Signup: Big Trouble in Little China Mafia.

The Silver Shroud

May 25, 2016
View attachment 5838
You may /in here.

Game start: at least a week plus. (Unless someone decides they want to host or we have a two to co cost then I will step down.)

This game will be themed. Rules will be disclosed on game start.

Alas, work means I will have to miss this possibly most excellent theme for a game. I look forward to reading it though.

Do you have a gun I hope?

I'm still thinking about whether I can commit to it or not, but I'd like to. /thinkingaboutit

Update: Currently talking to Leo about co hosting, we may co mod or I may help set the game up and then play it and she will host.

Will update as soon as I have info.

What time of day, which time zone are we talking about here?
Edit: Never mind just realized this wasn't coop play, I'm out.

Last edited:
What time of day, which time zone are we talking about here?
Edit: Never mind just realized this wasn't coop play, I'm out.

I think you might be a bit confused. This is a forum based game and not a game involving any sort of DII game play. CO-OP it totally is, but it's a lot more complicated than simple co-op play.

Copied from my post in the SPF thread:

For those that haven't played Mafia games before and are unsure of what it is and how it works, its a forum based game that has nothing to do with Diablo, and it's been played here for a long time. A few helpful links:

What is Mafia?
Flash guide to how the basic game of mafia works. - Very Helpful
Role Descriptions Flash
General FAQ about the game

The Community Forum Mafia Game Statistics Thread, with links to past games.

Some Links to more recent games:
https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/community-forum-mafia-game-corruption-in-baltimore.944068/

https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/the-return-of-bad-ash-vs-noodle-mafia-game.944948/

https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/the-death-and-rebirth-of-forum-mafia.931548/

Q: Where/how is this game played?

A: Here on the forums in a thread specific to the game, posted on game start.

Any other questions, if interested ask here or in Community's thread.

[highlight]Specific points this game:

Flavor knowledge of the movie Big Trouble in Little China recommended.

Day/night period starts will be in the evening, CST. Most Likely 8 or 9 PM. This will give me time to resolve night actions and finalize vote counts.

Leopold Stotch may be co modding this with me.

Full rules will be posted on game start, but in general rules are like this:

Sample Rules:

(Please note some rules have changed)

***Roles have been randomly assigned by Advanced Random Generators Shell: MafiaScum Random Generator***

****Night actions will be resolved via Reasonable Action Resolution.

1. Talk about your role and this game is strictly prohibited outside of the game
thread until it is over (with the exception of designated QT pages).

2. Do not post in the game thread during the night phase. Any post within a few minutes after the end of the day will be ignored. Any post made after that, will result in a mod kill of the poster. Repeated posts during the night phase will also result in a mod kill.

3. Editing, for any reason will result in a mod kill.

4. Any story given regarding lynches and kills is for flavor only.

5. Once you're dead, stay that way. Dead people tell no tales, or in this case, dead
people make no posts.

6. Every player gets one lynch vote during the day unless told otherwise in their role
PM. Votes and unvotes need to be bolded. This forum does not have vote tags.
If your vote or unvote isn't bolded, it doesn't count
and please try to put it at the bottom of your post.
Capitalization or proper spelling of one's name is NOT REQUIRED, however, it must be
clear who you are voting for; please try to avoid nicknames. Unvoting is required to vote someone else.

Example:
Vote: Leopold Stotch (Correct)
Unvote: Leopold Stotch (Correct)

Vote: Leopold Stotch (Incorrect, not bolded)
Unvote: Leopold Stotch (Incorrect, not bolded)

V or v: Leo (Incorrect, the entire word Vote needs to be there)
UV or uv: Leo (Incorrect, the entire phrase Unvote or Un Vote needs to be there)

7. Lynching requires the majority of players to vote for the same player. That is, half of the remaining number of players +1 rounded down. A lock occurs when someone with enough votes to be lynched receives another vote, and will be lynched at the end of the day (cannot be unvoted).
Twilight - Begins when a majority is reached and lasts until I post the flip and declare night. You're still alive until I flip you so you can talk in this game thread until then, but no votes or unvotes will be counted.

8. If you have any issues with your role, or any other player, please PM me
in order to find a resolution. Please don’t suicide or do anything rash before
contacting me. Please wait for a response; it might take me a few hours but I will
respond. I'm normally at work during the US workday from 7am - to approx 6PM CST. While I do keep an eye out via smart phone, I wont be doing the bulk of the game modding until I am home in the evening.

9. Any player may claim any role. I.E. Any player may claim to be something that they
are not. For example, I claim to be innocent of (almost) all charges.

10. Do not post any information sent to you in a pm by the host. This includes, but is
not limited to, numbers of words/letters/punctuation marks. If you want to claim a
role, don't copy paste the PM I sent you.

11. Day lasts 48 hours and night lasts 24 hours. The game starts with a 48 hour day
phase. The first day will be an extra hour long and will end on Monday 06/19/2017 at 9PM CST, that's just over 48 hours from now. As to night actions, please get them to me ASAP during the night. You may change your mind about your night action up until one hour before the start of day. I will always use the most recent night action submitted in resolving the night.

12. You will get mod killed if you are inactive (at least 2 contributive posts per day
phase required to be considered "active" ).

13. If you are (temp) banned from the site itself, you will also be mod killed.

14. If you cannot continue playing the game for any reason, PM me beforehand
to find a solution.

15. Read the rules and your role PM once more. Have Fun! Good luck! May the best team
win.

16. Behavior - Please don't take anything said during the gamethat may be directed at you as a personal attack, it's the way this game is played. Rivalries (such as the infamous Noodle vs. Bad Ash rivalry) are fine. It's all in the spirit of the game. Don’t be a ****. This is a heated game but below the belt attacks will not be tolerated. Attack the play not the player.

17. Have fun and good luck!
[/highlight]

I have an idea:

One of the members on Mafiascum.net came up with a rule set where she both mods and plays the game at the same time, with a strict rule set governing what she can and cannot do while playing and modding.

I could adapt this and play while I mod.

Thoughts?

Would need to see the rule set before can make any proper kind of commitment. Sounds good in theory, but in practice...?

In:

1. Noodle
2. Warng
3. Scott
4. Caluin
5. Zemaj
6. DiablotwoinDC
7. Leopold Stotch

Spectators:

1. Loz
2. Kestegs

Last edited:
I'm going to watch the movie again and go through the deleted content again for some ideas. Will finalize roles and rules and mechanics and hopefully have role PM's out by tomorrow night.

In:

1. Noodle
2. Warng
3. Scott
4. Caluin
5. Zemaj
6. DiablotwoinDC
7. Leopold Stotch

Spectators:

1. Loz
2. Kestegs

Possible in: