The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

RWM is not a bannable offense on battle.net, I used it in 1.12. It's entirely client-sided and has no effect on the server. The server will only ban you for code modifications (if you inject it).

Edit: there are two types of communication with battle net:
Server -> client
Client -> server

"Runes.txt" for runewords is entirely server -> client. It is NOT used or read by the server. In order to get banned from battle net, it must be "client -> server". You can receive any packet from "server -> client". Certain packets will instantly ban you, other's will kick you under certain circumstances.

Last edited:
Mercy continued her progress, inching another tenth forward. This segment was helped along with a Saturday spent playing more than normal (and probably much more than advisable :oops:). She finished up the progress with two hours on Sunday and a bit more than an hour tonight.

She rerolled maps pretty early on due to finally getting frustrated with placement of a shrine in a location that often caused cursor to land on it and stop teleporting, as well as lots of popables causing the same issue (maybe I’m missing a workaround for that?). She generally did 1-2M XP on a map before rerolling.

She finally settled on a map for the last 10M or so. I realized that after so many thousands of runs to the upper left chamber, that’s the one that always turned out easiest. So she settled back on that layout. This map has poor shrine placement, so she is skipping them altogether with no appreciable drop in XP/hr (and actually a slight improvement due to not going back on the not-infrequent occasion when she teleported past an XP shrine).

Finds were quite solid, with two grailers (Lavagout and Atma’s amulet), and a couple decent skillers: plain Fletchers, Graverobbers with +24 life. There were also, I am not kidding, three Barb mastery skillers that were consecutive. :rolleyes: Other non-screenshot finds were Spirit Ward x2, SoJ, ethereal 4os Rune Master axe, Arkaine’s with +2 skills, Trang’s helm and Veil of Steel #2. She also found her second Spirit Keeper.

Runes were very frustrating until the end: Um # 3 early, then nothing until she rolled the current map. Then Vex #3 and Um #4 in quick succession, followed by Ist #3 and, finally, a Cham with 2M XP left before 98.7. So she finally found her Ber+ rune from Nihl and now has the rune drop grail -Zod.

During the stretch with poor rune luck, her charm luck compensated. Three screenies below show upgrades with added resists to replace a plain +20 vita charm and a +5FCR with low poison resist charm, plus the first pestilent SC I’ve found with poison as suffix also.
View attachment 5238 View attachment 5239
View attachment 5237

Phaedrus is also slowly progressing toward level 91 with Pit runs. After that, he will be back in LK until he can make Enigma.

Table Update
Code:
Name          (C)            SC/HC    Class  Level/exp   Extended Stash  #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths  # of Hours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy      Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal        Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist      Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       98.7           Yes           -        473           11           -
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.50          Yes        8606        464            -           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98             Yes        2190+?      446           13         260
hasuprotoss   Reina           SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1751        384            -           -
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      96             Yes           -        380           18           -
Tarantella    Tarasha         HC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -            -           -
XyleneCyanol  Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      94             Yes           -          -            -           -
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      93             No            -          -            -           -
Chaostar      Prairie         SC      Sorc      91             Yes         659        261           12         126
OldSoldier    Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
tokerdin      tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -          -            -           -
BKC           Meteorbin       SC      Sorc      91             Yes           -          -            -           -
Southpaw      Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -      Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2      Classified
Me2Nik        Fugu            HC      Ama       90             Yes          80
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      90             Yes         381        194            10           -
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many     lots
LiquidClear   Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage   zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      **             No            -          -            -           -
Neksja        Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone     Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Gnosis          SC      Druid     86             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     86             No          115         94           19          idk
Naturallog    Athos           HC      Barb      84             No          159        105            0           -
Qwernt        AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit        Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       78             No           19         16            0         idk
Jean Avila    SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo          Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule    Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Gripphon      Ryu             SC      Sorc      76             Yes           -          -         over 9k       13
Darke Rahl    Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
Vildecor      Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax    Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Kitteh        Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU           Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit        Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer       Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin    Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       20             Never         3          2            0           -

