New 1.07/1.08 Magic Find Meta?

I did 5 runs total with 7 rituals from when this was discovered. Not many at all when you consider how much time we sink in diablo 2 generally. It's very obnoxious to stack that MF so idk how long will this hold my interest.

This screenshot is more interesting to me personally, got it couple days ago but didn't post it yet:

shrug.jpg

Admittedly, they didn't drop in same screenshot, but they did drop in same game and in same area, just had to carry it couple blocks over once second one dropped. Is this known behavior for old patches? Was under the impression that only one unique of a kind can drop in the same game. I was sure I've seen multiple of the same unique items drop before, but never really had screenshots confirming it until now. I ID'd both hoping it would be bugged (Wizardspike gloves anyone?) but nah, same item. Any implications this could have?

Reactions: snickersnack
I have noticed that unique drops will repeat in the same game if you are a ways away from where you first dropped that unique. I don't know exactly how far you need to be but it seems like if you enter another area or are several screens away, like you mentioned, then that is enough. However, if you carry around that unique or put it in your stash then it won't drop again in that game. It doesn't work like in modern patches or 1.00 where it will force subsequent uniques to be a different unique, like in the example of rings. So if you pick up a nagelring and subsequently in the same game another nagelring wants to drop, it will be rare.

Reactions: snickersnack
I'm definitely putting this on my, this sounds cool, I'd love to do it one day list. Keep in mind some items on this list have never been done .. or started and got shelved for years at t time.

I love the thought of perhaps starting with an empty stash in 1.07 (I don't have anyone far in 1.08 yet) and make a whole day of it, try to clear the entire game and have to choose which loot to take. Maybe even emptying inventory and weapon switch to maximise room.

Reminds me a bit of the thought about hellforge rushing almost 20 years ago .. it seemed like the thing I'd do before drop rates were buffed later. I did some to get up to a BER, could never force myself to do it again years after it though.

However, if you carry around that unique or put it in your stash then it won't drop again in that game.
It's not that simple. I've had uniques drop while having the same item in the stash, and I've had uniques drop while having the same item on my character. It looks like it's just the non-worn equipment produces failed-unique-rares, plus whatever the the can't-drop-twice range is.

Last edited:
It's not that simple. I've had uniques drop while having the same item in the stash, and I've had uniques drop while having the same item on my character. It looks like it's just the non-worn equipment produces failed-unique-rares, plus whatever the the can't-drop-twice range is.
Were those uniques you wore or had in your stash dropped in the same game?

The worn ones no, the ones in the stash yes.
I tested this but I couldn't replicate your results. I put a dropped unique crown and gothic plate in my stash and every subsequent crown or gothic plate was rare. I was running p5 Cows with 4 stacked rituals. What unique were you able to drop while you had another copy in your stash? There must be some other variable.

This is incredible. Alllll those hours spent trying to rack these items, and this was there all along... I have mixed feelings about this discovery 😂

Thanks for posting and amazing screenies people!

/g

Will the ritual be interrupted if your merc attacks the souls? Assuming the attack is not strong enough to kill them.

Not sure, but even a level 30 act 5 merc with no gear seems to be able to kill a soul.

Today's near misses: Beserker Axe + Great Poleaxe

Today's near miss: Thunder Maul.

and a souvenir:

1689514765864.png

+ a nice eth Headstriker to add to cross off of my yearly goals list!

How long does it take you from loading the game to having the stacks and able to start MFing?
Usually around 20-30 minutes for 7 stacks. About 2 hours for all 28ish which I require :)

Near misses today: 2x Thunder Maul, 1x Berserker Axe

Waitwat. You are doing 100k MF thingie?

EDIT: Assuming you are doing 100k MF breakpoint, what's the percentage of highest tier items coming from regulars vs from bosspacks?

Last edited:
@ziambe That's very quick. I've got a hard time to make the Souls cooperate. If you could ever share some tips on how you do the Ritual, it would be greatly appreciated.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High