One, Two, Buckle my Shoe - Item Find Thread - Mar 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news for my pally, after a long week in the CS:
1641769246970.png

Great news for my pally arrived again in time to celebrate:

1641769143739.png
The rune drops are getting out of hand...I am seriously thinking to push to 98 instead of just 97

Last edited:
Another unique ring:

S0gtrnr.png

According to @Grisu's perfect grail spreadsheet, this the one and only Nagelring that earns a zero percent perfection score:

S0WorstNagel.png

So, what do we call the opposite of a perfect holy grail? Anti-perfect grail? Perfect unholy chamber-pot? Whatever we call it, I think the PRNG is goading me into pursuit of it. We'll all have a grand celebration when I find that Tyrael's Might with four worst-possible stat rolls, okay?

Finds from Week 5 of my would-be-UT99er:

Last week, and the week before that ... I was a Sur Rune and an elite eth four socket polearm away from being able to create Infinity for my Lightning Sorceress. I once again dedicated my Saturday to the task of running LK, and was rewarded with:

045.png
An Ohm Rune :rolleyes: .

Now don't get me wrong. I like Ohm Runes. But when you've been looking for Sur or Ber Runes for last nine days ... they're just not that exciting.

My Saturday came and went and I pressed on with LK through my Sunday. Nothing 😞 . As my Sunday afternoon gave way to evening I crossed the ten day mark since I last found a rune that was significant towards my project (Sur or Ber). Now at this point, I was really starting to resent this LK map. Yes, I know the map is not to blame ... but reason couldn't change that it just felt ... cursed. So ignoring logic, I decided that I'd drop this map with a perfectly nice setup, and go hunting for an LK map that could let me rack elite four socket polearms (this map didn't rack anything more interesting than Scarab Husks ... and really, you can only use so many of those).

So, I wiped the map ... and as expected, that did not improve my mood. Now I was behind where I was ten days ago ... still no Sur Rune ... and now, not even a good map. Well, let's see what we can find. Within the first few map rerolls I came across an armor rack that was dropping Colossus Voulges. I didn't really want a Colossus Voulge for my Infinity base, but, while I was still figuring out what all could drop from the racks on that map:

046.png

Oh look. An elite eth four socket polearm. But not one of the ones I want :( . The 200 strength requirement wouldn't be a big deal for this character, now at clvl 88, but if future characters wanted to borrow it ... the 200 strength would be rather less than optimal. Probably not something that I'd want to put two Ber Runes into ... Let's keep looking ...

I came across a Cryptic Axe here ... and another there ... but could never reproduce the drop on either map ... and then I found:

047.png

MY MISSING SUR RUNE! 🥳 🌟 🥰

Woohoo! Less than two hours after giving up on finding it, I come across it on this crazy map that doesn't have much going for it except a whole lot of racks. Okay! Let's go find that pole and then we're in business!

And so the hunt continued. There were no sightings of elite polearms ... but then:

048.png

Wow! From doom-and-gloom to BEST-DAY-EVER!

Again, from a map that didn't have much going for it except a whole lot of racks. It was rerolled almost immediately after this ... and the hunt for an elite eth four socket polearm ... with reasonable strength requirements ... continued ...

Finally, after about seven hours of looking, I got a Thresher to drop. And it didn't drop during the initial randomly-teleporting-around-the-map-exploring phase. This drop seemed like it should be reproducible. And it was. But only through the tightest of paths:

049.png

You had to hit the weapon rack in the first hut from the right side ... coming from the left side would not work ... and then you had to teleport through the exact center of the second hut. Too high through it, and you get a Stygian Pike. Too low through it, and you get a War Axe. If there were monsters nearby, all bets were off. Really, it's something of a minor miracle that I stumbled into this map/route. Once I got the route locked down, it took a couple of hours to get the drop. I cubed some plain eth ones along the way ... no luck ... But oh well ... I got it done in the end!

Here's the grand rune total for my LK effort:

Ber - 2
Sur - 2
Ohm - 3
Vex - 3
Gul - 5
Ist - 3
Mal - 8
Um - 6
Pul - 9

And now it was time to spend some!

050.png

First up, Infinity:
Is there such a thing as a bad Infinity? I don't think so ...

