Mafia game thread

This is what I have so far, was update a while ago, but I am missing anybody that has voted in the last hour or so I think.
I keep it updated at the end of each voting day.

A very good catch. Moar not voting for all lynches so far. Knowing that they are Town beforehand? She has yet to vote today as well.

A completely different playstyle is very evident as well from last game when I was on her Mason team. It will not take much to convince me of her lynch, with these two facts alone.

Zokar gets townie points for trying but I think this is not entirely correct. Moar had a couple of votes in the middle of a day then later unvoted. I checked. If there is a mafia Ted, I think Moar is the most likely player to hold that distinction.

thefranklin was in a similar situation. I also checked on him. He had a vote in the middle of the day (I think D1), then an unvote so it never showed up on the end of day list.

I checked those two specific players and didn't check for everyone. I think I checked near the beginning of the previous (mafia) day but I'm not certain of that.

You're correct in that I did not count unvotes that ended in a no vote day. I wasn't sure if that was a specific tactic used by certain people. Appear active but retract any actions so as to play both sides of the game. Was just a bit confused by it was all.

I updated the count as of post #880 just now and most of us have 3 or 4 votes, Moar has 0 and thefranklin has 1. I'm not sure if there is anything to make of that, but it is what it is. anyway, I don't want to distract from our current issue at hand, this can wait until tomorrow when it's easier to spend some time thinking about what it means.

I'm not too comfortable with the fact that most of us seem to be assuming that all of the names claimed are the correct ones. I haven't look at who claimed what in awhile, and in what order, but this is definitely dangerous ground (especially when tied to think only 1 per name, which I'm still inclined to believe)

@Solar, that post by Val was just super mean. I really should give that thread a read someday, since it keeps being brought up.

I'm not too comfortable with the fact that most of us seem to be assuming that all of the names claimed are the correct ones. I haven't look at who claimed what in awhile, and in what order, but this is definitely dangerous ground (especially when tied to think only 1 per name, which I'm still inclined to believe)

@Solar, that post by Val was just super mean. I really should give that thread a read someday, since it keeps being brought up.

Someone brought up that post in another game? Cant recall where, atm.

Someone brought up that post in another game? Cant recall where, atm.

No one brought up that post specifically in a previous game that I can remember, but his play that game has been mentioned quite a few times.

Pharphis, Why do you think that post was "super mean"? Also, why has my super awesome victory of the century been brought up?

I'm more comfortable believing all the name claims than I am believing things such as "one and only one player of each name is mafia." Interestingly, both approaches might catch a Beth who is lying about being Beth.

But I'm not really worried about anyone faking their name. With all the Teds watching Teds and Normans tracking Normans, it will be easy to spot when a Ted tries to watch a Beth but the story says a Ted watched a Ted. That and someone faking a name will at some point have to fake an ability that shouldn't be posted in the daily story. Either that or they receive a different night ability and no one who should have that ability claim to have received one. We should hope someone lied about their name because it will be so easy to catch them.

I've never seen that specific post (or any that I know of), but Val's super awesome victory has been brought up a few times, especially in my first game where Solar won as SK. (spf themed game)
It's super mean because you tricked everyone like a jerkwad.

I'm more comfortable believing all the name claims than I am believing things such as "one and only one player of each name is mafia." Interestingly, both approaches might catch a Beth who is lying about being Beth.

But I'm not really worried about anyone faking their name. With all the Teds watching Teds and Normans tracking Normans, it will be easy to spot when a Ted tries to watch a Beth but the story says a Ted watched a Ted. That and someone faking a name will at some point have to fake an ability that shouldn't be posted in the daily story. Either that or they receive a different night ability and no one who should have that ability claim to have received one. We should hope someone lied about their name because it will be so easy to catch them.

*facepalm* I never thought of that. Very good, that simplifies life a bit. We'll still have to be careful about those not yet watched/tracked by the story, though.

That is a whole lot of words you got there. I shortened it for the others so they won't have to dredge through it.

Now we just have to figure out if you are trying to make a wild case to appear town while lynching a town or if you are trying to distance by physically putting as much text as you can between you and him. The use of the word "investigating" is really not what you want to do there.

Editing quotes is not a town friendly move. That puts you at the top of my list. But we are almost out of time, so that waits until tomorrow.

Unvote: Malevolent
Vote: Caluin Graye

1. You guys don't like to laugh? Come on, you can click next to zokars name in my quote and it pulls up his post. And the thought that i changed his post for my own good? Why do I care if Zokar had the longest, scummiest post in the game? Doesn't make me look good either way. re read it a couple of times maybe if you don't think it is scummy, it is a rambling bunch of mish mash a statue of liberty play.
2. Comparing me to the way a different person acted in a different game isn't the best way to make a connection.
2. I thought I voted for TC. I would have voted for kegs but didnt need to.
3. I put two twice.
4. I explained why I didn't post my role pm. If one of the Harry's is scum, it is Val for posting the entire role pm when the other's looked at Phar's switching around of some letterS and confirmed.

Night 5

They all gathered around the dining table again. No more distractions, Norman thought. There was something else going on with Ted and Beth earlier. Norman didn’t think Ted simply fainted; and Beth didn’t just hear him fall, these walls are inches thick, you don’t hear someone fall and rush over from the next room. Nonetheless Beth was there to help Ted.

