New 1.07/1.08 Magic Find Meta?

I'm certain I've seen Legend Spike from rack which is TC90 in Halls of Pain. They probably don't share TC? I mean racks and graves and such? I mean it hardly helps, but just curious.

But yeah, TC 90s just refuse to drop. I'm pretty sure I've had more WFs or Grandfathers than combined TC90 drops which is just getting to me at this point.

Screenshot086.jpg

etc etc etc...

• Wow
Reactions: ziambe
I'm certain I've seen Legend Spike from rack which is TC90 in Halls of Pain. They probably don't share TC? I mean racks and graves and such? I mean it hardly helps, but just curious.
Racks don't use TCs at all, which is what allows them to drop things otherwise unobtainable in 1.07. Simplified, when you click a rack it creates a list of all droppable objects (for armor thats everything, for weapons only those with the "bitfield1" entry of 3, this excludes bows, staffs, etc.) with base item level up to the area level, and then randomly determines which one is dropped.

Last edited:
Half a year later (and judging by the amount of screenshots) ~50 runs later I did get another TC90 item.
Screenshot102.jpg

So I'll put my tinfoil hat and ask, is there any chance that when you preload monsters it effects their TC drop? I've read item generation procedure multiple times and it doesn't look like it, BUT... for past months I've left barbarian character to gather stacks of MF while my sorc explored all TC90 eligible zones so mob hp would get reduced when I go killing them with barb. Today was the first time I didn't do it because I forgot about that tech and bam, dry spell is over and I got myself a TC90 item. I do assume it was just rng and all, but for people that know more about those things, am I completely crazy with that theory or what?

12 WF is the bank btw. I'm not really active regarding this project, but who knows, perhaps I decide to pick it up once again.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High