Random Tournament 2021 D2R edition!

Continued the journey with Hartwig through the catacombs with the damage rapidly decreasing, it seems that 1 point in Sword Mastery can carry you so far. Eventually reached level 4 but wasn't brave enough for P8 😞 so P1 it was. Lured Andy to the main room and after a bit of 'cat & mouse' got completely useless drop.

With the damage barely sufficient I went for cube ASAP with those as the main reason:

Screenshot009.png

Screenshot010.png

After getting those 2 I stopped and cubed the rest of the gems... big mistake here 😠. Should have kept those chipped gems for rerolls and few more tries at Partizan type as possible merc weapon.
Regarding merc, the rogue is quite useless ATM she moves too much, not enough damage and her inner sight is not good enough since I miss A LOT. Replacing the merc will be the next target.

Hartwig, lvl 23, Dry Hills

Code:
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     56     78+96       Pandemonium Fortress NM 24
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     32     33+58       Panda Fortress          9
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     28     5           Kurast Docks            6
SP Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72       Lost City               3
   Yes Vang              HobstheHobo          Dru     20     97+96       Lut Gholein             3
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     20     42+18       Lut Gholein             3
SP Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     23     8+75        Dry Hills               3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93          Cold Plains             0
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     1      40          Rogue Encampment        0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Sid               Brisket  (KIA)       Dru     8      07+52       Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78       Deeds
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds            3

Reactions: Babyhell
81 will be my forever and 63 will be normal skill sets. If I make it to Act 3 I'll add myself to the table otherwise I'll just keep tallying up my dead dudes and ladies.

BleedRunner's LK Nightmares - Night 1

Well it's more a session than a night, I'm not that crazy (yet). The map is not fantastic, but I'm not there to build an Enigma, so it should be enough. Mephisto is still awful, I'll give him the runs he deserves later.

Anyway, here are some nice finds!
YhJrj5Ll.png

bVMbaayl.png

ZJu9U7gl.png

IGJ83r3l.png

IIBajREl.png

I do have a preference for the large charm... never avoid them before Hell!

Best runes so far: Hels, Io.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miron
81 will be my forever and 63 will be normal skill sets. If I make it to Act 3 I'll add myself to the table otherwise I'll just keep tallying up my dead dudes and ladies.
You didn't want to re-roll weapon or Armour?

1633353632179.png

Act 5 is done, was a bit of a grind with only single target attack. Did full clear on /players 8 (except Lister at /Players5 and Baal at /players3).

Drops and other interesting things

1633353825885.png
1633353765001.png
1633353792748.png
1633353861606.png
1633353894188.png
1633353959536.png

The lister fight was difficult and involved luring and jumping in and out of TPs so we only fought a maximum of 2 at a time. Lister himself was particularly annoying given most of my damage is cold. Went through a lot of pots

1633354034875.png

Baal drop
1633354079568.png

Only the one interesting rune from Cow Level
1633354114902.png

Plan now is to pick-up skillset 50 and run as a Strafer for NM with cold arrow for PIs. We'll see how that goes.

Forever Skills:
Set 5: 1,20,23 -> Jab, Pierce, Cold Arrow

NM Skills:
Set 50: 5,16,28 -> Lightning Bolt, Penetrate, Strafe

SerrafinaPekkala Level 48 Amazon NM Act 1

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills      Location               Score
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     56     78+96       Pandemonium Fortress NM 24
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     48     5 + 50      Rogue's Camp            20
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     32     33+58       Panda Fortress          9
SP Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72       Lost City               3
   Yes Vang              HobstheHobo          Dru     20     97+96       Lut Gholein             3
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     20     42+18       Lut Gholein             3
SP Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     23     8+75        Dry Hills               3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93          Cold Plains             0
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     1      40          Rogue Encampment        0

Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds            3

BleedRunner's LK Nightmares - Part 2
Was it a dream... really?
qB3DU5Hl.png

After quite some more LK runs, changing a bit doing some Council ru...hrm they are still tough to beat, but that was a pace change at least, and without great result so far, BleedRunner finally found a shield upgrade, and decided to get his forge.
H0bKyoTl.png

