TC3 Hunting Tournament Winter 2022 - Sign-Up and Running Thread

and Coldcrow yields Biggins Bonnet. Got so excited when I saw the gold cap that I just grabbed it and brought it back to camp. Not only that but it is actually the best cap I've found.

Attachments

• Screenshot (31).png
    Screenshot (31).png
    596.3 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: AntiRush
One Trapper done. Wasted lots of time doing unnecessary things at wrong time. Next Char in !

m4ke

Started my first entry - dragon tail assassin running Andy. I decided to wait until the new patch is final, so this is on current release D2:R.

2 hours in I've gotten the cube and have a decent map for andariel. Still need a few more gem shrines, but things are coming along.

I found a nice non-tc3 unique which is just perfect for this character

crushflange.png

5 hours in and I've reached the inner cloisters. I started out doing full clears up trough the stony field, but have switched to clearing what it take to get where I want to go which was the inner cloisters so I could get at Bone Ash. at this point I'm going to start recyling the super uniques and see what happens. I ran through them when I started up tonight and low and behold Coldcrow coughed up another TC3 - This time the Set Cap Infernal Cranium. That's 2 for2 from her.

Attachments

• Screenshot (33).png
    Screenshot (33).png
    855.7 KB · Views: 3
Count me in! I will go for a paladin. As MP is not possible for D2:R, is the -resetofflinemaps command permitted for this tournament?

-----------------------
art_vandelay
lizard
Friiser
Lou B
Nano
Swamigoon
Nona
m4ke
Grisu
AntiRush
Kruemelmonschda
-------------------------

Regards,
Kruemel

Reactions: art_vandelay
Count me in! I will go for a paladin. As MP is not possible for D2:R, is the -resetofflinemaps command permitted for this tournament?
That is a good point I didn't think about. I see no reason to not allow it, as it would massively impact D2R players if they had to start a new character to get a new map. So yeah, it is perfectly fine to use it!

Reactions: Kruemelmonschda
Almost 3.5 hours in, got the cube, cubed a Savage Halberd I am using on my barb (level 20 now) and have 3 steps from Dark Woods WP to Treehead Woodfist. Only problem are the Topazes. Got one perfect one (Normal from Andy, two shrines), but shrine hunting isn't a very good options with my maps, unless I give up on the good Treehead Map...decisions, decisons...

Thinking about it, Barb with Find Item probably isn't the most efficient way of doing this...he doesn't have a skill to speed him up till level 24 and isn't the best Andariel runner either.

Funny thing is, that with the new Cow King rule, if you are really hunting for TC3s, he (she?) is the best target to run, but we can't run them in this tournament :)

I always wanted to make a Polearm Barb though and I like doing something else with this tournament.

Reactions: Kruemelmonschda
Time on my Paladin is only 8 1/2 hours at this point. Decided to go tio plkayere 1 and get the cube as quickly as possible. Have it now and Andariel droppe a rare ring with 12% MF. Also did some gambling to see if I could get one of the TC3 to drop. No such luck yet , but did get a pair of leather gloves with 25% MF.

About 10 hours in with Sorc, hoping for a strong finish in the remaining 5 hours!

Started as CB/Static/Nova Sorc in the beginning for progression/leveling, then respec'ed into Firewaller to run Andy.

Gear:
+2 Fire Wall Leaf Staff
2 PTopaz Helmet
Stealth
10 FCR/14 MF Rare Amulet
10 FCR/9 MF/8 Mana Rare Ring
30 MF Nagel
Hsarus Belt
25 MF Gloves
28 MF Boots

154 MF Total (with a possible 254 MF on weapon swap if I were to have a Gull dagger, but I can't confirm I do.)

I like running Stealth on Sorc, so I stayed with that instead of gem shrine farming for 3 additional P Topazes in a body armor. It took almost 15 minutes to shop that +2 Fire Wall staff from Drognan. Not sure it was worth it since I don't think the extra damage was necessary.

Some random tips for those running:
-Shop up to 25 MF gloves or boots at Elzix, reset shop with WP or sewers.
-Gamble boots for 26-35 MF (affix lvl 26) or 20 FRW (affix lvl 22).
-Run Andy for Nagels. She can also drop Hsarus boots for 20 FRW.
-3 Chipped Gem Recipe on Staves for a chance at teleport charges, otherwise sell for 10k gold. Level 24 requirement. Nice shortcut at Catacombs 4 for non-Sorc characters, but repair cost is not cheap.
-Along with Stealth, Zephyr bow can also be another source of FRW.

About 10 hours in with Sorc, hoping for a strong finish in the remaining 5 hours!

Started as CB/Static/Nova Sorc in the beginning for progression/leveling, then respec'ed into Firewaller to run Andy.

Gear:
+2 Fire Wall Leaf Staff
2 PTopaz Helmet
Stealth
10 FCR/14 MF Rare Amulet
10 FCR/9 MF/8 Mana Rare Ring
30 MF Nagel
Hsarus Belt
25 MF Gloves
28 MF Boots

154 MF Total (with a possible 254 MF on weapon swap if I were to have a Gull dagger, but I can't confirm I do.)

I like running Stealth on Sorc, so I stayed with that instead of gem shrine farming for 3 additional P Topazes in a body armor. It took almost 15 minutes to shop that +2 Fire Wall staff from Drognan. Not sure it was worth it since I don't think the extra damage was necessary.

