrin and voted corax in the same picture. why?

Ah yes. That was it. Still no comment regarding Feysal?

Okay I went through all my posts but stopped short of the day one crap...too tired for that now. I'm not sure what you're trying to get from me but I'm certainly missing it.

I brought up Feysal earlier as a point of let's not assume anything and used Caluin Graye's day one hospitalization as an example....remember? Your underlining my post restrictions from another game is really quite the reach. I believe it has been firmly established there is a post restriction passing from person to person.

If you have some questions of me, ask them clearly and I will answer without hesitation.

Also:

We completed 24 hours without hearing from Sathoris, Noodle, Flip, Feysal, and Gullik. Quite a list I must say....

Because Drixx didn't start acting scummy until after I had made this quote, and if you notice I tried to get BOTH of them lynched once I realized how scummy they were both acting.

I stand by my votes on Drixx. I thought he was completely scum right up until he suicided and I thought Kol's defense on him was based on either being a scum buddy or having a flawed investigation. Notice how I've not pushed for a Kol lynch now because of his flip. I realized that Drixx was simply monopolizing the game and not part of some scum conspiracy.

As for today I want to try lynching another lurker. Luckily for us Corax was lynch immune, and from the story is pro-town. So the chances that our other lurkers are mafia is just that much greater.

Apart from saying that zemaj is scum it seemed the majority of your effort was based on trying to lynch Drixx. Only when zemaj was at twelve votes did you switch. It really looks like you only called zemaj scum so you could switch to him down the line if he still had heat on him.

Strange, I get the exact opposite impression of corax. Admittedly I'm basing my opinion off of past experiences and know absolutely nothing about the setting, so is your opinion based on the closing day story?

Yes, it is precisely based on that story. You don't need to be familiar with NCIS to do a little searching. Though having a lore background does help some.

Malevolent I still see as suspicious but less so from a mafia angle.

vote: zemaj

time to go.

I would have preferred to lynch drixx, but that won't happen today, lynching zemaj will give us vital information.

I don't see him making this post if he was mafia with zemaj. Though he's a possibility for Cobb.

* ^ to the previous post ^*

Uraj, you unvoted for coju but quoted someone else voting for Asrrin (i thiink it was Asrrin and i think it was CG you quoted) but in the next pic you unvoted Asrrin and voted corax in the same picture. why?

I thought Caluin Graye had never unvoted coju and thus would need to first unvote coju before he could vote flub. It turns out I just missed Cal's unvote. The next was a vote from me since I was obviously voting Asrrin at the time and wanted to vote for corax.

*in addition to above*

would that vote have still counted had you left it on Asrrin?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I can only guess it was confusion from the coju unvote. Yes, my previous Asrrin vote had counted.

Not much interest from others in Asrrin and boogy/corax claim to have info that implicates Noodle. If I had a more town read on Noodle, I might like to hear more. But as it is, I'm content to trust them based on the story.

Unvote: Asrrin

LEO! Thank you! You quoted Uraj's posts with the NCIS pictures! I had no idea what pictures everyone was talking about because I has somehow missed them. I do remember his quotes, but never saw the pictures for some reason! I'm going to say with that knowledge, that all the pieces have fell into place. (hhaaahaaa)

I was mainly after those people who pushing on Noodle due to his 'lurking' (*coughASRRINandCORAX*cough*). .

Lurkers hurt the town, and I'm all for lynching anyone hurting the town. I still got my good eye on you, flubby.

Unvote: flubbucket

Vote: corax

This little bit of hypocriticism I find interesting.

:whistling: care to explain your overnight backflip?

:whistling: care to explain your overnight backflip?

Sure.

I'm the one calling out all the lurkers. You're the one focusing on someone who's already got a case built on him.

Okay I went through all my posts but stopped short of the day one crap...too tired for that now. I'm not sure what you're trying to get from me but I'm certainly missing it.

I brought up Feysal earlier as a point of let's not assume anything and used Caluin Graye's day one hospitalization as an example....remember? Your underlining my post restrictions from another game is really quite the reach. I believe it has been firmly established there is a post restriction passing from person to person.

