Official 1.13 SPF Ladder: Rules, Signups, Status, and Discussion d

Re: Official 1.13 SPF Ladder: Rules, Signups, Status, and Discussion

I think it's probably about time for me to actually do an update now that I finally got around to posting to the ladder site, so get ready for a bit of a long one.

Sookie is a pure blizzsorc, and is rather unlikely to ever use a single respec assuming I maintain my interest in the SPL and/or I continue to refrain from bringing my previous stashes forward, as I will need to make a few more sorcs eventually. Unfortunately, I hadn't realized that essences make more respecs until about level 75 or something, so I thought they were a limited resource and I didn't go ahead and respec every few acts or something like I probably otherwise would have done to make levelling even more absurdly easy, so Sookie got to do things the old-fashioned way involving melee for the first few acts and mercs taking down the highly cold resistant encounters. Fortunately, this doesn't exactly qualify as difficult, so she cleared normal (or possibly got to NM meph, I forget) on her first day.

She spent a little while at NM meph. I usually advise freshly started/restarted people to do about 50 runs or something - whatever it takes to get you confident enough to be able to get to hell meph and be able to kill him with a quick speed and decent MF level. I only wound up doing a couple dozen or something before I decided it was pointless and made the jump to hell meph at something like level 68. The next few days were spent grinding on the hell meph, which provided a wide variety of goodies for my stashes. I generally recommend ~1000 meph runs on a fresh restart, but I also cut this one short because I was a bit lower on the ladder than I really felt like being. I don't know how many I actually did, but I got to about 300 S/U's before I gave up. As a point of comparison, in the last SPL/untwinked MF tourney, IIRC I ended up with about grail-100 after 1000 mephs and a small handful of pindles, so I'm guessing I did about ~500-600 meph runs before moving on.

Fortunately, those 500-600 meph runs gave me plenty of usable gear for both questing and MF'ing, though I've still got a lot of different things to improve. I left meph immediately after hitting level 80 so I could put on my mesh and get rid of the crappy FCR ring I'd been using to hit a non-molasses-based breakpoint. At this point I went back and did the hell quests I'd skipped (i.e. all of them) now that I had enough goodies to have my merc handle CI's. Prior to this he'd been using a non-eth insight poleaxe which, well, just doesn't cut it in hell. Even against a single, lone blood moor zombie. Granted, he's only currently been upgraded to a non-eth insight partizan, but combined with a duriel's shell and crown of thieves, he can hold his own against pretty much whatever I throw at him. So anyways, hell questing was easy, as was going from A3 to pindle. I additionally discovered that my near perfect (1-2 tele) meph map was also viable (not great, but usable) for LK, countess, and AT, so I will hopefully not be rerolling this map up until whenever I decide to start baaling.

So after all that, Sookie is at pindle, where she'll be staying for at least the next couple of days. My ladder website update was immediately after hitting 85, but I did a few more runs before bed so she's just shy of 86 right now. She runs p8 pindle at around 20 seconds with 300 MF, which I'm perfectly happy with for a char that was six days old.

I'll probably run pindle up to ~90 or so, but I might switch over to meph or countess or something if I need a change. My goal is to have a CtA made by the time I hit 90, as that is pretty much my single prerequisite for p8 baal running. Based on what I've been told the new rune rates are, this should be a fairly easy goal to accomplish, but if not I'll have to spend some time running countess and whatever I can come up with as a good option for the ohm.

While I am currently at work so I can't actually check, from memory my pindling equipment is:
Code:
Shako (nonsocketed, which will probably change soon)
4x PTopaz Ancient Armor
Magefist or Trang's Gloves (forget which I grabbed most recently)
Arachnid Mesh
Aldur's Advance
11 res all/32 MF blue ammy
25% and 26% nagels
Spirit Broadsword
Rhyme
Harmony on Switch

...though I've been re-tweaking it on a pretty regular basis because I'm still not 100% happy with my MF/runspeed/killspeed balance. Oh well.

Best of luck, everybody.

[highlight]Champion Sookie, Level 85 Blizzsorc, A5 Hell[/highlight]

-CG

CG your gear is spitten image of my own gear :D

I did 500 pindy runs today ending up with Um and 2os CoA (worst rolls on other things), but i have no intentions of following your wicked playstyle mattinm :)
Perhaps I will push up to level 94 to max blizzard synergies, but not today, not tomorrow, not this week (I think). Unless I get struck by some kind of running frenzy that is.

Btw, where are you leveling your girl? I can't find any area that is resonably easy to run and not everything is CI.

94 accomplished, and now everything just stopped giving XP :(.

