The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

Re: The Don S. Davis memorial Stargate mafia game.

I dont think role claiming is a good idea at this point in the game, seems it may out power roles maybe.

On symbioytes, what of the Tok'ra ,I thought they helped the good guys,right?

Prediction: Someone will mention Occam's Razor to dispel this idea. Someone else will mention the nefariousness of our hosts. No real point here, maybe just some personal insight as to my thoughts on Occam's Razor.

I guess if someone is found to have a symbiote this might become an issue. Are you worried about such an event happening? Which side of Occam's Razor do you stand?

Is there such a thing as a wraith weapon in SG? A quick search in the wiki didn't yield much information unfortunately. Given that the hosts seem to be indicating that a wraith weapon was indeed used, and if you suspect that wraiths don't use such weapons, what other conclusions do you draw from this Flip?

I seem to remember them having energy based weapons that they used to kill and not just stun. I also think the it depended on whether they were fighting a battle versus when they were culling worlds for food(people) or taking prisoners to interrogate.

The game specifically mentions 3 separate factions: Goa'uld, Lucien Alliance, and Wraith. Many people have expressed opinions of only two mafia groups.

To anyone who supports the two anti-town faction viewpoint:
How would you explain the discrepancy?
Do you have evidence or arguments to support the non-existence of one of the mentioned factions? Do you have evidence to support the existence of only 2 factions? If so, which ones?
Do you have evidence or arguments to support enemies working together against the town?
Do you have evidence of arguments against enemies working together against the town?
If a fourth anti-town faction were mentioned in the future, would you be surprised? A fifth?

Less than 6 hours to go:

81 Ultima Votes Boogy
110 Ankeli Votes Uraj
112 Sath Votes Boogy
120 Uraj Votes Ankeli
123 Purple Girl Votes Ankeli

Is there such a thing as a wraith weapon in SG? A quick search in the wiki didn't yield much information unfortunately. Given that the hosts seem to be indicating that a wraith weapon was indeed used, and if you suspect that wraiths don't use such weapons, what other conclusions do you draw from this Flip?

I seem to remember them having energy based weapons that they used to kill and not just stun. I also think the it depended on whether they were fighting a battle versus when they were culling worlds for food(people) or taking prisoners to interrogate.

In my search I couldn't find evidence of a wraith killing weapon; only a stun-gun. If Uraj is correct I'm off base and stuck on fluff that doesn't matter to the game.

I guess we need to wait until further into the game to speculate on who we are up against - all these theories aren't helping the town decide who to lynch.

@ PurpleGirl - Why Ankeli? You voted with no explination?

I'm going to second the notion that FalconGK might have been implanted with a Goa'uld symbiote.

I'm also against roleclaiming. I've come up with enough possible major roles to cover 12 people and more than enough semi-minor and minor roles to cover the rest. Out of these the doctor role would obviously be one of Fraiser, Lam, Beckett or Keller.

Could you list the possible major roles you came up with to cover 12 people and more?

Why do you specifically mention doc names? Given the possibility of infestation and/or recruitment, are you also infected and need a doc save?

Ankeli most of your posts has been either filler or the same reply to topics that have already been covered that you criticize others for. I don't think you're being genuine with your claims of(you're acting like last game and that game you were mafia.) Noodle has post more often and more constructively this game. And I doubt you'd find my last game much different from the first two where I was Town. You also seem to be playing more cautiously this game which by your own logic would make you mafia like last game. The only bit of new info from you has been that Bad Ash and Noodle haven't interacted much with each other yet.

Vote: Ankeli

People who are iffy to me.

This doesn't sit right with me. Looks an awful lot like revenge voting.

Unvote: boogyman19946
Vote: Uraj

FalconGK - (post 79). Ugh numerical questions. No, not being bothered with that. You can make do with this reply: What I've said from the start is Day one is a guessing game. You can't spot scum on day one - anyone who says they can is a liar. It's all conjecture and feelings and nothing more than that. At least be honest enough to admit that.

