KTA - New run discussion

Re: KTA - New run discussion

A very modest item list... Oh and don't forget the Magefists to reach the max breakpoint. I'd imagine a certain Kaxe would duel you over those though.. :rolf:

Personally I'd kill for a Buriza, a Twitchthroe and a 7% Manald.

Equipmentwise, I'm gonna need: Dual HotOs, Enigma AP, Arachnid's, Shako, 2 x SoJ, Echoing ammy of Life everlasting, and some Rare 35+ tri-res boots.
Thanks very much for posting that TJ, if we are going down that road (equip) I want a Dream Helm, CoH, Arach, Maras, Whisp & Raven, Eth Treks, Magefists, Phoenix Shield and finally, the most reasonable item, a Beast Zerker Axe...
What is that smell? Ah ... it´s Bull****. :crazyeyes:

See you in three hours.

[Edit] Does Cloak of Shadows stop OKs from cursing? If so, I might max that instead of the Shadow Master in order to not kill myself, with a crappy timed Dragon Flight.

I'd imagine a certain Kaxe would duel you over those though.. :rolf:

Big strong lad vs. an itsy-bitsy bird.

...oh wait - all I do is shout :rant:.

See you in three hours.

[Edit] Does Cloak of Shadows stop OKs from cursing? If so, I might max that instead of the Shadow Master in order to not kill myself, with a crappy timed Dragon Flight.

See you then.

And no, I don't think CoS will protect you against IM. At least it dosen't sound like it from the Arreat Summit skill description. Even if OKs can't cast IM on you, you may still be targeted by being in proximity to another party member on which the curse is cast.
Btw. how does Taunt affect OKs? Can I taunt them to use melee attack as opposed to casting curses?

#EDIT: Found this in the Assa FAQ:
Code:
Q: What are some of the properties of CoS?

A:
1) Unlike in 1.09, damage does not dispel the 'blindness' effect of CoS.
   The enemy vision radius of the monster while blinded is 1, but if a monster
   to be doing something (e.g.. chasing you) when you cast CoS, he will continue
   to do so (until you interrupt him, with a Psychic Hammer, for example), then
   remain stationary when the action is finished.
2) CoS dispels Firewalls (in the Arcane Sanctuary).
3) CoS prevents Shamans from reviving Fallen, Flesh Spawners from creating babies,
   Sand Maggots from laying eggs and ranged attackers from firing.
4) CoS forces monsters to use their melee attack, even if they are in range for a
   secondary attack (e.g. Balrogs will never use their Inferno ability when CoS is
   active).
5) [B]The blinding effect of CoS does not work on[/B] Bosses, Champions, Super uniques
   (including Act Bosses), Minions of Destruction, and [B]Oblivion Knights[/B]. The
   -%defense on CoS works on all monsters except Act Bosses.
6) CoS functions like a curse, i.e. you can overwrite your Necro friend's curse
   and vice versa with it. When CoS is overwritten, all effects on the monster
   in question are removed(i.e. it is no longer blinded or suffering from defense
   reduction, despite the dark screen).
7) CoS's defense bonus is treated differently from any other defense modifier
   (except RibCracker's defense bonus, which is additive with CoS's bonus). Hence,
   it is multiplicative, not additive, with other defensive modifiers, such as
   Defiance and Shout. To understand how this works, a bit of explanation on how
   to calculate a character's defense is needed:

A) Find the base defense of a character. For player characters, this is just
   Dexterity/4 and rounded down. For hirelings this should be their Dexterity/4
   rounded down, plus whatever defense they gain from levels.

B) Find the item defense of a character. This is the sum of all defense you obtain
   from items, which includes your helm, armor, shield, gloves, belts, and boots.
   Note that +%defense on items that have a defense number are exclusive to that
   item alone. So, if you have a Helmet with a base defense of 5(and a +100%
   defense mod on it, making the total helmet defense 10) and a Quilted Armor with
   a base defense of 10(and a +50% defense mod on it, making the total armor
   defense 15), you would have an item defense of (10 + 15) = 25, not (5 + 10) *
   2.5 = 37.5

C) Multiply item_armor_percent bonuses to the results of #B, then round down (the
   bonuses below are additive with each other):

Sources of item_armor_percent include

- Valkyrie defense bonus
- Spirit Wolf defense bonus
- Dire Wolf defense synergy from Spirit Wolf
- Grizzly defense synergy from Spirit Wolf
- Cloak of Shadows defense bonus
- +%Defense on items without a defense number (e.g.. rings, amulets, weapons. So,
  instead of +%Defense usually being applied only on the item it's on, +%Defense
  on weapons/rings/amulets are effectively being applied on every single piece of
  equipment. It's this property that makes RibCracker such a popular weapon on
  characters focusing on defense).

D) Sum up the results of A) and C) to obtain total character defense.

E) Multiply skill_armor_percent bonuses to D), then round down to find total
   defense (e.g. what's being used for calculating the chance a monster hitting
   you. Again, the bonuses below are additive with each other):

Sources of skill_armor_percent mods include:

- All Sorceress cold armors
- Paladin's Defiance, Conviction, Holy Shield
- Barbarian's Shout, Concentration, Iron Skin, Battle Cry
- Werebear defense bonus
- Cloak of Shadows debuff
- Shadow Warrior defense bonus
- Overseers whipping their minions
- Succubi defense curse

The result is that CoS multiplies the item defense, before other +%Defense
modifiers on skills are put into effect. In the end, you get a much higher
defense than you would usually have, had CoS's +%Defense bonus been a
skill_armor_percent bonus instead of a item_armor_percent (especially if you
have a lot of bonuses from the skill_armor_percent section). Whether this
property is a bug (since it's the only skill in the item_armor_percent
section that affects the character and not the minion) or a feature remains
to be seen.

