Wheel of Misfortune Mafia Game

Re: Wheel of Misfortune Mafia Game

I agree flub,Zarni seems different this game,quiet,no posts detailing everything like he normally does. Another one who has my interest is TC, he is kind of quiet too.

Yeah that's what boogy was saying. I should pay attention, I guess, cuz I wasn't getting that until you guys mentioned it.

Flub, the reason I have been so quiet.

Sunday - Gone all day at a buddies for super bowl.

Monday - 4 hour screening test + 2 phone interviews.

Tuesday - started about 2 hours ago.

I've just been extremely busy. And honestly, there's been very, very low activity in the sense of things that jump out. However, later today, after yet another phone screen, I will re-read the entire thread and see what I can see.

I agree flub,Zarni seems different this game,quiet,no posts detailing everything like he normally does. Another one who has my interest is TC, he is kind of quiet too.

No I`m not.

I am not 100% sold on this fracas between Flip and Boogy over grammar. I can understand people falling out over whether "Yes" is "Yes" without (or with) Jon Anderson or Rick Wakeman - people have been brutally slain over that issue - but over punctuation? Slightly suspiciously like a snow-job to me.

TC and Zarni, our two resident (and surviving) thinkers, can easily point to a lack of data, with some justification.

Laarz has talked himself around, as far as I'm concerned. He was a serious lynch possibility for me prior to the wheel-spin feature that suddenly presented itself. Is this feature for townies only, or can mafia also receive it? Can any mafia players confirm this? ;) For info, I do not have this feature available to me.

This post is in danger of getting over-long, so I will finish for now. A re-read of the thread is required before I can post anything else.

ps Page 1 shows Gorny as alive - has he been resurrected?

It also shows Mara too,how did you miss that;) I think BadAsh just forgot to edit the names out.

Flub, the reason I have been so quiet.

Sunday - Gone all day at a buddies for super bowl.

Monday - 4 hour screening test + 2 phone interviews.

Tuesday - started about 2 hours ago.

I've just been extremely busy. And honestly, there's been very, very low activity in the sense of things that jump out. However, later today, after yet another phone screen, I will re-read the entire thread and see what I can see.

Okay.

But we really need some insight from you to compensate for the aforementioned reasons.

Did anyone notice that Jason Mayer is missing ?!?!?

I haven't seen anything from him!

Makes Zarni and TC look a little less suspicious to me now.

Triple posting is suspicious.

As is Jason Maher! :)

Speaking of inactivity, I haven`t heard anything from BoD in a while.

gorny and mar are dead thats a mistake on my part. it should be up to date now.

Bod and Jason are under watch by me and have been for a lil bit and will take action if necesary (not without warning firsT)

That was easily the most excruciating re-read of a mafia thread I have ever undertaken.

It was like reading a recording from a tape recorder placed at the water cooler in the workplace.

I would like to propose a complete cessation of OT stuff. Also, no "I have a secret but I'm not telling" this game please Loz. We got one mafia by pure luck and so we're still in it. We need to start pushing a bit and get something done and avoid leaping on things like the grammar police.

Some thoughts:

I have almost nothing. I read 32 pages, every word and I saw nothing but a huge empty hole where content should have gone.

That said, here's the minor points I noticed:

1. Loz, you ask a lot of questions. When someone asks you why you suspect something, please answer it in a non-flippant manner or say "I was just bs-ing". Distractions kill.

2. Flip seems pretty careful in a couple posts. Almost apologetic to a fault early on. But, he's a new player with this crowd so I'm drawing very little from that. But, I'm putting down everything I've seen so there it is.

3. Of everyone here, TC seems the most suspicious to me. And that's based on just about nothing. Why? Just a gut feeling based on jack squat other than a sense of terseness to his posts and an uneasiness about something I can't even express. Again, this is the weakest suspicion I've ever had in this game, and that's saying something.

4. Laarz, I still disagree with your decision. You've removed much of the impetus from today's discussion and your odds of getting a mafia are zero better than any of us (that happen to be town). In fact, if you do get to kill someone, it's very likely to be a townie. Your PERSONAL odds are better IF YOU WERE LYNCHED TODAY but that's just self-preservation talking. Your odds of death are now actually MUCH HIGHER than they were before you made your decision. I'm tired, I'll think about this.

5. BoD and Jason don't seem particularly interested OR are busy with other things. I have no impression of their thoughts after reading this thread.

6. Boogy and flub - lots of words, very little of note. But, you can't blame them. There's very little of note from anyone including me.

7. For the record I've played very differently in this game for two reasons. There's very little to work with and I've been very busy in my job search (any word mara?).

So in summary - let's get focused. We need something to stir discussion, and it may as well be Laarz since he has done the only nutty thing thus far in the game (of people still alive). How do we get focused? I'm not sure. But, it doesn't involve critiquing grammar.

Boogy - these are ALL questions so I used proper punctuation as I did previously - Pick on Leo cuz she used a "?" or two also. (It's called inflection) A statement ends like this. A question CAN end like this?