The Fallen
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

She rerolled maps pretty early on due to finally getting frustrated with placement of a shrine in a location that often caused cursor to land on it and stop teleporting, as well as lots of popables causing the same issue (maybe I’m missing a workaround for that?).
Hold ALT while teleporting :)

Thanks @T72on1!
A non-screenshot SoJ though ... that is pure evil.
Mercy is just moving items to her "Nihl" stash in GoMule without IDing them in game, so I hadn't bothered to get a screenie. But here you go:
View attachment 5245
:p
Hold ALT while teleporting :)
I don't know if this is something I once knew and have forgotten or completely new. :rolleyes: But very helpful either way. Thanks!

I tried the /nopickup command, but didn't think to try ALT. But now that Mercy has rerolled maps, there isn't a need or opportunity to test it out. Maybe another map reroll is in order. :)

Lol thanks for the screenie. I have found a few SoJs over the years, but have yet to find one this time around.

And yes, hold alt. I was going to answer that, but somehow forgot. I always do it, because without it, I still seem to get stuck from time to time. Or at least remember getting stuck in that case, because I frankly don't know if I could teleport not holding down alt nowadays.

As for my progress, I plan to do a proper update once I get some serious time to play and actually make progress. It seems that won't be happening any time soon though :(. I'm still only at 3.285M xp, from some short 30 - 60 minute sessions here and there. Drops have been quite good though, and most important, runs have been extremely safe so far, nothing even close to a NDE.

I was making solid progress from 94-95 running AT and The Pit with the occasional P1 sets of Pindle/Meph runs and of course some LK. Last night I encountered one of the worst groups of Archers in the Pit lvl 2 I've ever seen. One of them I was aware off and the other one took refuge behind the devilkins. I was dead before I knew it, and like an idiot thought I could get the corpse. Nope. Dead again. So, one bad decision followed by another one, and no damn way in hell of getting my corpse back resulted in a pile of XP lost.
I filled out my hurt feelings report and promptly sent it in to Blizzard. As much as it stings, you just gotta get back on the horse and try to ride it again.

Table Update
Code:
Name          (C)            SC/HC    Class  Level/exp   Extended Stash  #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths  # of Hours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy      Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal        Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist      Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       98.7           Yes           -        473           11           -
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.50          Yes        8606        464            -           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98.17          Yes        2190+?      475           13         270?
hasuprotoss   Reina           SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1751        384            -           -
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      96             Yes           -        380           18           -
Tarantella    Tarasha         HC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -            -           -
XyleneCyanol  Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      94             Yes           -          -            -           -
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      93             No            -          -            -           -
Chaostar      Prairie         SC      Sorc      91             Yes         659        261           12         126
OldSoldier    Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
tokerdin      tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -          -            -           -
BKC           Meteorbin       SC      Sorc      91             Yes           -          -            -           -
Southpaw      Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -      Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2      Classified
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      90             Yes         381        194            10           -
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many     lots
LiquidClear   Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage   zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      **             No            -          -            -           -
Neksja        Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone     Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Gnosis          SC      Druid     86             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     86             No          115         94           19          idk
Naturallog    Athos           HC      Barb      84             No          159        105            0           -
Qwernt        AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit        Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       78             No           19         16            0         idk
Jean Avila    SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo          Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule    Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Gripphon      Ryu             SC      Sorc      76             Yes           -          -         over 9k       13
Darke Rahl    Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
Vildecor      Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax    Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Kitteh        Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU           Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit        Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer       Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin    Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    But_Why         SC      Sin       20             Never         3          2            0           -

The Fallen
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

I decided to update the table anyway, since it will probably be a while since I play Neverland (doing my Sept), and I did make some progress over the last few weeks / months. There's only 1 problem: my computer crashed a while back and with it I lost my notes on Neverland's journey :(. I was able to recover almost everything I needed, but didn't think about my desktop, which contained quite some D2 related stuff like those progress notes. So amount of hours spent and runs done is forever gone I'm afraid.

