New 1.07/1.08 Magic Find Meta?

Didn't ever rack one in 1.07 (if it even exists there) so very cool drop overall <3
It does, although it's the only unique not rackable in LK. The only unique items not obtainable in 1.07 are Stormspire, Eaglehorn, and Windforce. In general, the weapons that can't be racked are bombs, bows, crossbows, wands, staves, and orbs.

Its crazy that a game nearing 30 years old is finding new ways to stay relevant after all these years. I dont currently possess the ability to pre-1.09d D2, but cheers to those of you who do lol.

I remember earlier this spring when I was playing D2 I couldnt even get grouchy old Meph to cough up a simple pair of War Travs and/or Gore Riders in 1.10s. Maybe now I can just bribe one of you 1.07/1.08 lads to find them for me :ROFLMAO:
I think if you really desired its not too complicated to get the files/remove the files for earlier patches. It comes down to if you have the will power to start from scratch in a less polished game! In saying that, there are some items that refuse to drop for me! i put a lot of time in 1.09 and don't have some things I have a tonne of in 1.10+

So it does work in 1.00, which means some old information that I might have read or that I might have made up was incorrect, which is not surprising. I stacked 9 rituals in hell and still wasn't forcing rares, so idk how many it would take.

I tried dying with 4 souls around me, and then letting them stack rituals while I'm on the "press escape to continue" screen... but they just sit there and don't move. Their AI simply pauses.

Does anyone have a high level necro they can test out rituals + bone farming with? If not I'll have to make one myself. It might work, or it might be that bone walls drop like a container, or like an enemy that dies from izual pop/chaos seals etc in which case mf would not affect them.

I remember earlier this spring when I was playing D2 I couldnt even get grouchy old Meph to cough up a simple pair of War Travs and/or Gore Riders in 1.10s. Maybe now I can just bribe one of you 1.07/1.08 lads to find them for me :ROFLMAO:
What are your 1.09 goals @Steven Q. Urkel ? The boots you mentioned aren't terribly exciting in 1.07:

1691942196158.png
source if you want to browse: Wayback machine
Well, so much for ever slandering Icy Cellar. This was really unexpected but most certainly not unwelcome.
Nice, I was planning to eventually rack one in Halls of Pain in 1.07.

Your 1.08 grail is coming closer in sight by the day!

some old information that I might have read or that I might have made up was incorrect
For it's time it was the best info we had. This breakthrough affects a lot of info and guides from old patches ;)
It might work, or it might be that bone walls drop like a container, or like an enemy that dies from izual pop/chaos seals etc in which case mf would not affect them.
I believe that @Fruit mentioned somewhere in the 1.00 news, gossip thread that MF does not affect bone walls/farming. I do have a couple of 60+ necros but I never used them (exclusively maggot farming buddies) nor did I ever try bone farming...I never had a need for it I guess.

It would seem that 1.00 doesn't have MF 'breakpoints' similar to 1.07 or 1.08. I do remember, however, that there is a different definition of breakpoint in 1.00 because there is a point where 1% higher MF actually reduces your odds rather than increases. Here's a link to @Fruit on MF:

and the respective graphic:
1691943436520.png

edit: it seems there are no 'bad' breakpoints after 201 MF
there is no other bad_breakpoint again after 151, so if you reach at least 201 MF, then you are completely safe from further bad_breakpoints, and every bit of extra MF is good. :)

It would seem that 1.00 doesn't have MF 'breakpoints' similar to 1.07 or 1.08. I do remember, however, that there is a different definition of breakpoint in 1.00 because there is a point where 1% higher MF actually reduces your odds rather than increases. Here's a link to @Fruit on MF:
Ahhh. This is probably it, yeah. Because I was under the impression that more mf = more blue and less yellow, green, gold (because they would turn blue. it's "magic" find not "rare, set, unique" find). So some combination of misreading, misremembering, misunderstanding, or only seeing part of the information and I ended up at the wrong conclusion. Thanks for clearing that up. That's what I get for skimming everything.

Reactions: ziambe
1.00 observations mostly... please take this with a grain of salt, all of this is based on my limited playtime rather than actual proof backed up by game data/code.

I'd say the ritual MF boost doesn't last for 19.2 hours. Approximately after an hour the drops seem to return to normal. Funny thought: souls performing the full ritual cycle = 4200% MF. 4200 seconds = 1h 10min... 🤨 The MF boost can be refreshed by letting the souls perform the ritual again. Stacking multiple rituals doesn't increase the duration. Great Marsh in act 3 can spawn souls, so going there via wp may be the quickest way to get the ritual done (and later to refresh the effect, if needed).

