It is announced THIS VERY MOMENT! Remake is coming!

I'm sure they'll be making some changes for China. Lots of examples of that happening and it's not exclusive to Blizzard by any stretch of the imagination. Generally speaking though, I don't have any particular problem with it as long as those changes stay exclusive to that region. The main thing people tend to have issues with is when Chinese censorship spills over onto the version sold everywhere else.

Reactions: Swamigoon
Based on how they edited WoW Classic, I'm sure they'll be doing some cleaning up on the art if they think it might sell well in China.

I don't have a problem with Andy's nudity. I think it makes her even more intimidating. What that says about my psyche... ;P
I think there are some male nude monsters in WSK that could use some cover up...

Not just the WSK. These fine floppy gentlemen are scattered throughout Act 5. I don't mind it though, if they're comfortable with themselves, good on them!

Boy, you better hope their mates are well trained with an axe. One bad swing and -whoops! And those Overseers with whips...yeesh. No wonder they can be persuaded to attack and move in double-time, one errant crack of the whip to the undercarriage ;-0

0965fadd1e3ffb20638b278656c3c744.jpg

TBH, I never noticed! Must be my nerd genes...🥸

Back on topic: I don't think they will censor the game for audiences all over the world - if they do, then only for a few select.

• Haha
Reactions: Pb_pal
Back on topic: I don't think they will censor the game for audiences all over the world - if they do, then only for a few select.
China is historically pretty much the only market large enough to make it worth the effort and expense of creating an alternate version. I think Europe is the only other one besides the U.S., but they're similar enough that the issue doesn't come up all that much. China is the one that gets really picky about things depending on the whims of the CCP.

I really don't want them to go censoring the game either. Those details do add quite a bit to the atmosphere.

Hmm... Yeah but with better resolution?? Hang loose indeed...
I don't have a problem with it, though I can understand why some would. They could always go old school and have a parental setting that either covers those parts up or makes them invisible, then just region lock that setting. Conan Exiles does that with three settings. The first covers everything, the second gives the ladies breathing room, and the third makes things a bit drafty. ;)

I don't have a problem with it, though I can understand why some would. They could always go old school and have a parental setting that either covers those parts up or makes them invisible, then just region lock that setting. Conan Exiles does that with three settings. The first covers everything, the second gives the ladies breathing room, and the third makes things a bit drafty. ;)
The game is rated M in states and 16 by PEGI (European if I'm correct). Pretty much covers anyone who wants to slay naked demons

The game is rated M in states and 16 by PEGI (European if I'm correct). Pretty much covers anyone who wants to slay naked demons
You would think, but sadly no. Plenty of developers out there who shy away from mature themes even with mature ratings.

If most people never even noticed the garlic hanging in the bar in Act II, it's going to take some decent graphics update for us to see anything, especially with it being so cold in the WSK. Also, Bnet is already filled with enough grown men that still find the word 'boob' hilarious, please don't encourage them :cautious::oops:

If most people never even noticed the garlic hanging in the bar in Act II, it's going to take some decent graphics update for us to see anything, especially with it being so cold in the WSK.
Good point. Maybe Blizzard should ask the guys who worked on the Red Dead Redemption horses to dig into this one. 😉

Reactions: Kitteh
If most people never even noticed the garlic hanging in the bar in Act II, it's going to take some decent graphics update for us to see anything, especially with it being so cold in the WSK. Also, Bnet is already filled with enough grown men that still find the word 'boob' hilarious, please don't encourage them :cautious::oops:
Let's not throw stones in glass houses, we all seem to have been quite...titillated by that .gif 🐛

Of course I'll definitely play it anyway, but judging from the vid below it will have a different feel to it... either that or they made the demo with total crap gear, no IAS, FCR and so on. :D

I'm assuming none of our existing chars/gear will be usable, and if so it won't be a full switch for me most likely, but for sure I'll be questing a bit. Going to take forever before it comes out anyway.

Also, a friend of mine got me into PoE this week... big mistake. :)
That fucking black hole PoE lmao. Patiently waiting for mobile in my post PC life :( D2R looks great!

I've not experienced either Uber Diablo or the Pandemonium event. This is of course my own doing because I chose to invest my time in the SP version of the game only. I'd like to see those as being implemented or as an option to enable in D2R along with the online only RW. If that happens I'd buy it day 1.

I saw that the shared stash is a feature they'll implement in the online version, which is fantastic since I loathed creating a character just to hold gear I wanted, and having to log into that character to keep them from being deleted. That in itself might bring me to try out the online version... but I doubt it. At least they acknowledge that saving found loot for later use is a big part of the game.

I've not experienced either Uber Diablo or the Pandemonium event. This is of course my own doing because I chose to invest my time in the SP version of the game only. I'd like to see those as being implemented or as an option to enable in D2R along with the online only RW. If that happens I'd buy it day 1.

I saw that the shared stash is a feature they'll implement in the online version, which is fantastic since I loathed creating a character just to hold gear I wanted, and having to log into that character to keep them from being deleted. That in itself might bring me to try out the online version... but I doubt it. At least they acknowledge that saving found loot for later use is a big part of the game.

I don't think it was ever about anything more than lack of storage. 2000 to now is insanely different.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High