The Untwinked Level 99 Progress Thread, Revenge of the 99ers

Tarasha reached 96 today running AT. She was running the full map for most of that time except for the last 30 million where she ran just the first 'boss heavy' two thirds. She completed the Tal's set, picked up a pair of eth treks and increased her tally of 7mf sc's to 10.

View attachment 5044

4 more skillers were found including a druid 40 lifer.

On the rune side since the vex she has picked up a gul, an ist , a mal, several ums and against the run of play in the last 40 million xp within a dozen runs of each other a fine brace of Ohms.

View attachment 5045

View attachment 5046

Might make a CTA to keep the merc alive but he dies usually when attention is beginning to wander.

Playwise Tarasha runs most of the AT but the merc is vulnerable to damage from holy fire mage packs and other fire enchanted bosses. Keeping a bit closer to him helps but prompted a switch from SoJ to Dwarfstar and a swap to dual 25+ fire/lightning resist gloves.

Keeping focus by item finding is also a good prop with trips to the shop for breaks. She's still picking up all the gold and checks/sells lots of things with gambling rapidly approaching the billion mark.

On levelling she blew another 150 gems on her Baal charms without success with 15 more on crafts with two druid and a paladin +2 amulets to show but the odds on getting a good class specific craft as well as any extra fcr seem remote. Two more rolls on the diadem brings the skull cost to 120 and maybe a change to rolling orbs (a repaired high level one perhaps) springs to mind. 220 gems left in the kitty with everything to play for.

Code:
Name          (C)            SC/HC    Class  Level/exp   Extended Stash  #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths  # of Hours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy      Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal        Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist      Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.30          Yes        8170        464            -           -
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       98.2           Yes           -        457           10           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98             Yes        2190+?      446           13         260
hasuprotoss   Reina           SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1751        384            -           -
Tarantella    Tarasha         HC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -            -           -
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      96             Yes           -        380           18           -
XyleneCyanol  Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      93             Yes           -          -            -           -
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      92             Yes           -          -            -           -
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      92             No            -          -            -           -
Chaostar      Prairie         SC      Sorc      91             Yes         659        261           12         126
OldSoldier    Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
tokerdin      tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -          -            -           -
Southpaw      Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -      Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2      Classified
Me2Nik        Fugu            HC      Ama       90             Yes          80
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      90             Yes         292        162            9           -
BKC           Meteorbin       SC      Sorc      90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many     lots
LiquidClear   Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage   zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      **             No            -          -            -           -
Neksja        Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone     Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Gnosis          SC      Druid     86             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     84             No          104         87           16          idk
Qwernt        AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit        Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Jean Avila    SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo          Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule    Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Darke Rahl    Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
Vildecor      Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax    Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       50             No           12          9            0         idk
Kitteh        Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU           Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit        Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer       Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin    Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -

Died twice on Reina yesterday. First death was dumb, but whatever. Put on my body retrieval kit, get back in, touch my body... and die again. :(

Lost a Griffon's, my crafted amulet, a rare ring with 10% FCR and 20% MF, a BKWB, etc. Pretty sad about it. Going to have to think how to re-gear the few slots I lost and the body retrieval kit itself. Also need to make up a lot of lost experience. Though that may be tempered as I run AT to recover for a bit. Hopefully I have enough gear in my stash to get back to the 105 FCR breakpoint... Maybe I should hold onto a few more things! :)

May also take a short break to recover from the incident and play my Druid that has recently beaten Act 1 Normal. Don't know what his end game is, but right now he's a fire druid and probably will be so until we get to the very end of the game. I imagine we'll rush through most of the quests, run Pindle until a reasonable level, then some alvl 85 place without a lot of Fire Immunes (I think AT only has one and it doesn't roll sometimes) until 94, and then LK. I think he'll go without an extended stash to make things more interesting. I'll add him to the table once he's at least through the questing portion of the game.

I'm still plodding along with my Barb, currently running Countess and killing most of the stuff on the way. It's slow, because of my fairly pathetic damage, but I found a Bonehew for my merc so his damage makes up for my Barb's shortcomings. I was lucky enough to find several good runes already, I have Pul, Um, Ist, and Ohm. Now I'm looking for a 5os PB for a Grief base and/or a 4os eth Cryptic Sword for an Oath base. Athos doesn't have the Str to equip the elite two-hand swords, which makes things a little more difficult. Still, I think he's doing reasonably well for level 79. Progress is slow now because I don't enjoy the tentative, cautious play style required of a poorly geared HC Barb. Once I get at least an Oath weapon I expect my pace to pick up.

