Random Tournament 2021 D2R edition!

@maxicek and @Babyhell

You can have 3 skill sets active in Hell, and most players who make it that far will as they will consume one in Normal and 1 in Nightmare, leaving 2 + forever available in Hell.

Respecting between difficulties is ideal, but there a a few scenarios that it would not be necessary:
  • You are only using skills from your forever set
  • Normal+nightmare have the same skills you plan on investing in (Example I have Bash as a normal and nightmare skill)
  • No synergy bonuses from previous set apply to active skills (example: Babyhell uses Charge and Vigor in NM, but switches to vengeance in Hell, neither synergy applies and no pre-req synergy applies theoretically could decide not to use a respec)

The biggest reason for the respec being needed is to prevent bonuses from synergy or passives skills that are no longer allowed to be used.
Oh ok so Forever only/Forever+any/Forever+ the last three isn't an option right?
But still forever/F+2 any/F+2last ones can be a thing.

Ok, I'm still in line for myself, but thanks for clarification!

Oh ok so Forever only/Forever+any/Forever+ the last three isn't an option right?
But still forever/F+2 any/F+2last ones can be a thing.

Ok, I'm still in line for myself, but thanks for clarification!
No it is. Heck you could forever set in Normal and Nightmare and decide to get a lot of firepower in Hell with all 5 sets 💥

• Love
Reactions: Babyhell
BleedRunner's LK Nightmares - Part 3

Now LK sessions are shared with Pindle in order to get some XP and pace change. New LK map found while rerolling Pindle's one:

And there were some nice finds too!

LK drops
XHqIgQtl.png

lqHlFbCl.png

MYPXrlfl.png

cC7zHaIl.png

Pindle drops
hgKuI0Gl.png

Epj0Nqgl.png

gBEsHxVl.png

W1g8jXcl.png

What will be found by lvl 69? Who knows!

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills      Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------      --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     61     78+96       Ancient's way NM        27
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     48     5 + 50      Rogue's Camp            20
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     32     33+58       Panda Fortress          9
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     26     42+18       Spider Forest           6
SP Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72       Lost City               3
   Yes Vang              HobstheHobo          Dru     20     97+96       Lut Gholein             3
SP Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     23     8+75        Dry Hills               3
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     13     21          Black Marsh             0
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93          Cold Plains             0
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     1      40          Rogue Encampment        0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Sid               Brisket  (KIA)       Dru     8      07+52       Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78       Deeds
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds                   3

Reactions: Miron
No it is. Heck you could forever set in Normal and Nightmare and decide to get a lot of firepower in Hell with all 5 sets 💥
Not that it really gives me more firepower, but my plan was might be to use everything in Hell to give me the choice of fade or BoS, in case I can't make treachery. My non-claw weapon is war hammer, and I think I am going to need BoS in Hell due to the atrocious breakpoints without it. This setup gives me Tiger Strike in both NM and Hell, while Claws of Thunder and DS should take care of Normal. My Hell sets really only give me BoS, Shadow Warrier, and Tiger Strike.

Forever: 40: Claws of Thunder, Cloak of Shadows, Death Sentry
Normal: Just use Forever
NM
Set 74: Tiger Strike, Fade, Wake of Inferno
Hell:
Set 2: Burst of Speed, Shock Web, Wake of Fire
Set 19: Psychic Hammer, Shadow Warrior, Wake of Fire
Set 34: Tiger Strike, Claw of Ice, Shock Web

Reactions: Vang
I started Mulgram the randomly rolled Barbarian. I haven't figured out how to assign my skills yet, so I haven't put in any skillpoints yet. Level 15, and I rescued Cain and finished the black march :)

I'll add myself to the table once A1 is done

Not that it really gives me more firepower, but my plan was might be to use everything in Hell to give me the choice of fade or BoS, in case I can't make treachery. My non-claw weapon is war hammer, and I think I am going to need BoS in Hell due to the atrocious breakpoints without it. This setup gives me Tiger Strike in both NM and Hell, while Claws of Thunder and DS should take care of Normal. My Hell sets really only give me BoS, Shadow Warrier, and Tiger Strike.

Forever: 40: Claws of Thunder, Cloak of Shadows, Death Sentry
Normal: Just use Forever
NM
Set 74: Tiger Strike, Fade, Wake of Inferno
Hell:
Set 2: Burst of Speed, Shock Web, Wake of Fire
Set 19: Psychic Hammer, Shadow Warrior, Wake of Fire
Set 34: Tiger Strike, Claw of Ice, Shock Web
If you use Set 74 in NM you don't have access to it for Hell. So you won't have access to fade in hell in your current example.

I did similar to you, using 0 sets in Normal, 1 in NM and 3 in hell (+ forever) - mainly so my hell attacks are synergised.

