Random Tournament 2020 Stay/Shelter-in-Place/Home Edition

@Vang nice damage reduction/MF combo!

On my side, the quest to max res is now almost complete, only need is to find materials for a last flawless diamond.

Resistance-wise, this last drop solved the fire lack:
Code:
Garnet Grand Charm of Life
Grand Charm
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0x5c74bb9a
Item Level: 22
Version: Expansion 1.10+
+5 to Life
Fire Resist +22%

Other really nice tools are the following:
Code:
Fine Grand Charm of Inertia
Grand Charm
Required Level: 16
Fingerprint: 0x5b85d8f6
+7% Faster Run/Walk
+5 to Maximum Damage
+25 to Attack Rating

Rainbow Amulet of Might
Amulet
Required Level: 15
Fingerprint: 0x399ee198
+4 to Strength
All Resistances +11

And several other sc with either cold/lightning/poison res, already maxed anyway.

Soon to be back to questing!

Reactions: Grisu
Holy crap! Congrats @Grisu !!!

On my side the second perfect diamond had been created, here is the ending status for all of this (copy of my character thread without the dumps):
Normal LK sessions finds - allres quest complete
Current resistances state including finds
Inventory management
In inventory, I keep a TP book and the Cube.

In the end, everything could be maxed using 4 Gc and 2 Sc.
Also I could use 2 Sc instead of a Gc for CRES, but the juicy 39GF is quite an improvement for 1x1!

Available gear & charms
So let's detail all available resistances below:
(Note: Gc 10@ counted once for spaces in Fire section)
Fire 77 (91 available), 3x1 1x3 1x3*, maxed using 1x1 1x3 1x3*
  • Small shield 38@
  • Gc 10@
  • Gc 22 +5 life
  • Sc 7 +1 Strength
  • Sc 7 +1-2 fire damage
  • Sc 7
Cold 78 (85 available), 1x1 1x3, maxed using 1x3 (+1x3*)
  • Small shield 38@
  • Gc 10@
  • Ring1 14
  • Gc 16 +GF
  • Sc 7
Lightning 75 (88 available), 3x1 1x3, maxed using 1x1 1x3 (+1x3*)
  • Small shield 38@
  • Gc 10@
  • Sc 6 +GF
  • Gc 21 +5 Strength
  • Sc 7
  • Sc 6
Poison 97 (152), 2x1 3x3, maxed using 0x
  • Small shield 38@
  • Gc 10@
  • Stealth armor 30
  • Ring2 19
  • Gc 7
  • Gc 18
  • Gc 18 +FHR
  • Sc 6 +psn damage
  • Sc 6 +9life

See you on Act 4!

Last edited:
Very nice find their @Grisu

Nightshade has killed Mephisto - relatively straightforward with no major issues. Had one close call where I was running through an area I had already cleared at /p1. Got surrounded by flayers, but managed to get a CoS off and was ok after that.

My strat has changed a little bit in that I am now getting the SW to use Phoenix Strike most of the time, alternating with CoS.

Screenshot001.jpg
sszark the burning dropped the Broad Sword and the Jade Figurine

Screenshot002.jpg

Screenshot003.jpg

Got a second broadsword later on as I ended a session after the LK waypoint.
Screenshot004.jpg

Screenshot007.jpg

Did Meph on /p8 which might have been a mistake - used up a few full juvs and had to revive the Merc Twice.

On to Act 4

Nightshade Level 33 Assassin, Act 4.

Reactions: Vildecor and Grisu
And I was so close to finishing Diablo!!!! That stupid- "#&¤## fire hose!!!!

Grr.

Can someone please roll me a new char? I would like to try a druid. Maybe I will have more luck with him...

Screenshot006.jpg

Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     48     NM Rogue Camp          15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     27     Pandemonium Fortress    9
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress    9 (RIP)
     Vang              Shiv                 Asa     29     Lower Kurast            9
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     28     Kurast Docks            6
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     26     Kurast Docks            6
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     28     Kurast Docks            6
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3
     Swamigoon         Niminy               Bar     13     Outer Cloister          1

@queenEm: Very sorry about your deeds! Yes, Normal Diablo is a big hurdle, esp. because he kills merc quite fast...I'll roll you up in a minute!

Any wishes for the weapons or random weapon rolls?