As for progress, I said it in my last post: not much to say, but runs were very very safe after figuring out how Nihl and especially the Tomb Vipers work. So that's the main thing I keep in mind from this, because I so don't want to die at level 98.

These are some items Neverland found along the way:

Code:
Carrion Wind
Ring
Required Level: 60
Fingerprint: 0xd1bd5d4f
Item Level: 95
Version: Expansion 1.10+
10% Chance to cast level 10 Poison Nova when struck
8% Chance to cast level 13 Twister on striking
8% Life stolen per hit
+144 Defense vs. Missile
Poison Resist +55%
10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
Level 21 Poison Creeper (5/15 Charges)

Crescent Moon
Amulet
Required Level: 50
Fingerprint: 0xddb0ff2f
Unidentified
15% Mana stolen per hit
6% Life stolen per hit
+45 to Mana
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
10% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
-2 to Light Radius

Ghoul Gorget
Amulet
Required Level: 73
Fingerprint: 0xd3bcfec8
Unidentified
+2 to Amazon Skill Levels
Adds 1 - 6 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
6% Life stolen per hit
Cold Resist +27%
All Resistances +19

Havoc Torc
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xbaf9a3df
Unidentified
+2 to Druid Skill Levels
Adds 1 - 6 Cold Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
+10 to Dexterity
+37 to Life
Lightning Resist +21%
Fire Resist +20%

Lacerator
Winged Axe
Throw Damage: 17 - 151
One Hand Damage: 27 - 141
Quantity: 112
Required Level: 68
Required Strength: 96
Required Dexterity: 122
Fingerprint: 0xea30e5
Unidentified
33% Chance to cast level 3 Amplify Damage on striking
+30% Increased Attack Speed
152% Enhanced Damage
33% Chance of Open Wounds
Prevent Monster Heal
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 50%
Replenishes quantity

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 498
Chance to Block: 52
Durability: 33 of 50
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 89
Fingerprint: 0xd034ef12
Item Level: 84
Unidentified
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+30% Faster Block Rate
30% Increased Chance of Blocking
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+195% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
All Resistances +50

Herald of Zakarum
Gilded Shield
Defense: 454
Chance to Block: 52
Durability: 46 of 50
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 89
Fingerprint: 0xb3604770
Unidentified
+2 to Combat Skills (Paladin Only)
+2 to Paladin Skill Levels
+30% Faster Block Rate
30% Increased Chance of Blocking
20% Bonus to Attack Rating
+169% Enhanced Defense
+20 to Strength
+20 to Vitality
All Resistances +50

Eschuta's Temper
Eldritch Orb
One Hand Damage: 18 - 50
Durability: 26 of 30
Required Level: 72
Fingerprint: 0xa5a61162
Unidentified
+2 to Sorceress Skill Levels
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+13% to Lightning Skill Damage
+12% to Fire Skill Damage
+20 to Energy

Dwarf Star
Ring
Required Level: 45
Fingerprint: 0xaa54c138
Unidentified
+40 to Life
+40 Maximum Stamina
Heal Stamina Plus 15%
Fire Absorb 15%
Magic Damage Reduced by 12
100% Extra Gold from Monsters

Rainbow Facet
Jewel
Required Level: 49
Fingerprint: 0x7afa9e62
Unidentified
100% Chance to cast level 23 Venom when you Level-Up
Adds 37 Poison Damage Over 2 Secs (50 Frames)
-5% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+4% to Poison Skill Damage

Seraph's Hymn
Amulet
Required Level: 65
Fingerprint: 0x87c38205
+2 to All Skills
+2 to Defensive Aura Skills (Paladin Only)
+43% Damage to Demons
+196 to Attack Rating against Demons
+36% Damage to Undead
+249 to Attack Rating against Undead
+2 to Light Radius

