Random Tournament 2021 D2R edition!

BleedRunner conquered Nightmare

After some focused leveling at Pindle up to lvl 71...
b6t0nkKl.png

r7VAcw9l.png

Forget about it...

...it was about time to head to the Ancients...
iud09JWl.png

Should have killed a bit more mobs on the way xD

...and discover the new leveling place. Not too bad of a map!
Bd6ZXBcl.png

kYBQYSDl.png

Waves had been taken down on p1, Baal p3. To be tried p3/p5 next time.
kYBQYSDl.png

Afterwards, went to visit the cows. First, Cain had to be delivered, and on the way...
bQ3LcdGl.png

Ok right it lacks a bit of MF...

Cows on p3 couldn't be handled, so it was a run away game to separate the King.
5QCTpnIl.png

I guess there's some hidden message in this drop...xD

So here he is, Conqueror! Resistances are not overmaxed yet to fulfill Hell penalty, so Nightmare journey is not complete. Next target will be those resistances, probably including Smoke armors, and clvl 75 doing Baal runs. Gold is muled out to gamble in Act 1 Hell, we will see at this point what is really lacking.

Also, as level difference and weapon seem to be efficient enough to solve the AR issue (clvl 72, Hands of blessed light has +100% bonus to AR), a switch to Holy Freeze merc has been done for upcoming sessions.

See you on next update!

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills      Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------      --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     72     78+96       WSK 2 NM                30
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     48     5 + 50      Rogue's Camp            20
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     32     33+58       Panda Fortress          9
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     26     42+18       Spider Forest           6
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     29     40          Spider Forest           6
   Yes Vang              Werg                 Nec     27     81+63       Kurast                  6
SP Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72       Lost City               3
SP Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     23     8+75        Dry Hills               3
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     22     21          Dry Hills               3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93          Cold Plains             0

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes Sid               Brisket              Dru     8      07+52       Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78       Deeds
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds                   3
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     23     40          Deeds
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   24     Many        Deeds                   3

Last edited:
Reactions: Grisu and Vildecor
@Vildecor here you are!
Vildecor's Random Roll
Paladin!
Class 7: 6
Skillsets 100: 80 82->42 86 48 96
Helm 8: 7
Armor 3: 3
Shield 9: 3
Gloves 5: 5
Belt 5: 2
Boots 5: 2
Class-specific *: 4->5
Weaponry *:
-> Scepters 3 2->1
-> 1H 18

80: 3, 11, 28
82: 1, 3, 30->42: 7, 11, 15
86: 6, 7, 26
48: 2, 7, 9
96: 17, 21, 22

Skillsets
Forever skill - ?
TBD
Normal: ?
Available ones - 80, 42, 86, 48, 96
80: Defiance, Might, Conversion
82: Prayer, Defiance, Fist of the Heavens
->42: Vigor, Might, Concentration
86: Resist Lightning, Vigor, Vengeance
48: Resist Fire, Vigor, Redemption
96: Holy Shock, Sacrifice, Smite

Gear
Crown
Armor3
Large shield
Gauntlets
Light belt
Heavy Boots
Aerin shield->Crown shield

Grand scepter->Scepter
War Scepter
Flail

Good luck!
Skillwise, there are some synergies to play around... Vengeance and Holy Shock. Forever could be 96 (Holy Shock+ Smite), Normal could be held by Might and Smite, Nightmare by Holy Shock only as I just did but on low psettings, and endgame an Avenger with the resistance synergies. But it needs a non-SP run, the weapon is so much important for the Avenger...
No Holy shield is the real pain :-/
82, Grand Scepter, Crown or Aerin Shield

Last edited:
Reactions: Vildecor
Thanks for the rolls!

I'll take a reroll on skillset 82 (get that crap outta here!), Aerin Shield, and Grand Scepter please.

Edit: and nice call on the bets. (I didn't peek until after replying btw)
Rerolls: 42, 5, 1

Editing the main post!

Well, you failed again with no Holy Shield!

I plan on using Holy Shock/Sacrifice/Smite as Forever Skills and will run Normal with only those skills so I can squeeze both the Resist auras + Vengeance skillsets together with Concentration for Hell (if I make it that far).

And yeah, after already experiencing single-pass avenger play very recently, I will not be going single pass with this character.

D2R is downloaded and I'm ready to go!

BleedRunner's LK Nightmares - Part 6

Now LK running is shared with Baal running. After some testing, p1 waves/p3 Baal seems to be the most balanced between xp/time/pots/merc resurrections. Also, crafted a Strength in Divine Scepter to accelerate things using Smite vs Baal.

Could finally craft the first Smoke!
tH8D3p3l.png

Two low quality Cuirass, only one got 2 sockets

LK charms were pretty nice, with single res GCs, and include the first (and probably only) usable skiller!
RtpDtnll.png

Pretty nice damage boost at clvl 21!