EDIT - and sorry about the rolls 🥴

queenEm's Druid:

Forever Skills:
Tornado
Lycanthropy (auto-reroll) -> Fissure
Heart of the Wolverine

Normal Skills:
Armageddon
Twister
Raven
Grizzly Bear
Dire Wolf

Weapons:
Morning Star
Club
Heavy Crossbow

Armor:
Light Armor
Small Shield
Mask
Light Gauntlets
Greaves
Sash -> Light Belt
Hawk Helm

Well, looks like a...summoner...Tornado...build...in normal at least. Dang, Druids are tough in these kinds of tournaments, because their trees really aren't that synergystic among each other.

Any rerolls?

Last edited:
Did you roll both a mask and a hawk helm? I should use hawk helm, correct?

I would like a reroll for the sash, 2 rows is just too little.. When it comes to the skills; I have never played a druid so not sure what changes would be good anyway... I will keep it!

Edit: do I "lock" one normal skill now or I wait? If I can lock it now I would like to keep Grizzly bear

Last edited:
Did you roll both a mask and a hawk helm? I should use hawk helm, correct?

I would like a reroll for the sash, 2 rows is just too little.. When it comes to the skills; I have never played a druid so not sure what changes would be good anyway... I will keep it!

Edit: do I "lock" one normal skill now or I wait? If I can lock it now I would like to keep Grizzly bear
You can use either Mask or Hawk Helm - one is the helm roll, one the class item roll.

You can either lock one skill now or later before the start of NM. If you lock Grizzly now, you won't be allowed to lock another skill later.

Sash -> Light Belt :p

EDIT: Do you also want a weapon reroll?

You can use either Mask or Hawk Helm - one is the helm roll, one the class item roll.

You can either lock one skill now or later before the start of NM. If you lock Grizzly now, you won't be allowed to lock another skill later.

Sash -> Light Belt :p

EDIT: Do you also want a weapon reroll?

Thanks for the light belt... , no weapon reroll and the I will wait with the lock in.

Let the game begin!! (Again...)

@queenEm it may gives a pretty strong Summoner in fact... HoW, Dire + Grizzly, it will be an easy run through Normal after Dire wolves being available - until lvl 20 I would say. But afterwards, summons are for me not strong enough if not synergized and supported by +skills (Dark Clan Crusher is available as exceptional club!).

For the other type of druids, not sure about that, always played summoners - never succeeded to make a Pat or Guardian, even twinked.

I bet that Tornado is the best hope: have to count on a NM Cyclone armor or Hurricane to be locked, and the other one to roll in Hell...oh well, is that character the hardest of the 7 for that random thingy? I think I do agree on that point... GL!

Last edited:
@queenEm it may gives a pretty strong Summoner in fact... HoW, Dire + Grizzly, it will be an easy run through Normal after Dire wolves being available - until lvl 20 I would say. But afterwards, summons are for me not strong enough if not synergized and supported by +skills (Dark Clan Crusher is available as exceptional club!).

For the other type of druids, not sure about that, always played summoners - never succeeded to make a Pat or Guardian, even twinked.

I bet that Tornado is the best hope: have to count on a NM Cyclone armor or Hurricane to be locked, and the other one to roll in Hell...oh well, is that character the hardest of the 7 for that random thingy? I think I do agree on that point... GL!

Well I am not sure I will survive until NM... ☺️

Reactions: Babyhell
Man that Druid @queenEm looks fun, other than the xbow.

Another thing that I see is Lycanthropy is a useless skill, the easiest option would be allow the use of either wereform with 1 point to make it usable, otherwise we would have to reroll it.

Last edited:
Grizly + Direwolf will carry you through normal. My first tournament guardian was a shock bear summoner in the spirit tournament. (shameless self plug)

It was pretty easy through normal and nightmare. Hell is a lot harder for a Druid summoner due to no real solution for PIs - I had to use a glaive with 5% ctc amp damage on the merc as my only solution. You might struggle a bit until Dire Wolves - but you can just play follow the merc until then.

Crossbows aren't too bad for a summoning necro, you can let your minions tank and plink away from the background.

Diablo has fallen to the might of Nightshades Shadow Warrior. Chaos Sanctury was relatively easy and I cleared it at /p8. I completely forgot that OKs could no longer cast IM, so I spent the whole time panicking about a potential IM cast on my Merc. I managed to keep him alive throughout the entirety of the CS, until we fought Diablo on /p1, where despite his 75 res to both fire and lighting, Mr Merc lasted all of 7 seconds.

