The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

Re: The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

They both are posting in the same manner as they did in the last round when they were mafia with me and Noodle. Laarz at least isn't usually that a) quiet or b) undecisive on his own.

I'd like to hear some new thoughts from both of them. Something that hasn't been said.

Ankeli, what are you trying to pull,I wasn't mafia with you three in the last game, I was town.

I told TC I wouldn't have alot of time for this game but I would do my best and he could sign me up if needed, sorry if i dont play up to your standards.

Vote Goryani
Currently an illegal vote you missed the ":" after Vote.

Uraj is the pot calling the kettle black. He makes almost no contribution, and then makes a post saying he doesn't like non contributors. On top of that he OMGUS votes Ankeli and plays almost exactly like he did last game, where he was scum.

Unvote: boogyman19946
Vote: Uraj
You can call it a OMGUS vote if you want, but I'm voting Ankeli because he is my top pick for scum. I can see your point on the non-contributors, I meant more than that I didn't have a read on them which includes Laarz, Marahumm, Leopold Stotch. PurpleGirl has atleast voted now. Though going to after lesser contributors is a double-edged sword you might get mafia or you might hit a power role. You'll note I voted Ankeli and not one of them. You also seem to have a selective memory according to my play style.

Could you list the possible major roles you came up with to cover 12 people and more?

Why do you specifically mention doc names? Given the possibility of infestation and/or recruitment, are you also infected and need a doc save?
I'm not sure listing the names for roles would help anyone other than scum.
I mentioned the Doc names specifically to point out how easy it would be for the mafia to figure out their role if we role claimed. I don't need a doc save.

Prediction: Someone will mention Occam's Razor to dispel this idea. Someone else will mention the nefariousness of our hosts. No real point here, maybe just some personal insight as to my thoughts on Occam's Razor.

I guess if someone is found to have a symbiote this might become an issue. Are you worried about such an event happening? Which side of Occam's Razor do you stand?
When I wrote that,everyone was talking about the Gua'ulds and symbiotes and I was just saying not all symbiotes were bad.

I think the simplest answers are usually the best

@Laarz - looking at the last mafia, I think Ank misremembered you with Loz.

Cheers Uraj for spotting my dodgy voting.

Vote: Goryani

The game specifically mentions 3 separate factions: Goa'uld, Lucien Alliance, and Wraith. Many people have expressed opinions of only two mafia groups.

Even with this many players, there is hardly room for more than two enemy factions. To me, three enemies seems within the realm of possibility, assuming one of them is a recruiting cult and does not kill. Three or more enemy factions that can kill during the night would be too many.

Currently, I don't think the Lucian Alliance is an enemy faction in this game. I believe they were only mentioned as an introduction, the way Zarniwoop is mentioned to have died after the battle seems to indicate this.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say the Goa'uld system lords are the most likely mafia. In the wiki, the Wraith sound more solitary, like a serial killer. If there turns out to be other villains around, I'll have to assume some of them were grouped together into a single mafia, despite them having little or nothing to do with each other.

Are you implying that Feysal's idea is so threatening to the mafia elements that they would do what they did to Falcon to Feysal?

I think he mixed up our names. It's happened before: Loz once confused me and Falcon in my first game, in this game boogyman has confused Flip and Falcon, Thyiad has confused me and Falcon... There does seem to be an awful lot of names being confused, considering all our names have in common is that they start with an F.

Day one is a guessing game. You can't spot scum on day one - anyone who says they can is a liar. It's all conjecture and feelings and nothing more than that. At least be honest enough to admit that.

Well, as Falcon already said, he has spotted mafia on day one. I for one admit that he's better at reading people than I am, not that we'd have any past experience we could use to read you. Of course the evidence is not going to be very strong on day one, but it is possible to find anti-towns based on the feelings and conjecture. Though it takes luck, too.

Leopold - I'm direct that's all my posts were. Additionally I have no interest in your underwear; post it in OT, I'm sure Dredd will be thrilled.

Leo being Leo, I think we'd all be concerned if there was no off-topic in her posts. There's always going to be some degree of unimportant or irrelevant stuff in mafia posts, we just have to deal with it.