5FoOTLKl.png

On the way

However, neither Lem, nor Ko, and no Um...Io. A second one, getting closer to the Lum -_-
3xtuh4Nl.png

y3f8bC4l.png

Then why bother, he went to Chaos Sanctuary, and apart from separating Infector and De Seis from their minions, that was a p1 walk. Hopefully I will be able to find something in Hell to change that thanks to synergy, but well for now I need my merc to survive to land hits.
Rlgal8zl.png

Enlightenment in progress...

Diablo had been defeated right after level 58, and was so easy because he spawned right upon us both! Two security red pots and that was it.
sbflHAOl.png

MO6QvOhl.png

EUHkiXRl.png

Well... For sure there are bases to be found for armor upgrades, the necessary runes, and we will see before entering Hell what weapon we could find... so see you on next update!
Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills      Location               Score
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     58     78+96       Frigid Highlands NM     27
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     48     5 + 50      Rogue's Camp            20

Last edited:
Nice update & progress @Babyhell - Great screenshots

Forley pushed through the rest of Act 2 tonight, mainly using the skill of hiding behind the merc.

I gambled a decent broadsword in A1 which has seen me though all of act 2
Code:
Fine Broad Sword of Gore
Broad Sword
One Hand Damage: 9 - 26
Durability: 32 of 32
Required Level: 10
Required Strength: 48
Fingerprint: 0xdceb17e9
Item Level: 22
Version: Resurrected
30% Enhanced Damage
+8 to Maximum Damage
+22 to Attack Rating

The rest of the gear is pretty un-interesting, mainly just chipped topaz stuff. I have found loads of chipped sapphires but topazes have been a bit slow.

Forley Jungle.png

Code:
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------      --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     58     78+96       Frigid Highlands NM     27
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     26     42+18       Spider Forest           6

Reactions: Grisu and Babyhell
Finally a first progress post.
This is going slooooooooooooooooooooooow!

Decided on a single pass in the end, makes sense to make it harder eh :)
Tried P8, it was too painful, P5, manageable but still too slow, in the end rolling on P3 until I get a bit of levels in the skills. Seems like #21 will be my forever set (Summon Skeleton, Summon Resist, Revive), will see for later on.

Just finished Cain and parked at the start of Black Marsh. Had some luck and found a wand with +2 Skeleton Mastery. Otherwise, nothing of note, early days.

(🤞 I don't mess up the table)
Code:
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------      --------               ----
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     26     42+18       Spider Forest           6
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     13     21          Black Marsh             0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds                   3

Reactions: Babyhell and Grisu
BleedRunner's quest for resistances...and XP

So well, after the best drops that deserved their own post, here's the story and small update on the table.

Previously BleedRunner went straight to Eldritch, so there was some fireworks lacking in the story...issue solved.
IPG885ll.png

Now try to get back to old D2...

Target was the Crystalline passage, but eventually had to drop a TP at Glacial trail entrance and continue until finding a waypoint - which turned out to be the Ancients' one. But in the end Anya had been rescued (and Cain will be after Baal while starting cow running), and delivered an authorized-but-will-never-be-used shield. Meh stats...
cwssVFFl.png

So now, LK running can be made with Pindle running in-between to grab XP. Getting closer to 60, while target is starting Hell at 75...there's quite a road here!

Side note: started to use Concentration much more often due to Lightning immunes/highly resisting monsters. Put some points in were definitely worth it!

Fun fact: still using the 10IAS/+1 Holy Shock War Scepter shopped in Act 5 Normal. Still haven't managed to find even a plain 4os War Scepter for Holy Thunder!

