MFO Summer 2022 Signups and Running Thread

Well then! 9 hours done today and two new items in my top 5, and tomorrow I'll reach level 91. With two days and at least 20 hours of running left, I should be able to get two new items in my top five two more times!

I improved my mf by 21 today as well, bringing me to a whopping 350.

Rather uneventful weekend ahead, I’ll try to run a bunch more just to get a few more actually useful items, hopefully. Score is already higher than expected, but shouldn’t be enough for 1st.. step it up guys, come on. :p

Glad there's finally an MFO happening when I actually have the time to put in some effort, been running quite a bit whenever I could make the time. That being said, I'm starting to feel the pain. ;) Well, just two more days then we can stop torturing ourselves.

@Nano I guess you could also include skillers for the desired skill lvl / number of bolts, still higher MF overall. I wonder if with Griffon's perhaps there's some 1-shot/2-shot breakpoints with certain lightning damage numbers vs. the various monster types/modifiers. But I get that bolt damage is the main source of damage.

Also: Would you consider FoH/Smite to be a suitable HC torch farmer? After MFO I want to build an Uber runner, ideally some build that can safely do both Tristram as well as key/organ farming. Haven't given it much thought so far, but a Smite-based Paladin with some AoE to avoid getting swarmed when farming the ingredients seems reasonable...

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
Also: Would you consider FoH/Smite to be a suitable HC torch farmer? After MFO I want to build an Uber runner, ideally some build that can safely do both Tristram as well as key/organ farming. Haven't given it much thought so far, but a Smite-based Paladin with some AoE to avoid getting swarmed when farming the ingredients seems reasonable...

Yes, FoH/Smite will work well as an all around key/organ/torch farmer. I used a pure Smiter, and I can definitely see FoH/Holy Bolt being useful in situations where it's crowded. Especially for clearing any witches near Lilith or Oblivion Knights near Izzy that can cast Amp on you. Amp will be scary in HC since you can lose 1-2k life at a time with it on. 90% of your time will be spent farming keys, so don't hesitate to have gear swaps between the key farming and Uber sections. More FCR for keys, more res/absorb/DR/etc for Ubers. Maybe pre-buff Fade for extra safety.

Reactions: Zyr and ffs
Rather uneventful weekend ahead, I’ll try to run a bunch more just to get a few more actually useful items, hopefully. Score is already higher than expected, but shouldn’t be enough for 1st.. step it up guys, come on. :p
I'm trying!! :D :D There's a few hours of runs left for me, so I'm pushing until the end.

Ubers with a FoHdin is an ultimate goal of mine after the MFO once I've got the gear for it. I watched a YT vid from a HC FoHdin's perspective, and he seems pleased enough with the build to do a 50+ minute showcase. NSFW language throughout. If I remember some of the main points:

- All Tower and Arcane Sanctuary enemies are all susceptible to FoH's holy bolts. Not everything is in Nihilly's lair, so it'll likely be the slowest key to farm. Upside is that ghosts in the first two areas die quickly to bolts since they stack up, so you get some easy extra chances at runes.

- From other vids I've watched, FoH may not scale well on higher player settings. Low settings runs would be simple, but p7 runs for max key odds could be dangerous if swarmed.

- Duriel's surrounding enemies are animals, so that's bad. Izzy's & Lilith's are demons, so that's good. And if you go down the tree to invest a point in Redemption, you've already got a point in Cleansing for the option to retreat and lame out curses for maximum safety.

- If you invest into Conviction to get it to lvl21 after gear choices, it'll overwrite Meph's own aura and ease the need to overgear on resists (but you do lose Fanat for the fight). Perhaps kinda niche, though, as you lose out on some fighting power and you probably already have the gear to run ubers safely already.

4 qualifiers in my last 5 runs. Unfortunately, none make it into my top 5. Hopefully that will change this evening. Even though it isn't a qualifier at this point my best useable find was a Raven Frost from Baal with +20 dex and 238 to AR.
I found a titans (non eth) and a jalal’s in my first two runs of the day. Both are pieces die builds I am working on or planning to make soon (Druid)

Found one qualifier for my top 5. One of my best days so far in the MFO

One of my best days so far in the MFO
Total opposite here, my eyes are bleeding for nothing :/ in fact no change in top 5 in a few days now... Officially complaining!

Still haven't found all the S&Us I'm looking for in HC, so I'll give it another push tomorrow.