And "we have 48 hours ... don't have time to sit and twiddle our thumbs" is a contradiction in terms. 48 hours is a lot of time. If you use it wisely. My view is something important is more likely to be missed if someone is posting too much. They're swamping you with non-relevent drivel. I'd rather have one or two posts to scrutnise than a dozen where you think "Ugh not them again" and skip/skim it. Or in my case, I add all the posts together in one huge wall of text. :D

Ah ultimabeam (post 81) if you're going to lynch boogy based on him misplacing a name, you'll be next in line for giving me an improptu gender reassignment. :D Points for being honest though and saying we have to pick someone and you're choosing not on strong evidence.

Post 82 - now I didn't see this as important on first read, I went back to it when it was quoted later in 110. Are you saying you're a power role boogyman? Or that you are a bomb that takes out other people if you're lynched?

Marahumm (post 84) - Your posts are so full of mistakes it's getting suspicious.

I posted on post 61 that I'm up, need to read and will be back later (BBL). Which I was with post 70. You didn't prod me into posting - because frankly no one is up to the task of making me do anything I don't want to. I'd said I'd make a considered post and I did. If you think 70 (and this) is insubstantial well ...

I don't make a post in 10 minutes. I do have other things to do. But hey, at least *I* do my own research and don't crib of everyone else. :)

Now I'm TELLING you this. I will not post on your demand. You'll get posts from me when I'm good and ready. Not before. You don't like that; lynch me.

Oh and here's an idea for you; I'm sure there's been previous games where people weren't allowed to post/had posting limited in some way.

Leopold - I'm direct that's all my posts were. Additionally I have no interest in your underwear; post it in OT, I'm sure Dredd will be thrilled. Incidentally, that's the type of unimportant stuff that gets posted when people insist on frequent postings (and post 90 was hardly a stunning contribution either).

Human Replicators rather than standard Replicators. Check out them probing the team in one episode and Fifth cloning Carter. Let's remember the Replicators were considered a bigger threat to the Asgard than the Goa'uld.

(Post 86) - I have to admit I don't remember Atlantis/later SG1 that well. The Oni bored me rigid and Ip referred O'Neill. I honestly don't recall Replicators in Atlantis, so I must have missed that series completely.

Oh Noodle (post 89) no please not Occam's. Next you'll be onto Pandoras Box and Murphy's Law. Ugh. Reasoning please, not tired cliche's. The simplest answer is we're all pro-town and I'm pretty sure that isn't the case judging by the dead body last night.

I'd thank you for the vote of support but those posts don't seem like you. Lacking their usual odd-ness. :p

post 100 - this might sound a tad odd considering this is a themed Mafia (and the only reason I signed up incidentally) but should we get TOO immersed in the fact it is themed. I did like the affiliation idea. That anti-SGC human count could indicate that the 'plasma' weapon was infact the SGC plasma weapon and not the Wraith stun guns.

Post 102 made me go Gateworld The Lucian Alliance. Interesting that the first thing that popped up was Jackson locking up Vala (who was usually on the side of the SGC) to prevent her trading away a valuable and dangerous resource. Ties nicely into the affiliation idea from Goryani (100).

Got to say post 107/108 regards Falcon's headache meaning he's under contol and could have killed Zarniwoop seems plausible.

I don't like the constant "we're under pressure from lots of anti-town groups" coming from Boogy (108) and Noodle (89). Propaganda from these two? We're all thinking we can't win already; why aren't we focusing on the potential power roles and how they can HELP?

Ankeli - 110. If I don't have time to post something properly (EG post 70 or this post) then I tend to at least say "I'm alive". That's my style. I also use my big posts as a refresher rather than go through everything. I can't comment on how other people played in previous games (113) because I wasn't there and I'm far from inclined to go trawling through the thread. :D

I don't see the point of voting for people who aren't posting. Well, I do but why not let TC mod-kill them for inactivity? That we, we still get to keep our votes?