Tal Rasha's Guardianship
Lacquered Plate
Defense: 927
Durability: 33 of 55
Required Level: 71
Required Strength: 84
Fingerprint: 0x133b1d65
Unidentified
+400 Defense
Cold Resist +40%
Lightning Resist +40%
Fire Resist +40%
Magic Damage Reduced by 15
88% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Requirements -60% Set (2 items): +10% Faster Cast Rate

Trang-Oul's Girth
Troll Belt
Defense: 153
Durability: 10 of 18
Required Level: 62
Required Strength: 91
Fingerprint: 0xc989c859
Unidentified
+93 Defense
+66 to Life
Replenish Life +5
+29 to Mana
+30 Maximum Stamina
Cannot Be Frozen
Requirements -40% Set (3 items): Cold Resist +40%

Widowmaker
Ward Bow
Two Hand Damage: 56 - 149
Durability: 37 of 48
Required Strength: 72
Required Dexterity: 146
Fingerprint: 0x7c5902e7
Unidentified
Fires Magic Arrows
182% Enhanced Damage
Ignore Target's Defense
33% Deadly Strike
+4 to Guided Arrow

That last one was a grailer, but I think I already posted about it, when I made the post about the Jah I found a while ago.

Good luck everyone !!! Keep on running ...

Stevesy has been busy!

He did a few WSK runs in NM to level up to 73 before officially heading into Hell. It was seriously tough going, even on /p1. The merc dies all the time, LI's are a serious problem right now, and Stevesy is currently made of glass so we have to be on high alert at all times. We slowly plodded our way to the Pits and decided to try our hand at some runs. The bad news is he can't do them at all comfortably, and the LI archers are just too scary right now. The good news? Well about 75% of the way through our first (and only, mind you!) Pit run we dropped a 4-soc Cryptic Axe, thus leading to a new hurty stick for the merc.

0UJADCo.jpg

Now he can actually kill things! Well, as long as he doesn't get killed first that is. ;)

Stevesy decided to push through and at least make some questing progress since leveling is a bit out of the question right now, and he slowwwwwwwly made his way to Andariel after many merc resurrections and plenty of frantic running.

The merc died immediately on contact with Andy, so Stevesy took it upon himself to play a very bloody game of ring around the rosy:

Nmz64rt.jpg

After many town trips, potion restocks, and lots of open wounds she eventually fell. While this tactic works wonderfully with Andy, I am not confident I can do anything of the sort against Duriel, so Stevesy decided to take a trip back to NM Meph to see about some gear upgrades (and re-fill his bank account after all those resurrections). Well it turns out that was a good choice as literally the first run dropped us a golden cuirass, and it's ethereal! Didn't really find a whole lot else other than an upgrade on Stevesy's Vipermagi, and the runs were a bit slow and boring for my liking, so the duo decided to try out the desert.

The sewers were slow, but safe. Radament killed the merc quite a few times, but once Stevesy had cleared the corpses with Redemption he could go after the big guy himself. Next up was the Maggot Lair. It SUCKED. We caught a break and didn't draw too many beetles, but it still took an age to lead the merc around and poke them all to death with the help of our 1 hard point (5 after +skills) in fanat. After grabbing the staff, and a quick (and surprisingly easy) detour for the amulet, we tried a little bit of leveling in the AT (no-go), then the Arcane Sanctuary (slow-go), and eventually crept our way to 76. At this point Stevesy decided that it was time to face his fears and go and see what Duriel had to offer.

So he cleared his way to the chamber, and popped down through the hole knowing full-well this could be his final moment. The merc died almost immediately (not a fan of act bosses, I suppose), and after blowing 200k+ gold on resurrections, we gave him his wish and left him dead. Stevesy decided to go head-to-head with the bug until only one of them remained.