Last edited:

Just tested, and OKs are immune to Taunt - so the damn things get to keep their title of the number one merc money-sink.

Just tested, and OKs are immune to Taunt - so the damn things get to keep their title of the number one merc money-sink.

Right - thanks for testing that. Ranged attacks ftw in CS then.

Hello all. Back from work and reporting for duty! See you in channel later.

Todays run just finished - all chars at level 18+.

I must admit, that my gals did pretty good (while I was watching from a safe distance :nod:).

Screenshots from the session:

Here you can see us chatting merrily before venturing out into the wilderness.
Before long we were facing Blood Raven, but she dropped pretty fast.
Only a little while later we encountered a fanatic foe - ouch.
This turned out to be a bad omen - seconds later Roooth dies to a terrible enemy.
After leveling the resurrected Rooth a bit, the Den is cleared once again.

Another dangerous aura before Deckard Cain is freed from his prison.
Of course there were plenty of less dangerous boss packs, but the girls cleared
them out of the way without breaking a sweat. Finally the Countess drops.
And this dude here (notice my chicken *** hiding outside the door) grants us
all an imbue reward. Not all auras were dangerous though.

We ran into quite a few lightning enchanted monsters. Boneash and some random
multishot dude drop without any problems, before we face another challenge.
Did someone say "Fire in the Hole"? Andy dropped so fast, that I didn't get a
chance to get screenies, but here we all are in Lut Gholein.
Before facing Radament, we of course ran into yet another LE monster.

Last edited:

Nice post dude! Entertaining!

OT: To blow off some steam, me, Ivan and Tom did Ubers last night and were rewarded with a 16/18 Amazon torch...meh...still, the well-polished routine works and they all went down with ease...except Lillith again...being poisoned, cursed from the Succubus and wedged in a doorway doesn't help anyone when fighting her!

Great wrap-up. Now I just can't wait to find out what Tom's Harem will encounter next Monday.

before we face another challenge.

I remember that challenge, as it hurt like hell. First Tiger Strike and my health was down to 50% so I retreated. Was a lot of fun yesterday, but I can see Julia´s end so clearly ... loaded to the teeth with charges she will feel the need to unload somewhere and all but that FE critter have already been killed. I know it will happen, because it happened to often yesterday. :) 6 balls of pain surrunding me and no valid target to leech, because the rest of the team was killing aswell. Hey, there is a target, he is FE, who cares, I want to leech NOW!!!

I remember that challenge, as it hurt like hell.

I especially enjoyed Maria (Alash) shouting "STOP!" frantically while your health bar was dropping rapidly. LE monsters really hurt in act 1 untwinked! I can't wait until we find some decent equipment/runes, so the front line (ie. all but me :girly:) can walk in relative safety.

Well what did you expect, my health plummeted down in a pace that can only be matched by a fighter jet - I had to do something. Being an annoying ex-girlfriend, screaming is of course the solution to everything.

From this point on we're slowly getting the advantage, but that won't really happen until the start of Nightmare difficulty. What I fear with a big F, is Diablo (Normal) and his Bone Prison/Lightning combo - insta-deeds for everyone in the line of fire (warms to Drognan for that Chromatic shield)...

Yeah, resists are gonna be a royal pain in the behind for my chick as well... I might make a resist shield with some crappy javelin on switch just for that encounter.

Nice post dude! Entertaining!

OT: To blow off some steam, me, Ivan and Tom did Ubers last night and were rewarded with a 16/18 Amazon torch...meh...still, the well-polished routine works and they all went down with ease...except Lillith again...being poisoned, cursed from the Succubus and wedged in a doorway doesn't help anyone when fighting her!

Perhaps my Leaper barby can be of some assistance.

Well what did you expect, my health plummeted down in a pace that can only be matched by a fighter jet - I had to do something. Being an annoying ex-girlfriend, screaming is of course the solution to everything.

I didn't mean any offense. I was just amazed you had the poise to write something that made sense, while in mortal peril. In cases like those, I usually type 11111111222232131343 :whistling:.

I didn't mean any offense. I was just amazed you had the poise to write something that made sense, while in mortal peril. In cases like those, I usually type 11111111222232131343 :whistling:.
Ahh don't put too much into it - I reckon it's just leftovers from my ex talking...

But yeah, you learn to give your communication sense when you've raided a lot. Though I'd laugh my arse off had I seen "11111111222232131343", it wouldn't stop me from attacking, as much as make me believe you poured coffee over your keyboard. :)

That was mighty fun.

Loved the picture story board, splendid work. LE monsters hurts bad when you're a poor sorc. I had a couple of near death experiences although vitality is getting better each level.

By the time we get to Big D my static should be maxed so maybe we can all hide and I'll just spam :crazyeyes:

I had the most incredible idea occur to me. If we run 2 parallel KTA runs. Then when we hit endgame maybe we shud each pick a team of 4 and have 4 v 4 duels. As in Monday night KTA VS Wednesday night KTA.

I had the most incredible idea occur to me. If we run 2 parallel KTA runs. Then when we hit endgame maybe we shud each pick a team of 4 and have 4 v 4 duels. As in Monday night KTA VS Wednesday night KTA.
While I certainly think it's a great idea to make another event group, suggesting to end it all with a big bang and remove all traces of our progress is not something I'll sign up for. I'm indefinitely over my relationship with Maria, but I'd quite like her reincarnation to live on, kill more monsters, help fellow players and so forth.

But you should definitely sponsor a second KTA event - get more people involved!:alright:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High