Are you trying to piss me off now? Is that it? Even if they are questions, you cannot tell me that they are punctuated correctly because they are not. No, a question CANNOT end like that. That was either a statement or it was a question with vocal articulation of such an extent that it sounds proper but in reality is not. I don't understand why you are picking on Leo when you yourself can't seem to find the means to employ grammar properly. I make mistakes too, but they happen occasionally and not all the time.

oh, and just finished reading the rest of Boogy's first post.

you little scummy fatherless child! you really DID want pics! XD jk! i know you aren't a fatherless child. ;) as for me..... XXDD jk! jk!!

all i will say is you certainly know how to manipulate a woman!

hmm... shameless might've been more fitting :whistling:

I know how to manipulate a woman? Meh, not really >.>

Ok ,so here are my thoughts

1-I die and you know that everything I said to ankeli is true

2-I live a little longer and can try to push some people

3-I go along the same

4-I die and hopfully take a mafia with me

The way ankeli talked I thought he would kill me,but after I thought about it now,I think he voted for me to see what other people did and said. How he decided on Noodle,I dont know,I saw nothing in his posts that was telling. I'm rereading everything so I will hopefully be ready for what ever happens.

Thoughts?

Ok, with this much control over the wheel, I no longer find you in (as much) suspicion of being mafia. I think that would be a little overpowered. I can't say anything about Ankeli's play style. I do not know how he caught on to Noodle, but, perhaps, he could explain it to us after the game :) You have 50/50 chance of dying including that 25% you'll take someone with you. Good luck.

I am not 100% sold on this fracas between Flip and Boogy over grammar. I can understand people falling out over whether "Yes" is "Yes" without (or with) Jon Anderson or Rick Wakeman - people have been brutally slain over that issue - but over punctuation? Slightly suspiciously like a snow-job to me.

I am not quite sure how you managed to make a connection with that "fracas" and the mafia game but umm... ok o_O

TC and Zarni, our two resident (and surviving) thinkers, can easily point to a lack of data, with some justification.

Well, instead of pointing to lacks of data we should probably take care to fill it out yes?

Well, we can't vote anyhow today so might as well get ready for the next round. I have to get myself familiar with the player's list. I don't seem to be aware of who's actually playing anymore and who isn't >.>

List of players on page 1 is updated and correct.

also do you guys want to end the day early or let it continue?

5 votes for end it early and ill end it early. otherwise it will still end 24 hours from now. if we end it early I think we can still try to start the next day at 5pm cst tomorrow.

My, my. It all seems to be getting a little zesty! I am not going to suggest that we all take a deep breath and chill, on the basis that we're all grown up enough to figure that out for ourselves. Plus, I don't really mind how zesty you all get ... knock yourselves out. ;)

I'll have to agree with Zarni that there is little-to-no content this game thus far. We all seem to be at the mercy of The Wheel, which alters somewhat the dynamic of the game compared to previous ones I've seen.

As to me playing "I've got a secret", sorry Zarni that you took it that way, especially after I did explain (as soon as I was challenged) that I was playing a hunch. I will of course and in future preface any assertions I make in future with something like, "I'm the Cop and I investigated such'n'such and know he isn't the whatever" or "This is a hunch, please don't get confused by what I am saying" here ...". And naturally, all my questions will now be posted for approval, prior to me asking them.

Boogy, I connected the "fracas" that occurred during the mafia game with the game itself by reason of it occurring during the game. If you need further clarification, please ask. And yes, pointing out a lack of data is not as useful as supplying data. I suggest we all announce our game roles, to facilitate the exchange of data.

Preview edit:
Bad Ash, please end today asap!

Okay im read up and up to date. PHWOOAR I missed some epic stuff.

Laarz bringing the spin wheel on himself with no supsicion lying on him means that he definately had/has a pro town power role. The way i see it that takes him off suspect list.

No voting today so just talking.

I vote on an early end also as we can't achieve much more.

No one strikes me as suspicious at the moment to be honest. The days have all bean so pre-determined. (like Ankeli and today Laarz)

I'll answer any and all questions aimed at me now (if you have any).

3. Of everyone here, TC seems the most suspicious to me. And that's based on just about nothing. Why? Just a gut feeling based on jack squat other than a sense of terseness to his posts and an uneasiness about something I can't even express. Again, this is the weakest suspicion I've ever had in this game, and that's saying something.

I have always been right to the point in every game (had to actually google that word up). I`m never one to stir off from what i want to say. Some might see that as a precaution, but i see it as a way of keeping things clean and to the point. Since my mind can`t handle too much at once.

List of players on page 1 is updated and correct.

also do you guys want to end the day early or let it continue?

5 votes for end it early and ill end it early. otherwise it will still end 24 hours from now. if we end it early I think we can still try to start the next day at 5pm cst tomorrow.

I am against that. Even if we can`t vote or can`t do anything else, not have anything to go on, we can still keep talking, ask questions and maybe get some actual reads on people

I'll have to agree with Zarni that there is little-to-no content this game thus far. We all seem to be at the mercy of The Wheel, which alters somewhat the dynamic of the game compared to previous ones I've seen.

I am going to have to agree with the part about the wheel. As much as i see this as an interesting thing, it ruins the concept of a mafia game, no offense to Bad Ash, i know you have put a lot of work in this but simply it is not the same. But maybe it will turn out well in the end.

Also, I see you people are looking up to me for solutions since me and BoD are probably the oldest regulars still alive, but that would be a Disappointed since i mostly read, take notes and come up with a solid case once i think i have one. And thats what I`m doing right now, but sadly, i got nothing so far.
But keep talking and lets see where that gets us, everyone makes mistakes if the right buttons are pushed.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High