The fight consisted of porting in, throwing a new TP up, whacking Duriel until OW triggered and then running in circles and healing himself until Duriel stopped bleeding. Rinse and repeat this process for about 30 minutes, throw in a pile of deperation trips back to town to re-fill pots and heal, and eventually it was in fact Stevesy who reigned supreme!

JdCnSNo.jpg

The drop was garbage, but Stevesy didn't care. He hopped the boat to Kurast with thoughts of LK in his mind.

This thread was part way down the second page – can’t have that :eek: Time for an update!

But first, congrats to @Pb_pal on the progress. That Duriel fight sounded quite anxiety-making! Also, I’m sorry to hear about the deaths @darkstarhub, but glad to hear you have pressed on.

Another tenth of the way through the final level for Mercy. As far as the playing, what’s to say, other than that she killed Nihl another ~1140 times?

Actually, I will say that the countless runs do lend themselves to sloppiness over time, at least for me. There were a couple NDEs that were entirely unnecessary, except that the runs had sort of gone to autopilot when I was playing tired. A quicker trigger finger to bail when things look nasty as she’s gotten closer has probably helped avoid another death or two.

Aside from that, the drops were very solid for this stretch. It started off with Pul #1 and then Vidala’s Armor (a grailer that took Mercy to grail -30). The next stretch was Halaberd’s #1, a Nature’s Peace, Vex #4, Pul #2, a 10 FR SC of vita (20) to replace a plain SC of Vita, an Eth Griffon’s, Giant Skull #2 (with 2os), an Ohm, and Halaberd’s #2.

Mercy then found Sur #4, which was a nice little story. She killed Nihl on the platform, but there was a small charm down to bottom left, so she teleported to pick up and a death sentry took out a ghost, who dropped the Sur. Helpful little SC drop, which of course was trash, but without it, wouldn’t have gotten the rune :)

The last stretch of 7M or so saw a Rising Sun ammy, Eaglehorn, an eth Darksight (helping ethereal grail), Ist #4, and finally Headstriker, which was a grailer and put her at 475 uniques found. She also found two Trang’s helms toward the end.

Here are some readouts from the interesting items from this stretch:
Code:
Giant Skull
Bone Visage
Defense: 397
Durability: 25 of 40
Required Strength: 106
Fingerprint: 0x1f9d765b
Unidentified
10% Chance of Crushing Blow
Knockback
+288 Defense
+25 to Strength
2 Sockets (0 used)

Halaberd's Reign
Conqueror Crown
Defense: 411
Durability: 27 of 50
Required Level: 77
Required Strength: 174
Fingerprint: 0x4acfc6e1
Unidentified
+1 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+2 to Battle Command (Barbarian Only)
+1 to Battle Orders (Barbarian Only)
+157% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +21

Halaberd's Reign
Conqueror Crown
Defense: 419
Durability: 32 of 50
Required Level: 77
Required Strength: 174
Fingerprint: 0x520935b4
Unidentified
+1 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
+20% Faster Hit Recovery
+1 to Battle Command (Barbarian Only)
+1 to Battle Orders (Barbarian Only)
+162% Enhanced Defense
Replenish Life +21

Griffon's Eye
Diadem
Defense: 226
Durability: 11 of 11
Required Level: 76
Fingerprint: 0x13f8d9f0
+1 to All Skills
+25% Faster Cast Rate
-20% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+12% to Lightning Skill Damage
+142 Defense
Ethereal
Mercy has only three non TC3 or TC87 items left in her self-found grail (Carin Shard, Fetid Sprinkler, and Heaven’s Light), plus two Cow King’s items and three pieces of jewelry (Seraph’s, Carrion Wind ring, and Cold/Level facet). I doubt she will eclipse 480, but I’m hoping for at least 2-3 more items before it’s all said and done.

Table Update
Code:
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       98.8           Yes           -        475           11           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98.17          Yes        2190+?      475           13         270?

The Fallen
Code:

Very well done !!!

Facets don't count for the grail. So that is one less to care about :).

