New 1.07/1.08 Magic Find Meta?

I assume the bonus ends when you make a new game?

I assume the bonus ends when you make a new game?
Yes, or when you die (others have reported). So the hassle of getting the burning souls or whichever to cooperate is real - took me quite a while the first three times I tried.

It is a bit unclear to me at the moment if there is more than one 'alternative' AI. I.e. do they do a different pattern (which results in a buff or not), when there are 3, 4 or 5 isolated wisps.

I have to say that due to the terrain of the plains of despair it was not possible for me to verify whether the 'Dance of the Willow-Wisp' lets call it, had 3 or 4 members.

My instinct says it had 4, but I could only see 3 wisps on screen...

The real use of this for me would be 1.08, but there are some significant differences between 1.07 and 1.08 (crushing blow, movement speed, availability of teleport charges) which require me to do a little planning in regards to which class and items I bring forward from 1.07.

Last edited:
I sent one of my HF rushed barbs and I can tell you 1.08 is super bleh. FI doesn't really work on unique/superunique monsters. You just get FI from regular mob even if you hork unique monster. It does work on High Council for some reason or other, and that's best place to pick up 1.08 HLW which I intend to do.

Some observations however, I did two act4/5 clears on 7 rituals x 4k MF. You can absolutely drop multiple of the same uniques in same game. I got many of the same uniques drop. Many I didn't even touch so it could have been that they despawned then dropped again, idk. But I did have two Manalds drop with is bleh because you can't guarantee HLW.

Also I'm 100% certain that I got unique Tigulated Mail from random trash mob in frigid highlands, so mobs can clearly drop higher quality stuff than is set by MF breakpoints.

Hydra Bow and Archon Staff are stupid rare and only drop in act 5 so making elaborate setups for soul dances and stacking MF feel super boring. I did get this off Pindle which was interesting but ohwell.

Code:
Wraith Call
Unearthed Wand
One-Hand Damage: 34 to 42
Durability: 45 of 54 --- failed unique I think?
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 64
Staff Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x6b23fdf6
+48% Enhanced Damage
+62 to Attack Rating
5% Life stolen per hit
+2 to Bone Prison (Necromancer Only)
Hit Causes Monster to Flee 49%
150% Damage to Undead
Level 9 Teeth (66/127 Charges)

For 1.07 this seems kinda nice, but whatever, don't think there's anything new that we could do with this find.

Question: do we know exact amount of MF you get there? I always hear it's around 4k but "around" just isn't good enough.

After thousands of hours game does become a bit stale.
Nonsense! I cant find enough hours in the day/month/year to get all the things i want to do done...
I did two act4/5 clears on 7 rituals x 4k MF.
Can you elaborate a little more on what the results were? 100% unique from bosspacks?
Also I'm 100% certain that I got unique Tigulated Mail from random trash mob in frigid highlands, so mobs can clearly drop higher quality stuff than is set by MF breakpoints.
What do you mean? MF doesnt determine qlvl, tcs do. Most of act 5 hell (almost 100% sure all of it) should have a high enough TC to drop an exceptional unique body armor whose qlvl is (guessing) around 60...

I would be surprised if the buff affected monster tcs, that would probably require code which wouldve been easier to spot by now.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate a little more on what the results were? 100% unique from bosspacks?

What do you mean? MF doesnt determine qlvl, tcs do. Most of act 5 hell (almost 100% sure all of it) should have a high enough TC to drop an exceptional unique body armor whose qlvl is (guessing) around 60...

I expected that you can't get unique items at all without being than MF breakpoint. Clearly not true, but I didn't know it. Anyway..

