Official 1.13 SPF Ladder: Rules, Signups, Status, and Discussion d

Re: Official 1.13 SPF Ladder: Rules, Signups, Status, and Discussion

Phew... This is done too...

For those who are thinking I'm just slacking - think again :grin:
I had insane Countess frenzy those last few days:

I did around 700 - 800 runs in total, my rune stash count is 1165 right now, rolled 3 x 35 fcr Spirit shields, found Tal's Amulet, and some other nice stuff, but mainly
Lem x 9
Pul x 8
Um x 9
Mal x 6
Ist x 3

That sums up to 9 Ist Mal what is equal to CtA :grin:
I won't make it right now tough since I have some more things to be done before I'm going to need CtA. Who knows perhaps I find that %$%& Ohm rune and won't need to cube all of those :)

Next step would be Lower Kurast mixed with Pindleruns. Way to 99 is still pretty far away and right now I want Infinity.
Too bas that I don't know what is best setting to run in this new version but I'll stick to p8 for charms and gems etc...

Last edited:

I started my sorc as a nova/frozen orb sorc. It worked every bit as well as I expected it to... With one minor hickup.
I had neglected to take into account my severe dislike of frozen orb. The build is totally awesome, and does not need any stretching of skillpoints as the amount of synergies is very limited. It works very well untwinked too.

Due to me not liking Frozen orb all too much I decided to do a blizzballer instead. Enter respec. I figured I'd probably do a lot of meph/pindle/AT runs to get an itembase going. So I temporarily made her a pure blizz sorc first. I think she'll stay that way untill I get better geared (particularly my charms are lacking, but that's to be expected)
I'll probably not mat this girls before I get enough wealth to start some serious Baal running with her. Alternatively I'll see if I can come up with an assassin build to run CS with.
I'm planning a Berserker Barb as well, his progress does depend heavily on what weapons I find along the way, though.

For now I'll alternate between running pindle/meph with my sorc and questing my LF zon. I've amassed some pretty ok gear so far, so my zon could be done pretty soon.

I'm not (yet) running for 99, just enjoying the fresh start :)

Good show everyone.

Edit.

I should make a psycho dagger barb.

Code:
Bitter Impaler 
Kris 
One Hand Damage: 17 - 55 
Durability: 14 of 24 
Required Level: 48 
Required Dexterity: 45 
Fingerprint: 0x96a8a054 
Item Level: 85 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+1 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only) 
+30% Increased Attack Speed 
402% Enhanced Damage 
+7 to Minimum Damage 
+238 to Attack Rating 
Knockback
A shame about the knockback though.

Goes well(ish) with my first and only skillcharm so far.

Code:
Sounding Grand Charm of Sustenance 
Grand Charm 
Required Level: 42 
Fingerprint: 0x41d4cf9c 
Item Level: 73 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+1 to Warcry Skills (Barbarian Only) 
+25 to Life

Last edited:

@frozzzen: that's a truely impressive amount of runes in such a short time!

Myself, I'm sat at level 78 but have clocked just under 300 Hell Mephisto runs. It really doesn't sound like much but it feels like I've done loads. Best finds so far are Bonehew, Reaper's Toll, Shaftstop and Vipermagi. Still waiting on a Shako though.

I'll probably keep pounding mephisto until he drops me a Shako, then I'll switch to Ancient Tunnels until the MF tournament ends. Then, I'll go meteorb, slap Hell Baal and get mat'd, then either go for 99 or start a whirlwind barb/fury druid.

Guys, i have one question

where is pvp played?

I'm in the mood for some uncomplicated SC fun. This seems to be the place to have it these days :thumbsup:

[highlight]Amelia, Amazon (likely Fishy), level 1[/highlight]

[highlight]scrcrw, SC FAM[/highlight]

[highlight]
RIP : SodeNoShirayuki, Blizz Sorc, at Pindle
[/highlight]
As my Blizz sorc is no more, I am planning to make a Riftasin now.
[highlight]
Kunoichi , Assassin , Lvl 1 , Act 1 Normal, HC FAM
Forbarian, Barb , Lvl 1, Act 1 Normal, HC FAM
Artemis, Lvl 1, Act 1Normal, HC FAM
[/highlight]

Regarding my other char :
[highlight]
Zoro, Pally, Lvl 73 , Hell act 1, HC FAM

[/highlight]

Last edited:

Started 3 characters, planning on doing one of each class in SC, trying a new build (for me) with each 1. First 3 cabs off the rank:

[highlight]Laddun, Barbarian, Lvl 14, Act 1 Normal, SC FAM[/highlight]
Currently a Double Swinger, will be respecced as a Singer at the appropriate juncture (probably start of NM).

