HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

Okay, my screen looks just like the screen shot now. I even have the *Success* window popping up. Where can I find it? Says something along the lines of, Programfiles/GoMule/GoMule Report. I go to program files, then to gomule, but then I'm unsure where the next step is, because I don't see anything that says "Report."

Don't say what it's along the lines of, write the exact message that you see :)

Ooops. I haven't hit the Flavie button in the new GoMule yet. . . (and I see to remember a pop-up of some sort in previous versions of GoMule. . . ) Sorry for the bad info!

Flavie says reports generated successfully.
File: C: \Program Files\GoMule\GoMuleReport.html

No space after C: It just makes a smiley when they are close together.

Ok, well go into C, program files, Gomule and you should be able to see GoMule report.html :)

If not, email a screenshot of your program files\Gomule\ folder to [email protected] and I'll see if you're missing something.

Ahhhh, Vista.

That explains a lot. GoMule hasn't been tested too extensively on Vista.

Let me investigate and I'll get back to you ;)

It's very strange, because the file isn't there, but if it couldn't create it, then it would be throwing an error...

Check somewhere under c:\users\youruser unless you have granted GoMule write permissions to the Diablo II directory. The same thing would happen when saving characters and stashes, but you may not have tried that before going for a Flavie report.

Check somewhere under c:\users\youruser unless you have granted GoMule write permissions to the Diablo II directory. The same thing would happen when saving characters and stashes, but you may not have tried that before going for a Flavie report.

Good point Oscuro - but it's trying to write to the program files directory.

Zylo, try moving your GoMule folder into 'My Documents' instead of 'Program Files', perhaps Oscuro is right and you have permissions problems.

This is what I'd like to see in GoMule's drop calculator.

In Atma I can do this. It's drop odds of NM Meph for unique items in /p1 game with 0MF.

If I try to do the same in GoMule, it wont work.

Ulla

In Vista, trying to write to Program Files without proper permissions redirects the write to a "virtualized folder" somewhere in the user's personal files. It sort of works sometimes. However, I recommend to just install everything that wasn't written specifically with Vista compability in mind somewhere else and 99% of the time there will be no problems whatsoever.

My transition to Vista was virtually painless because I had an old habit of installing practically everything on a second partition, nothing under Program Files or even c:. Doing that, everything just... works. :)

Good point Oscuro - but it's trying to write to the program files directory.

Zylo, try moving your GoMule folder into 'My Documents' instead of 'Program Files', perhaps Oscuro is right and you have permissions problems.
You are right to be suspicious of me, since I've never actually used Vista:shhh:. It's just such a common issue that I couldn't help but learn how it worked by following threads like this.

This is what I'd like to see in GoMule's drop calculator.

In Atma I can do this. It's drop odds of NM Meph for unique items in /p1 game with 0MF.

If I try to do the same in GoMule, it wont work.

Ulla

You can't search for all the uniques a monster can drop in GoMule.

Don't worry, I'm working on a new dropcalculator, I'll be making an announcement soon.

@Oscuro & silospen - Woot, it worked, thank you very much. I would have never thought to do that.

Silopen I know that you probably have a lot of people making suggestions for GoMule, this is more of a bug however. I am using R0.3: Donkey I think this is the latest version.

I have not read through all 30 pages of the post so I'm not sure this has been reported. When I use the drop all onto my character it starts to put items in stash then moves onto the cube slots as well. The problem is that this happens even if I do not have a cube on him. I have not tested to see if I will loose my items in my cube slots if I save him in GoMule and then play him, then reopen him in GoMule. I'm not wanting to use a back-up of a character if something happens that corrupts the character or I loose an item. I checked Atma and until I move the cube onto the character it does not allow me to move items into the cube slots.

I thoroughly enjoy the pickup all and drop all buttons they are very useful. I've been using GoMule for awhile now that I am once again back to playing d2 and I've learned how good the program is compared to Atma. Thanks for making GoMule and keeping it up to date.

