The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

When I first read what you said @T72on1 I thought I remembered facets counting, but I could have been wrong.

On a side note, I have always been a little noid about messing with many of a programs features once it is up and running, except those features I know exclusively about. I decided earlier to go out on a limb and hit the "Proj Flavie Report" button in GoMule. WOW! Holy expletive expletive expletive expletive!!!! That is awesome. I feel really stupid that I have not did that before now. Like I said, just getting GoMule to work this time around is exciting enough, but to see all the items laid out like that, and how many of each I have is so cool man.

I am making more progress towards lvl 95 after my moronic mishaps. I just about died again last night falling asleep at the chair. In the future, when I start feeling tired, instead of quitting for the night I will work on my other characters because a death with one of them wont be a big deal. Drops have been kinda disappointing(other than the Zod of course). I have seen so many white, blue, and yellow Shako's its driving me crazy. Plus, gold amulets have been dropping, but no Mara's as of yet.

View attachment 5336

Hugo the HC fishymancer has entered the fray!

Level 16 :)
Code:
Name          (C)            SC/HC    Class  Level/exp   Extended Stash  #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths  # of Hours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy      Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal        Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist      Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       98.7           Yes           -        473           11           -
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.50          Yes        8606        464            -           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98             Yes        2190+?      446           13         260
hasuprotoss   Reina           SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1751        384            -           -
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      96             Yes           -        380           18           -
Tarantella    Tarasha         HC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -            -           -
XyleneCyanol  Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      94             Yes           -          -            -           -
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      93             No            -          -            -           -
Chaostar      Prairie         SC      Sorc      91             Yes         659        261           12         126
OldSoldier    Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
tokerdin      tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -          -            -           -
BKC           Meteorbin       SC      Sorc      91             Yes           -          -            -           -
Southpaw      Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -      Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2      Classified
Me2Nik        Fugu            HC      Ama       90             Yes          80
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      90             Yes         381        194            10           -
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many     lots
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      89             No            -          -            -           -
LiquidClear   Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage   zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Neksja        Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone     Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Gnosis          SC      Druid     86             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     86             No          115         94           19          idk
Naturallog    Athos           HC      Barb      84             No          159        105            0           -
Qwernt        AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit        Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       78             No           19         16            0         idk
Jean Avila    SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo          Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule    Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Gripphon      Ryu             SC      Sorc      76             Yes           -          -         over 9k       13
Darke Rahl    Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
Vildecor      Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax    Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Kitteh        Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU           Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit        Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer       Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin    Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       20             Never         3          2            0  
hackedagaina  Hugo            HC      Necro     16             Yes           -          -            -           -

Last edited:
@hackedagainanda - Welcome, glad to have some HC company! Good luck and stay safe! Are you planning on staying a summoner the whole way to 99?

--

Excitedly Stevesy went out into the jungles to make his way to LK when low and behold the first bosspack he encounters dropped something golden. It wasn't the Jade Figurine, but it was something a little nicer:

0kEKsrs.jpg

That took the sting out of having to deal with all the LIs in this act. Stevesy decided not to bother with any of the organs just yet (sorry Cain!) and instead just fought/sprinted his way to LK to let the rune harvest begin.

According to the averages (outline by Gripp in his guide) I should need ~7710 runs to get all the runes I need for Enigma(3855), Infinity(2570) and Beast(1285). I have a feeling that's on the low end, but it's there's only one way to find out!

He rolled himself a decent linear map, and is just running through town to the WP for now. Runs take about 40 seconds so it could be faster, but I'm just anxious to get out there and find some rocks right now, I'll re-roll if I need a switch up.

Stevesy has completed his first batch of 1000 runs, and let's just say it got off to a good start!

Run 52 - Sur (Not bad for a first rune, eh? ;))
Run 201 - Ist
Run 206 - Gul
Run 598:
wAm91ze.jpg

Run 667 - Ohm (from a corpse)
Run 906 - Pul

Skillers found:
- Cold sills (+30 life)
- Defensive Auras (so close!)
- Shadow Disciplines
- Masteries (Barb)

Other finds:
- popped Magefist from a corpse, which is great for some FCR once we build our Enigma
- 39% MF Gheeds froma corpse
- We have an armour rack that reliably spits out Akaran Targes, so we got ourselves a +44 res 4 socket one for a Spirit upgrade, and also made sure to nab an ethereal 4-socket 45 res all version for a potential Exile in the future.