[highlight]Ladina, Amazon, Lvl 25, Act 2 Normal, SC FAM[/highlight]
Started off pumping Magic Arrow. I respecced too eearly, and am now having fun with a mana-hungy Ice Arrow zon who freezes things for her merc to shatter in the main. Currently pumping Ice Arrow to get the damage up. Will respec in Nightmare to a Magezon. I absolutely should have stuck to Magic Arrow until at least level 30, probably until Nightmare, by which time a 4os hurty stick for Insight might have surfaced (I have never, ever found a single item in Normal with more than 3 sockets, though I keep getting told that they should be able to drop from any monster > mlvl 25).

[highlight]Ladrul, Druid, Lvl 6, Act 1 Normal. SC FAM[/highlight]
Just started tonight. Currently pumping Raven, of all things (they are quite effective early on). Will respec as a Maul/Shockwave bear, going for max physical damage (so maxed HoW).

I'm planning on making a physical damage, dual-wielding 'Sin (i.e. Tiger Strike + Claw Mastery + Dragon Claw), a bog-standard Fishymancer, and no idea what Paladin or Sorc build at this stage.

[highlight]RIP CONQUEROR IaDocNotaNecro[/highlight]

Sad now. I committed the fatal mistake of thinking I was safe telestacking with summoned Urdars into the middle of packs; sometimes when things die, they explode, and given that the Urdar + skelly + 'Bonesnap' Iron Golem combo would occasionally one-shot bosses... anyway, it was a dumb thing to do.

Quick question, am I still able to use the items I've muled off the dead character before his death? My soj (Second ever, first in SP) + nice insight my merc was carrying etc I assume are gone. Kaput. But I had a lot of low runes and possibly a couple of not totally unreasonably crap items with which I could twink out another char. I kinda guess that that would rule me out of the untwinked ladder item find tournament, but that's ok, I'm more interested in heading for 99.

Might try something a bit different and play slowly. I could set myself up with a barb, with an act 1 merc carrying Harmony, hmmm *scurries off to start playing with skill points*

Quick question, am I still able to use the items I've muled off the dead character before his death?

Sorry about the deeds :(. You can use any and all items on your other HC Ladder characters that were not on the dead character at the time of deeds (or in his stash). So, your SoJ, lower-runes, etc (presuming they were in ATMA/GoMule) can still be used.

You could do a Flavie report right now to get a snapshot of the characters finds for the MF Tournament, as all his finds would still count, but any new characters will likely be disqualified for the tournament because they will likely be twinked.

Good luck with your next character!

Man... sorry to hear that spigot. Go frenzy with the barb, you'll be stupid fast!
(if only it improved jump speed...)

I've been looking for the essences, found 3 of them, just need baal to cough up his.
Diablo apparently wanted me to make a javazon dropping both a titan's and a thunderstroke (+4). So I took the hint and made one, actually started off pumping multi for early fun. Completely forgot to put her on the ladder until now, so here she is:
[highlight]Plethora 49, SC FAM[/highlight]

I also started an untwinked frenzier for some brutal melee action:
[highlight]Biggins 18, SC FAM[/highlight]

I'm gonna have to slow down for a bit, school is getting to the end of the semester and for some strange reason it comes first. (still don't know why that is)

[highlight]Mat. Emeralda 87, SC FAM[/highlight]

Well, [highlight]TheOtherDoctor, 22, Barb, HC FAM[/highlight] was born this evening, he's currently a conc barb, using a Steel made out of a flamberge and is about to embark on some council-bashing to level up to 25 so that I can equip a Strength. Hasn't felt in danger once yet, and once I can put on Rockfleece, and use the crappy first insight from my necro's merc, I should be kicking some ***. Whirlwind at 30... can't wait.