Infinity
Thresher
BerMalBerIst
Two Hand Damage: 68 - 801
Durability: 33 of 33
Required Level: 63
Required Strength: 142
Required Dexterity: 108
Fingerprint: 0x5f4b8f9c
Item Level: 79
Version: Resurrected
50% Chance to cast level 20 Chain Lightning when you Kill an Enemy
Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped
+35% Faster Run/Walk
280% Enhanced Damage
-51% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
40% Chance of Crushing Blow
Prevent Monster Heal
+44 to Vitality (Based on Character Level)
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Level 21 Cyclone Armor (30/30 Charges)
Ethereal
4 Sockets (4 used)

Sure I would have liked to get over 300% ED, but this is still a great item in my book!

Next up, HoTO:
Still not much suspense ... at least nothing a couple small charms couldn't cover ...

Heart of the Oak
Flail
KoVexPulThul
One Hand Damage: 1 - 24
Durability: 28 of 30
Required Level: 55
Required Strength: 41
Required Dexterity: 35
Fingerprint: 0x429ae590
Item Level: 36
+3 to All Skills
+40% Faster Cast Rate
+75% Damage to Demons
+100 to Attack Rating against Demons
+150% Damage to Undead
Adds 3 - 14 Cold Damage Over 3 Secs (75 Frames)
7% Mana stolen per hit
+10 to Dexterity
Replenish Life +20
Increase Maximum Mana 15%
All Resistances +38
Level 4 Oak Sage (25/25 Charges)
Level 14 Raven (60/60 Charges)
4 Sockets (4 used)

Sweet! Wouldn't have been a big deal if it rolled 30 ... but above average is always nice :) .

Okay, and now the one that really counts:
Here comes the CTA ...

Call to Arms
Crystal Sword
AmnRalMalIstOhm
One Hand Damage: 17 - 52
Durability: 20 of 20
Required Level: 57
Required Strength: 43
Fingerprint: 0x6b81253a
Item Level: 43
+1 to All Skills
+40% Increased Attack Speed
251% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5 - 30 Fire Damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Prevent Monster Heal
+6 to Battle Command
+4 to Battle Orders
+3 to Battle Cry
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
5 Sockets (5 used)

Did you get excited when you saw +6? I did. Oh well. +4 BO? ... I'll take it! If it had been +3 BO or less I probably would have tried again. But I really hate wasting good runes chasing CTA rolls so I think I'll take this and run.

Woohoo! Feels good to be done with LK (at least for now). And, to have two extra Sur Runes in the end! I haven't settled on exactly what I gear I want my Lightning Sorceress to end up with ... I'm going to need to find some items first and try a few different setups (y) .

And to that end, I donned my godly mf gear:

Gemmed Great Helm
Great Helm
Defense: 31
Durability: 39 of 40
Required Level: 18
Required Strength: 63
Fingerprint: 0xc5bc9a71
Item Level: 43
72% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
3 Sockets (3 used)
Socketed: Perfect Topaz

Gemmed Gothic Plate
Gothic Plate
Defense: 131
Durability: 55 of 55
Required Level: 18
Required Strength: 70
Fingerprint: 0xbab283f7
Item Level: 37
96% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
4 Sockets (4 used)

And started in on Mephisto. (My last mf stop was NM Andariel).

It didn't take too long to get an upgrade:

051.png

Skullder's Ire
Russet Armor
Defense: 658
Durability: 90 of 90
Required Level: 42
Required Strength: 97
Fingerprint: 0xeef4296
Item Level: 87
+1 to All Skills
+170% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 10
111% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based on Character Level)
Repairs 1 Durability in 5 Seconds
+60 Maximum Durability

Nothing special, but I was amazed at what a difference the extra +1 to All Skills seemed to make (taking Lightning skills from level 29 to 30). I'm not sure why, but it seemed like noticeably more damage?! Anyhow, it really got me thinking that maybe I want my final gear to focus more on + Skills than MF ... we'll see ...

Up next: I've got to get some more gear from Mephisto! Happily, with Infinity and CTA, running him at P5 is a breeze. I'm primarily looking for an Arachnid Mesh (which I'm not even sure if I want to use), and a Harlequin Crest (which will be a monumental upgrade to my three PTopaz Great Helm). The question with the Harlequin Crest will be: Should I use one of my three socket quests on it? Sure, a Grippon's Eye would be nice ... but I've only ever found one of those in about a decade of playing ... and even if I did ... would I really want to use it? ... There's nothing at all wrong with a Harlequin Crest ... Hmm ... Decisions ... Decisions ... 🤔

Last edited:
Gambled rare things from Act II can sometimes take you quite far...
There is actually a frustrating lack of improvement for many characters before you reach nightmare in my experience which makes the end of normal a bit of a grind.