The exact details of the ritual could've been changed by patches somewhere along the way, even several times. No one knows, for now.

Great Marsh in act 3 can spawn souls, so going there via wp may be the quickest way to get the ritual done (and later to refresh the effect, if needed).
This is good point, its faster to check than the plains too and the accompanying zombies are slow, dumb and easy to clear.

The map shapes in act 3 could have their advantages too in terms of getting the gloams to cooperate/preventing them from getting too far from each other (my current theory) to start the ritual. I'm thinking that luring them to one of those nice river bends could be nice...

I also wonder if 1.00 gear is comparable enough to 1.07/1.08 in terms of damage reduction and replenish life to allow you to completely afk. Although iirc monster damage in 1.00 is significantly lower, even in hell.

There just simply arent enough hours in the day...

Last edited:
Monsters hit pretty hard in 1.00 in hell imo and the options for damage reduction are quite limited (no Sol runes). I've tried the great marsh to get souls to do the ritual, and personally didn't like the results. If they don't spawn in the little waypoint zone, clearing an area of mobs without killing the souls is quite tedious (blowgun flayers on opposite side of the river, anyone?). And if they *do* spawn in the waypoint zone, they might literally just wander off out of bounds through the trees and never come back. That was my experience in 1.06 at least, and so I did it in plains of despair only.

Depending on what the monster levels are in normal, it might be good enough to get the best affixes for boots, belts, and rings to just play in normal where they deal less damage, but I think if you only getting a few rituals then going afk isn't needed.

Since the only guys I have high level are whirlwind barbarians, i prefer to just go in hell because that's the only place where I can leech enough to get my mana back when whirling >_> and if no one is able to demonstrate forced rares in 1.00 then personally I'll probably stick with 1.06 for now. And might just give it up altogether and go back to cocoon touch + gamble for jewelry. I'll want to get my 1.06 guy a bit higher level and try some p5 runs first before that, though.

I believe that @Fruit mentioned somewhere in the 1.00 news, gossip thread that MF does not affect bone walls/farming. I do have a couple of 60+ necros but I never used them (exclusively maggot farming buddies) nor did I ever try bone farming...I never had a need for it I guess.
As far as I understand, both bone walls and the baby maggots don't drop from a regular TC; but only from the "MonsterGood-actX" TC because apparently, that's a hardcoded global thing that everything can drop from that.

This is 1.07.

What's wrong with the CK Set in 1.07? I get these failed sets at Normal Cows after 12 rituals (green from all regular monsters). I have 3 CK Bodys in my stashes after all these years and the cows I've killed. Hats I have plenty and they were dropping a lot in NM Cows after 2 rituals.

Code:
Prefix 820 Studded Leather of Protection
Defense: 47
Durability: 62 of 64
Required Strength: 27
Required Level: 18
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 28
Fingerprint: 0x7fe39401
+33% Enhanced Defense
Damage Reduced by 2

Also I've got lots of Green Heavy Boots (the reason I'm doing this), all Sander's. I'm starting to think that there is something wrong with CK Boots too. Does anyone actually have 1.07 CK Boots? I don't.

m4ke

Did you try hell cows with 1/2 a ritual?

Its on my list of things to do, but the list is long >.<

Did you try hell cows with 1/2 a ritual?
I'm looking for CK Boots and I have 0 Green Heavy Boots in Hell Cows in my 1.07 career. That's Why I went first to NM Cows but there rained only CK Hats AND one Green Heavy Boots (Sander's).

Then I've done several runs in Normal Cows and there I noticed the blue Studded Leathers. And all Green Heavy Boots have been Sander's. I'm just wondering if there is something wrong with the CK Set.

m4ke

I'm jealous, @m4ke. I'm still looking for my first CK war hat:
FlavieCKL.png
Just keep riding the herd. Over the past few years, I estimate that I've done more than a thousand cow runs, and I my Flavie shows that they have given me three pairs of Cow boots. (I'm not sure, but during that time I think my cows have also given me about five pairs of Sander's boots.)

Then again, that's in 1.14 - I don't know how different the quality classes and drop rates might be in 1.07/1.08.

No TC90 to report, but I my stack of Grandfathers and Arkaine's is increasing healthily with 6 each :) Now I can actually make 3 barbs and rotate them (which I absolutely won't do, but could in theory).

But I've been slacking a lot lately, mostly due to rl stuff getting in the way of d2. And second reason is due to unlucky stuff. I try to get ritual started, waste 5 min looking for planes of despair, get there, no souls. Reset. New map, same thing. After 3 attempts in the row ending like that I just stop bothering. Also WW desynch, and desynch in general. Managed to get ritual stacked, all fine, an then I got such desynch that I didn't even know where I am on map. I know game will autosynch in couple minutes, but it happened in halls of vaught with frenzytaurs and they ran me out of potions before autosynch. I make a habit of using leap and tp scroll to notice things like that, but sometimes it just slips by. Miserable stuff like that really take toil on you, so slacking it is. Hopefully progress soon.

