MFO Summer 2023 Results

PhineasB

Guide Author
Mar 14, 2020
It’s been a rough 10 days for the denizens of the Pit and Ancient Tunnels. The terrorized packs and Pindle's horde are sick of visitors and ready for a break.
That’s right, MFO has concluded! Let’s get to results . . .

We had a late charge by @thefranklin to almost claim victory from low on the leader board, but @Vildecor got a second high-scorer on the last day to stay on top. I think the updated format worked well, and it was good to see a large group join. Another good annual MFO in the books, thanks to everyone who keeps this event going. The running thread is here, and the Meet the Olympians thread is here.

A quick overview of rank and total score is followed by detailed results. Thanks to everyone who got results in so quickly. I will update as needed. Congrats to the winner, Vildecor, and everyone who ran and got nice drops! Let's see some haul pics!

A85
1. Vildecor, Total: 82.8
2. Thefranklin, Total: 75.4
3. Ziambe, Total: 60.0
4. Nano, Total: 58.3
5. Nagisa, Total: 52.3
6. PhineasB, Total: 51.3
7. Kruemelmonschda, Total: 48.7
8. Gynli, Total: 45.0
9. m4ke, Total: 44.7
10. Kstil3227, Total: 36.3
11. Excalibur, Total: 31.7
12. Maxicek, Total: 27.5
13. Babyhell, Total: 27.4
14. LouB, Total: 25.8

A85
Vildecor
Astreon's Iron Ward 27.8
Astreon's Iron Ward 27.8
Griswold's Honor 9.8
The Cranium Basher 9.3
Spirit Ward 8.1
Total 82.8

thefranklin
Death's Web 27.9
Death's Fathom 16.8
Schaefer's Hammer 11.6
Heaven's Light 9.8
Ghostflame 9.3
Total 75.4

Ziambe
Ravenlore 14.6
Spirit Keeper 14.2
Griffon's Eye 10.7
Griffon's Eye 10.7
The Reedemer 9.8
Total 60

Nano
Ravenlore 14.6
Griswold's Redemption 11.3
Griswold's Redemption 11.3
Templar's Might 10.7
Boneflame 10.4
Total 58.3

Nagisa
Crown of Ages 10.7
Steelrend 10.7
Steelrend 10.7
Halaberd's Reign 10.4
Heaven's Light 9.8
Total 52.3

PhineasB
Shadow Dancer 10.7
Steelrend 10.7
Boneflame 10.4
Boneflame 10.4
Windforce 9.3
Total 51.3

Kruemelmonschda
Boneflame 10.4
Boneflame 10.4
Death Cleaver 9.3
Death Cleaver 9.3
Stormspire 9.3
Total 48.7

Gynli
Ravenlore 14.3
Cerebus' bite 11.0
Head Hunter's Glory 7.8
Blood Raven's Charge 6.7
Firelizard's Talons 5.2
Total 45.0

m4ke
Halaberd's Reign 10,4
Griswold's Honor 9,8
Griswold's Honor 9,8
Giant Skull 8,1
Nosferatu's Coil 6,6
Total 44,7

Kstil3227
Halaberd's Reign--10.4
The Redeemer--9.8
Drac's--5.9
Drac's--5.9
IK Armor--4.3
Total--36.3

Excalibur
Cerebus' Bite - 11.0
Wolfhowl - 7.3
StoneRaven - 6.0
Harlequin Crest - 4.1
The Reaper's Toll - 3.3
Total: 31.7

Maxicek
Ondal's Wisdom 7.8
Dracul's Grasp 5.9
M'avina's Caster 5.2
Cranebeak 4.3
M'avina's True Sight 4.3
Total 27.5

Babyhell
Flamebellow 3.3
Gut Siphon 4.6
Head Hunter's Glory 7.8
Medusa's gaze 5.7
Stoneraven 6
Total 27.4

LouB
Steel Shade 6.6
Stoneraven 6
Frostwind 4.6
Lacerator 4.3
Natalya's Mark 4.3
Total 25.8

Interesting results, congratulations @Vildecor

Did anyone run traditional P1 alvl85 or was eveyone doing Terror Zones? I didn't feel the Terror Zones that I liked best fell in my playable hours. Lots of Great Marsh & Spider Forest it seemed. A death in Upper Kurast after a horrible stair trap didn't help. I managed to recover the body but the game crashed straight after so I lost about 7% of the experience to 99. This made me run much more cautiously, which didn't help either.