P.S. Any news on a windows 7 version or does it work in win7. I am thinking about buying a new computer and would like to know. Since I've heard win7 already has some problems with d2 itself. Though I'm sure that since GoMule is java and as long as java is implemented correctly then it should run no problem. Again great program and sorry for being so long winded. :crazyeyes:

P.P.S. Thanks to Tenshi for making Atma in the first place. It is a great muling program that I enjoyed til I found GoMule.

Last edited:

Hey Ladvarian,

Thanks for the bug report. You're correct - GoMule does not check to see if the cube is present before dropping items in there.

No idea about the Windows 7 version, however since it is Java based it should work. As with Vista, I imagine there will be permission problems, like Zylo just had. As long as GoMule is in an area which you are allowed to do things in, it should be fine.

Are there any sites dedicated to hosting Flavie reports? Couldn't find any so I'll have to resort to free hosting. Seems weird, there's very little data to store per person and it shouldn't take much to parse uploaded files, or search/retrieve and generate reports.

If I had hosting space myself I'd probably consider writing one :thumbup:

Hi there,

I recently run into a problem with a stash on atma, I used it yesterday with no problem. Then today I try to open it and get a message that went something like " Atma: Skipping items with the code:" and then three letters, I click okay and it loads the stash normally.

Now comes the problem, I finish muling some items, and go to save the stash and atma crashes. I reopen atma and try to load the stash again and it refuses to open and at the bottom and says "unable to load stash: Bad file size". So I go to my atma folder and load up the stashes most recent .org backup, finish using it save and the same thing happens. First it says " wont load items with code: gth" or something along those lines, and then when I save it atma crashes and wont reopen the stash.

I checked the file size and the stash file says it's 0, while the .orgs are at 128 KB. Could the problem be I had to many items in the stash( 4k as of last night)?

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer!

No idea about the Windows 7 version, however since it is Java based it should work.

I've not seen Windows 7 except for the beta, I think java worked just fine though.

As with Vista, I imagine there will be permission problems, like Zylo just had. As long as GoMule is in an area which you are allowed to do things in, it should be fine.

I expect the same, but remember. That is only for the "program files" directory (at least under vista). Install Gomule (or any other application having problems with this) outside of that specific directory and all is well.

Marco

I've switched over to GoMule, and I really like it. I mean REALLY. Stashes are so easy manage, and I love the txt dumps and flavie readouts. Two quick questions:

1) Is there some sort of an 'undo' button? I pressed pick all by accident when looking in my 'all stash'... So I had to reorganise everything again :D. Noob mistake, won't happen again now.

2) Any way to transfer items from a certain project to another? Other than putting them in a stash and loading that stash in the other project?

I've switched over to GoMule, and I really like it. I mean REALLY. Stashes are so easy manage, and I love the txt dumps and flavie readouts. Two quick questions:

1) Is there some sort of an 'undo' button? I pressed pick all by accident when looking in my 'all stash'... So I had to reorganise everything again :D. Noob mistake, won't happen again now.

2) Any way to transfer items from a certain project to another? Other than putting them in a stash and loading that stash in the other project?

1) Yes, kind of. The red circle at the top is the 'reload all' button. So it'll reload all your open windows to the file that is currently saved. So if you hit pick all, then reload all, it'll return to how it was. However, if you pick all, save, then hit reload, it won't work, since you've overwritten it.

2) You've got it...you create a stash and add it to both projects and it creates a shared stash between those projects.

problems with trenshadow version switcher

To start off I run vista. I have recently decided to try to go back to good old 1.07 for some of the "haxx" charms and crafts but I have been playing 1.12a where I don't need a disc. My problem is that I have lost my discs and trenshadow keeps coming up with errors saying I need to run recoverfromcrash.vbs so I do and it gets pissed at me and tells me every .dll in my 1.07 folder is corrupted.
When I try to run through game.exe it tells me to put the diablo 2 lod disc in my d drive, which as you may see is a pretty big issue. Am I going to have to buy a lod? Thank you for reading and for any help you may, or may not, have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High