All in all a VERY good start! I can only imagine my luck will come crashing down to earth for the forseeable future, but for now I can't complain about being halfway to an Enigma already. I'm thinking I'll update every 1k runs or so, depending how long they take me. Oh, and I figured it was time to actually get him in the table and make it official, even if he won't be leveling any time soon. ;)

--

Code:
Name          (C)            SC/HC    Class  Level/exp   Extended Stash  #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths  # of Hours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy      Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal        Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist      Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       98.7           Yes           -        473           11           -
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.50          Yes        8606        464            -           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98             Yes        2190+?      446           13         260
hasuprotoss   Reina           SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1751        384            -           -
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      96             Yes           -        380           18           -
Tarantella    Tarasha         HC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -            -           -
XyleneCyanol  Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      94             Yes           -          -            -           -
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      93             No            -          -            -           -
Chaostar      Prairie         SC      Sorc      91             Yes         659        261           12         126
OldSoldier    Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
tokerdin      tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -          -            -           -
BKC           Meteorbin       SC      Sorc      91             Yes           -          -            -           -
Southpaw      Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -      Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2      Classified
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      90             Yes         381        194            10           -
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many     lots
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      89             No            -          -            -           -
LiquidClear   Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage   zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Neksja        Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone     Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Gnosis          SC      Druid     86             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     86             No          115         94           19          idk
Naturallog    Athos           HC      Barb      84             No          159        105            0           -
Qwernt        AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit        Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       78             No           19         16            0         idk
Jean Avila    SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
Pb_pal        Stevesy         HC      Paladin   76             Yes           -          -            0           -
logo          Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule    Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Gripphon      Ryu             SC      Sorc      76             Yes           -          -         over 9k       13
Darke Rahl    Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
Vildecor      Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax    Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Kitteh        Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU           Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit        Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer       Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin    Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       20             Never         3          2            0   
hackedagainanda Hugo        HC   Barb          16                Yes          -               -               -

@hackedagainanda Cool !! Welcome, and good luck. Definitely a very nice starter wand you have there.

@Pb_pal That's some serious luck right there, bud !!! I hope this continues for you.

And yes, I already have all facets. Nice :).

@Pb_pal - Nice progress with Stevesy. Is it worth completing Trav to have those zealots run away from you?

Awesome progress @Pb_pal, and some very solid rune luck out of the gate. I hope it continues for Stevesy.

I will echo @NanoMist's observation about Council. Mercy died a couple times early on in LK runs because she hadn't progressed past LK and zealots were dangerous. Having them flee made her runs much safer -- can't recall off hand, but I think she died only one time after killing Council and smashing the orb, compared to 3 or 4 prior.

I've definitely considered smashing the orb to get rid of those pesky zealots, but quite frankly Stevesy and the merc is basically made of glass right now and Sszark/Sewers are a bit too frightening for my tastes.

I'm not having too much trouble with the zealots right now but definitely once I get some gear upgrades (CtA, maybe even Hoto) I'll go do some smashing for sure. Thanks for the encouragement guys!

But_Why found a steelclash in act 3 normal. She is still wearing it, due to my complete inability to find a decent 2-socket shield.

View attachment 5349
That +1 to Paladin Skills is making the real difference here. Obviously.

I made my way through normal and nightmare with little difficulty other than goddamn Pitspawn Fouldog (1 death from him, 4 total). Being only level 58, I was a bit nervous to bring her into hell, but I was quickly convinced she'd do fine after dying just 10 times to Corpsefire.

View attachment 5350
Negative poison resistance, so of course all 23 of his hits were poison. All. 23. And yes, he kept 2-shotting me.

Nevertheless, I struggled my way through acts 1 and 2 with only a dozen more deaths, mostly to other monsters that somehow managed to do over 400 damage out of nowhere. Act 3 was tricky due to all the lightning immunes, but I eventually remembered I was technically able to kick things so I very slowly (took two sessions) got to and defeated mephisto. He was easier than the holy freeze + lightning enchanted council member as well as both lightning + physical immune council members in the Durance level 3. I took out one of the latter with fire blasts, lacking sufficient corpses to explode.

Oh yeah, and I found two Duriel's Shells: one in Act 4 Nightmare, and one in the Maggot Lair in Hell.
View attachment 5351
The extra 36 defense is absolutely game-changing here.