@Feysal (111)- and I'm still not convinced that Zarni was killed by a Wraith weapon. Those weapons stun, they don't kill. If they kill, they can't feed. So until TC confirms that "Wraith Plasma Weapon" was a typo, I'm going to take it that the weapon may have Wraith tech base but was the SGC-created Plasma weapons. So we could have a Wraith ally and a SGC enemy.

Feysal you say Falcon can ask you if you're mafia and you'll answer truthfully. But you don't actually answer that question. :)

114 - very handy post count, cheers Feysal. No offence, but I'm ignoring your reads. I do that myself. :)

Now 115 from Goryani had me go and check out "Wraith can't feed on just anyone" because I read it as "Wraith can't feed on every human" when I thought that was wrong. Now the fascinating thing I found was The Seer where a previously imprisoned Wraith went to Atlantis to help with the fight against the Replicators. Now the SGC was responsible for the virus that caused the Replicators to attack the Wraith. But the Replicators cunning plan is to kill the humans on which the Wraith feed. Now is THAT devious enough for Gorny/TC? I think it could be. More info here.

So we have a Wraith (or someone who is usually an enemy) being framed (per dead Zarni) who is actually here for help with the Replicators/other faction?

So yes, Zarni could have been an alien (116) in fact he could have been killed by a member of the SGC (anti town faction) who didn't like the idea of a Wraith on board.

Feysal I'm not sure why you think most town allies are human. That's not the case in the series. Teal'c isn't human and neither are the Nox, the Asgard etc. The Tok'ra do help the SGC sort of but clearly have their own agenda which over rules anyone else's interests. However, Colonel Frank Simmons is human as is Senator Robert Kinsey and neither were friendly to the SGC.

So Zarni could have been an alien, but it doesn't follow he was anti-town. (Although I appreciate that above I said his race could be usually.)

Orphans posts aren't reading right to me. (117/118/56) He's normally very good at research but here he's doing an ankeli and mara of "please can you go find this info for me". It doesn't sit right and I have to admit I don't like it from any of them. He really isn't seeming like himself.

And I note it was Orphan in post 56 who first mentioned 2/3 anti town roles. This has been picked up by Noodle (sort of in 29 with his Prophecy of Doom Proclamation) and boogy (83).

I'm don't like Goryani's post 121. Someone already has mentioned Occam's (Noodle) and someone else mentioned Gorny/TC being devious (can't find the post at the mo). Could Occam's be a code? Is Goryani asking Laarz if he want's a symbiot in order to survive? (As per Carter's father.)

Post 125 - thanks for the vote count Flip10thMan, although I see it's changed. :D

Post 126 - Even the Wraith ships use beaming technology to collect humans for food. Goryani can you link to where you find Wraith killing weapons please?

Post 127 - Goryani are you fishing for roles?

Conclusion:

People who seem to be waaaaaaaaay out of character right now:
Noodle and Orphan

Others I wouldn't mind being lynched:
Goryani, Marahumm and Leopold

Yes, there's plenty of other candidates (the Trappist monks and people who post a lot without really saying anything) but those are my favourites right now.

I may not be able to vote later, so I'm going to do it now.

Vote Goryani

Mara tried that last game and it didn't fly and it's even more flawed now. Just don't. It's not worth pursuing you for this as I doubt you'll start the next day unscathed, with your headache and all.

A lot of people are distancing themselves from any knowledge on the stargate universe, even though most said so in the sign up thread they're saying so again.

So you wanna pick someone with one or two posts out of 18 and hope you catch a mafia? Nice logic there. How about we lynch you and actually find something about.

Are you implying that Feysal's idea is so threatening to the mafia elements that they would do what they did to Falcon to Feysal? Does this mean you have knowledge of what exactly happened to Falcon?

@ PurpleGirl - Why Ankeli? You voted with no explination?

a number of reasons actually-

He was very aggressive last time. This time he isn't. He is mixing up his play style to cover his behind.

Frankly I don't know :dontknow: who else to vote for.

I don't want to be the "Little Wifey Tool" for Falcon and just auto vote his vote.

I feel jealous that he lives in a country that has a fun Mid-summer holiday, and he has a cabin.