The "my plan was might" should have not had the "was". I think having Tiger Strike in NM will be worth it, especially because I will probably die somewhere there.

RandomWayToDie had been trudging along slowly. I have made it to level 25 and should probably add myself to the table. Currently I am pumping Claws of Thunder and letting the merc poke stuff with a savage polearm. I feel a little fragile around lightning but 1 point cloak of shadows makes things pretty easy. I have found 3 sets and 2 uniques, all unusable. I am loving the extra stash space, I have not had to open up Gomule once! I am starting to get a little full, though. I think I could make it another act before I would want to get gems, runes, and full juvies off.

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills      Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------      --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     61     78+96       Ancient's way NM        27
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     48     5 + 50      Rogue's Camp            20
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     32     33+58       Panda Fortress          9
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     26     42+18       Spider Forest           6
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     25     40          Harem Level 1           3
SP Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72       Lost City               3
   Yes Vang              HobstheHobo          Dru     20     97+96       Lut Gholein             3
SP Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     23     8+75        Dry Hills               3
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     13     21          Black Marsh             0
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93          Cold Plains             0
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     1      40          Rogue Encampment        0

Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds                   3

Screenshot001.png

Last edited:
The "my plan was might" should have been not had the "was". I think having Tiger Strike in NM will be worth it, especially because I will probably die somewhere there.

RandomWayToDie had been trudging along slowly. I have made it to level 25 and should probably add myself to the table. Currently I am pumping Claws of Thunder and letting the merc poke stuff with a savage polearm. I feel a little fragile around lightning but 1 point cloak of shadows makes things pretty easy. I have found 3 sets and 2 uniques, all unusable. I am loving the extra stash space, I have not had to open up Gomule once! I am starting to get a little full, though. I think I could make it another act before I would want to get gems, runes, and full juvies off.

Gotcha. Just a heads-up re: muling. You can't take items from the shared stash using go mule (found this out the hard way).

Short one.
Andy is dead so I get some points finally :)
Amazing how good Summon mastery is, after the last complaint I am now clearing on P8 with no issues except a bit of time taken.

Done Radament and cleared the Dry Hills, enough for tonight.

Code:
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     25     40          Harem Level 1           3
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     22     21          Dry Hills               3

Act1 NM is down and it is definitely a relief to have an AOE ability (strafe) instead of just pinging away with a single arrow. Most of Act 1 was fine until it came to jail, the skeleton archers and mages there were very painful and had a few NDEs (no screenshots unfortunately - I am not great at taking screenshots).

Also had a couple of interesting moments in catacombs with tainted behind doors. As long as I could maneuver behind my merc it was fine - but opening doors was fun.

I did andy on /players 3. Merc died a couple of times, last one just before she did.

Screenshots in the spoilers below

I've never had this happen before - the merc was able to hit them without them hitting back much and I was perfectly safe. I didn't think about taking the screeny until the fight was mostly over

1633516514080.png

1633516544858.png
1633516559255.png
1633516574350.png

Countess drop - not the worst
1633516593945.png

1633516633894.png
1633516646344.png

1633516884591.png
Civerbs

1633516726052.png

SerrafinaPekkala Level 52 - NM Act 2

Reactions: Vildecor and Vang
Deeds to Duriel with Bortleby the Pally. Doing terrible at this tourney - might try again later.

Code:
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     22     21          Dry Hills               3

Yes Sid               Brisket              Dru     8      07+52       Deeds
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     23     40          Deeds

• Sad
Reactions: Vang and Babyhell
BleedRunner's LK Nightmares - Part 5

For your own sake... never pick up stuff you can't use in this tournament -_-
NjF7GnXl.png

o1cpFgQl.png

Hopefully some things can be good enough, but i'll definitely miss those boots :-(
lSfY4VWl.png

Edit: got a Tiamat's Rebuke from Mephisto #YayNotUsableEither, but completed the Angelic combo... in case there's some lack of AR in Hell, that's always something secured!

Pushed to 66 as of now, getting closer to 69!

Code:
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     66     78+96       Ancient's way NM        27

Last edited:
Mulgram the Barbarian has defeated Andariel. Going was really slow until I hit level 20 and gambled a maul, then much faster. I did the whole act without any skill points allocated because I couldn't decide how I wanted to pick my skillsets. I've finally made some decisions about skills, so it's time to write it down.

Skills:
Set 27: 7, 12, 29 (Battle Orders, Axe Mastery, Whirlwind)
Set 49: 3,7,9 (Taunt, Battle Orders, War Cry)
Set 54: 16, 18, 30 (Spear Mastery, Iron Skin, Berserk)
Set 56: 4, 8 ,28 (Shout, Grim Ward, Frenzy)
Set 65: 16,22,23 (Spear Mastery, Leap, Double Swing)

My thought process:

I can fully synergize Frenzy, and I'd be stupid not to do so. So for hell, that'll be set 54, 56, and 65. Grim Ward is in there too, which is excellent CC. Missing from the lineup there is battle orders, which is in sets 27 and 49. So we'll add one of those. Which will it be??