“What were you two doing when Ted supposedly fainted?†Norman asked pointedly. “You couldn’t have heard Ted falling through these walls.â€
“Why didn’t anybody tell me something happened?†Harry snapped. “You were all ready to point to me with the squid thing yet you hide it if something else happens.â€
“You think one of us projected something bad on Ted, Harry? “ Norman asked.
“You’re naïve if you don’t. There’s nothing else going on down here except what we make of it. And you lot are intent on hiding yours. I knew it.â€
“You’re absolutely right, Harry. Beth told me I had a panic attack and overreacted, but I distinctly saw the doors close and the alarm went off indicating I was losing oxygen. One of you imagined this!†Ted commanded. “You put the idea in our heads, Norman! With your checking of the scrubbers and oxygen levels.â€
“Are you accusing me of trying to kill you? Beth was the one who found you before any of us even knew what was going on!†Norman argued.
“You don’t even need to know what’s going on for you to imagine it!†Ted said.
“I was the only one looking out for Ted, if I wasn’t there he could’ve suffered a cardiac arrest and he could’ve died. Don’t you dare blame me for trying to kill Ted!â€
“I saw Harry sitting in the dining room, with his eyes closed as if projecting something on us!â€
“I was meditating to block those thoughts out for your protection you *******!

Everyone was shouting at each other now, even Norman lost his cool and forgot what they were trying to accomplish with this meeting. Boy, that escalated quickly, Beth thought as she rushed out of the room and into her workplace. She quickly grabbed a needle and mixed some drugs into it. When she came back they were still going at it. She realised Norman was the loudest and jabbed Norm with her needle.

“What the hell, Beth? What’s in that needle†Harry shouted. Ted looked on fearful.
“I can’t stand this infighting anymore,†Beth screamed, “from now on if someone gets out of control or if we suspect anyone of conjuring up evil manifestations we’ll inject him with this. It’s a sedative that’ll put you in a dreamless sleep; as in unable to perform any evil acts. When they’re up we’ll know if they’re at it again and repeat the process. We’re all capable of good and evil manifestations and we must be ready to sacrifice ourselves so we can stop the evil ones. I’m off to bed. Goodnight.†Beth stormed off.

Caluin Graye has been lynched, he was Norman Johnson, mafia.

Edit: Scratch that, just learned I'm going to be without internet access from now untill well into sunday. Day will start on sunday at the regular time. 17:00 EDT / 23:00 CET.

Day 5

Norman woke up groggily but generally he felt okay. For a few frightful seconds after he was being injected he thought he’d either never wake up or end up with brain damage after being knocked out for too long. When he realised he was okay he understood Beth’s actions and decided not to make a big fuss about it.

As Norman left the sleeping quarters he noticed Ted in the bathroom, starting at his own reflection in the mirror. Norman thought about saying something, but decided against it. Now felt like a good time to see what Harry was up to. He couldn’t find Harry in the usual spots until he found that Harry made another bed separate from the others. He lay there sleeping. This Harry isn’t a threat at the moment, Norman thought.

Norman caught up with Beth and they both relaxed for the first time in what seemed like an eternity down here. Their quiet peace was broken by the sonar thought. Norman took a look and saw the distinct shape the giant squid they so dreaded coming closer.

“It’s Harry, I just saw him asleep. He must be dreaming about the squid.†They both rushed over to Harry with the sedative at hand, until they were stopped dead in their tracks.
“State your reason for seeing Dr. Adams, please.†Two black security crewmembers were guarding Harry while he was asleep. Clever, Norman thought, while at the same time very unsettling.
“There’s no time for this, we have to wake up Harry before his dreamt up manifestation kills us.†Norman reasoned.
“Please step away, sir. Dr. Adams does not wish to be disturbed at this time.â€
Norman knew there was no point talking them out of it, there were under strict orders from Harry whom they cannot wake.

Norman and Beth looked at each other and decided to try and rush past the guards to wake up Harry. It was to no avail, the guards quickly stopped them, however Beth managed to claw free and almost reached Harry before the guard jumped on her. And by doing so Harry woke up with a shock, but Beth got crushed under the weight and didn’t move.

Martinlong has been killed, he was Beth Halpern, town.

So Ted watched a Ted, and Norman watched a Harry.

But a different Harry killed a Beth if I'm understanding this correctly?

Sounds like we can have a better picture of which Harry is mafia-Harry based on this.

Wait, I'm mixing that up. Ted watches, norman tracks, so norman tracked a harry.

I watched Gory tonight because I thought they'd try to kill Goryani again and it would be useful to watch.

Why I wasn't online lately: Thursday night the forums went down right before I had to pack up my laptop because I was going on holiday Friday. So I didnt'g get to post a vote. Friday I travelled and I had no chane to log on. (I had plans to do so with my Ipad before 7pm CET, but I didn't dare with the problems with the forum problems.

Why I seem different than I was a the last game. I got the cop lynched there. And I was really good at getting other townies up for lynch also. That's why I am a bit less vocal this game. Additionally, this is a reruiting game. I thought CG was town, he wasn't. My read was from before the Norman got in he sphere though. So I can not trust anybody and any read. I don't like it at all.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High