Unfortunately the SOJ was on my necro, so I lost it :cry: I'm kinda lucky that I managed to mule much off at all really, I've got IK boots, and a bloodmoon I'm going to have fun with later; I like the idea of having the new improved blood golem + a nice Black runword for lots of invincible crushing blow goodness. Expensive repair bills though I expect :yes:

Finally i found some time to give this a go and started my first char of the ladder. I already backed up my previous stashes and plan not to use them again. I decided to start with a barbarian for some pay back aganist those OKsi he is using double swing right now and will probably use it untill i enter NM. Then i will switch to whirlwind and stay with it.

[highlight]Greed, 16, Barb, SC FAM[/highlight]

Starting up again, haven't played for the last four days or so. Will update when I finish later tonight.

Edit: Finished up to NM Countess, dropped a Nef... sigh. More tomorrow.
[Highlight] DJ-Bilepuddle, 50 PN/Fishymancer hybrid, A1 NM, SC FAM[/highlight]

Last edited:

[highlight]Seeker_Sunrise, 1, Sorceress, SC Vanilla [/highlight]

Been playing my HC Fishy for most of the evening while watching the baseball (I have a subscription to MLB.TV and I'm an avid baseball fan). They are so stupidly easy through normal and nightmare (and even hell, but at least there is more danger there). I've just gone /p8 the entire way in full MF gear (the only things that aren't dedicated soley to MF are the belt, wand, and head). I think that I'll be starting a HC sorceress sooner rather than later to pound Mephisto and add some excitement.

On the SC note, I guess that I'm going to have to level my Barb alone, which is something I was trying desperately to avoid. Having dual-oaths makes his personal damage excellent (or at least better than the damage he takes), his mercenary just can't survive some council spawns yet. I've been trying to get some SC FAM Hell Baal runs going, but no takers so far. I'll keep on keeping on and post up a game or two tomorrow.

[highlight]mattinm, beluga, fishymancer necro, HC Vanilla
mattinm, runemaster, ww barbarian, SC FAM[/highlight]

I'll join you mattinm (found some time to play :alright:)
I really want to reach down baal's throat and take his essence at this point.

I'll throw up the Hell Baal's tomorrow night, if anyone's around. I usually go bowling between 9pm and 12pm my time, but I'll be down before and after. So, if I'll be hosting SC FAM Baal runs during the following times:

7pm-9pm [GMT-6]
12pm-2pm (or later) [GMT-6]

I'll post up in the Ladder MP thread (see the MP sub-forum) tomorrow when I'm hosting. Hopefully I'll see a few people in there! :D

Well, problem with MPing is that I don't want to reroll my map. Ever. I'll make new sorceress for run to 99 once I get good enought items, but this map won't be rolled ever (unless I do misclick). Simply it's amazing - LK is awesome, AT is only 3 - 4 teleports away from waypoint. Countess tower is great, and it has nice Sacred Targe rack. Meph map is also nice. Andy too. All of those rolled great and I don't want to reroll map.

So next sorceress will not be so map dependant :p

I also think that players in Ladder won't trade things. Seems like some players here don't have trade profile, othes want to be selffound etc.

I also think that players in Ladder won't trade things. Seems like some players here don't have trade profile, othes want to be selffound etc.

I think you're misreading the source of non-trading here (though there will be some of the self-found crowd.)

For some reason that has infuriated me for years, SPF ladders, which exist for the stated purpose to create a community of people using very specific restrictions to enable them to interact according to a specific set of parameters, always start off with an untwinked MF tournament which includes in its rules things like "self-found only - no trading." At least this one allows MP - the last one disallowed it IIRC.

Assuming the ladder survives past the end of the untwinked MF tournament (which the last one didn't,) trading might start picking up once it's actually legal.

If I ever run a SPL, I promise that the rules to the untwinked ladder tournament will basically consist of "you must conform to ladder rules. beyond that, anything you do to add to your stash is gg."

-CG

edit: While I'm at it, the reason I'm not MP'ing (which I normally love and do frequently) is exactly what frozzzen says - I need my seed to compete in the MF tourney. I normally handle this by making two chars, but given that the stashes for these two chars can't be combined for the MF tourney (not to mention the fact that I couldn't switch items between them) makes this a bad idea.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High