A3AtoEwl.png

Some MF never hurts

OpdxgOKl.png

Combat :love:

Now 74 - last level before Hell! But well, still need a second Smoke -_- Hard to try to push without this one!

See you in Hell! Hopefully...

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills      Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------      --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     74     78+96       WSK 2 NM                30
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     48     5 + 50      Rogue's Camp            20
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     32     33+58       Panda Fortress          9
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     26     42+18       Spider Forest           6
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     29     40          Spider Forest           6
   Yes Vang              Werg                 Nec     27     81+63       Kurast                  6
SP Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72       Lost City               3
SP Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     23     8+75        Dry Hills               3
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     22     21          Dry Hills               3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93          Cold Plains             0

Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5          Deeds                   3
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   24     Many        Deeds                   3

SerafinaPekkala has completed Act 2.

On arriving in Act 2 I switched to Waheed the Holy Frost merc for some extra crowd control. As expected the sewers was quite painful and slow, and involved trying to lure small bunches of archers away from the rest. The rest of the act was generally ok, I did Maggot Lair at /players 1 but the rest of the Act at /players 8. The Tombs took a fair while to clear but were generally safe enough.

Duriel was done at /players 1. I managed to get him and the Merc on one side and me outside the range of this frozen aura like so:
1633861056282.png

I went through the complete set of red pots, a couple of tps and a couple of purples, but got the job done.

Item drops
1633861148131.png
1633861169024.png
1633861178240.png
1633861205129.png
1633861219782.png
1633861231226.png
Nokazan Relic
1633861261053.png

This was a bit of fun - a nice hole in the wall that I could shoot through without taking any damage
1633861364564.png

16mf Nagel
1633861385450.png

Nice double drop from a chest
1633861417677.png

The standard crap from Duriel
1633861678069.png

Code:
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     74     78+96       WSK 2 NM                30
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50      Kurast                  26

SerafinaPekkala Level 60 Kurst Docks

BleedRunner's LK Nightmares - Part 7

Leveling is officially over!

Session was pretty assassin oriented, with LK delivering a Bartuc's, and waves a +2skills rare Blade talons.

Best find is for sure this allres LC:
84AvA8gl.png

Not quite great, but still valid

Then it was a LK Fal, and on the very last run Baal dropped an ethereal Headstriker:
MKDk3TBl.png

Well...grailer I guess?

Finally it was time for a bit of crafting to prepare Hell. First the Insight in my two exceptional bases:
KsMMwu3l.png

S5UFUQVl.png

Checked!

However, no luck on the two remaining normal cuirass... 1 and 3 sox, so well... that little quest continues... and so the Nightmare... already 7M+ gold stashed, even with auto pick up it's quite a long time I'm running there... Yeepee.?

See you on next session!
Code:
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     75     78+96       WSK 2 NM                30
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50      Kurast                  26

Randomnipotent had some beef burgers after defeating Baal in Normal and is now on his way to save the world all over again in NM.
Screenshot031.jpg

Look how happy our old pal Deckard Cain looks! Never new he could smile from D2L...

Well, not much to tell really: Everything went smoothly, even Diablo himself at p8, although I had to resurrect my merc 4 times.

I really love the graphics from the RoF:
Screenshot001.jpg

Hellforge only gave me an Ort, but found plenty of other good runes (3x Shael and Amn each IIRC).
Screenshot003.jpg

Diablo himself even dropped a Spectral Shard I could use if I wanted to, but with no offensive spell whatsoever I guess it is not needed :)
Screenshot006.jpg

My army of (weak) skellies was able to protect me even from extra strong Frenzytaurs
Screenshot009.jpg

although I was glad that sometime on my way my merc gut teleport bugged and wasn't attacked by melee monsters anymore. So he was able to poke his way all through Act V and Baal's minions and Baal himself.

Found some nice upgrades for NM, too:
Screenshot014.jpgScreenshot024.jpgScreenshot026.jpg

Minions waves 3 and 4 killed of my skellies pretty fast, because I have no points in Summon Resist:
Screenshot027.jpg

But wave 4 was so far away from the throne room that their corpses weren't cleared by Baal, so I had a fully functional skelly squad against the Minions of Destruction. And with them constantly being decrepified, they didn't even manage to kill one skeleton :oops:

Baal took some time, but less than Diablo, because once he was constantly hit with Decrepify, he didn't do anything but take hits. Cast Decrepify, count to 4, cast Decrepify, count to 4...