I've since re-spec'd to a Blova, with 13 points left over, because I'm not sure how I should approach CM until I've done a few Diablo runs. For right now, I'm running the Countess to get an Ist and a Mal so I can make Call to Arms. I don't really wanna risk pushing it too much more without that RW.

Well, that's the easy part over... I've got a feeling 95 won't come for quite a while.

[highlight]mattinm, champion polgara, blova sorceress, level 94, act v hell[/highlight]

I think I'm going to join the SC, Vanilla ladder as well, since the more I think about it, the more I'm going to want to PvP at some point.

I'm just getting back in to Diablo II since 1.10, want to give it a good send off and I've always loved the SP (especially SPF) side of it so I'll join the fun. I reinstalled Diablo 2 and rolled a necromancer (just like I always do) the day I found out 1.13 was released. His name is DJ-Bilepuddle and he's currently level 23, on Act 2 of Nightmare. I was going to follow the Fishymancer guide like I always do, but seeing the poison buffs in 1.13 I'm going to take a different direction with some of my skill points. I will post more updates when interesting things happen to him!

Good to be back to the SPF.:thumbup:

Forum Name: Nibiru-
Soft-core
FAM

Last edited:

Deeds :(

Don't think I'll start a new char soon though, don't have too much time to play D2 anyways... It was fun while it lasted, good luck to everyone.

So... just realized I had an inbox... heh
thanks mattinm.
Managed to get to 86 and I can comfortably run AT on /p7 but I'm having more fun running CS on /p1 (and /p3 diablo). I'm really just trying to get the essences so I can respec again :p

I've found orb to be kind of a slow killer. I can't run pindle past /p3 without my merc(/sometimes myself) dying.
So I'm wondering if Blizz/Charged Bolt would kill quickly. I would go blizz/ball but I've already got one of those and on top of that, I've never really used the lightning tree.

To the players in the 90s: cheers, I've never actually broken 90 in all my years on this game.

[highlight]Mat. Emeralda, 86 SC FAM[/highlight]

@Obdob - Do a Blova :D.

--------------------

A hair over 7-hours of running today, and I've managed to hit 95 from the AT. I was earning a little under 500k per run, and I had already completed some of the journey to 95 last night. I was graced with a single TC87 in the whole time - BKSC. I also found an eth 5os sup zerker, but that's about the extent of the good finds.

I think that's all for her tonight. I'm probably going to do some MFing tomorrow on /p1 to try and get either Tal's Armour, Griffons, or Fathom, so I can feel comfortable doing CS runs. Until I get some form a -eLR, I'm not really going to feel comfortable there.

If I get the MP bug, I *might* cave in and do the ancients so I can host some Baal runs. I do enjoy running Baal, but I'd like to give CS a legitimate run before calling it quits there. I've got a feeling that I'll give in soon enough though.

Now, it's time to go out bowling and socialize some. Too much of this computer, and dare I say it, Diablo for the last week. Adieu until tomorrow :D.

[highlight]mattinm, champion polgara, blova sorceress, level 95, act v hell[/highlight]

Last edited:

May as well join in since I'm starting fresh in 1.13 anyway ...

Playing an untwinked melee character is a bit of a slog, but being yet another sorc teleporting past everything is boring, so I'm going with a barb. Currently going the berserker route because that seems to be the easiest gear requirement wise, but at the moment with crap weapons playing above players 1 is a drag, so my level is kind of falling behind. Killing Diablo at level 24 is something I haven't done since classic.

In the spirit of respecs making characters generic, I've called him "Barbarian". Currently he's level 31 and just beaten Baal.

[highlight]Slayer Barbarian, level 31 Berserker, SC, FAM[/highlight]

Ran NM Mephy until 75, but I didn't get any good items, like the ones I'm looking for. Sitting at the Canyon, finishing A2 tomorrow. Ran the countess in Hell, got two levels and a bunch of low-mid runes, best was Pul. Should probably consider cubing some of them...

The Claw Viper Temple was a pain with all the cold immunes (Blizz/Fireball Sorc), but they did drop me a pretty white Monarch. Once I punch some holes in that, and get the needed strength, my skills will be awesome (my resists, though... not so much).

I'm at 100 SUs, and 20 runes. Hell Mephy better be nicer to me then his little brother.

[highlight]Halliwell, Blizzball Sorc, Lvl 78, A2 Hell[/highlight]

@mattinm: There is no such thing as too much computer.

Countess was slain couple hundred times to get me CtA, but runes are not dropping at very good rate.