Some random tips for those running:
-Shop up to 25 MF gloves or boots at Elzix, reset shop with WP or sewers.
-Gamble boots for 26-35 MF (affix lvl 26) or 20 FRW (affix lvl 22).
-Run Andy for Nagels. She can also drop Hsarus boots for 20 FRW.
-3 Chipped Gem Recipe on Staves for a chance at teleport charges, otherwise sell for 10k gold. Level 24 requirement. Nice shortcut at Catacombs 4 for non-Sorc characters, but repair cost is not cheap.
-Along with Stealth, Zephyr bow can also be another source of FRW.
Thanks for the tips!!

I have my pally up and running…I’m planning on an untwinked hammerdin in the end and so won’t be optimized for this. I have just over 3 hours in and am planning on grabbing the cube next. Not a single set or unique yet 😕…on the up side have quite a few chipped topazes, and waypoints right next to rakinshu, the SU shaman in the cold plains, and a very fast layout for the countess. Andy map isn’t great. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: Swamigoon
I got some running in with a pure fire sorc. I went all /players8 through the cube and am sitting on level 23 after running around a bit. Mana is an issue, and my map is fairly bad. I might try that map thing to reset it until I find a good one. Happy TC3's hunting :)

Mee too - thanks for the Tips, Nano! It's paid off for me already. My amazon found a 10% MF "felicitous" magic ring while questing to get the cube. Then, after just four minutes of shop/sewer/repeat at Elzix, my amazon obtained 23MF gloves and 16MF boots. Five Andy runs later she got a 22% Nagelring, rocketing her MF up to 71! Now I just hope she will continue to get lucky with topazes and gem shrines.

(I got a little cross-eyed when I read Nona's thank-you post - was that Nano thanking Nona or Nona thanking Nano?)
[edit: goof]

Last edited:
Fire Trapper Assassin the Second Edition and Horking Double Swing Barb done. They failed miserably :p

m4ke

Paladin done. I think I learned some things for the next guy up, but that won't be till next week. First, it's been a long time since I stayed untwinked this long. I usually start adding stuff around level 10 and I finished at level 23.

At the end I was running with 102 MF. Not that many TC3 items found and 3 of one. The good news is that I did find half of my missing self-grail TC3s.

Some interestiong drop statistics and like most Diablo reports they don't look normally distributed. Ran 13 super uniques and a spot just outside the the way point in the second catacombs where there was always a boss pack of tainted that did drop TC3 items. The weird part was that all of my finds came from Coldcrow, Treehead Woodfist and the tainted pack.

Never did run across a gem shrine and didn't really go looking for one. Topaz drops were the rarest with emerald and amethysts being heavily in abundance.

Also found three non TC3 unique and set items - Axe of Fechmar, Stoutnail and Cleglaw's Claw

Reactions: Swamigoon
Alright, tourney friends...I could use some input. I currently have a pretty sweet map that allows me to run Treehead, rakinishu and bishibosh in under 30 sec. My lvl20 pally has 66% MF. If I add Tristam it increases the run times considerably but usually it is worth 2+ boss/champion packs and Grissy. Boneash is pretty fast too. Andariel is out, not a great map and my pally doesn't kill her very fast. Countess is another option. usually plenty of bosses on my fairly concise map. How would you approach optimizing things...drops per minute perhaps? Also how long do you spend shopping? I think upgrading my gear would help, but that would cut into my time killing critters. A little over 4.5 hours in and finally getting some green and gold to fall. I have been surprised at the number of times bishibosh drops the same item ...Also which of the typical targets can drop tarnhelm?

Last edited:
I'd shop Gheed, and Charsi and gamble with Gheed for plain gloves and boots and maybe amulets. if you just want MF items and I think that about all you need. three soclet armor can be purchased from Fara.

I had LOUSY maps for just about every thing except Coldcrow. the cave split and she was at the short end of the Y. Andariel is a waste for TC3 items anyway.

Took about 1:11h to get to the cube (lvl 20). I ran countess from level 6 to 15 to collect Stealth and Leaf and saved two Tals for a Poison Polearm for my merc, which was a waste honestly, because I am killing everything faster anyways. It took me a while to get to 24 in Stony Tomb, while I stocked up on Topazes. After I dinged 24 I had 2 chipped, 2 flawed and 1 normal Topaz from Andy, thank god for the andy drop, otherwise the prospects would have been grim. I saved all the jewelry for cubing and did about 5 Countess runs to find 2 Rals, so I could cube an Ort for a Zephyr.

Next I spend some time shopping and cubing. Elzix and Fara gave me 24% MF Gloves and Boots after a while. The jewelry cubing netted me 1 24% MF ring and I also tried to reroll a staff, but could not get Teleport charges, yet.

My attempts to find a good Andy map were fruitless (seriously, running Andy without teleport sucks, and I could not find a map with under 40+ seconds of running just to get to Cata lvl4), so I decided to do Rakanishu, Treehead and Boneash runs. On the way I checked 4 shrines nearby the waypoints for Gem Shrines. It took me about 1h to cube/upgrade 2 PTopazes. There was a loooong dryspell in the beginning, until I found 4 shrines within 10 minutes of each other.
I am 3+ hours in now and set up to run Rakanishu, Treehead and Boneash, I might check if the Smith is close to the WP to incorporate into the rotation.

Rakanishu might be dropped out of the rotation, because his flee is quite annoying and he is a bit out of the way.

So far I have not found any TC3s but a couple of other Uniques and two set belts (Arctic and Hsaru's) with about 120% MF. I'll continue to check shrines on the way (2) and see If I can get enough for a chest piece, even though I would loose the 25% FRW from Stealth, but the boost in MF would be worthwhile i think.

I'll also try and get the run counter going now that I am properly running.

Reactions: Nano
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High