The PvP Thread

@ffs very impressive char you got there. It's one of the most difficult chars to master for me, actually I find it so complicated that I never made any attempt even to plan this char.
I'm surprised that you only have ~2.5K hp (without oak), with MB it felt like 5K+.

Gratz! (y)

I'm in for this weekend

His life is relatively low because of the heavy dex investmenst for max block. But against the characters you guys played that's exactly where that pays off. ;) Also using 6 skillers because I had a bunch of lifers for him, so I figured it's worth going for some extra damage from inventory. Could increase life a little bit by reshuffling inventory... but ~4.9k with Oak feels comfortable.

Overall Windy is rather simple gameplay IMO. Spam tornado when offscreen, try to chainlock when on screen, recast if minions are down (especially Oak).

I'll be giving Ghost a proper try this weekend assuming we have games going on. Following a couple of tweaks she looks like this now:

Screenshot017.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Miron
Youmu's daughter :ROFLMAO:
I don't know what kind of fanfictions you read but wat and NO.

That being said, I agree that it looks nice. Glad to have someone to understand the game theory behind Ghosts <3 I'll be good guy and both host the games this weekend and play the role of prey for ffs. I'm just not sure what to take and play, but I'm leaning towards necro. They are great practice in general. @ffs if you have any specific matchup you'd like to try with her let me know.

Reactions: Miron
Won't be around at all this weekend, going away. Have fun all, I want to see those Youmu ear collections :)

Since ideally I'd like to have a couple of extra levels on her, maybe I should just start and level a new Sin, calling her "Mini_Youmu". :D

@frozzzen I'm fine with facing whatever character you feel like playing! I guess "properly playing Ghost" largely comes down to WW practice. So if you pick a char that lets me practice whirling, all the better. :)

How are things looking for you guys this weekend? Today plans are tight, perhaps I could only join for 1-2h at most though… Tomorrow (Sunday) should work. Since Monday is also a public holiday I should be available as well, although possibly busy later that evening.

Since you have 1-2h when roughly would it be best for you to start the games?

For tmw, I'll leave the game up but likely won't be able to join or will come very late.

Game up: down

I've set the game up a bit earlier because I have guests (Easter and all that) so will come later when this is over, not sure how long it will last. Meanwhile have fun.

Last edited:
Will join in about an hour, want to test new char (= die horribly and a lot).

Games down, tnx for joining.

Today's session affirmed my strong dislike for Bone Necromancers. Strong as all hell but you are always assuming defensive posture, always running away from fight and spamming stuff. It's tanky enough with recastable armor and minion stack for such a playstyle, but nowhere as tanky to stand toe to toe with majority of the builds out there, so you really want to keep away and chuck spirits at everyone. This kind of gameplay requires a lot of patience and I'm not patient enough to play this. Yes, you can drag stuff out and teleport around, predicting where people would be so they get hit by invisible bone spirits, but having to spend 4 minutes going trough all yours and opponents potions just to score spirit here and there really isn't my kind of gameplay. Only decent matchup is NvD, and we didn't have it at all.

If there's anyone enjoying Bone Necro gameplay plz let me know how you do this etc. I wanted to play him for ffs and others so they can play catch game a bit, but I'm going to completely ruin games for myself. Sry guys :(

I enjoy playing vs bone nec when I don't have a significant ping disadvantage. Even with ping its good with ES sorcs

Thanks for games everyone. Valuable lessons learned with Ghost. :D That was a rough crowd, versatile mix of builds. @Delsy that Trapper is nasty!

@frozzzen that super defensive Necro gameplay you're describing is more of an exception rather than the rule IMO. Yes against things like Ghost or Barb you can't just stomp without taking a huge risk, and in chaotic FFAs with big groups like yesterday there's also some caution required. But against most builds I feel it's just a matter of timing, at some point he will get oppotunities to get chainlock sequences going and that is super fun with that build, to me at least.

The key to having fun with necro is not to play defensive too much. He won't have winrate of tier 1 character anymore, but that is what can make him fun to play and, consequently, getting him killed often. Trapper will kill him, barb might kill him, ghost will kill him, hammer... such is a price to have fun playing him. Or, playing defensively, having good winrate and not so much fun.

I was also bored yesterday since I played him a bit too defensively not to get slaughtered too easily.

My advice is to make blizzsorc. She is pure fun ❤️

A bit late but game up in 5 min: EDIT: seems like nope.

Also if anyone is interested in having PvP games over next week we can think of something up considering Easter holidays and such.

Last edited:
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High