Non-qualifiers since last weekend:
Screenshot301.png

Screenshot238.pngScreenshot242.pngScreenshot257.pngScreenshot268.pngScreenshot272.pngScreenshot283.pngScreenshot292.png
Screenshot310.png
Screenshot319.png

I've now found 149 S&U items but nothing I don't already have in my grail. I have 14 qualifiers, but only one worth any points. Beside the nice Raven Frorst I found a eth Tittans outside the throne room 195% ED and 7%LL. and Baal just dropped this large charm. I'm usually not into large charms, but I think its pretty nice

1662252053487.png

For those running Baal what are you playing and what's your run time

I'm playing my would-be-UT99er Lightning Sorceress Das-Omen. If you want, you can read up on her in this post made in the UT99er thread just before the MFO started. Or, you can see her here over at maxroll if you prefer that format.

She has 212 MF (perhaps I should have switched to a setup that has more :unsure: ), but makes up for it (perhaps) by absolutely wrecking most everything in her path. I don't have any long term data (as I don't want to know how long it's actually going to take to get to clvl 99), but ten runs I just completed resulted in an average run time of 2 minutes and 47 seconds.

It takes me seven seconds to load into Harrogath (D2R), but after that, the only potential hold up is if Lister spawns LI ... which he did, in three of the ten runs (which feels about right for how often that happens on average). If Lister doesn't spawn LI, my average run time was 2:32 (2:24 on the fast side, 2:42 when there was a lot of trash to clear). When Lister spawned LI, my average run time was 3:23 ... or put another way, about an additional 50 seconds of sitting back and watching the merc poke the plucked chicken.

In terms of the runs themselves, I go:
P1 - Clearing Throne, Colenzo, Achmel, and Bartuc. I use Chain Lightning to get rid of these P1 guys fast! ... (as I find summoners and Hydras annoying) ...
P7 - Ventar and Lister. I use Static Field and Lightning to get these guys. (P7 for extra drops and xp ... and it doesn't really affect kill speed).
P3 - Baal ... for obvious reasons ... if I mess up and end up taking him at P7 there's really not much of a difference ...

So, yeah. I love my 1.11b Hammerdin. But this Lightning Sorceress is wildly more damaging. I dare say she's the most damaging character I've ever made. I was looking forward to putting in some serious runs, but it just wasn't to be ...

P.S. - Yes. I did consider both playing left handed and attempting to get a PC compatible controller :p ... but in the end, decided that sitting at clvl 98.33, I'd be risking a bit much xp loss to attempt either of those transitions. So, next year ... I'll be back next year (y) .

Played a solid hour this morning. Then the keyboard and mouse stopped responding for some reason and I watched in vain as the Bartuc killed me. As I had no decent drops in that period either, it is now like it never happened.

Drops all suck, need something decent tonight.

• Sad
Reactions: Zyr
I probably have some time left to do a couple of runs more and sent results in, but I can already say the MFO was more of a succes then I could have imagined.

- I found Guillama’s face early on
- I found not 1 but 2 facets (first ever)
- I managed to do 100+ runs
- The pally leveled to 93
- I found about a few non-qualifiers I needed for builds I am working on or will start soon.

I loved the focus on running Baal. Next year I hope to have a better build ready to go. But now I am looking forward to play some of my other builds.

@PhineasB thank you so much for a fun week! Looking forward to running again next year.

It's not uncommon for someone in a85 runners to get a Tyrael's Might drop. So far it seems like no one else has found a Tyrael's Might. So therefore it's not uncommon that I should expect to find Tyrael's Might before I stop playing. This is how statistics works, right?

Surely the Golden Idol will carry me to victory!Screenshot015.jpg

It's not uncommon for someone in a85 runners to get a Tyrael's Might drop. So far it seems like no one else has found a Tyrael's Might. So therefore it's not uncommon that I should expect to find Tyrael's Might before I stop playing. This is how statistics works, right?

Surely the Golden Idol will carry me to victory!View attachment 82796
its 50/50. either you find it or you don't.

111 Baal runs. I’m done. I enjoyed the MFO, I am happy I did a last couple of runs because I found 2 more top-5 items and completed and elite set.

My results are in the mail

Reactions: PhineasB
I've got one more good set of runs in me today. The MFO has been awesome, thanks @PhineasB for organizing and thanks to everyone else for participating - reading your posts has been enjoyable and motivating.

Even if I don't get any improvement on my top5 (which hasn't happened since Wednesday 😂) it's been a great success.

Reactions: Zyr and PhineasB
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High