Character name: alhcsorc
Character level: 83
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Meteorb
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 5
Corpse looted: No
Death type: PvM

Cause of demise: I though I could kill that Extra Strong-Extra Fast Pindleskin with no problems, even if my mercenary died instantly to him. Well, I was wrong :tongue:
This was my first HC character. Since she become a Guardian and found some nice items in the way I didn't feel too bad for her death...

Character name: KTA-alsorcie
Character level: 54
Character build: Frozen Orb
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Act: 3
Corpse looted: Yes

Cause of demise: My second HC character. I was cleaning Durance of Hate Lv2 with another 4 people when a doll came of nowhere and exploded in my face. Instant death

Character name: KTA-alsorcieII
Character level: 25
Character build: Frozen Orb
Game difficulty: Normal
Act: 4

Cause of demise: I stood up like a dummy when Diablo used his famous Red Lightning Hose. 75 lightning resistance didn't help me

Things keep getting worse and worse. This was an attempt to rebuild my previous sorc, but this time I didn't even reach Nightmare. I'm quitting for now...

Character name: Cripple Creek
Character level: 73
Character class: Sorc
Character build: Blizz/Met
Act: Act 1

Cause of demise: During Countess runs, some archer chick was shooting 3 arrows at a time. I played hide-n-seek for a while, then got nailed. 750 life, resists in the mid 20's. Highest level HC char so far, gonna try again...

Character name: MinMcGonagall
Character level: 54
Character build: Blizz
Game difficulty: NM
Act: Act 3

NM Meph runs, late night bored. Figure I'd do some mf runs. Was about my 38th run of NM Andy, Meph, Shenk, Eschuta (whatever his name is.) Bremm Sparkfist had a conviction aura and MultiShot Lightning. I would guess his convinction put me slightly above 0 in LR. Teleported there, my merc smacked him, gg.

Death Certificate

Character name: Eustacia
Character level: 58
Character class: Amazon
Character build: Magezon
Act: 2 / Claw Viper Temple

Walking into Lost City, almost immediately come upon the wp and the way to Valley of the Snakes. Go into Claw Viper Temple and my Valk goes and picks a fight with a boss Unraveler thing + skellies...no biggie but that draws the attention of an Extra Strong Lightning Enchanted Fire Enchanted viper. My valk dies almost immediately to the snakes, so I cast another and a decoy...down they go...I TP out when I get low on room, and get ready for some fancy decoy/valk footwork to find a safer spot within the Temple (I've done this many times before, but on Expansion with 1400 HP). Figuring the tp would be hot, I go into the Temple from the original stairway...well...all the minions were near the tp, but the boss was by the stairs...his one hit probably took me down to about 1 hp, and the resulting charged bolt from my valkarie hitting him killed me before I was out of the stun from charge.

But really...a cold immune viper, fire immune from the fire enchanted, extra strong to pwn a valk, lightning enchanted to ensure no tanking is possible...that would have been one long ugly fight..

And I STILL haven't gotten to Fangskin, who would probably kill me by looking at me hard.

Death Certificate

Character Name: BonytheOgre (Mark II)
Character Level: 66
Character class: Necromancer
Character build: Fishymancer, Max Block
Act: 5 / Icy Cellar

Leveling slowly solo due to my paranoia about PKing. Was taking it slow, through to ancients, gearing up for a mighty battle, when I decide a small excursion into the Icy cellar looks good (Found it before waypoing or exit) I step down, and am greeted by a small pack (4 or so) of Champion/Fanatic mixed breed of those bastard stygian dolls. I see my army engage, and decide to walk about a bit. Bad idea, I attract a boss group of vipers, didnt have time to see what their boss was, when im flanked by a new group of champion stygian dolls, I try to run, but my cold resists being at 54, (fire and light max with a little stack) im slowed (no Cannot be Frozen unfortunately), I try to reposition out of the path of the vipers cold spears, Feeding my merc and myself Big Purples, when one of those bastard dolls pops, and its all deeds. This was my second Necro of the same namesake, once ive regained enough composure, ill make BonytheOgre Mark III, third times the charm, Right?

Only things of note lost was my Tal Rashas belt, only 14% mf, Trang-Ouls wing, donated nicely from the Travincal council, and the only unique ring ive ever been lucky enough to get, a 23% Nagelring.