Code:
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     59     78+96       Ancient's way NM        27
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     13     21          Black Marsh             0

Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds                   3

Last edited:
maxicek's Random Barbarian

Skill sets:

Set 18: 10,16,21 -> Battle Command, Spear Mastery, Bash
Set 31: 1,7,17 -> Howl, Battle Orders, Increased Stamina
Set 22: Taunt, Battle Command, Bash
Set 42: 7,11,15 -> Battle Orders, Sword Mastery, Throwing Mastery
Set 43: 11,12, 30 -> Sword Mastery, Axe Mastery, Berserk
Set 59: 26,27,29 -> Leap Attack, Concentrate, Whirlwind

Weapons:
Broad Sword
Flamberge
Spiked Club
Axe

Armor:
Skull Cap
Armor 2 (Hard Leather Armor, Studded Leather Armor, Chain Mail, Plate Mail, Ancient Armor)
Kite Shield
Light Gauntlets
Heavy Boots
Light Belt
Jawbone Cap
I think my lack of tournament experience showed with the armour re-rolls. I should have tried changing the gloves in retrospect for a craftable base.

Skull Caps also suck. I was hoping for a nice Jawbone Cap, but they have been disappointing so far. Really hoping for one of these with some useful skills on it.

Any recommendations what to do about my next weapon upgrade? I think this is going to get difficult later in the Jungle, but I can always dial down the player settings.

@maxicek If you still have your gambled Broad Sword, I would go with a Steel myself, possibly a Malice on switch, and a merc with the biggest stick possible - pike? I feel like writing this is playing to be #CaptainObvious, and given your own experience please don't take it bad :-/

Afterwards, a King's Grace Flamberge (Amn Ral Thul) could be something nice and not too costly for a melee weapon (I was leaning towards it in case I chose Charge in Nightmare, but well I would have needed a better base...)

Given the limitations on gear, and on top of that the automatic gold pick-up, I would definitely forget about MF, and go all in on gold...well I still keep around 100MF now, but that's mainly for the occasional rings/amu, for the rest of the gear I would count on gambles rares/runewords (even if my Chance Guards are nice to use). LK running with some %gold gives a lot of cash flow!

But one note: given your armor pieces, maybe you would want to farm gloves and belt from Arctic set for 10IAS+40MF?

Oh, and btw: the man writing this is still using shopped weapons due to lack of bases found. Just saying...

Last edited:
Reactions: maxicek
@Babyhell My untwinked experience is pretty limited really. I have bases for Malice, Steel is made already. King's Grace is a good call when I get the runes. The merc has a Partizan ready when he has the strength, I need a few Amethysts for that.

@Babyhell I'm not sure what you mean - Can I have three skill sets active in Hell? (In the unlikely event I get that far)

@maxicek You have your skillsets, available as follows:
- one is the forever skillset: the skills are usable in any difficulty
- four are open to be used (or I should say "consumed") at any difficulty, but only once.

You can for example go with only your forever skillset in Normal, then have one skillset consumed for Nightmare, and finally consume the three last ones in Hell on top of the forever skillset (guess it wouldn't be a great idea, as it would mean so many points to spend...)
You will get rolled 5 sets of skills: Choose one set to be available through all difficulties and you have 4 others that you can use one time each

See how I built my journey in this post. Hopefully I understood the rules, if not I'm going to have a big surprise soon!

I read this as you need to respec at some point in Hell. I’m happy to be wrong.

@maxicek and @Babyhell

You can have 3 skill sets active in Hell, and most players who make it that far will as they will consume one in Normal and 1 in Nightmare, leaving 2 + forever available in Hell.

Respecting between difficulties is ideal, but there a a few scenarios that it would not be necessary:
  • You are only using skills from your forever set
  • Normal+nightmare have the same skills you plan on investing in (Example I have Bash as a normal and nightmare skill)
  • No synergy bonuses from previous set apply to active skills (example: Babyhell uses Charge and Vigor in NM, but switches to vengeance in Hell, neither synergy applies and no pre-req synergy applies theoretically could decide not to use a respec)

The biggest reason for the respec being needed is to prevent bonuses from synergy or passives skills that are no longer allowed to be used.

Thanks for the clarification @Vang
I'm trying not to think about Hell until I get there, which is doubtful.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High