MFO Summer 2022 Signups and Running Thread

Thanks everyone who's already sent results, and it's been fun to read the banter in the thread as things wrap up. My Pitzerker hit 92.5 a few minutes ago, and I'm going to try to push for 92.75, which based on XP / run estimates would be ~1000 p1 runs for him since Friday. Not sure I quite have it in me though, but hoping for the last nice drop might push me through :)

Reactions: BBS_Agonistes
121 Baal runs and I've found 7 qualifiers since Thursday. Unfortunately, the point total hasn't moved very much, but I've still got some hours to go. I've got to say that its been a success now that Baal has dropped me a complete Sigon's set including 6 pairs of gloves!

Had to take my wife to ER for what we thought was appendicitis and stayed from midnight until 8am night before last. Fortunately it turned out to be nothing serious, but between that and trying to catch up on sleep, definitely falling a few thousand runs short on what I had planned for MFO. That said, nothing like a trip to the ER to put things in perspective so I’m just glad everything is Ok with the wifey!

I will try to crank out some decent runs before the close tonight while we rest and recover! Best of luck to everyone!!

Last edited:
The golden idol did not, in fact, lead me to victory. My mouse arm hurts and I have played more hours than I scored points. My give up :( Submitting shortly.

While I've got a few hours left in the day, I have to call it. Put in too many hours yesterday and I'm paying the price today, so it's best for me to accept my fate.

Closing thoughts will be saved for the winners' thread, but GGs to everyone for being part of my favorite long-running SPF tournament! Y'all have been great!

Well I'm done and this was fun and frustrating. 19 qualifiers and the total of all 19 didn't break 100. Score sent. Given that I didn't even play last weekend and only had 11 runs as of the end of Monday I ended up with 145 Baal runs.

@BBS Agonistes As long as your wife is fine I can say the following. Perhaps the whole hospital trip was a cry for attention. You should try to talk to her a little more during these MFOs. My wife is still talking to me, or at least I think she is.

Well, I took it to the limit. But now it's time to go to work ... Results sent.

The good news, I did just find a new high scorer on my second to last run! The bad news, my qualifiers are still all total garbage :p .

My best find during the MFO was this non-qualifier:
328.png
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Amulet
Required Level: 67
Fingerprint: 0xb1874ee0
Item Level: 99
Version: Resurrected
+2 to All Skills
All Stats +5
All Resistances +29

This character's fourth and best! (Previous rolls were 23, 23, and 26.) She's now enjoying the modest upgrade!

Thanks for hosting @PhineasB ! I didn't get to play the way I wanted, but it was still great fun!

Pitzerker hit 92.75. Was it worth it to push through the evening? You'll have to wait to results to find out :D Speaking of which, all results but 6 are in , so I'm hoping to post the results thread tomorrow am. For the last few, please send those results when you wrap up for the evening!

I finished 1000 Pindleruns. 20+ Qualifiers. Running on switch was not the best idea, because the load times are truly insane. 17-20 seconds just to load into the game. But Connie needed the levels and the items. Thanks to all the runners and @PhineasB for hosting. Looking forward to the next one.

Results sent!

Sadly, despite completing over 2k more runs, no change in the score. I did get some fun items, though, so had a blast regardless! And it feels like an accomplishment to finish my first MFO! Thanks for hosting, PhineasB!

Wasted a beatiful day yesterday for nothing yet again :) hope others had better luck during the last stretch, looking forward to the results.

My rune drops were pretty good overall, considering I was running a Berserker. Following Cham and Lo early on, he found 2x Gul, 1x Ist, 4x Mal and a couple of Um/Pul/Lem runes. An Ist yesterday made me dual Ist his Ali Baba, bringing me to 603/473 MF. As for rares, at some point I switched to only picking up rings and circlets. Still lacking rares in HC, and I did get a number of useful rings in the process over the whole MFO.

Sceenshots:
Screenshot336.pngScreenshot337.pngScreenshot338.pngScreenshot339.pngScreenshot342.pngScreenshot352.png

Overall pretty happy with my haul regardless of placing.

I was looking for 3 items in particular (a 4th one with less priority) and found 2 of those. Definitely a success considering personal goals, with a number of drops that will certainly be put to good use.

I had estimated I ran for about 40 hours, but I think it was more than that. My Barb moved from 93.5 to 94.5, so yeah, I ran a lot. :D

Thanks for hosting @PhineasB, as mentioned before it was both painful and nice to finally have an MFO happening when work/RL wasn't too busy for a change, so that I could behave like an irresponsible teenager. :)

Oh, and the candid truths revealed in this spoiler are indented to lull m4ke into complacency, so that he slacks off during these last few days and gives me a chance to surpass his score. :devilish:
Don't worry. I did only few runs after the first weekend. Then my friend called me and I went to his home to take some beer and listen music =) I came back home yesterday to send my final score..

188 Baal runs total. Avg time 5:17 with my dual Auradin (~300 MF). I started the timer at WSK2 WP and stopped it when Baal dropped dead. 24 hrs in game time that way. Total 28 qualifiers. I lost lots of interest with runs #140-#180 without a single one qualifier.

m4ke

• Haha
Reactions: Swamigoon
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High