I expected the rest of the run through hell to be very boring, but I was soon proven wrong. Diablo, for starters, dropped an absolutely terrible Gheed's Fortune.

View attachment 5353
99% extra gold from monsters seemed pretty good until I looked it up and the range turned out to be 80-160.

Act 5 was uneventful...

View attachment 5352
Dammit! Why won't your clan leave me alone already!

...Until the ancients. It turns out that being extremely squishy at level 75 with just over 1000hp and no shadow master as well as a merc made out of marshmallows is kinda bad against 3 barbarians (I died in just over one second), so I decided to drop a bunch of potions on the ground and reroll until I got something manageable. On the second attempt, I decided to go for:
Madawc: Teleportation, Extra Fast
Korlic: Stone Skin, Mana Burn
Talic: Magic Resistance, Teleportation

Korlic fell easily but slowly to my sentries, so I decided to use the Strength rune word Legend Spike I had made for Diablo to take care of the other two. Then the mana potions I dropped on the ground were suddenly gone.

Not a huge problem, since I still had a few in my belt and inventory, and dragon claw doesn't take up so much mana. Since the health potions were still intact from running around for a few minutes, and since Talic was magic resistant, I opted to take it completely melee. After tanking damage and using up all but two of the health potions in my inventory/belt, madawc was almost dead and talic had lost quite a lot of health himself. Then I noticed all the health potions on the ground were also gone.

With just a sliver of health left on Madawc's bar, the game informed me that I had, in fact, died and lost experience for the 44th time. My chair was pushed several feet backwards from the sheer frustration.

I'm going to level up a few more times before I try the ancients again. Maybe I will find gear that is actually decent.

Also, I beat hell easily with my amazon, dying zero times. I even killed Lister without too much of a problem, although I'm positive I'm playing the build totally wrong. I got past the council + other problematic lightning immunes with a wand equipped with lower resist charges.

Code:
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       83             No           28         25            0         idk
Pb_pal        Stevesy         HC      Paladin   76             Yes           -          -            0           -
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       78             Never        33         29           48
hackedagainanda Hugo        HC   Barb          16                Yes          -               -               -

Update: Tried the ancients a few more times, defeated both Korlic and Talic, got Madawc to 5% health and ran out of health potions so I died.

Last edited:
If you don't pick up potions from the ground, they disappear after 5 minutes. Sounds rough, though. I know there are some tactics for taking on ancients one at a time, but I've never tried them myself. Speed runners tend to use them because they're often under-geared and under-leveled when doing the ancients.

The double post is strong with this one. I'll turn this into an update later for Ayura :p

Edit:

I'm not writing this from home, so no readouts or screenshots, and I'll try to be brief; I know I tend to get long-winded and sidetracked by tangential thoughts lol

... Anyways, Ayura has been grinding out LK for those pesky runes, thankful for not having muled off any of his previous rune finds over Fal.
He started off only needing a Vex and Pul for a hoto, but after finding an Ist on day one, he cubed up to a Vex. Pul was found two days ago, which took a lot more effort that we were hoping. But with that done, as well as a 4os flail found inside a corpse, a hoto was born. In fact it's the first one I've ever made in SP.
Yesterday bore witness to improved luck once again where he found another Mal and Gul. Ayura sits at one Mal and one Vex rune away from being able to cube out the runes for Enigma.
Fun times ahead

Last edited:
Nice to see the continued progress, everyone! Keep it up.

Mercy did her part also, just hitting the 98.9 mark. This was a pretty uneventful stretch, but a very efficient and quick one.

Finds for this stretch were pretty tame: Pul #3 within the first 1M XP, then nothing all the way to 3.47B. Then she found another Rising Sun, Mal #6, an Eth Giant Skull, a 4@ Shimmering SC of Dexterity, a regular Steel Shade (to compliment her Eth one), a plain Lion Branded skiller, Gul #3, her third SoJ from Nihl, an Um, and Mal #7. She closed out the last 5M with a 3os Tomb Reaver, a Firewall Ormus with bad damage rolls, and another 2os Giant Skull.

I am kind of disappointed with the skillers so far, only 18 total, nearly half of which are pretty useless skills. For some reason, I expected more, I guess because of how many GCs Nihl and co seem to drop.