Current LCS:

View attachment 5053

Table Update:
Code:
Name          (C)            SC/HC    Class  Level/exp   Extended Stash  #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths  # of Hours
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
zticazzy      Perkele         SC      Barb      99             No            -          -            -           -
Pb_pal        Eleanor         SC      Sorc      99             No         3068        437            5           -
NanoMist      Izuna           SC      Sin       99             No         5109        470            4         360
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.50          Yes        8606        464            -           -
PhineasB      Mercy           SC      Sin       98.2           Yes           -        457           10           -
T72on1        Neverland       SC      Sorc      98             Yes        2190+?      446           13         260
hasuprotoss   Reina           SC      Sorc      97             Yes        1751        384            -           -
PhineasB      Hiatus          SC      Sorc      96             Yes           -        380           18           -
Tarantella    Tarasha         HC      Sorc      96             Yes           -          -            -           -
XyleneCyanol  Fishie          HC      Sorc      95             No            -          -            -           -
darkstarhub   Neptune         SC      Sorc      93             Yes           -          -            -           -
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      92             Yes           -          -            -           -
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      92             No            -          -            -           -
Chaostar      Prairie         SC      Sorc      91             Yes         659        261           12         126
OldSoldier    Battleforge     HC      Pala      91             Yes           -        236            -           -
tokerdin      tokeress        SC      Sorc      91             yes           -          -            -           -
Southpaw      Njord           SC      Druid     90             Yes           -          -            -           -
Qwernt        CanbeOnlyBlizz  SC      Sorc      90             Yes           ?          -      Dont want to know
MercMan       Este            SC      Ama       90             Yes        1212        278            2      Classified
PhineasB      Phaedrus        SC      Pala      90             Yes         292        162            9           -
Lynchgrinch   Tattersail      SC      Sorc      89             Yes           ?        321         too many     lots
LiquidClear   Sally           SC      Assn      **             Yes         225          -            1           -
liquid_mage   zDadColdSorc    SC      Sorc      **             Yes           -        160            -           -
Zenigma       Ayura           SC      Barb      **             No            -          -            -           -
Neksja        Turirao         SC      Druid     87             Yes         191        124            5           -
Gladstone     Socrates        HC      Druid     86             ?             -          -            -           -
Zenigma       Gnosis          SC      Druid     86             No            -          -            -           -
Lord Molyb    Cruise_Control  SC      Necro     84             No          104         87           16          idk
Qwernt        AmaAgainstAll   SC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          -            -           -
Gambit        Mallenroh       SC      Sorc      81             Yes           0          0            0           0
Naturallog    Athos           HC      Barb      79             No           96         73            0           -
Jean Avila    SpeedAdict      SC      Ama       77             No            -          -            -          50
logo          Digimon         HC      Nec       76             Yes          85         65            0           -
TwentyMule    Rayne           SC      Sorc      76             Yes         195        140            ?           ?
Darke Rahl    Bells           HC      Ama       74             No           19          -            0
Vildecor      Celia           SC      Ama       59             Yes          52         43            0           -
ioupainmax    Durnik          SC      Paladin   52             Yes          50         42            -           -
Lord Molyb    Verisimilitude  SC      Ama       50             No           12          9            0         idk
Kitteh        Darozzo         HC      Druid     45             No            -          -            -           -
TrU           Henryk          SC      Barb      41             Yes           -          -           22          12
Gambit        Colossus        SC      Pal       39             Yes           0          0            0           0
Smancer       Smancer         SC      Necro     26             Yes           1          -            -           -
Ergroilnin    Erilinda        HC      Sorc      20             No            -          -            -           -
BKC           Poison_Vic      SC      Necro     12             Yes           1          1            -          2,5

The Fallen
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

Last edited:
I'm still plodding along with my Barb, currently running Countess and killing most of the stuff on the way. It's slow, because of my fairly pathetic damage, but I found a Bonehew for my merc so his damage makes up for my Barb's shortcomings. I was lucky enough to find several good runes already, I have Pul, Um, Ist, and Ohm. Now I'm looking for a 5os PB for a Grief base and/or a 4os eth Cryptic Sword for an Oath base. Athos doesn't have the Str to equip the elite two-hand swords, which makes things a little more difficult. Still, I think he's doing reasonably well for level 79. Progress is slow now because I don't enjoy the tentative, cautious play style required of a poorly geared HC Barb. Once I get at least an Oath weapon I expect my pace to pick up.