If you have some questions of me, ask them clearly and I will answer without hesitation.

Do you think Feysal is faking his post restriction? If so, do you think him pro-town or anti-town for doing so? If not, what role do you think he has?

As far as believing Flip, I presume the role blocker to be a rogue element not mafia. I could be wrong. Of course it’s anti-town, my guess is it’s not mafia but one of those “fun†variables Gorny puts into the game. I’m still withholding my judgment on boogyman only because I don’t want to assume anything.

The NCIS Spy IS a Mafia Role Blocker and as I said I know his role name. For those of you that have figured out who I am (as most should have by now) you should have a number 1 suspect - of course it's role name only.

I hate to say that I'm about as confused as some of you others seem to be but I do think that Corax is probable town. In that light I also give a town nod to Boogy. I'll give Korial a town nod too with the vouch for Drixx. With the way Fey is posting I doubt he's anti - but could be neutral or some other silly role from the mind of our Mod but I think he's probably town aligned more than not? (if that makes scense).

What I see of today's votes -
Asrrin seems to be playing his normal agressive self and been called scum for it. I personaly wouldn't prefer a lynch on him (today) and the vote seems to be drifting away.

Flub is getting flak for self voting (for the most part) - I agree not the brightest move but at the time it kinda was a "move your butts" call. I know there's more but nothing too solid.

Noodle has also come up on the radar and so far I would place my vote on this train. More too see what "shakes out" -

Appologies - been reading more than posting; I'm not the best scum-hunter and there's been a ton too keep up with.

My above post is in answer to Flubs post 946

See how fun it is to keep up LOL

Do you think Feysal is faking his post restriction? If so, do you think him pro-town or anti-town for doing so? If not, what role do you think he has?

The reason I bring Feysal's name to the table is because he commented Bad Ash had "visited" him. If Feysal has a sort of bartender role (let's have tea with Mrs. Mallard), then I would have thought others would have stepped forward by now and commented they had visited with her. No one has to my knowledge.

Why would Feysal have made this comment after Bad Ash's death when he was unable to corroborate such a statement?? Using Mrs. Mallard as a cover would be most excellent don't you think?

Again I'm only bringing this up because I don't want to take anything as written in stone fact.

Do you know Feysal is town??

Just to try the NCIS stuff:
I would like the scalpel found on day 1 next to CG (Caluin Graye) be dusted for prints. I'm of a mind the only prints found will be CG's aka - the P2P killer/Jonas Cobb (JC).

I think CG put himself into the hospital with self-inflicted wounds to throw NCIS off his trail; he IS a devious serial killer after all. The story says "attacked from behind" but the wounds are too the chest and arms. The MO of the P2P is a throat-slit which from behind should be quite easy. No reason for an escape - and found unconscience - why not DEAD? No story of a save? JC would have an easy kill.

States in post 701 that Sath was attacked by Cobb (hence throwing off anyone on his trail). Sath was knocked out. NOT KILLED. Why wouldn't JC finish the job?

CG brought up the death miller possibility - more town confusion which is good for a SK.

JC's MO:

Retired Navy Captain Nathan Finney (Throat Slit)

Captain Douglas Johnson (Rota Victim, Throat Slit)

Seamen Apprentice Steven Bennett (Japan Victim, Throat Slit)

Rear Admiral Arthur Reed (Guam Victim, Throat Slit)

Seaman Derek Balfour (Norfolk Victim, Throat Slit)

Sergeant Kevin Jericho (Hawaii Victim, Attempted)

Earl Stark (Throat Slit)

Michael Franks (Stabbed)

Gayne Levin (Shot in Neck)

Erica Jane Barrett (attempted)

Simon Cade (attempted)

Trent Kort (attempted, took eyeball)

Jimmy Palmer (attempted)

Only 1 gun in all that - I expect the gunshot on the first night was Mafia.

Well can I just say I'm impressed with your "try" of the NCIS stuff :thumbup:

i to am impressed. do you have any details on the 'attempted' kills of mr cobb. especially anything to match saths injuries?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High