Here's Baal's loot pic:
Screenshot030.jpg

Now I have to look through my stashes to see if I have an adequate Zombie Head to put Rhyme into...Let's start cube repair all those low quality Zombie Heads, shall wee? :)

Screenshot019.jpg

@Vang: I know I declared that I use 33+58 in Normal, but you said we didn't have to do that. I only used the 33 skill set in Normal, so am I still free to use the skill set 58 in NM or Hell?
@Jcakes: Out of curiosity: How do you get 26 points? It's no multiple of 3 IIRC 😅

Code:
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     49     33          NM Rogue Camp           18

Randomnipotent, level 49, NM Rogue Encampment next

Fernando has finished Acts I-III. Unfortunately, it looks like I don't have any screenshots to share, because I forgot that it doesn't matter what you change the screenshot keybind to, the only way to take screenshots is with the default Print Screen button. :(

I full-cleared the Moor and Den of Evil on p8 for old times' sake, then just pushed through on p1 to have a nice, relaxing time. All the way up to level 24, I've just been using normal attack, with the occasional Sacrifice for tougher monsters. I've put a few points in Smite as well, but haven't really needed it yet (if I had some crushing blow, that would be awesome!). At level 24 I finally was able to use Holy Shock and things died even faster.

Gearwise, I'm using a Steel Flail and Stealth Splint Mail. I was lucky enough to get a 23% MF amulet and gambled some Heavy Boots with 24% MF. Gloves and Belt are just boosting fire and lightning resists, and I have a Large Shield with 3 chipped diamonds. I was able to gamble Crowns at level 25, and it's mostly just a placeholder with 10% FHR because they're expensive to gamble. I'll definitely be shopping these in Act IV!

I've got a Prayer merc with another Stealth Splint Mail and a rare Pike with ED, LL, and 1 open socket.

I'm really enjoying the D2R experience, and I'm glad I decided to try it out. It runs great on my PC with no issues and load times aren't bad. The only thing keeping me from a total transfer is the amount of time I'd have to spend creating mules to haul over all the stuff in my stashes.

I'll make sure and use the right button for screenshots for my next update!

Code:
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     49     33          NM Rogue Camp           18
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     25     96          Pandemonium Fortress    9

Reactions: Babyhell and Grisu
My baby's in Hell!

After some Pindle running...
GnQJTe8l.png

Forbidden -_-

hpLBwbBl.png

Not bad!

nSpsKt5l.png

Forbidden too -_- well that was a merc's gear session!

...LK delivered the long awaited Smoke base...
ryBpqJyl.png

D8AcKXpl.png

Allelujah!

...and it was time to respec.
FrSoWyml.png

ZFfh1E4l.png

AGS35Jpl.png

FivqwPWl.png

Charger he is

5JwSbo6l.png

Training has started on this particular gameplay

Let's go.

Code:
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     75     78+86+71    Cold Plains H           30
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50      Kurast                  24
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     25     96          Pandemonium Fortress    9

Last edited:
Reactions: Vildecor and Grisu
It is in Australia :p

in all seriousness isn't it +5 for completing a difficulty singlepass or did I just completely make that up?

Edit: NVM it is +3 for single-pass per difficulty :D
Alright so 15+3+6 -> 24 if I'm awake. I corrected the table in my last post :)

I believe this game is trolling me hard:
1633961028032.png

1633961055517.png

In all seriousness, the Tarnhelm was 30% as well. Used it until very recently which now is a permanent dunce cap on my mercenary.

I was able to breeze my way through the rest of the acts fairly easy. My goal was to get to level 49 for a maximum Poison Nova heading to NM. I hit 48 and decided to hit my respec to do a run or two in normal on /p5. (It was rough compared to spamming bone spear).

Entered NM and dropped a point in Terror. Then to my :eek::eek::cry: Terror maxes at 2.6 yards..points give more duration. This is all I can muster: :poop:

Okay. Played at /p8. Lalalala..okay /p1 while I slowly work on levels and getting better gear. Skull Caps are probably a terrible choice overall if you don't get a real Tarn helm or Rockstopper (which would be AMAZINNGGGG)

Cost way to much to gamble for one and the return on sell price is laughable all the time. (18k for an average of 500 back)

Mercenary is using jank stuff and I got about 100ish MF rolling myself, so we will see how it progresses in end of Act 1 and Act 2.

To the Catacombs I go! ....To be continued?!!!???!!

Code:
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     75     78+86+71    Cold Plains H           30
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50      Kurast                  24
   Yes Vang              Werg                 Nec     49     81+19       NM Outer Cl.            15  

Howdy all!

My first post here, but I loved competing in all the SPF tournaments back in the day. I'm already in deep with my online characters but I'd like to get back into SP and this looks like a fun time. Could somebody roll me a Druid?

Reactions: Kartongen and Grisu
Howdy all!

My first post here, but I loved competing in all the SPF tournaments back in the day. I'm already in deep with my online characters but I'd like to get back into SP and this looks like a fun time. Could somebody roll me a Druid?
Welcome back!

Druid:

27, 42, 15, 52, 26

Set 15: Cyclone Armor, Lycanthropy, Rabies
Set 26: Molten Boulder, Fire Claws, Summon Dire Wolves
Set 27: Volcano, Lycanthropy, Spirit of the Barbs
Set 42: Volcano, Werewolf, Maul
Set 52: Fissure, Raven, Summon Grizzly
Set 14: Raven, Poison Creeper, Heart of Wolverine

Armor (1)
Heavy Belt
Light Gauntlets