Current LCS:

View attachment 5053

Table Update:
Code:
Neksja        Aura            SC      Paladin   98.50          Yes        8606        464            -           -
Naturallog    Athos           HC      Barb      79             No           96         73            0           -
BKC           Poison_Vic      SC      Necro     12             Yes           1          1            -          2,5

The Fallen
Code:
Name (F)    Name (C)       SC/HC   Class   Level/exp   Extended Stash   #of S/U   Grail/504   #of deaths   # of Hours
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
coju        NintyNine_orRiP HC      Sorc      81             Yes           -          0            0         a few
TwentyMule  Valus           HC      Barb      76             Yes           -          -            1           -
Tenecabo    OldShatterhand  HC      Druid     49             Yes           -          0            1           -
coju        fB              HC      Sorc      29             Yes           1          1            0           2
Kitteh      Verallus        HC      Druid     26             No          N/A        N/A            0          N/A
logo        Rolex           HC      Barb      21             Yes           0          0            0           1

How are we on page 2?! Runners, get a grip!

So, huge update on Aura at least on XP wise. Halfway mark has now been reached, thanks to doing the Ancients quest this week in preparation of RFL Round 3 for cows. I know, Hammerdin is not the most efficient Cow runner, but I wanted to hunt for that Zod to finish a runedrop grail and I'm still 6 grailers behind @NanoMist and it would be amazing to nail down one or two Cow King Set items ;)

RFL Round 2 happened, not pleased with the results. I finished last of those who finished full 20hr set, landing a top 5 of Sur, Sur, Ohm, Ist and Ist. None of those runes have any use for Aura obviously. They are nice, but I doubt I'll use other than Ohm and Ist for rerolling CTA because what else I'm gonna with my runes?

Ancients Quest took me to 3.370bn, so I just ran the last 5mil at CS on /p5. No significant drops. Actually, none since my last update, except the Eth Titans I posted here already. I also found Eth Shaftstop, but it's already in one of my stashes and couldn't find it anymore for a readout :p

Aura's future plan is to hunt cows for the next 20 hours, then back to /p7 CS runs. I'll do some maths when I start running again for XP that how long I estimate it to take to get that last half a level.
[/QUOTE]

*Kuch, Kuch* i think you have the wrong contestants table sir *Kuch, Kuch*

*Kuch, Kuch* i think you have the wrong contestants table sir *Kuch, Kuch*

Yeah, the table linked above me looked a little off (didn't have my character in, Aura was listed with less XP than in a previous table) so I took an earlier table and tried to update it to be current. Oh and I messed up quoting it cause I'm bad at forums.

Cryptic for Oath because it has low Str requirement, I'm not adding more Str because Enigma will give me plenty when I get the runes for it (I found a beautiful 465 def 3os Dusk base) and I've already decided to do this old school and not use any respecs. We're talking 41 vs 45 average damage on a weapon I will only use until I make Grief, it's not a big concern for me.

okay shame i am no longer on the table, but apparantly it got mixed up somewhere, it is okay i will enter it later again.

Edit: maybe if i feel like it

Last edited:
Since my last post here 2 weeks ago I decided to farm Pindleskin for further leveling.
Tonight Qty finally reached level 93 :)
View attachment 5055

It went overall pretty smooth, it took me about 500 Pindle and about 100 Mephisto kills (which was very bad exp) to go from 92 to 93.
Only noticeable drop was a Vex from Pindle´s minnions.

View attachment 5056

Don´t really need it right now, since I already had 2 other Vex runes in my stash, so I cubbed it into an Ohm, to eventually craft CtA in the future.
Btw, it was already my second high rune from there, already got a Jah (my highest rune found on this char) from this place a few months ago.

Died once, which already hurt quite a bit, since 10% of leveling were about 2 hours of playtime for me. Luckily I risked it and got my corpse back, without any gear that was a pretty hard decision for me, but it turned out well.

For the further progress I´ll stay at Pindle for now. Exp is still pretty good, about 150k/run which will make it a little bit more than 1000 runs (if I don´t die) to reach 94. Even if the chances are low, I´m hoping for a Gripphon to go anywhere else, since I don´t really have other slots I can upgrade anymore. (No Infinity for me sadly)

Losing a Gripphon by dying hurts me even through reading @hasuprotoss :/ Good luck for recovering after this big loss!

Table Update:
Code:
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      93             No            -          -            -           -

The Fallen
Code:

Even if the chances are low, I´m hoping for a Gripphon to go anywhere else, since I don´t really have other slots I can upgrade anymore. (No Infinity for me sadly)

Losing a Gripphon by dying hurts me even through reading @hasuprotoss :/ Good luck for recovering after this big loss!

We are all hoping for a @Gripphon anywhere, since he helps us out so tremendously. So yeah, losing a Gripphon would really be terrible, since there is only one and one only. Have no fear though, there still is a Griffon to comfort us if it would ever happen.

Sorry, couldn't resist ;).