We're all thinking we can't win already; why aren't we focusing on the potential power roles and how they can HELP?

I don't think focusing on power roles is going to do us any good, particularly not guessing who might have them. They certainly do what they can to help anyway, and they're better off protected by their anonymity.

@Feysal (111)- and I'm still not convinced that Zarni was killed by a Wraith weapon. Those weapons stun, they don't kill. If they kill, they can't feed. So until TC confirms that "Wraith Plasma Weapon" was a typo, I'm going to take it that the weapon may have Wraith tech base but was the SGC-created Plasma weapons. So we could have a Wraith ally and a SGC enemy.

Well, there have been typos in the story posts (Gua'uld, Lucien Alliance). The plasma weapon could be a mistake. We could have a Wraith who kills with a weapon if he is unable to feed from his target, who knows? However, the idea that the Wraith ally would be framed sounds a little far-fetched. That would mean the enemy had to know there was a Wraith ally.

Feysal you say Falcon can ask you if you're mafia and you'll answer truthfully. But you don't actually answer that question. :)

Aww, do I have to? I thought the implication was clear. Besides, does anyone ever claim to be anything but pro-town?

114 - very handy post count, cheers Feysal. No offence, but I'm ignoring your reads. I do that myself. :)

You do that. I am sharing my thoughts, both to sort them out and to leave a record of them should I be killed.

Feysal I'm not sure why you think most town allies are human. That's not the case in the series. Teal'c isn't human and neither are the Nox, the Asgard etc.

That idea was based on the majority of the main cast being humans. Sure there are friendly aliens and unfriendly humans, but on the whole, humans are the heroes, the protagonists in the series. I barely know what the Nox and the Asgard are. We could have two or three friendly aliens on our side, but I still think it more than likely that most of the town players are human.

Vote Goryani

Invalid vote, I'm afraid. Should be Vote: PlayerName, with the :.

I'm not really sure who to vote right now. Both Uraj and Laarz are defending themselves. When Uraj was caught last game, he pretty much disappeared. And in his first game as DEA agent, he didn't post all that much either.

"The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and the desires of the subconscious."

A bit over 3 hours left of this day. Vote tallies have been updated.

PS: For those who may not know. Vote tallies and other useful information can be found in the third post on the first page.

@Laarz - looking at the last mafia, I think Ank misremembered you with Loz.

Cheers Uraj for spotting my dodgy voting.

Vote: Goryani

Nah, I dont think so he does this alot.

K, well, with a little over 3 hours left, I'll secure a vote in for the most likely scum:

I'm not going to recite the reasons because they're the same as everyone's. PurpleGirl also seems dodgy with the blank vote for Ankeli and somewhat poor reasons for his vote. Everything I was going to say was mention, even the misspelled vote by Thyiad that was mentioned about a page or so later >.> If Uraj proves scum tomorrow, we can probably start questioning PurpleGirl.

That will be all >.> I'll try to check in later but for now, I'm going to play some Diablo :D

I think he mixed up our names. It's happened before: Loz once confused me and Falcon in my first game, in this game boogyman has confused Flip and Falcon, Thyiad has confused me and Falcon... There does seem to be an awful lot of names being confused, considering all our names have in common is that they start with an F.

I'm sure that reasonable explanation has happened before and will happen again. Mafia slip-ups also happen. It's better for the claimant of a potential slip-up to correct it themselves, lest some connection be drawn between the defender and defendee.

Well, there have been typos in the story posts (Gua'uld, Lucien Alliance). The plasma weapon could be a mistake. We could have a Wraith who kills with a weapon if he is unable to feed from his target, who knows? However, the idea that the Wraith ally would be framed sounds a little far-fetched. That would mean the enemy had to know there was a Wraith ally.

I caught the misspelling of Lucian/Lucien Alliance but not Goa'uld/Gua'uld. Nice catch. For what it's worth, there are 2 pages on the wiki with the incorrect Lucien spelling (that appear by searching Lucien, no other terms). One those same pages, there are multiple references to the correct spelling, Lucian.

Feysal - could you do me a favour please and give me a rough idea of where I confused you with Falcon? Then I can fix my notes. Cheers.

