RIP: Our Fallen Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
Jun 22, 2003

NOTE: New deeds thread started, this one is locked and will be deleted once the new thread has been well established.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Rip: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: Vilenxrt
Character level: 84
Character class: Necromancer
Character build: Bonemancer
Game difficulty: Hell
Act: 5
Corpse looted: Yes
Death type: pvm

Cause of demise: was helping a friend with Anya quest when 20gloams were spamming lightning at us. I lagged up and when I got back I was dead :(. Luckily he got my stuff a shako, vipermagi, nothing to special but at least I can rebuild. GoGo Javazon!

Death Certificate

Character name: Eyetalian
Character level: 23
Character class: Barbarian
Character build: 2handed Axe Barb
Game difficulty: Normal
Act: 2
Corpse looted: No
Death type: PK

Cause of demise: I was new/experimenting HC. Never thought of, or heard of LLD/pk tweaked characters. When I was hostiled from pike using paladin, I tp to town, went out to fight him. Then got killed in 1 poke. My lack of knowledge is what got me killed. :eek:

Death Certificate

Character name: HiPotElko
Character level: 66
Character class: Sorceress
Character build: Charged Boltress
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Death type: PvM

Cause of demise:
I was joining random Baalruns to get some more leveling done. As always, no one wanted to take the spearhead in WS2. Anyway, a Necro and me went to the WP, the necro runs, I tele half a screen when the necro comes running back past me apparently chased by an Extra Fast Pack of Vipers. I get into stunlock, fumble my potions and the ESC key, go into the options menu because I can't click ffs but alas a stray gloam ends my misery. Rebuild no. 5 is already at level 55.

Death Certificate

Character name: Eternity-FU
Character level: 91
Character class: Amazon
Character build: LF/CS
Act: 4

Cause of demise:
I was helping Gary (on his barb) get Diablo in a public game. Things were going pretty smoothly, no close calls from what I saw bashing through the Venom Lord seal. There was a little bit of a slow down on the way to De Seis with a beefy pack of Venom Lords, etc, but they fell after a little time. Once De Seis was let loose though, everything went to hell. The monsters just weren't dying fast enough and people were scattering. Then Gary got a little lag and died. Luckily I had loot, so I was going to lure the big nasties away from his body and drop a tp and go in another way. Right before I was going to set up the tp, I got some video lag and then BAM! Deeds. I was totally suprised. De Seis managed to kill me in about 1.5-2 seconds even though I had 3k life with bo and max res. Sadly, I never got to see what his mods were that made him so deadly. I lost my skullders, awesome rare zon mf resist ammy, some nice res mf gloves and boots, my 16/17/10 anni...and a vex in my stash that I hadn't muled yet. Not sure if I'm going to rebuild this time.

Death Certificate

Character name: Carl_Winslow
Character level: 23
Character build: Concentrator w/Maul
Death type: PvM / Party Stupidity

Cause of demise:
I was with a party clearing Tal Rashas Tombs for some EXP. I pop open a door to be warmly greeted by a HUGE pack of Dung Beetles. The two Bonemancers behind me started firing off spears and teeth. The resulting charged bolt wave from the aformentioned beetles and the Necros blocking my exit equaled one toasted Barb. Just wasnt fast enough with the ESC key.....RIP big guy..... :p

Death Certificate

Character name: Janothar
Character level: 22
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Avenger

Cause of demise:
First Hardcore character of mine to make it through act 2, went into the Duriel Battle before I was ready, it seems. Had a belt full of Full Rejuvs, but didn't click fast enough, and Duriel's Jab took me down.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Ferrets Revenge
Character level: 59
Character class: paladin
Character build: Zealot
Game difficulty: NM
Act:4 CS
Corpse lootedno
Death type: PVM

I don't know, I was looking for IM, didn't see it. 90+ res, 10defiance,17HS, 750+ life, gone in an instant.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Starzia
Character level: 97
Character build: Tank/Orb
Death type: PvP/PK

Cause of demise:Well, even though it's not me, he doesn't post here so I'll write one up because I'm bored. Starzia was in a public run pouting because we couldn't make room for him in our private runs... Apparently CanadianBeeef did the wp/hostile trick and Starz was feeling bored so he tried to duel, it took 5x10k damage WW to get him, and he only juv'd once, goes to show how much an ES/TK sorc can tank...no one believed his /f m when he first said he got PK'd, but he doesn't seem too annoyed and is taking the opportunity to quit.

Death Certificate

Character name: Miz_Trapper
Character level: 74
Character class: Assassin
Character build: Trapper
Game difficulty:Hell
Act: 3-Trav
Death type:pvM

Well, I wish I had some great heroic story but I don't. Myself and 4 others were doing the Trav and for what ever reason the game lagged up, I could still hear sounds (my trappers screams of death) but couldn't move. I think I sorta froze myself in disbelief. When the game finally caught up we all were dead and shortly after 1 by 1 we all lagged out(within about 30 seconds). I checkd my friends list and asked him to join my game, he messaged back that it didn't exist. I too will take this as an opportunity to give it a break untill the new ladder season. Thank to all that helped me.