I was doing everything at /p7. Mostly Chaos Sanctuary and the occasional Terror Zone. Bloody Foothills should be quite nice in theory as you have three superuniques in close proximity (Shenk, Eldritch, Sharptooth Slayer), but it didn't deliver.

Reactions: PhineasB
Congrats on the win! A few nice finds in there as well.

I ran like 3 days and did a mix of AT and Terror Zones. I liked Stony Field and Lost City the best, but I agree it's a little rough hitting the right hours unless you have a ton of characters for build options and good maps. In any case, it was some very nostalgic fun! Hope to see you all next year.

I ran just whatever was being Terrorized when I had a chance to play and yes the Spider Forest came up repetitively. Next was probably the Lost City. I got one chance at Travincal, Andariel, Meph and Diablo and 2 at Baal.

I ran my Wolfbarb, but switched out the Phoenix shield for a double Ist Ali Babba. Since I wasn't doing as much damage I dropped down and did everything at Players 3 to be able to kill faster. I didn't keep a record of hours played, but figure it was less than 30. What I found surprising is that I went from 98.6 to 98.75.

I got a total of 30 minutes running Andy and got what would have been three qualifiers from her none of which were in my top 5. Though she did really loose her head when she dropped an Andariel's Visage. Meph in 45 minutes dropped one would be qualifier and it also didn't make my top 5.

I think my top find was the 4os eth Beserker axe

I ran p1 Terror Zones almost exclusively. The first time WSK/Baal was terrorized, I did the standard players 1/8/3, which helped get me to level 94. I sometimes did Pindle runs when the areas contained a bunch of lightning immunes, but I don't think I got anything much from him. I did all the runs with my UT99er javazon, so I would probably have benefited from switching to my blizzballer, but I was lazy.

Screenshot006.pngScreenshot030.png
Screenshot016.png
Screenshot023.png
Screenshot024.png
Screenshot017.png

The first Caddy showed up on the 8th, which was a nice start! The second one dropped early Friday morning after sending in my Thursday night results. My Sunday runs gave me a decent amount of qualifiers, but nothing that ended up in the top 5. I found a total of 56 qualifiers.

Sunder Charms:
Code:
Fire       3
Cold       7
Lightning  4
Poison     3
Physical   1
Magic      0

Screenshot009.png
Screenshot022.png
Screenshot034.png

I found this MFO to be quite fun, although there were occasional annoyances depending on which zones were terrorized. Having multiple runners would make so much more sense than running with just one character. It would definitely help out with both resistances as well as bad maps for some areas.

Congratulations to all participants on their finds! I was expecting to be bumped out of first place by someone netting a last minute unique Sacred Armor, and was pleasantly surprised to see I managed to stay on top.

Congrats on the win @Vildecor !

I ran about 50/50 TZ vs pits/at. I don't think I found anything good in TZ, except for another CoA, but that was from andy herself so it didn't count. My Fathom came from pits with a lightning trapper, at which point I switched to a blizz sorc and alternated with nova sorc for the rest of the competition. The deaths web was from AT the very first run after doing TZ andy. It rolled a perfect -40 / 1 skill.... I happen to have a level 86 poison nova necro waiting to be played, but I am short a Jah and a... Trangs shield.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-16 190907.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-16 190907.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
Congrats to @Vildecor

I was also running with my HC UT99er Javazon, but I ran exclusively P8 Terror Zones for the exp more than the drops. I wasn't expecting much in drops. The only time I dropped the player count was to kill Baal on P3 during the 2 times WSK was Terrorized for me. I put all my drops on a mule to keep them separated from anything dropped by Andy or Meph.