Facets don't count for the grail.
I'm confused by this. The 99er table header has Grail as out of 504, and Flavie shows 505 total items (with Azurewrath included as a Normal item, so eliminating it gets to 504). But the 504 includes 30 jewelry items, which counts the 8 facets and Gheed's.

So I've just been using the Found# from the bottom of the Flavie report, and the grail -30 was based on the Total -1 for normal Azurewrath (504). Is everyone else manually adjusting the Found# in the table to remove facets?

Just checking. I didn't know about holding ALT while teleporting, so I clearly miss some basics now and then :rolleyes:

Not at my computer right now, but I'm pretty sure that facets don't count. Just add up normal (minus Azurewrath), exceptional and elite uniques, class-specific, rings, amulets and all set items, and I think you get to 504.

Just opened a Flavie report to check more carefully. All items = 505. 378 Uniques and 127 Sets, so that adds to 505.

The uniques are broken into 5 groupings: Normal (117), Exceptional (119), Elite (85), Jewelry (30) and Class-specific (27). 117 + 119 + 85 + 30 + 27 = 378.

Up in the report, the jewelry is broken out into four groups: Amulets (12), Rings (9), Charms (1) and Jewels (8). 12 + 9 + 1 + 8 = 30. So I think* that confirms that all 8 facets and Gheeds are included in the 505!

* italics included because maths are not a strong suit for me :rolleyes:

So in other news I min-rolled a Scalper on my throwbarb
Code:
The Scalper
Francisca
Throw Damage: 45 - 82
One Hand Damage: 27 - 55
Quantity: 52
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 80
Fingerprint: 0xa33d6fed
Item Level: 79
+20% Increased Attack Speed
150% Enhanced Damage
25% Bonus to Attack Rating
4% Life stolen per hit
33% Chance of Open Wounds
+4 to Mana after each Kill
Replenishes quantity

So... for better or for worse, I've found myself with more time on my hands recently, so what better thing to take my mind off of life than spend some free time on D2?
Tried running LK for runes on my Druid, got bored. Tried making a new untwinked char, but haven't gotten into it yet and therefore got bored. Opened my untwinked throwbarb, found myself looking at pindle with some mid-grade throwers on hand. Kill him a few times. Killed him a few more times. And a few more times after that. Okay, I felt into it. So I went with it. I dinged, I found an item I had on my list, and I got careless. I've died a few times because I play when distracted a lot. But dying right after leveling is no problem, especially when EXP is as easy to come by as it is at 89.

Aforementioned item on the list:
Code:
 Guillaume's Face
Winged Helm
Defense: 217
Durability: 38 of 40
Required Level: 34
Required Strength: 115
Fingerprint: 0x5f0300b8
Item Level: 86
+30% Faster Hit Recovery
35% Chance of Crushing Blow
15% Deadly Strike
+120% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Strength
I can drop the realgar of fervor in here that I found a while ago; it's been waiting patiently in the stash to be put to use.

I also found a item not on the list:
Code:
 Nosferatu's Coil
Vampirefang Belt
Defense: 58
Durability: 7 of 14
Required Level: 51
Required Strength: 50
Fingerprint: 0x5630a790
Item Level: 86
+10% Increased Attack Speed
6% Life stolen per hit
Slows Target by 10%
+15 to Strength
+2 to Mana after each Kill
-3 to Light Radius

But it got me thinking about altered endgame gear for my guy here. I have thus far gone with using a respec, mind me that I haven't actually allocated stats and skills optimally. I've dropped points here and there to experiment with skills, points I probably would use on other skills if I chose to respec, but I don't care all too urgently to do so. Anyhow, I'm thinking I might pursue an engima. I can hel out the treachery from the MP that I made a while ago (my merc is using it for now), then I can move the fort I'm using to my merc until I decide what I want on him. Depending on my weapon combo, I could toy with different ias gear to hit 4 frames, or 3.5 fpa if I'm feeling ritzy. Hmmm.... does NextDelay apply to throwing items that pierce? Anyone know?