Well, I’m pretty sure that Mercy will ding the final level before the end of the month. I’ll update the 99er progress thread when she hits 3.50B, so that’s the final milestone for her journey. I need to figure out video recording options to record the last 500K or so. But I’ll hold off on that for now to avoid jinxing her :eek:

Edit: It looks like we had a table version control issue somewhere within the last week. I updated Neverland to the last update from @T72on1, in addition to Mercy, and added the Fallen back. I think everything else should be right in the Progress table, but you may want to double check if you updated recently.

Progress Update

Code:
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       98.9           Yes           -        475           11           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -        Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2  Classified
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      90             Yes         381        194            10          -
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many    lots
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     86             No          115         94           19         idk
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       83             No           28         25            0         idk
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       78             Never        33         29           48
hackedagainanda Hugo          HC      Barb      16             Yes           -          -            -           -

The Fallen
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Last edited:
So close! Super excited to see Mercy make the final push, and the ensuing write up :) I use Bandicam for my recording needs and it suits me just fine, but I know there are other options out there.

@PhineasB Great progress again !! So close now, go go go. But in a safe way of course ;). Also congrats on the SoJ, I still have to find my first one, and badly want it.

Btw, the info on Neverland in your updated table still isn't accurate. But thanks for trying, and for pointing out there was an issue to begin with. I put in the correct info.

Progress Update

Code:
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       98.9           Yes           -        475           11           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98.17          Yes        2190+?      475           13         270?
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -        Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2  Classified
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      90             Yes         381        194            10          -
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many    lots
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     86             No          115         94           19         idk
hackedagainanda Hugo          HC      Barb      16             Yes           -          -            -           -

The Fallen
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Btw, the info on Neverland in your updated table still isn't accurate.
D'oh! I guess I typed in the edit and then actually forgot to paste in the updated table from Notetpad.

Thanks for the encouragement @everyone! I'm hoping that Mercy can make some progress into the 3.5XX range this weekend, and also on figuring out the video recording options. Helpful to hear what others use.

View attachment 5369
Separated Korlic/Talic from Madawc. Neither of them had cursed or lightning enchanted or anything weird so I went for it. Finished them both off pretty easily, then Madawc turned out to have stone skin... longest battle I've ever had.

Will update once I kill baal.

(Assassin)

After I failed the first few times at the Hell Ancients (something I have never done with another character) I was kinda lost. I ended up doing some horribly optimized LK runs where I looked for runes, small/grand charms, items that sold for 35k, and flawless gems. My run consisted of taking the waypoint, moving down and slightly left, clicking on the armor stand (usually dropped an Aegis) and the shrine if it was a gem shrine, moving right and checking that chest, then swinging to the left, clicking on all chests/corpses in the immediate path to the other two chests.

I did 400 runs like this. My results (only counting Pul+ runes) were:
42: Mal
91: Sur (!)
181: First gem shrine
199: (Only) death
201 and 202: Second and third gem shrines (not recorded are ~5 more gem shrines in the last 198 runs)
252: Pul
325: Accidentally sold the +11 LR small charm I had found (this becomes significant later)

This is also how I found Natalya's Helm and Tal Rasha's Fine-spun Cloth. My gloves were Blood Vampirebone gloves (and kinda bad) that I've been rerolling. I tried the forgotten tower about 20 times for Nef runes before I decided LK was more efficient (although more boring).

I also gambled about 350-400 rings/amulets, being not really sure what I should do with all the extra gold. No uniques or sets, or even anything worth keeping. Near the end of the 400 runs, I did find a unique amulet on the ground, but it was just the Eye of Etlich.

Once I hit level 80, I decided the ancients were worth another try. My second attempt (not counting the rerolls) is above - the first attempt consisted of me dying almost immediately.

The Worldstone Keep was actually quite difficult. Level 1 had zealots/healers and vile witches that loved casting amplify damage along with extremely fast invaders. Level 2 was quite a bit easier, but the opening room was extraordinarily messy.

View attachment 5370
I'm having trouble deciding what the most disgusting thing in this picture is.

Level 3 required a few rerolls due to the opening room not leaving enough space, but I got through it eventually. The throne of destruction then spawned Death Lords and Burning Souls (and some other monster, doesn't matter), which were almost as annoying as the ancients.

In conclusion, Baal was the easiest part of late act 5. Thanks Baal. He also dropped a Windhammer which I sold immediately, but I probably should have considered it despite requiring almost 70 more strength.

Progress Update
Code:
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98.17          Yes        2190+?      475           13         270?
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       81             Never        55         51           53

The Fallen
Code:

I think I may play another one of my characters for a while...

