MFO Summer 2022 Signups and Running Thread

Hi All! Keep the updates and other posts coming in this thread. Also, please remember to send me your score updates when you finish running for today.
Oh… crap. I knew I was forgetting

Have you considered 125 FCR with Griffon's + FCR gloves + FCR/MF ring combined with 180 MF sword? Should result in ~50 more MF and a nice boost to FoH lightning damage, which I'd expect to have a tangible effect on run times on top of bolt dmg... Somewhat lower life/mana/DR from dropping Shako but at lesat in SC I'd be perfectly fine with that.

So far, my D2R loading times have put me off builds that traditionally relied on having super fast run times. Such as basically any Sorc, and I had expected the new FoH Pally to also fall into this category. But in your case it all seems to work out nicely and quite efficient, and with pretty basic gear too. Definitely on my to-do list in D2R, although with Berserk now being perfectly HC viable it will remain my go-to MF build in the long run.

Most of the gear is borrowed from my Pit Zerker, and I even consider borrowing the 180 MF sword as well, but didn't consider the Griffon's route to maintain 125 FCR. That's a good idea since this Paladin can afford to lose life/mana/DR/res.
I would lose a +skill from Suicide Branch and another +skill from switching to Griffon's. I consider the holy bolt damage to be more important than the lightning damage, so I'm not sure what the impact is from losing +2 skills. Could be nothing if the number of holy bolts to kill doesn't change, then the MF would just be a bonus.

D2R load times and balance changes have certainly widened the gap between Barb and non-Barb magic finding. Like you alluded to, builds that depend on super fast run times have been weakened by the load times. AT runners have to deal with the additional time loss with starting in Act 2. It's possible that another build+area can dethrone AT Blizz as the best non-Barb Alvl 85 magic finder within D2R. It could still be a Sorc, but in another area?

jimsfwind_AYAYA started his day out a bit rough with a death at level 88 with near zero experience. But he plodded his way along for 10 hours after that and upgraded 5(!) gear slots. Now he's about 2/3 way on the experience bar to reach 90.

For those of you who manage to score less points than me and would have felt bad for losing to this:
Code:
     Artisan's Hunter's Guise
Hunter's Guise
     Defense: 79
     Durability: 20 of 20
     Required Level: 30
     Required Strength: 56
     Fingerprint: 0xddd51a49
     Item Level: 85
     Version: Expansion 1.10+
+1 to Summon Grizzly      (Druid Only)
     +1 to Shock Wave (Druid Only)
     +2 to Hunger (Druid Only)
     72% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
3      Sockets (3 used)
     Socketed: Perfect Topaz

well then fear no longer. Now you can lose respectably to this masterpiece of griffon headdressery
Code:
     Gemmed Superior Griffon      Headdress
Superior Griffon Headdress
     Defense: 75
     Durability: 22 of 22
     Required Level: 30
     Required Strength: 50
     Fingerprint: 0x35f19a8
     Item Level: 88
     Version: Expansion 1.10+
+2 to Hurricane (Druid      Only)
     +3 to Summon Grizzly (Druid Only)
     +10% Enhanced Defense
     72% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
     Increase Maximum Durability 10%
3      Sockets (3 used)

Some things I felt worth screenshotting along the way:
Screenshot002.jpg
Screenshot008.jpg
Screenshot004.jpgScreenshot006.jpg
Screenshot007.jpg
Screenshot009.jpg

Ugh. Next year ... Next year you're all going to be in trouble when I come back with a functioning mouse arm :devilish: .

As for this year, I've found a few arm stretches that are letting me play for short periods of time ... if I stretch in between every Baal run :rolleyes: .

I haven't found anything very good, but at least all my items are now out of sight from the bottom of the score sheet :D . That's not saying much, but it feels like an accomplishment.

Three days left ... I'll keep limping towards the finish line. C'mon game. Can I get a sympathy drop?!

Good luck everyone. Not too much improvement on my score, unfortunately. Most of the scorers were found in the first 100 runs and now I am waiting for a big one to drop.

@HanShotFirst is it an option to play with controller? I like playing on the switch and it might relief some strain.

Results sent.

Last edited:
First 7 Days Update – Pindle+, A85 and Baal Categories
All updates are in! What a competition! All three categories are very close at the top, and everyone is still in the race in the Pindle+ and Baal categories, with a light's out race among three at the top of A85 and two more lurking within striking distance of the leaders. So lots of excitement to be had over the last weekend!

Pindle+
Some upgrades for all the competitors, but this race is still anyone's to win. Current rankings (without information about point totals) is in the spoiler.
BBS_Agonistes
Silvio415
Triple Helix
lizard

A85
It is quite the competition, with a top three very closely packed and the next two only a drop away from being right in it. This will be exciting to watch through the weekend! Current rankings (without information about point totals) is in the spoiler.
ffs
AntiRush
Zorohpjtr
PhineasB
Trim
Nano
Gynli
jimsfriend
Excalibur
D2(back from PR)DC
little birdy (no score)

Baal
This is still anyone's to win, and a key drop may be decisive as things go down to the wire!
m4ke
Swamigoon
LouB
maxicek
HanShotFirst
Arjan
Kstil3227 (no score)

Quick update on my end: The Necro hit 95 from 94 since the last update, with p3 runs in the Pit. Some improvements on the qualifier front, and main nonqualifiers were another Ist from the chest, one from open play along with a Mal, and two Jahs:
Jah.jpg
Jah 2.jpg
Hitting Level 95 with the Necro was my original goal for MFO, so I will probably switch to my Pitzerker for the final three days. He's a little shy of Level 92, so at minimum hoping to ping the level this weekend. Good luck everyone!