I can get through normal with just a mercenary, and I've done it before, so I think it's worth only using my forever skillset in normal, and saving the others for nightmare and hell.

That leaves nightmare. 54, 56, 65 and one of 27 or 49 are reserved for hell. We also haven't picked the forever set yet. I don't want to go through nightmare without an attack skill (though again, I've done it). Frenzy is a good option here, but it's also in our hell set, so I think set 56 is a good candidate for our forever set. This also gives Grim Ward all game. Frenzy will not fully synergize until hell, and we definitely want battle orders in nightmare. So we'll add set 27, and frenzy with some axes through nightmare.

THE VERDICT:

Forever: Shout, Grim Ward, Frenzy (Set 56)
Normal: no extra skills (Set 56)
Nightmare: we add Battle Orders, Axe Mastery, Whirlwind (Set 27, 56)
Hell: We lose axe mastery and whirlwind, but add spear mastery, iron skin, berserk, leap, and double swing, giving a fully synergized frenzy that can be used with any combination of axe/sword. (Set 49, 54, 56, and 65)

I think this'll work!

Mulgram the frenzybarb, level 20, the desert awaits

I like your thought process. I would have been tempted to go the WW + Zerk route (or even Warcry + Zerk), but I think yours might be better.

Only challenge is you can't use Mauls - but I suppose they can be used on switch was Zerk for PIs.

In hindsight - might have been a mistake to re-roll your bastard Sword (given that the re-roll was going to be a 2-handed)

I like your thought process. I would have been tempted to go the WW + Zerk route (or even Warcry + Zerk), but I think yours might be better.

Only challenge is you can't use Mauls - but I suppose they can be used on switch was Zerk for PIs.

In hindsight - might have been a mistake to re-roll your bastard Sword (given that the re-roll was going to be a 2-handed)
Yeah, it took me a long time to work out what I wanted to do. In the end, I chose frenzy for the movespeed, and because whirlwind actually scares me in HC. You whirl into a pack of nonsense and just die because you can't potion while whirling

RandomWayToDie made it past Duriel and to the Spider Forest. She hit level 29 there, only one more level until Death Sentry! I took on Duriel at p5 and put on a bunch of life charms after seeing someone else deed at that point. I also made a decision to dump 20 stat points into vitality instead of str/dex to be able to wield Scissor Katars, which need 55/55. I think I made the correct choice, the extra life was really helpful while tanking the bug. I had 435 life and 150ish mf.

I found Hsarus Belt and I could wear it! I found Bloodfist gloves and could not wear them :(

Nokazon Relic, I might wear this vs big D
Screenshot002.png

Ancient Kaa is always an a-hole. I didn't feel safe standing near him. He hurts.
Screenshot004.png

I feel like these would be pretty good for my Tiger Strike nm/hell skill set
Screenshot006.png

Code:
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     66     78+96       Ancient's way NM        27
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     29     40          Spider Forest          6

Finally I am worthy of an update :ROFLMAO:

Going Teeth early on was a good choice. It has been solid and once I unlocked Bone Spear I utilized mainly spear unless open areas where enemies were in wide arcs (Can we say Act 3 will be great for this!)

Overall played at /p8 and it has been a fairly easy run thus far as my attacks are piercingly strong. (Duriel /p3)

Not much in way of drops though did find 3 GC with ~20 resist one of F/L/C respectively. Bought a +1 P&B wand with +15 energy. Gemmed Helm,Chest, and Shield to round off majority of equipment.

My first yes! Might be good (spoiler, nope)

Screenshot010.png

And Duriel going down quite easily at Level27 as he should (2 small rejuvs used on mercenary)

Screenshot011.png

Excited for Act 3 as I haven't been anywhere past Act 2 in D2R other than a few minutes in Act 5 with a previous tournament character until I realised that I couldn't transfer stuff forward at the time via stashes. So it is all new and refreshing.

Code:
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     29     40          Spider Forest           6
   Yes Vang              Werg                 Nec     27     81+63       Kurast                  6

Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   24     Many        Deeds                   3

Those are some really nice boots dude. 94 total res or 107 res+mf. And with some FRW to boot. (hehe) I am jealous.
Yes those are great, definitely a keeper for another HC character.

But well it has an empty slot, so that could be better with

SHUT UP! THOSE BOOTS ARE GREAT TO KICK ASSES,
unnamed.jpg

• Haha
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High