Per diablowiki:
4-Frame Delay (0.16 seconds)

• Multi Shot
  • Strafe
  • Lightning Strike
  • Chain Lightning
  • Nova
  • Frost Nova
  • Poison Nova
  • Shock Wave
  • Fist of Heavens (Holy Bolts)
  • Wake of Fire
  • Claws of Thunder (only 2nd and 3rd charge charges have Next Delay. 1st charge does not trigger Next Delay)
  • Phoenix Strike (only 2nd Chain Lightning and 3rd Chaos Orb charge have Next Delay. 1st charge does not trigger Next Delay)
  • Dragon Flight
  • Battle Cry
  • Battle Command
  • Battle Orders
  • Any other piercing missiles <- That's the one
So I guess that's something I should figure out... I'm a big fan of warshrike + razortail for that juicy 83% piercing rate, but if you throw at 3.5 fpa, one would wonder if half of your throws never do damage to the target you're aiming at.

Anywho, I can make an MP Enigma, respec, dump a mere 25 into strength and be set for the rest of my planned gear. Right now, I'm sitting at a hard 105 STR and I'm still not able to equip whatever I want without some help (That Guill's is technically out of reach without some shuffling to get it to equip itself...) And I can make up for the lost health if I really needed to by putting some 30-ish points into vitality. I lose some resists, too, but my lightning will still be way over max, and I can make up the fire res once I find Laying of Hands. Maybe even Lava Gout would cut it. Fire res and ias, some enchanting to boot. It would work if I settle on Nihl to run for drops and EXP.

Enough of my wishful thinking for now, onto what Ayura has been running the past couple of days. I've decided to return to LK. And I have so far been rewarded, despite that pitiful excuse for a throwing weapon I posted above.
Check out these sweet drop from /p8 LK
And for some less impressive drops:
View attachment 5330
View attachment 5331
Just one more until I can craft an enigma! (Or a faith! :O Would be for a rogue merc, and I would have to drop the reaper's, so I think I'll hold off on that for now. I have a lot of theorycrafting and testing to sort through, no shame.)

Also I wanted to include some screenies of my pindle ventures of late before going back to LK, but I'm too lazy to figure out where to put these above, so... yeah
View attachment 5327
View attachment 5328
(That's my second wizzy on this guy from pindle. And since I haven't muled them off yet, I found it tempting to dual wield these with an enigma, but I'm going to settle on hoto/spirit and hit the 63 FCR breakpoint without any hassle. Plue I'll get some +skills out of it to make BO better. And I might consider howl a one-point wonder for clearing space in order to hit high value targets more easily. Oh, and if I do that, I might not need pierce whatsoever. We'll see. Further testing must be done. Either way, I should just mule off the wizzies to clear up some much desired room on Ayura

And a grailer for the sake of it:View attachment 5329
I don't think I've posted this before, sorry if I had

So lots of things are changing, it's making the whole experience quite refreshing. I leave you with another screenshot:
View attachment 5332
The exciting thing is that my current map has a semi-consistent winged knife/francisca, and you can in fact see both of those items in the above rune drops, as well. The only thing I'm wondering is if I'm wasting my time hoping that a warshrike can drop from the rack. I don't know if the qlvl is too high for the area or level of the racks. It goes beyond my expertise. Not even sure if those are the right terms for it. Anyhow, enough rambling
Edit: I'm pretty sure that thge racks in LK can't drop a high enough qlvl to produce warshrike. So it goes

Code:
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98             Yes        2190+?      446           13         260
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      89             No            -          -            -           -

The Fallen

Code:

Also I finally pulled Ayura out of the double-asterisk zone. Gotta let that 89 stand proud!

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion. Glad that I finally know that facets are in as far as the grail is concerned.

I think I have them all, but I'll check later.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High