Rev129

Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: NLNJA
Character level: 96.5
Character build: Lightning trapper
Act: 1
Death type: PvP

Cause of demise: After Starzia's death I decided I was never going to hit 97, so what's the point of keeping the character alive. Joining PvP games for a few hours I managed to get myself a few ears, and a few fluxes. I dueled Tru-Thump once and won, he ran back to town and conceded. A bit later, after finding people willing to duel few and far between, despite the awesome prize of the #1 sin's ear, I went at it again with thump. This time he managed to close in on me while I was mindblasting, I switched to BoS to try and get some distance between us, but I accidentally got stuck behind one of those puddle things in the blood moor. Bam CS. Juv. CS. Juv. CS I see where this is going and realize that I have crap resists w/o my fade. Try to switch to fade. CS CS. Deeds. Unfortunately he will not profit as much as he would have from my gear, as he dropped from the game before he could loot =(
=============

HC Death Certificate:
============

Rip: Our Fallen Friends
Death Certificate

Character name: SandWarrior
Character level: 92
Character class: Amazone
Character build: Javazone
Corpse looted: Yes
Death type: pvm

Cause of demise: Lagged in a cow game.. Dead i was after beeing hit by 100 cows... :(

Death Certificate

Character name: Iron-Spear
Character level: 71
Character build: plague javelin/lf/valk
Game difficulty: Nightmare
Act: 3

Cause of demise:
fire/cold enchanted boss on travincival killed me when he died, not even full resist helped against that splatt. (hp 871)

Death Certificate

Character name: Token-BO
Character build: Concentrate
Act: 4

Cause of demise:
Ether was helping me do D quest when De Suis appeared and laid waste to me with 3k life 30dr and 24k defense. I wasn't really too upset because my 91 zon buddy (Ether) had loot. I had boneweave shaft and doom is really all I was concerned about. However Ether hit some major lag and De Suis ruined his day as well. No re-build, melee is bleh.

For our Beloved Tera

Death Certificate

Character name: Tera_Hertz
Character level: 73
Character class: Sorc
Character build: Meteorb

Cause of demise: 10 dark rogues, cold immune, crappy merc, and 7 beers. :)

Death Certificate

Character name: Tshad
Character level: 51
Character build: Tanking Orb sorc
Game difficulty: NightmareAct: 3Corpse looted: Yes/No

Cause of demise: Just soloed act 1 act 2 and duriel, was teled to council, my friend was coming to help me @ meph, killed that FE guy and bam.

HC Death Certificate:
============

Death Certificate

Character name: Darkened_Mirror
Character level: 84
Character build: FuryZon
Game difficulty: Nightmarel
Act: Cows

Cause of demise: I opened up nm cows with a low lvl friend and began killing cows. I came across a lightning immune cow so i meleed it with jab... 2 seconds later I am dead. I tell my friend (lvl 38 zon) to get my corpse but he is slain due to his low lvl. Sigh bnet hc just isnt gonna happen again.

Character name: PorscheWylde
Character level: 90
Character class: Ice Queen/Frozen Orb
Character build: SorceressGame difficulty: Normal-Nightmare-Hell
Act: 3
Corpse looted: Hell No
Death type: Lag/BnetPK

Cause of demise: Good ol' Save Exit didn't save my Magic Finder. Got to Bremm, and game started lagging like hell so I quick Save+Exited. Poof! Invisible character. The loss included 137 def Shako, 4xIst Monarch, Ist'd Gull Dagger, Skullders, 50% War Travs, BK Ring, 33% MF ring, 38% CGs, and about a dozen 7% Small Charms. And the merc? Well, he was only wearing Bramble Armor and a high dmg Reapers. Yikes! Glad I have another level 89 Frozen orb sorc.

Character name: SirOliver
Character level: 20
Character class: Paladin
Character build: Thorn/Vengadin

Cause of demise: My first hardcore. Thought I was ready for Duriel.
Guess what? I wasn't.

Death Certificate

Character name: WNx-JessicaSix
Character build: Trapassin
Act: Cows

Cause of demise: Entered a cow game. 2 other players in the game. Suddenly, unexpectadly, one of the characters (a zon) died. Shocked by this i ran as fast as i could to the last character (a conv aura pally). Faced by a wall of cows, (the zon had been farming). i attempted to escape, my mouse slipped from my now sweating hand, fell down the back of my desk, and left me stranded. As 20 cows descended upon me, a split second decision made me kick the power button on my comp. Seconds later i realised that alt-f4 would have been wiser. Comp took 3 seconds to shut down. - To late. Lost full nats set, RF & soj. Lesson - Use talcum powder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High