And yes, when stacked 7 times it was 100% unique items from bosspacks. But for WF/SS odds look just unpleasant. You have very limited number of bosses that can drop Archon Staff/Hydra Bow, and considering the difference in drop odds you probably just need to optimize the odds of Stormspire drop. Idk, 1.08 grail always looked crazy, but this doesn't make it any better :D

Just to chime in with little extra information. (credits to Phrozen Keep guys)

Effects last for 19.2 hours. You can stack many of these Rituals together and get MF to hundreds of thousands. It looks like this was in the game from 1.04

Something similar was mentioned by @Fruit way back in 2020.
has anyone confirmed this works in 1.04 yet? i might actually update my 1.00 install if that's the case (or make a new install for 1.05 or smth)

It is a bit unclear to me at the moment if there is more than one 'alternative' AI. I.e. do they do a different pattern (which results in a buff or not), when there are 3, 4 or 5 isolated wisps.
MF Buff works when there are 4 wisps. There is another event with 5 wisps when they make a pentagram. That doesn't give MF buff.

has anyone confirmed this works in 1.04 yet? i might actually update my 1.00 install if that's the case (or make a new install for 1.05 or smth)
Code for this event is in 1.04b. Confirmed by SvineFlue from PK discord

Last edited:
So, this is where every early-ladder-mass-duped unique came from?

I don't see how. 1.07 was never live on Bnet and 1.08 was only live for what, a month or so? Besides, the 1.07/1.08 uniques are fairly mediocre compared to 1.10+. This MF trick works in 1.14 and D2R, but does not force uniques to drop like it does in 1.07/1.08.

This looks like a "must do this" in SP tournaments... :rolleyes:

Again, I don't see why. Is 1.07/1.08 even a category in MFO? Maybe there are some 1.07/1.08 specific tournaments I'm not familiar with. Using this trick in 1.14 or D2R doesn't give you that much of an MF boost due to diminishing returns.

Reactions: snickersnack
I don't see how. 1.07 was never live on Bnet and 1.08 was only live for what, a month or so? Besides, the 1.07/1.08 uniques are fairly mediocre compared to 1.10+. This MF trick works in 1.14 and D2R, but does not force uniques to drop like it does in 1.07/1.08.

Again, I don't see why. Is 1.07/1.08 even a category in MFO? Maybe there are some 1.07/1.08 specific tournaments I'm not familiar with. Using this trick in 1.14 or D2R doesn't give you that much of an MF boost due to diminishing returns.
Ooookay. I misunderstood how it worked a bit. Thanks for clarifying. I'll try it out in 1.07 at some point, but for now, my sorc isn't even in act 4 yet.

Reactions: Silvio415
Screenshot004.jpg

Would prefer Hydra Bow over it, but hey, it exists apparently. Icy Cellar really does drop best stuff on average, even visibly so. Too bad that there's only so many mobs there and area is super small. I haven's ever seen Archon Staff or Hydra Bow even at white base tier.

Code:
Eaglehorn
Crusader Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 48 to 307
Required Dexterity: 121
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 69
Bow Class - Slow Attack Speed
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x94a56dd
+200% Enhanced Damage
+20 to Minimum Damage
+40 to Maximum Damage
Adds 45-75 lightning damage
Ignore Target Defense
+180% to Maximum Damage (2 per Character Level)
+540 to Attack Rating (6 per Character Level)

View attachment 87282

Would prefer Hydra Bow over it, but hey, it exists apparently. Icy Cellar really does drop best stuff on average, even visibly so. Too bad that there's only so many mobs there and area is super small. I haven's ever seen Archon Staff or Hydra Bow even at white base tier.

Code:
Eaglehorn
Crusader Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 48 to 307
Required Dexterity: 121
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 69
Bow Class - Slow Attack Speed
Indestructible
Unidentified
Fingerprint: 0x94a56dd
+200% Enhanced Damage
+20 to Minimum Damage
+40 to Maximum Damage
Adds 45-75 lightning damage
Ignore Target Defense
+180% to Maximum Damage (2 per Character Level)
+540 to Attack Rating (6 per Character Level)
Nice drop! How many rituals did you stack?

Reactions: snickersnack
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High