I took froz' luck and got souls right at the entry of plains of despair to day, and when I killed all the non-soul mobs that spawned with them there were conveniently 4 souls left and they gave me the two needed rituals to get rares in 1.06 on my first map seed of the day.

Clearing CotD, RoF, Plains, and Arcane sanctuary got me this:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-17 085957.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-17 085957.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2023-08-17 085905.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-17 085905.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot6.jpg
    Screenshot6.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: Helvete
@ziambe I use 1.09d for /players 8 Hell Forge rushing. I may be semi-retired from that endeavour however, cause I already have 3x 1.10s CtA, I THINK I have enough left over r00nz for a 1.10s Bramble if I wanted one (gg Joanna rides again :ROFLMAO: ), and it would take bloody hell forever to rush an Infinity or Enigma. But my sorcy for 1.09 is (mostly) fully equipped already. Although, she has a Tals Mask instead of a Shako and not a single SoJ or 1.07 h4x0r Bahamuts/Triumphant/Prismatic Ring of the Apprentice (or whatever the MPK rings were called lol) so there is still room for improvement.

The ultimate long term goal is to build an PvM Smiter-din in 1.13d, buy D2R, and Smite the Ubers until I get my first Torch. I was after those boots cause my Pally in 1.13 has entered Act V Normal, and I thought they'd be good twinking gear lol. My sorcs in 1.09 and 1.10s are the only toons I currently have that are capable of MFing, and I reckoned the drop rates would be slightly better in 1.10. After not finding them in the spring I got discouraged and took a break from D2 to replay one of my all time favorites, Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun and the Firestorm expansion.
Im finished with CnC now tho, so maybe its time to finally get back to D2 lol

I guess complaining does help. Apparently screenshoting didn't work, but Giant Thresher it is.

Code:
Pain Barb
Giant Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 79 to 225
Durability: 102 of 165
Required Dexterity: 140
Required Strength: 188
Required Level: 66
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Unidentified
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x3f1dcd3a
+1 to Strength
+93% Enhanced Damage
+4 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-4 poison damage over 2 seconds

Pretty bad one as well, but that makes it 5 TC90 weapons, all of which are common ones. Time for a rare one, and let's hope it's the one.

EDIT: Pretty interesting stuff regarding classic as well. Don't think I'll follow you there with this, but I do hope to see nice stuff.

So, how exactly does hork drop when it comes to minions/regulars? It doesn't look like you get 53% hork. Does it take into account nodrop as well? So say you have 62% to get drop in the first place, then 53% to hork it would turn out something like ~33% hork rate? It seems that way but I can't confirm it, perhaps someone more knowledgable could chime in?

EDIT2:

Another GT :D

Code:
Raven Impaler
Giant Thresher
Two-Hand Damage: 63 to 178
Durability: 150 of 165
Required Dexterity: 140
Required Strength: 188
Required Level: 66
Polearm Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 90
Fingerprint: 0x19605f52
+54% Enhanced Damage
+61 to Attack Rating
+1 to Maximum Damage
Adds 1-16 lightning damage
Adds 12-25 poison damage over 2 seconds
+2 to Masteries Skills (Barbarian Only)

Also second Schaefer's. TC90 weapons = 6

Last edited:
Okay, let's go.

Hydra Bow #3 from Death Lord in Throne of Destruction.

Screenshot046.jpg

More stuff piling up, more stuff piling up~ I just want to add that I've at least confirmed that WSK3 imps do in fact drop TC90.

Screenshot044.jpg

Still haven't managed to confirm TC90 from Frozen River, but I am rerunning that area to see how it works out.

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
I just want to add that I've at least confirmed that WSK3 imps do in fact drop TC90.
Thats good info!

You got quite a nice pile coming along. Did I understand correctly, 6 grandfathers now?

With all those tc90 weapons, its only a matter of time.

Regarding horking, unfortunately im afraid the arent many forumites still around that unravel that mystery...

Recent thought: in those cow runs i did, i had 2 characters in the cow level to (im almost certain) increase drops. What I can confirm, is that the char that was not 99 got a substantial amount of experience. From about 93.15 to 93.65.

This means that both xp reward and party drops probably behave like 1.07 where the effect is not limited to two screens like in modern patches.

If this is true, bringing 7 mules to each of the 'good' areas we're clearing might further reduce the no drop to just 1.64%!

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High