Wheel of Misfortune Mafia Game

Re: Wheel of Misfortune Mafia Game

Loz I didn't intend my message to be as strong as I think you took it.

I like you asking questions.

My bigger point was a general one, I should have left specifics out.

I agree with TC...more talk affords the opportunity for some useful info and the possibility of a screw-up.

ive ruled that im letting the day continue until tomorrow 5pm-ish. Dont want to stress people out with a short night as it is.

continue on.

hey, guys. im sorry i haven't been on here much today. had other things i was doing.

Three: Leo...cute pic sorry OT

hehe, thanks. :)

I don't think he did . I think he just radom voted to get a reaction,to try to get a read on people.
Why do you think he did it? Just ankeli being ankeli maybe. For all his talk he didn't kill me ,you or Loz, like he threatened to do so what does that tell you?

that actually sits well with me (the throwing a random vote to get a read on others). he did it with me when i was mafia a couple or three games ago and it worked pretty well.

and you're right. he didn't kill us. he killed Noodle who was mafia. do you think he was the cop, investigated Noodle the night before he was killed and waited to seize the right moment?

That was easily the most excruciating re-read of a mafia thread I have ever undertaken.

It was like reading a recording from a tape recorder placed at the water cooler in the workplace.

I would like to propose a complete cessation of OT stuff.

sorry, Zarni. :(

7. For the record I've played very differently in this game for two reasons. There's very little to work with and I've been very busy in my job search (any word mara?).

he took the last two days off to take care of me. he's going back tomorrow and he says he will look into it.

I am going to have to agree with the part about the wheel. As much as i see this as an interesting thing, it ruins the concept of a mafia game, no offense to Bad Ash, i know you have put a lot of work in this but simply it is not the same. But maybe it will turn out well in the end.

not really. we know there is a wheel, we know there is a high chance of us dying, but there is always that 5% of the lynch failing. i think BA was going for unexpected and diff (something which has worked so far). and, like a mafia game, nothing EVER goes expected as planned (something of which you and i will remember back in your Andromeda game) (gawd, i was so pissed that game! lol!). same thing can be applied here. :)

i forgot who said it, but someone was like, "Let's start role-claiming." yeah, let's start role-claiming so you and your brothers can pick us off! :p

i already role-claimed. Nuff said.

and Boogy, i still less-than-three you. if i could've stuck it on your wall, i would have, but you have disabled it so i had to do it in public. sadly. XD

Man what a bummer - the I-net Nazi's at work have blocked my loop-hole and my access to DII is now denied (again). I will have access in the evenings only and with the time diff (I'm US/Mountain) last hour(s) voting will be difficult. With Laarz's move and no vote today I'm OK plus with the weekend coming up it shouldn't be a prob; that's if I survive this next spin & night.

Flip seems pretty careful in a couple posts. Almost apologetic to a fault early on. But, he's a new player with this crowd so I'm drawing very little from that.
You are correct Zarni - With me as the new-comer and you folks having played multiple games together I have to play off your experiances with each other. As most have said there's not much else to go on this game so far and I don't believe that me throwing out wild accusations will help anyone.

Boogy's and my little snit to me personaly is just a distraction. He started it; I'll end it.

(In my best Kirk impression) "Must..... resist.... egg'n...... him.... on!!!!!! :D

carry on.

(this was a trivia question but lack of interest made me pull it with me going to sleep)

gotta be on your toes people

Last edited:

carry on.

(this was a trivia question but lack of interest made me pull it with me going to sleep)

gotta be on your toes people

In fairness it was posted 5:45 am my time

4. Laarz, I still disagree with your decision. You've removed much of the impetus from today's discussion and your odds of getting a mafia are zero better than any of us (that happen to be town). In fact, if you do get to kill someone, it's very likely to be a townie. Your PERSONAL odds are better IF YOU WERE LYNCHED TODAY but that's just self-preservation talking. Your odds of death are now actually MUCH HIGHER than they were before you made your decision. I'm tired, I'll think about this.

Zarni, take a look at Gorny's lynch wheel,how much of a chance did he have, that wheel is what I think most lynch wheels look like. That said,I didn't know what my wheel looked like until I uttered the phrase, I only knew that the odds were supposed to be dramatically better. I guess I could have waited longer but I thought it would be selfish to wait to the end of the game and not be able to use whatever it was.