So far I have:
Lem x 6
Pul x 4
Um x 6
Mal x 3
Ist x 1

Still far cry from CtA :(
If anyone need rune break I can do it with small provision :whistling:

EDIT: I found nice Sacred Targe rack on my way to Countess and racked couple of nice Spirit/Exile bases :D

Last edited:

Clocked 220 mephisto runs so far, best finds are The Reaper's Toll and Wizardspike. Simply amazed at how fast some people have managed to level, good job guys :thumbup:

Also, check this drop for rareness.

Anyone else feel a little disappointed at how the the SC ladder is dominated by sorcs? Makes me wish I had rolled an amazon or something instead.

Antega: thats becouse everyone makes sorc to run meph/pindle/cows for stuff. Not all of them will shoot for lvl 99 with those sorceresses though (I guess).

Matriarch now! :girly:

Leveled to 85 before killing Diablo. Found a rune I'd never seen before... :thumbup:

Chaos sanctuary was exciting. LOTS of random boss packs including two fire & cold immune oblivion knights. Infector was extra fast & conviction aura and toasted my merc instantly... took a while to get him down.
Diablo was a matter of keep moving and throwing orbs in his general direction. He gave up eventually.

Act 5 was hard. But this is hell after all. Started pindle-ing as soon as I could but nothing really outstanding dropped from him so far.

I think I'll start my first twink to get some variety. I long for melee action and so I introduce:

[highlight]Alistair, Paladin, level 1, act 1 normal, SC FAM[/highlight]

I have grown tired of my necro and am now moving on to my first twink char. A zon. 1 thing i know for sure, is that she will use javelins. And to deal with light immunes, she will most likely use FA. So basically a fishyzon. Not sure, but I might go with strafe later on.
I found 2 buriza's with my necro, so it i'll most likely use one of these. I wish I could have found a titans, but I'll make do with some decent rare javs I already have. :scratchchin:
I wouldn't mind trading if anybody has more than one set of titans, but you all probably want to wait until the mf tourney is over.

Anyway, here she is:

Lorinell, fishyzon, FAM SC

Astra is at least Conqueror finally. She already found her first unique ring (Nagel), unique amulet (Mahim) and highest rune Ko. Although I want to go FAM I didn't instal rwm yet, but I will do sometime later.

I was impressed by this ring:

Shadow Band
Ring
Required Level: 48
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0x9170b76a
+11 to Strength
+71 to Mana

+55 to Attack Rating
All Resistances +10
Adds 1-11 lightning damage
4% Mana stolen per hit

And iirc for the first time I'm using Blackleach Blade (ethereal even) as merc weapon and can say it's very nice weapon for untwinked playing.

[highlight]Astra, Blizzard/Nova sorc, lvl 75, act 1 Hell[/highlight]

A new entrant in the ladder. I don't have as much time as some others, but I'll enter just for fun.

[highlight]Mynxxx, Ball/Orb sorc, lvl 31, act 4 Normal[/highlight]

Finished A3 on Normal last night. Gearing up to grind through act 4 so I can do some WSK runs and prepare for nightmare. It might just be me but I remember finding alot more unique/set items in the older patches. I've found a total of 3 set items and 1 unique since I started back.

[highlight]DJ-Bilepuddle, Modified Fishymancer, lvl 30, act 4 Normal[/highlight]

Time for a real update, now that I'm a bit further into the game. I started off as a fire sorc, for the faster progress in normal and early NM, before respeccing to Blizzard at about level 50 for Act 4. Late NM was fairly simple, as I'd done enough Countess runs to get the useful cheap RWs (although Sols were irritatingly hard to find). I didn't really play during the week at all, and left myself at NM Meph. I had a bit of a play earlier to get myself up to Hell Meph. Still a bit of a low level for the area, but at least I can now do Meph and Tunnel runs. Finding this took some of the discomfort of rolling a 25 FCR Spirit Monarch away too:

Gheed's Fortune
Grand Charm
Required Level: 62
Fingerprint: 0xd01ad08c
Item Level: 87
Version: Expansion 1.10+
94% Extra Gold from Monsters
Reduces all Vendor Prices 15%
40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

[highlight]Frozen_BeefIV, Blizzard Sorc, level 73, A3 Hell[/highlight]

Got up to A4 Hell, and level 81. Duriel was a pain, as were the Council, fortunetaly Mephy wasn't too difficult. Got an essence from each boss, too. Hopefully, I will be as lucky with the next two.

Used the cube recipe on the Monarch I picked in A2: it got 4 sockets. Made a spirit, and respecced yet again to get enough strength. Waiting for a 2 socket armor to make Smoke to fix my res problems.

Planning on running AT for a while, to level the merc for Mephy runs later. Because I have horrible MF, not planning on getting anything good from my time there.

[highlight]Halliwell, Blizzard/Fireball Sorc, Level 81, A4 Hell[/highlight]

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High