The Cloning Machine Mark IV- Summer OT thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As to Superdave, Cattleya, Cannon Fodder, and Webdragon Since they were still alive when the last game ended due to the forums going down, they are given a 24 hour pass protecting them from attack. They are however killable via Booby trap!

1) You may only kill your target or your assassin if you can figure out who he is. If you guess at your assassin and guess wrong the kill attempt will fail and you will be disqualified.
Conceptualization: Your target is the person whom the voices in your head most want dead and whom you have the best chance of killing in secrecy. Likewise, your assassin is assumed to have a chance to get you alone and so, if you're good enough, you can kill him instead of the other way around. If you try to kill anyone else you miss and are locked up as a madman.

2) You make a kill by quoting your target's post, and only your target's post, not including what your target has quoted from a previous post and appending the kill phrase "In the end there can be only one!" Once you have made a kill attempt immediately post a link to the attempt in the death announcement thread. A coordinator will confirm your kill. If it is successful you will be PMed a new target. If it is not, your target will know who you are and may kill you when he has the opportunity. A kill attempt fails if: the kill phrase is incorrectly reproduced, the quoted portion of the post has been altered, there is an edit tag on the kill post, or there is anything in the kill post other than the kill phrase and the quoted post.

2b) Killing on kill posts is out. No kill attempts may be made on a kill attempt post. A kill post counts towards the number of posts per day rule. Also when quoting a post to make a kill attempt, you must only quote the post of the person you are trying to kill. No including whatever the person you are quoting had quoted. Kill attempts will fail on this.

3) If you use a "booby trap" in the first post of a thread you created and your target posts in that thread then he is dead. Post a link to the thread in the deaths announcement thread and explain that your target fell to a booby trap. Booby traps are assumed to require regular maintenance and may be set at any point in time and do not outlive their maker, booby traps may keep on killing new targets as long as the creator of the trap lives..
Conceptualiztion: You've set a trap in some out of the way place for your target. If he's foolish enough to walk into it it will certainly prove fatal.

3b) The Booby Traps are: Booby Trap, Enigma, Zod Rune, Socket, .

4) If you include a "poison dagger" in a post and your assassin subsequently tries to kill you by quoting that post but neglects to edit out the poison dagger then your assassin dies rather than you. This is the only case in which editting your target's post is allowed, and then you may only edit out the poison dagger tag.
Conceptualization: You're a paranoid bastard so you're always ready for an attack. If the guy who's after you fails to sneak properly you'll stab him in the eye in a heart beat.

4b) The Poison Daggers are : Poison Dagger, Heartcarver, The Diggler, Breath of the Dying, "

5) The special tags "booby trap" and "poison dagger" or the DII versions if used, must appear in the body of your post or be in some way detectable from said post, must be in correct english and must be consecutive. Poison dagger must somehow be detectable when the post is quoted in order to be effective. The tags may be capitalized as needed, but no other alteration is permitted. A poison dagger of someone else's that you quote will not affect your assassin.

6) The game is restricted to the Community Forum**.

7) The Death Announcements thread, the Forum Assassin Discussion thread, and the Help thread are holy ground.

8) You must have three posts in any given twenty four hour period or you will be disqualified. This means three dangerous posts; in the Community Forum but not in one of the safe threads. If you suspect your target is not posting, bring it to the attention of the coordinators. Over the weekend it's 2 posts only. The game suspends on July 4th.
Conceptualization: If you don't post enough that's a sign that the stress has gotten to you and the nice men in white coats will come to pick you up.

8b) Concering forum crashes, site down time, etc.
In the event that the forums are down for some reason, the game will continue where it left off when the forums go back up. No DQ's for this.

9) The game begins as of the timestamp on the Death Announcements thread. Posts made before that time cannot be targeted and cannot carry any of the special tags. Players will recieve their first targets slightly before the Death Announcements thread goes up and should be careful not to jump the gun.

10) No using the search feature. Get out there and post.

11) The winner shall be the first player to win. There can be only one.

12) Stealting is optional to those that posess the ability.

13.) Rule as to myself, Dredd and Cattleya:

Since we are mods, and will have to do our jobs ... we are exempt from kill attempts with doing somthing a mod has to do, I.E. giving a warning.

14.) Poision daggers/booby traps in links, etc.: Still allowed.

15) **The game is also vaild in the Pal and Newcommer forums, with a twist People wishing to post there may choose to make one (1) and only one (1) post in each of those forums in a given 24 hour time period a safe post, even though it still counts towards the post limit. The phrase "I pray to Fercil for Protection..." must be included in that post.

16) The Sith Assassin and Ghost who walks.
They will not be in this round, as I have not worked out how they work. they will likely appear in Round 4.

17) Death Writeups/choice of weapons and items.
Currently RevenantsKnight is doing writeups. One other person may also do this. Feel free to play this as dramatic as you like. Pick any item you like.

19) Saving throw/counter atack. New twist here. If your assassin quotes you and tries to kill you, you can counteratack and kill your assassin with a kill post. The catch is that your counter must be within 2 minutes of the accack on you. I.E attack at 7:00, counter adn 7:00 or 7:01 not 7:02 or later. If it's too late, you are still dead. If successful, then you live and you and your assassin can hunt each other. Only the person being attacked can counter. The assassin may not counter a counter.

Good Luck

/Fight!

I still haven't finished sending out the target PMs. :lipsrsealed:
Give me another half hour so so. Damn 60 seconds required between sending out PMs. :grrrr:

Evrae Altana said:
I still haven't finished sending out the target PMs. :lipsrsealed:
Give me another half hour so so. Damn 60 seconds required between sending out PMs. :grrrr:

I know, it took me that long too.

Ok, I've finally finished sending out the target assignments.

The picks were completely random by me(done by picking numbers out of a minimuffin basket I just happened to have lying on my desk). Some of you may be happy with your target; some of you may be dissapointed you won't have the chance to kill the person of your choice. But whatever the targets, in the end there can only be one!

I hope I didn't do a major screwup somewhere. :hanky:

Evrae Altana said:
But whatever the targets, in the end there can only be one!

I hope I didn't do a major screwup somewhere. :hanky:
In the end there can be only one! :thumbsup:
It is a failed kill attempt if someone misquotes it.
Tri your dead. Sorry, game over man.

KyubiNaruto said:
In the end there can be only one! :thumbsup:
Bah!
The way I typed it would sound more natural if you were to actually say it. :tongue:

It's the mother of all emo monsters!
BLOGGERA!!

*ahem*

Sorry, I had to post that somewhere...

TurbulentTurtle said:
Hey guys, go check out my intro thread!
You're in it Ash :wink3:
Replied AND signed! :wink3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value