The game felt bad for min-rolling a Scalper for me, so they gave me another from the rack:
Code:
The Scalper
Flying Axe
Throw Damage: 44 - 197
One Hand Damage: 50 - 194
Quantity: 180
Required Level: 49
Required Strength: 88
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0xe7c1b4e0
Item Level: 79
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+20% Increased Attack Speed
199% Enhanced Damage
25% Bonus to Attack Rating
5% Life stolen per hit
33% Chance of Open Wounds
+4 to Mana after each Kill
Replenishes quantity
Required Level +7
Yes I upped it, what else is Ayura gonna spend all those dang Pul runes on?? 1% off perfect in damage and LL - it's not terrible

Well, it took a week of LK, but I finally found enough runes to cube up to a Jah. I previously had a Ber, Sur, Ist, Mal, Ohm, and Gul just chilling in the stash from my first set of LK runs on Ayura, and in past 7 days Ayura snagged a Ber and Ist (both previously posted), and then a Vex, another Ist, 3x Mal, 2x Ohm, Gul. I was averaging 1-2 runes per day that I played. I missed one day, I think, because I didn't want to stay up after getting home from work. Anyhow, the runes felt awfully stingy, but I'm glad I stuck it out.

[For those curious, I was actually more than an Ist and Vex away last time I posted--I forgot I was missing a couple other runes at the time, so you might imagine my sadness to find that I lacked the runes to continue onwards when both of those runes incidentally popped up...]

The first Ist was combined with the old Ist, and then with Gul to make my first Vex, which I used to make my first ever Hoto on SP (mentioned in my latest post); however, now I'm posting from home, so....

Code:
Heart of the Oak
Superior Flail
KoVexPulThul
One Hand Damage: 1 - 27
Durability: 30 of 30
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0x92af4792
Item Level: 86
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
14% Enhanced Damage
+1 to Attack Rating
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +31
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Ko Rune
Socketed: Vex Rune
Socketed: Pul Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune

And the spirit I made to accompany it:

Code:
Spirit
Long Sword
TalThulOrtAmn
One Hand Damage: 3 - 19
Durability: 44 of 44
Required Level: 25
Required Strength: 55
Required Dexterity: 39
Fingerprint: 0x8f6843ab
Item Level: 79
+2 to All Skills
+31% Faster Cast Rate
+55% Faster Hit Recovery
Adds 1 - 50 Lightning Damage
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
Adds 75 Poison Damage Over 5 Secs (125 Frames)
7% Life stolen per hit
+250 Defense vs. Missile
+22 to Vitality
+102 to Mana
+8 Magic Absorb
4 Sockets (4 used)
Socketed: Tal Rune
Socketed: Thul Rune
Socketed: Ort Rune
Socketed: Amn Rune

The most important rolls to Ayura are the mana and magic absorb, so I'm quite pleased with this. The decent mana roll helps the blue ball, and the sorb is nice to put damage woes at ease when teleporting around, granted I'm moving around with 75s, which is nice for a change.

I put so many HRs through to cube it isn't funny. Let's say I haven't naturally found a Lo rune on Ayura since the one that ended up in his Fort. When you're as rune-poor as I am, it's probably considered heresy to put 2 Pul, 1 Um, 1 Mal, 1 Ist, 1 Gul, 1 Vex, 3 Ohm, 1 Sur, and 1 Ber into making one runeword. But this is untwinked play here, and there's no room for an extended stash. So you cube 'em while you got 'em, and you roll the dice in the name of something bigger. <- Put that on a t-shirt... Not only was Ayura himself rune-poor, I myself don't hold many runes to my name. I don't much mind though, if I truly want more, I can farm them up. Granted, I've taken a big liking to untwinked play. It's simply much more rewarding, so I don't mind burning through as mess of runes on the guy that found them.

I also accidentally muled off a Pul rune, which is unfortunate. Force of habit when the stash got full, I must have had it among some junk that I like holding onto for posterity.