The shadow warrior faired a little better and could take 2ish fire hoses before I had to resummoner her.

Only one s/u for the act.
Screenshot003.jpg

I forgot how freaking long Izual takes on /players 8. I could have gone and made a coffee in the time it took to kill him. He was no threat to any of the team though.
Screenshot004.jpg

Hellforge. I also got a Sol and 2 x Thuls in Act 4 (forgot to screenshot though). Just need to find a good exceptional base and the Merc will rock an insight.
Screenshot008.jpg

Diablo fight action shot with the corpse of Mr Merc clearly visible. The SW had just been toasted and I am about to get Diablo's attention.

Screenshot013.jpg

and Dead Diablo.
Screenshot015.jpg

Onwards to Act 5. Nightshade Lvl 35 Assassin, Act 5 Normal.

Act 4 - An hour of mana potting, 5 minutes of rejuvs fearing
This act had been handled p5, p3 CS, Diablo included. And the boy is tough!

Skill points had been unlocked close to lvl 28, with no real reward.
kks49YWl.jpg

CoD entry dropped a Thul - best rune drop so far.
4imeHbAl.jpg

This is a nice drop! Got a 3 or 2os (unsure, will have to check) plain ethereal a little earlier, have to check ilvl of CoD area, it was on a mob iirc.
HI3tO0vl.jpg

Eld at Forge...sic.
2IncQTvl.jpg

Couldn't handle more screenshot of Big D's fight, being melee wasn't an easy task at all! Went back to town twice, used about 5 full rejuvs, full belts of life, mana, and had to resurrect the merc twice. But in the end got rewarded with success!
4tBGVrql.jpg

Here I come Baal!
MS8ltgll.jpg

Rockfleece. Usable tool!
992CQRtl.jpg

See you on Act 5!

@Jcakes I updated your status ;-)
Code:
     Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Last Waypoint          Points
     ----------------- -------------------- ------- ------ ---------------------- -------
     Vang              Bludgeon             Pal     76     Black Marsh H          31 (RIP)
SP   DariusTriplet     Vegas                Pal     41     Rogue Encampment NM    15
SP   Grisu             Pynache              Ama     48     NM Rogue Camp          15
     Vang              Shockingly           Sor     35     Highlands              13 (RIP)
SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     35     Harrogath              12
     Babyhell          Frida                Ama     29     Harrogath              12
     QueenEm           RandomQueen          Sorc    31     Pandemonium Fortress    9 (RIP)
SP   Vildecor          Daphydae             Ama     28     Kurast Docks            6
SP   Pb_pal            Silika               Asa     26     Kurast Docks            6
     Swamigoon         Witgat               Dru     22     Canyon o' Magi          4 (RIP)
     Swamigoon         Cuckoo               Dru     17     Halls o' Dead 2         4 (RIP)
SP   CaseyJones        Turgruel             Pal     20     Act 2 Sewers            3
SP   b1ur              Lynn                 Ama     20     Lut Gholein             3

Last edited:
Reactions: Grisu and Vildecor
Eyy I finally finished act 2! My mental health has been mediocre recently, and playing D2 oddly doesn't really help, so I haven't been playing much. I also don't love the last bit of Act 2, so I kinda dragged my feet. Arcane Sanctuary and the Tombs are just annoying in single pass play. That said, this character is pretty great. I haven't played a Barbarian in years - I believe my last Barbarian was Vladimir the skill-less Barbarian in 2015, who died in Act 3 Hell without any skills placed in the tree.

Having a big maul to kill things makes life pretty straightforward, though I try to let Azrael kill things for the extra MF. No real upgrades recently except some Light Plated Boots with slightly more MF. This was kind of interesting though:

Screenshot040.jpg

I think I've only found one ever, in softcore. I just muled this off since it's useless to this character.

Also I lost all my charms mid way through because I dropped them on the ground to make a town run, then had to leave my pc for a bit and I forgot to pause :( Fail

Code:

SP   Jcakes            Nightshade           Asa     35     Harrogath              12

SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9

• Wow
I knew I seen it somewhere...
On Wednesday!

...This was kind of interesting though:

View attachment 56779

I think I've only found one ever, in softcore. I just muled this off since it's useless to this character.

Oh and Act 3 Hell without skill point...oO congrats!!!

Code:
SP   Dazliare          IronChad             Bar     28     Kurast Docks            9

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High