I'm sorry Laarz, but that's not correct.

You now have a much greater chance of dying today than you did before you chose to spin. It only made sense to do that if it looked like a lynch on you was unavoidable.

Zarni - no worries. I thought your post was somewhat spirited, but not malicious.

Whilst I agree with Zarni's point that Laarz may have waited before choosing to spin his own wheel, I am personally finding this round of mafia to be a little tricky to play. I won't be surprised to see even experienced players make what would with hindsight be a wrong move.

This is in no way a criticism of Bad Ash's game, it is certainly different from other games I've seen and a new challenge.

I didn't re-read the thread when I said I would, earlier, I will try to do so now.

I guess I’ve thought too long about this. I understand Laarz’ spinning and don’t know that I would have necessarily waited, but hindsight being 20/20 blah blah…
However, I do see Loz & BoD voting to end the day, TC and myself voting to NOT. Zarni howling at the lack of content, yet offering little else but the “reasons†of being currently busy seeking gainful employment (how conveniently noble).

My intention isn’t to be nasty, but the quiet is giving the mafia quite the hiding place. I must admit I’ve enjoyed the different game show style. But the intent of keeping the day open was to elicit communication. All I see is a room full of scum or paranoid kittens!!!

I'm sorry Laarz, but that's not correct.

You now have a much greater chance of dying today than you did before you chose to spin. It only made sense to do that if it looked like a lynch on you was unavoidable.

That may be the case,but what i understood from BadAsh is that I couldn't avoid a lynch by the players by claiming my wheel.

A couple of questions for everybody.

1. Do you think other mafia, besides Noodle, voted for the Ankeli lynch?

2.Do you think I should kill someone if that chance comes up on my Wheel?

Oh, so the game didn't end yesterday, it ends today some time. Alrighty.

I have to agree, this game is somewhat more difficult because of the lack of control from the town. In previous games, a lynch was a lynch, but in this game the lynched player not only doesn't have to die, he has a chance to choose someone else to die! This means that our faith is more likely to be decided by luck rather than logic of any sort. From the last couple of kills (Mara, Ankeli) I am assuming that the mafia does not have to spin the wheel (unless they were really lucky). This is a great advantage over the town.

We had a snow day today so maybe I can post more today :) Yay!

I think you should Laarz, we just have to figure out who it should be. Thats another reason why i thought the day should last longer, we need to figure out who dies in the event that you land on that option.

In answer to Laarz:

1. Chances are that they did but haven't quite realized what was going to happen. Classic mafia move is to jump the bandwagon to not look suspicious. They NK'ed Ankeli that same day when they found it he has complete control over the wheel.

2. I believe your wheel said that you must kill someone else (I guess if you don't choose, Bad Ash will).

Well, I've re-read the thread.

One weird thing presented itself, but could simply be a case of coincidence. If it happens again (for a third time) I will raise it, but not now. It may be misinterpreted as being antagonistic to bring it up and it is not worth the risk to me, especially if there is nothing in it. Sorry if this seems to be a case of "I've got a secret", but it isn't a secret, it's there for all to read. And I cannot figure out how it relates to the game or helps the town, if there is something to it after all. The first half of what I'm referring to happened shortly after BoD got the first quiz question correct, and appears entirely unremarkable at that point, but subsequent events make me wonder. I'll say no more than that.

Nothing else I've read even comes close to looking significant, to me. I cannot point to anyone as yet and say I think they may be mafia, or town for that matter. You all look suspicious to me. I hope some info leaks out of the forthcoming wheelspin.

Point it out Loz, since the day is almost over and he have no candidate for Laarz to kill in the event that he gets that option.

Scenario 1 - it's pure coincidence and raising it will needlessly aggravate some people
Scenario 2 - it's a game quirk dreamt up by Bad Ash, something akin to a posting restriction or posting mannerism but which has no material effect on the game - and raising it will needlessly aggravate some people
Scenario 3 - it's somehow crucial to figuring out what is going on in the game and raising it will aggravate some people.

Not unless I have to, TC. I really regret mentioning it, the more I think about it, the more I think it is a coincidence. I don't think it will help at all.

At very best, I think it's Scenario 2. Scenario 3 seems very unlikely at this point.

If it shows up in Day 3, I'll flag it ... and to hell with the consequences.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High