Character Name: Hobo_killa
Character Level: 51
Character Class: Paladin
Character Build: Hammerdin
Game Difficulty: Nightmare
Act: 3 / travincal
Corspe Looted:No
Death Type: PvM

To make it short, I decided to mf travi for mid-level runes, I was killing everything easily without even loosing any hp, I got cursed by Ismail Vilehand, nothing to worry there, killed him, then out of nowhere comes Geleb Flamefinger running like hell just to reach my hammers, It was one shot kill, even with 900 hp, there was some lightning bolts, I guess he was FELE bugged, perhaps even multiple shot, if that is possible, :cry: I lost my only spirits and some good gear including my recently adquired Guardian angel (gift from friend), It was so instant, I think my friend will be very pissed with me, it's the third char that he helps just to die in a evil way.
I can't seem to be able to make a MFer without him dying in some diabolic way :sad2: , this is the fourth MFer that dies and the second go at hammerdin.

Character Name: Freewomenforall
Character Level: 75
Character Class: Paladin
Character Build: Hammerdin
Game Difficulty: hell
Act: 5 baaling
Corspe Looted:No

Was teling down to baal when i arrived to the throne i got amped and some mean doll exploded on me, deeds, lost a lot of good stuff with this one, hoto, enigma, cta, mara + the useal and then also the dream set my merc was wearing, dosnt really bother me that he died, mostly that i lost my gear :embarassed:
well back to rune rushing i guess

Death Certificate

Character Name: KTA-CrushOnYou
Character Level: 6x
Character class: Paladin
Character build: CB smiter/fana zealer
Act: 5 / WSK
Corpse looted: Yes

Oblivion Knigt cast some IM on me before I finished a zeal. :(

Character name: Duke UM-Necrolust (classic)
Character level: 85
Character build: CE

Game crash while killing trav for fun. RIP

Character name: Q-o
Character level: 75
Character class: Druid
Character build: Windy
Act: Act 5
Death type: TPPK

I just got all stuff on my druid, ss, eni, mara, hoto etc.. and there I was doing duriel in act 4 and one sorc joined the game, I pp'd him and he helped me with duriel after that we went to arreat summit to kill the ancients, 2 of them were cold immunes and he was cold soso, I had max res and over 1k absorb, after non-cold immune ancient died I started to tank the other 2 and I was shooting tornados at them, and I forgot to follow the sorc and then BOOm! dead, she had beed shooting me but there was so much action going on that I didnt see that, and I would also like to thank our great friend Madawc who had conviction which helped that sorc

:shocked:
*priit2

Character name: DVassin
Character level: 50
Character class: Assassin
Character build: Trapsin
Act: Act 1
Death type: PvM/Game Crash

I was doing Andy runs; got pretty far into Cat 3 fighting monsters, so I got bored and decided to run past them - bad idea. I ran into a big pack, and while I probably would have survived if my game didn't crash just as it happened, well, my game crashing just as it happened didn't help! Oh well, first death in HC after a long absence - so I didn't lose much, time to go build a sorc. RIP, you'll always be my first.

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: Tree-fiddy
Character level: 28
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Freezealot
Game difficulty: Normal
Act: 5

Nihlathak, corpse explosion, *poof*

This was my first and (probably) last foray into hardcore, but trust me, I have a new respect for everyone who does it! :thumbsup:

Character name: i-diedthreetime
Character level: 84
Character build: Blizz
Game difficulty: Nm
Act: Act 5
Death type: CE Ancients

Long story short... stood too close to an FE monster, didnt notice.... deeds :( :innocent:

Character Name: janalee
Character level: 38
Character Class: Necromancer
Character Build: Fishymancer
Game difficulty:normal
act:5
Corpse Looted: nO
Death Type: TpPk:sad2:

Doing usual baal run, with lvl 90 wind druid. amazon said it was his running bot. acted like a bot too did a few runs then he tps on the 5th run.

Lessoned learned follow your instincs its always right -.-

Character Name: godless_box
Character level: 61
Character Class: Assassin
Character Build: Trapsin
Game difficulty:NM
act:5
Corpse Looted: No

Killing skele's at Nihaltek's(sp) Temple, got charged by 3 or 4 at once and before I knew it I had like 1% of my health left... before I could react I was dead.

Character name: Q-s
Character level: 63
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: WW

we were doing hell travi, I got very heavy lag and dropped out, went back, forgot to put loot on, got heavy lag again...:innocent:

RIP: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: Alfa Lemur
Character level: 61
Character class: Baba
Character build: Conc
Act: 4 CS
Corpse looted: no
Death type: PVM

Iron Maiden, hit the wrong hot key.

Character name: Olzwall
Character level: 85
Character build: fire
Act: cow level

was talking on the phone and cowing at the same time :undecided: , i teleed myself in a bunch of hell bovine and die instantanely :cry:
was my first char lost shako, talammy, eth cv insight, 38% hoto that i have make 1 hour ago, upped 30% vipermagi....40% mf gheed :embarassed: next time ill buy another copy of d2 and play with 2 chars :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High