Normal Diablo downed with normal attack and no potions and no casualties, not even the shadow warrior! Not too bad for an untwinked character wielding Elzix's old junk.

"Haha! Bad choice of interior decoration! Fear my combat shrine blessing! Oh, right, fade..."

T03.JPEG

"Well, curse you then."

T04.JPEG

Right at the end Diablo threw a couple of stinging firestorms and it was rather stupid not to drink at that point just for the sake of having handled it without any potions. But everyone made it anyway. Cleglaws Pincers and iron wolf ice blasts are a quite dreadful combination for most enemies.

T05.JPEG

Act IV presented the chance to make a first blood craft, not bad at all for being so early in fact. It should come in very handy against nightmare scarabs and tainted. Also excellent for making Diablo bleed properly as befits a vampire themed character (Tamika from HoMM III).

T06.JPEG
Long live the Bloody Foothills...
...which are obviously exquisitely named in the protagonists opinion but also yielded not one but two Amn runes, best beginning of Act V ever. Both also came from catapult emplacements, which was rather funny.

T07.JPEG

T08.JPEG

Not only that, but also a socketed blade talon. All shall bleed!

T09.JPEG

After being rewarded by Qual-Kehk with an Ort rune at level 37 after a gruelling slog through the fortifications and elusive imps the upgrade of named useful Elzix junk ended in a very underwhelming end...

T10.JPEG

Gambled rare things from Act II can sometimes take you quite far...
There is actually a frustrating lack of improvement for many characters before you reach nightmare in my experience which makes the end of normal a bit of a grind.

Normal Diablo downed with normal attack and no potions and no casualties, not even the shadow warrior! Not too bad for an untwinked character wielding Elzix's old junk.

"Haha! Bad choice of interior decoration! Fear my combat shrine blessing! Oh, right, fade..."

View attachment 74692

"Well, curse you then."

View attachment 74693

Right at the end Diablo threw a couple of stinging firestorms and it was rather stupid not to drink at that point just for the sake of having handled it without any potions. But everyone made it anyway. Cleglaws Pincers and iron wolf ice blasts are a quite dreadful combination for most enemies.

View attachment 74694

Act IV presented the chance to make a first blood craft, not bad at all for being so early in fact. It should come in very handy against nightmare scarabs and tainted. Also excellent for making Diablo bleed properly as befits a vampire themed character (Tamika from HoMM III).

View attachment 74695
Long live the Bloody Foothills...
...which are obviously exquisitely named in the protagonists opinion but also yielded not one but two Amn runes, best beginning of Act V ever. Both also came from catapult emplacements, which was rather funny.

View attachment 74696

View attachment 74697

Not only that, but also a socketed blade talon. All shall bleed!

View attachment 74698

After being rewarded by Qual-Kehk with an Ort rune at level 37 after a gruelling slog through the fortifications and elusive imps the upgrade of named useful Elzix junk ended in a very underwhelming end...

View attachment 74699
Props for mentioning Tamika :love:
:love:

Oh look. An elite eth four socket polearm. But not one of the ones I want :( . The 200 strength requirement wouldn't be a big deal for this character, now at clvl 88, but if future characters wanted to borrow it ... the 200 strength would be rather less than optimal. Probably not something that I'd want to put two Ber Runes into ... Let's keep looking ...
Griswold's armor might be of great help. If its inherent 20 str bonus is high enough on its own, socket it with IAS jewels. Otherwise add 3 pamethysts for a 50 str bonus (or pemeralds if dex is needed as well, or a mix of them). With a level requirements of 45 it's great for leveling in general. I recommend to have one with IAS jewels and one with pamethysts among your leveling gear ;).

The choice of weapon for Infinity depends on the IAS of the other gear of your merc. If he cannot reach a better breakpoint with a quicker weapon, you can as well use the CV. However, a CA will be better, having the same speed, but lower reqs, so you are more versatile when giving it to a new character.

Last week: M'avina's bow, +2 Seraph's Hymn. That's my second Seraph's, hooray. No Highlord's yet.
Sunday: Aldur's armor.
Monday: Bul Kathos' CB (finishing the set, yay :rolleyes:) and Griswold's weapon with 4 sockets, but just 20x% ed.
Yesterday: Nothing.

Still no Tal's armor and amulet. Not even the orb, but 10 masks (I stopped picking them up) and half a dozen belts. No 15% one, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High