On FalconGK's headache,I read about "Goa'uld symbiote" in the wiki and saw nothing about headaches, but under Goa'uld technogly I found this

Hand Device – Also known as a "ribbon device", the hand device is a metal, glove-like object with a large red gem set in the palm.[17] It is the personal weapon of the Goa'uld and requires naqahdah in the bloodstream to operate.[3] They utilize a modified version of a staff weapon's power source channeled through amplification crystals, and are thought-controlled.[18] The hand device can generate a shockwave that throws back anyone in its path with great force.[17] The Jaffa attribute the Goa'uld ability to hurl people through the air as a sign of their divine power.[19] The hand device can also generate an energy stream to a person's head that causes severe pain and eventual death.[17] This function creates a mental link between Goa'uld and victim, which may allow the Goa'uld host to send a message through.[18] Hand devices can also be used to block zat blasts,[20] and have buttons on the wrist for controlling Goa'uld technology.[21][22]

This seems more likely to me

My apologies to Gorny and ThunderCat, but I feel I must withdraw from this game. There's just too many things going on irl that I have no time to spare. Sorry guys :(.

@Thyiad: it was in your first long post.

Feysal seems pretty hung up on other mafia games (posts 30 & 64 maybe more). You want to talk filler Ankeli go have a look at those.

So, so far we have:
Marahumm & Ankeli as mates
FalconGK & boogyman19946 as enemies
FalconGK spending more time talking about other mafia games than this one.

After that "hung up on other mafia games" comment, I thought the "talking about other mafia games" comment was supposed to be at me. Or did you really mean Falcon by that?

im having serious issues with the postings this game.

People: Can we PLEASE stop posting every SINGLE thing from SG universe in speculation? It is useless until we have actual information which we get from day kills and night kills in story form. Today we have information about possibly Wraiths and Gou'alds and some people thing replicators. thats it.

saying oh this and this and this and what about this, heres this maybe this? what about this? its extremely distracting and not relevant cause we have zero way of knowing what is in the game till we see roles of lynches and get stories from NK's. my two cents.

interested to see this role. Wanted to go a different direction than Uraj but its too late in the day now so whatevs. I think theres a chance Uraj cause be scum which is all you can really ask for on D1

edit to my above: I appreciate those who are posting info from SG and helping those of us who arent up to par on it, it HAS helped advance some parts of the game along, but the pure speculation stuff just isnt useful because we dont know what we are up against.

but when we do know (like from today with the 2/3 wraith goald repl.) bring it on, it helps!

and always since we are running out of time, I encourage people to lynch vs no lynch. any info is better than no info and we are up against the clock here.

Falcon in 30 and you in 64. Falcon quoting you in 30 obviously confused me. Thanks! Will update the notes.

I'm now wondering if all the mentions of Occams are codes. Could this be mafia identifying each other?

Well its a bandwagon vote, but you're right BA, a lynch is better than no lynch

Leopold - I'm direct that's all my posts were.

was just asking you some questions and about your thoughts. that is all.

Additionally I have no interest in your underwear; post it in OT, I'm sure Dredd will be thrilled. Incidentally, that's the type of unimportant stuff that gets posted when people insist on frequent postings (and post 90 was hardly a stunning contribution either).

that was completely ****ing tasteless and you know it. i guess the words "telling you in confidence" mean absolutely nothing to you, do they? funny because i was led to believe that they did.

Leo being Leo, I think we'd all be concerned if there was no off-topic in her posts. There's always going to be some degree of unimportant or irrelevant stuff in mafia posts, we just have to deal with it.

yeah, y'all deal with it or y'all kill me. and if y'all don't like playing with me because im nothing but a person who tries to get their post count up, you all know what to do with yourselves. ;) my choice of words right now is not worth getting banned for and you all seem to be competent. if you didn't want me to play, you guys should've let me know and i would've backed out.

edit: sorry, TC and Gorny, but im backing out as well. I'm vanilla townie. i'll leave it to TC and Gorny to reveal or not reveal who i am. frankly, you don't deserve it.

I agree With Bad Ash (and have already said it) - though I'm smarter than Ronon there's no way we could figure out what we are up against on D1.

We need players to vote and those voted on to defend themselves so we can sort this out.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High