Nice double Jah!

I hit 95 with Live the warcry barb last night + this morning. I think I will go back to p1 for the weekend and see if I can keep the competition close :cool:.

p8 is so hard to loot sometimes. My pit map has a corner where 3-4 uniques often spawn, and since there's black to the right it can be really hard to read through the loot. Auto gold pickup on p8 is pretty crazy though. I keep not noticing that gold is maxed (which makes it even harder to loot 😂).

Unfortunately I don’t think there’s any way I’ll end up hitting the number of runs I had in mind at the beginning of the MFO… a big chunk of time that was going toward this was taken up by a car breaking down, being stranded, and getting it towed back home. 😂 Life happens!

I’ll still try to make a push for a decent set of runs before the end on Sunday night.

@HanShotFirst I can still remember trying to pl.ay after my rotator cuff surgery. The mouse wasn't a problem, but the keyboard was!

For those running Baal what are you playing and what's your run time. I'm playing a Wolf barb with 402%MF and my run times are averaging a little under 8 minutes. Baal by himself takes about 2 minutes. No Enigma, but great maps.

I wasn't expecting many runes and the highest I've found is a Thul, so I'm very jelous of those Jahs!

@HanShotFirst I can still remember trying to pl.ay after my rotator cuff surgery. The mouse wasn't a problem, but the keyboard was!

For those running Baal what are you playing and what's your run time. I'm playing a Wolf barb with 402%MF and my run times are averaging a little under 8 minutes. Baal by himself takes about 2 minutes. No Enigma, but great maps.

I wasn't expecting many runes and the highest I've found is a Thul, so I'm very jelous of those Jahs!
Classic zealer with incomplete end game gear. 286 MF and my runs take just under 11 mins

My goal is to hit a nice round number by sunday and hope for the best. Connie is now halfway to lvl 90, might hit it before MFO is over. Have switched to pure Pundle since Wednesday, because Shenk and Eldritch can't really drop any of the really big hitters, point wise. Counting on Mr Pindleskin and his buddies.
Unless a miracle happens, i expect to finish last. In the time i load into the game, @BBS_Agonistes has finished their run and i expect @Trim and @Triple Helix to be similarly fast.

For those running Baal what are you playing and what's your run time
I'm running a Full Tal's CL/FO sorceress named Hulda, who is now pretty close to level 98. She has almost 500 MF with her current gear, and very lucky maps that get her to the throne room in about twelve teleports. Her run times average a little under four minutes.
The above text is full of shameless lies, intended to demoralize everyone else during their final few days of MFO runs. :devilish:

The truth about Hulda: She currently only has 322 MF. I have only had one under-six-minute run so far this tournament. She does have good maps, but she needs six or seven teleports to get from the waypoint to the WSK3 stair, another eleven teleports to get to TOD stair, and another seven teleports from the stair trap to the throne room. Then with the time to clear the throne room and the five waves at /players 1, her run times are closer to seven or eight minutes. Except when she gets killed, which has happened three times so far this MFO. I'm so stubborn about recovering lost experience when she dies that I have wasted nearly an hour of aggregate play time recovering her corpses. Also, I'm way too dependent on her mercenary, so every time he dies, I tend to town-portal and go pay Qual-Kehk to resurrect him, making my average run times even longer.

I find that her most efficient position for fighting most of the waves is usually on the pedestal behind Baal's crab legs, with the mercenary in front of her, blocking the monsters from coming up the stairs toward her.

I usually switch to /p3 before entering the Worldstone Chamber. I experimented with /p5 and /p7, but those extended run times to about 10 or 12 minutes respectively, with only one or two more drops per run from Baal, so I figure /p3 is still my sweet spot for these runs.

She started the MFO at level 90, and right now she's only about halfway past level 91. So the truth is that I'm utterly shocked that I'm still in contention at second place overall at the last two check-ins, and I'm just hoping that I can keep my run times down and my luck up, just enough to squeak past @m4ke before the deadline.

Oh, and the candid truths revealed in this spoiler are indented to lull m4ke into complacency, so that he slacks off during these last few days and gives me a chance to surpass his score. :devilish:

My ryun times have varied from just under 7 minutes to over 12 depending on what gets in my way. Both stair portals are right around the corner and if I'm not blocked by a mass of monsters I can run from the WSK way point to the throne level in 20 seconds. I had one run where there was no one in the throne room itself. On the 12 minute run I had 2 Death Lord boss packs in the throne room itself.

I also had a Baal drop where all six items were etheral.

The drops during the weekdays sadly didn't contribute much to the score.
Here's hoping the final stretch is bountiful.

@Nano Thanks for the video!
The aura-less-ness, and the ability to use skills on right click, sparks huge interest for me.
Ima put it on a list of builds to try. :p

Good luck to every on the final stretch!

My ryun times have varied from just under 7 minutes to over 12 depending on what gets in my way. Both stair portals are right around the corner and if I'm not blocked by a mass of monsters I can run from the WSK way point to the throne level in 20 seconds. I had one run where there was no one in the throne room itself. On the 12 minute run I had 2 Death Lord boss packs in the throne room itself.

I also had a Baal drop where all six items were etheral.
My runs are spread a bit less. From just over 10 to just under 12 mins. I run WSK 1 and 2 on p1 and change to P5 when I hit the throneroom.

The longer runs all have PI witches in scores killing the merc which I need to break their PI with his reaper’s.

Edit: forgetting to put the new run back to P1 might not help speeding up things either.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High