Overall haul pic: Top 5 drops at the bottom. (minus the Blade of Ali Baba, I didn't notice I dropped it til I posted this picture o_O ) Screenshot061.png

I ran my v1.14 Pitzerker on p1, like last year. He had solid qualifiers, quite a few TC87s, just none of the biggies. I didn't bother picking up any S/Us that scored lower than 7 points, unless potential eth grail or high roll variance items. And I had a lot of drops like this with Archon Staffs, Caducei, Diadems and Coronas, plus one Unearthed Wand (no, the other one should be golden!):
Screenshot034.jpg
As for my 9.3+ drops: The Grandfather dropped Monday evening, then Windforce Wednesday morning before work, then the first Boneflame the next evening, then Ghostflame Friday evening, followed by Shadow Dancer on Saturday, and then Steelrend, Boneflame #2 and Death Cleaver on Sunday:
Screenshot004.jpg
Screenshot010.jpg
Screenshot018.jpg
Screenshot024.jpg
Screenshot027.jpgScreenshot031.jpg
Screenshot033.jpg
Screenshot036.jpg
None eth :( But I did finally pick up an eth Zakarum's Hand, bringing me to only 5 Exceptional items left in my eth grail. Plus three more Reaper's (I believe up to 94 now) without eth :mad: Runes were Ist, Ohm and Gul.

Nice non-qualifiers were 5/5 cold and lightning facets, an Amber (11) SC of Balance, Harpoonist GC of Balance, 2 Metalgrids, and some decent resist/life SCs. And the Barb is now a little past 93.5, with next year's MFO hopefully bringing him to 94.

Reactions: Nano
I ran approximately 20 hours of Pindle, and I think 2-3 of those hours were during TZ. I was about 2 hours short of reaching 5k Pindle runs, but 15.7 seconds average run time is pretty good with D2R load times. Lots of rares from Pindle, but nothing interesting to report.

Here's a couple of the top qualifiers along with some other finds. The phase blade dropped during TZ Pindle, and it got its chance to be an Azurewrath. The sacred armor dropped from regular Pindle, so no chance there.

Diablo II_ Resurrected 10_17_2023 2_31_51 AM.png

Congrats to @Vildecor! And nice try to everyone else.
And of course, thanks for hosting @PhineasB. :)

Summary :
  • Total time : 11h46m
  • Area : whichever TZ available at /p1
  • Qualifiers : 29
    Time​
    Area​
    Qualifier​
    0:19CSImmortal King's Soul Cage
    0:21CSHarlequiin Crest
    1:09WSKRavenlore
    1:15WSKFirelizard's Talons
    1:57CavesSandstorm Trek
    2:03CavesCranebeak
    2:15Stony FieldGimmershred
    2:35PitHead Hunter's Glory
    2:49PitStone Crusher
    3:35WSKTomb Reaver
    3:40WSKCerebus' Bite
    5:17CowsBlood Raven's Charge
    6:03SewersBonehew
    6:11SewersEaglehorn
    6:11SewersDangoon's Teaching
    6:49CatacombLaying of Hands
    6:55WSKGimmershred
    7:40CSJade Talon
    7:40CSM'avina's True Sight
    7:55CSOndal's Almighty
    8:00CSBonehew
    8:00CSFrostwind
    10:28JailM'avina's Embrace
    11:22ATBaranar's Star
    11:30Frigid HighlandM'avina's Embrace
    UntrackedCredendum
    UntrackedImmortal King's Stone Crusher
    UntrackedThunderstroke
    UntrackedDark Adherent
  • Other :
    • Gems : 144 Flawless Gems (19 Amethysts)
    • Sunder Charms : 14 (-70 Fire x1, -70 Lightning x1)
  • Exp : ~15% (1 death + body recovered)
  • Sadly none from my wishlist :
    • Fathom
    • Nightwing
    • Snowclash
    • Arachnid
    • Cold Skillers
    • Cold Facets
    • Tal's Amulet
  • No haul pic :cautious:

Reactions: Nano and PhineasB
Congrats @Vildecor and hope everyone found something they were looking for. Sorry I didn’t run in the end, too much going on in RL and didn’t feel like going for some halfhearted couple of hours of running.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High