And I have a really BIG GRUDGE!! To sum it up, I am petty and cruel.

FalconGK - (post 79). Ugh numerical questions. No, not being bothered with that. You can make do with this reply: What I've said from the start is Day one is a guessing game. You can't spot scum on day one - anyone who says they can is a liar. It's all conjecture and feelings and nothing more than that. At least be honest enough to admit that.

Nope, you are the liar. I can and have spotted scum day 1. Caught nurman D1 in Futurama mafia because of a change in his play style, a whimsical non-committal attitude, and his not wanting a lynch when clearly a lynch was the best thing for town. You apparently think each game is separate from the others, but they aren't, there is a meta-game as well, were we get a feel for each others personalities, and we can make reads of people based on the difference in there play from one game to the next. The fact that you refuse to answer my questions makes you scummy. Why does them being numbered cause a problem? You aren't today's lynch though. Uraj is.

Uraj is the pot calling the kettle black. He makes almost no contribution, and then makes a post saying he doesn't like non contributors. On top of that he OMGUS votes Ankeli and plays almost exactly like he did last game, where he was scum.

Unvote: boogyman19946

My work here is done. Off to the city.

And "we have 48 hours ... don't have time to sit and twiddle our thumbs" is a contradiction in terms. 48 hours is a lot of time. If you use it wisely.

Using the time wisely was my whole freaking point. Sigh...

Can you shed some more light on this religious stuff? I've read the wiki but want to make sure I catch everything.

I'm not the most knowledgeable about the Ori, all I know about them comes from the wiki. The Ori are a race of ascended beings from another galaxy. They seek to convert everything to their religion called Origin, with themselves as the gods. In the Ark of Truth movie, the Ori were destroyed, and the Ark of Truth was used to convince the priors of the Origin religion that the Ori were false gods.

Before the game started, I read about the two movies and series TC had mentioned as sources for the game, and wondered whether the Ori could be a cult. The Ark of Truth would, in mafia terms, be a power role that could undo the conversion of a cult member.

All of this is just speculation, we've had no indication about there even being Ori in this game.

Nope, you are the liar. I can and have spotted scum day 1. Caught nurman D1 in Futurama mafia because of a change in his play style, a whimsical non-committal attitude, and his not wanting a lynch when clearly a lynch was the best thing for town. You apparently think each game is separate from the others, but they aren't, there is a meta-game as well, were we get a feel for each others personalities, and we can make reads of people based on the difference in there play from one game to the next. The fact that you refuse to answer my questions makes you scummy. Why does them being numbered cause a problem?

Logic passed you by didn't it?

How can you tell my style from previous games when you haven't played in a Mafia game with me.

How can you tell I'm out of character when you don't even frequent the SPF and could recognize my sytle that way.

You couldn't read me if my posts were in Braille.

I'm not going to play YOUR game. I'm not answering your inconsequential drivel numbered or not.

Trying to get everyone to run around after you is classic Mafia. So that's you, Ankeli, Orphan, Gory and Mara. :)

Oh and Falcon enjoy your time out. :)

Actually I just realized FalconGK is the guy with the headache. So he's probably anti-town anyway. Or dead tomorrow.

And of that HUGE post, that first bit was the only bit you can comment on? Jesh you have a really short attention span, don't you. Is it a result of the headache?

-5 hours to go

81 Ultima Votes Boogy
110 Ankeli Votes Uraj
112 Sath Votes Boogy
120 Uraj Votes Ankeli
123 Purple Girl Votes Ankeli
128 Sath unVotes Boogy
Sath Votes Uraj
129 Thyaid votes Gory
132 Falcon U/V boogy
Falcon V Uraj

Thanks for the explination P/G on voting Ank - I'm in the same boat as you not knowing where to vote!

We do need to get things rolling so:

Mostly due to the revenge vote on Ankeli

Flip10thMtn - I'll start copy/pasting your handle if you do the same for me.

Mine is only six letters could you please get them in the right order? Thanks.

oops!

I'd edit if I could - so sorry!

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High