Congrats on the progress and the Vex. Try to get a CtA base asap, as the runeword will make your runs so much safer. Infinity makes a huge difference for a Lightning Sorc, so you might want to run LK or other areas in search for Sur or Ber runes.

Good luck !!

Code:
Reyz          Qty             SC      Sorc      93             No            -          -            -           -
BKC           Meteorbin       SC      Sorc      90             Yes           -          -            -           -

Reposted the table hopefully with everyone in it this time!

I dinged 94 last night but I am going to wait until I get home to update the chart. It should have been several days ago, but some stupid deaths along the way hurt me even though I did manage to get the corpse every time. From 92-93

I need to do something different in regards to leveling faster. Onviously, the longer you can wait on the ancients quest the more valuable the XP is, but I really want to do some Baal runs. My gear is definitely not optimal enough to do Baal or CS runs in a timely manner so maybe staying in the Pit and AT until I get what I need is the plan for now. At least I can get some XP there while MFing.

Congrats.

Not sure what more gear you need, but if it's rune related, hit up on LK, otherwise you should be good in AT or Pits, but maybe you want to shift gear somewhat to mf at times and do fast mf runs on /p1, just killing bosses.

I dinged 94 last night but I am going to wait until I get home to update the chart. It should have been several days ago, but some stupid deaths along the way hurt me even though I did manage to get the corpse every time. From 92-93

I need to do something different in regards to leveling faster. Onviously, the longer you can wait on the ancients quest the more valuable the XP is, but I really want to do some Baal runs. My gear is definitely not optimal enough to do Baal or CS runs in a timely manner so maybe staying in the Pit and AT until I get what I need is the plan for now. At least I can get some XP there while MFing.

Pits/AT is great up until 95 I found, then the difference between those areas and something like CS starts to diverge. You can always throw in some practice in the CS as well, especially since you're at the beginning of the level so no real loss of XP if/when you die. CS takes some getting used to before you can get efficient, so keep that in mind.

That said, if you don't like those runs then doing the Ancients and Baaling could be a better option if you enjoy it more. If I were you, I'd put the ancients off at LEAST until you can use them to ding 95. There's nothing worse than losing the essentially "free" XP to deaths, silly or otherwise (and you can continue to collect some gear in AT/Pits until then). Remember, this is about having fun too, and with the amount of hours you're going to put in to get to 99 you should focus on what you enjoy.

Congrats on 94 :)

Congrats to @Reyz and @darkstarhub on the levels. I don't have much to add as far as leveling advice. I can't remember if you found a Ber yet, but CoH made a big difference for Hiatus. So maybe some time in LK if you're still missing that piece of gear.

Mercy lost her Nihl map due to sloppy keyboarding :(. She did ~9.5 hours in RFL 3, with some grailers found along the way. She also made it past 98.25 and was only ~3 hours from 98.3 before the misclick during Cow runs.

I'll have little time this weekend because my parents are visiting, but hopefully will at least be able to reroll another 3 shrine map#3 with some spare minutes. Keep up the progress, everyone!

Ok - another week of going ham in LK. Still at ~95.25. As the pictures show I played alot and got a bit lucky as well.

View attachment 5072 View attachment 5073

So now I find myself with 5 x Pul, 5 x Mal, Ist, 4 x Gul, Vex, 3 x Ohm, 2 x Lo, 2 x Sur, Ber and Cham. I think the way to go is new CtA to replace the +2 one I have, a CoH and a Fort for merc to start. I think I'll wait a bit on the infinity - I'm really loving LK atm.
I'm open to suggestions on what to do with all this though, as I'm not used to having this many runes available.

Code:
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -

Ok - another week of going ham in LK. Still at ~95.25. As the pictures show I played alot and got a bit lucky as well.

View attachment 5072 View attachment 5073

So now I find myself with 5 x Pul, 5 x Mal, Ist, 4 x Gul, Vex, 3 x Ohm, 2 x Lo, 2 x Sur, Ber and Cham. I think the way to go is new CtA to replace the +2 one I have, a CoH and a Fort for merc to start. I think I'll wait a bit on the infinity - I'm really loving LK atm.
I'm open to suggestions on what to do with all this though, as I'm not used to having this many runes available.

Code:
ThomasJohnsen xInTheBuffx     HC      Sorc      95             Yes           -          -            -           -

Now you are getting rich sir :)

Now you are getting rich sir :)

A bit. I went a tad overboard with LK - but it didn't exist as a place to run on ladder and I've just come to love getting excellent charms, loads of crafting materials, loads of gems for rolling and high(ish) runes; all while drinking a cup of coffee and never getting below BO life. That's my kind of area. If only it gave exp as well I'd never go anywhere else.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High