The fruits of my labor (and I certainly did reuse a base. Treachery, you served us well; in a future life, I'll see you put to use again)

Code:
Enigma
Mage Plate
JahIthBer
Defense: 1011
Durability: 60 of 60
Required Level: 65
Required Strength: 55
Fingerprint: 0xe5ba9314
Item Level: 69
+2 to All Skills
+45% Faster Run/Walk
+1 to Teleport
+753 Defense
+66 to Strength (Based on Character Level)
Increase Maximum Life 5%
Damage Reduced by 8%
+14 Life after each Kill
15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
89% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Jah Rune
Socketed: Ith Rune
Socketed: Ber Rune

As soon as I made it, I toyed around with it for a bit. Accidentally left the game on /p8 while I went to pindle, but everything went off without a hitch. I took a hit in raw damage output, but I made up for it in being able to postition my mercenary much more easily. No longer was he faffing about with resurrectees in the front of the temple. I was able to get him focused where I wanted him. On top of that, with the sudden boost to +skills, howl has become a worthwhile spell, which I prefer to using grim ward. I feel like the meager 8% DR is actually quite useful, and the strength is a juicy bonus.

Satisfied with the performance, I went to normal to use my first respec, while I was there, I paid Larzuk a visit:

Code:
Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Durability: 40 of 40
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0x5f0300b8
Item Level: 86
+15% Increased Attack Speed
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
28% Enhanced Damage
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
+120% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Strength
1 Sockets (1 used)
Socketed: Realgar Jewel of Fervor

Realgar Jewel of Fervor
Jewel
Required Level: 37
Fingerprint: 0x65452924
Item Level: 80
+15% Increased Attack Speed
28% Enhanced Damage

I am extremely pleased with this over IK's Helmet with 2x fervor jewels. As it turns out, this is the type of helmet I used on my first barb pat (also a throwbarb), except instead of using what I believe was a cold res/ias jewel, I socketed it something significantly more to my liking.

I ended up keeping my stats more or less the same, except for putting far fewer points in strength. I considered pumping more into Vitality, but decided I would be better served by putting them into Dexterity. Between that and not putting single points into Grim Ward or Taunt, opting for maxing out Double Throw in their stead, Ayura has gone from 9k AR to 12k AR.

I took him for a spin around the D2 World, running around parts of Acts 1, 3, and 5. I was rewarded mightily for my efforts

Can I get a BOOYAH?
One of the exact pieces of equipment I wanted for this guy.

Ayura's future is bright.

Table updates to following when he actually gains a level ;P

Mercy made it to 99.
View attachment 5386Seeing Fordyl hit 99 inspired Mercy to plug away and finish up this weekend. For the last quarter of the level, Mercy was averaging 2.65M/hour, with several stretches toward the end at >2.7M/hour. This helped move things along faster, needing only ~11 hours each for 98.8-.9 and the final tenth.

The big difference was leaving flawless Amethysts, limiting the bases checked to grey superior elite polearms (for ethereal) and grey superior elite Amazon bows, and getting out of a bad habit I’d picked up of grabbing gold piles. She still picked up every Hel+ rune and every Elite Unique/Set, plus all unique jewelry, and all jewels and SC/GC.

Finds were solid on the last stretch, with Eschuta’s #3, Lo #2 and Ist #5 within the first 3M XP. Um #6 dropped right before hitting 98.95, then another Dragonscale, Pul #4, Um #4, and Nightwing’s #4 (perfect +cold damage and +20 dext on the roll). The last 5M saw three Ormus (meteor, telekenesis, and ice blast) and the final meaningful drop of the journey was Sur #5.

Complaining about the lack of skillers also helped, as she found an Offensive Pally skiller with +poison damage, a Cold skiller with +24 life, a plain Druid Summoner, a plain Harpoonists, and a +22 life Elemental skiller.

I’ll do a more complete rundown of finds from level 98 in Mercy’s 99er write up, but for now, here are the runes found from Nihl:
Code:
58  Hel Rune
37  Io Rune
33  Lum Rune
16  Ko Rune
15  Fal Rune
13  Lem Rune
4   Pul Rune
7   Um Rune
7   Mal Rune
5   Ist Rune
3   Gul Rune
5   Vex Rune
1   Ohm Rune
2   Lo Rune
5   Sur Rune
0   Ber Rune
0   Jah Rune
1   Cham Rune
0   Zod Rune
That nets to 4 additional Vex runes, with cubing. I guess I don’t regret picking up the lower runes. :)

I hope to post full write up within the next couple days. I have to figure out how to upload videos and such, plus organize my thoughts to make it worth reading!

Progress Update
Code:
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       99             Yes           -        475           11           -
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       81             Never        55         51           53

The Fallen
Code:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High