HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HELP - atma/gomule, rwm/rrm, utilities and variants

@Nevius

Versions of Diablo II older than 1.12a required the CD to be in the drive. As Trenshadow's version switcher reverts the game data (.dll's, etc) back to previous versions, it requires the cd in the drive in order to run, unfortunately. If you don't have the cd's, this is obviously a problem. The only advice I can give is to go out and buy a new set of cds.

Okay, I made a new character through ATMA, but forgot to set the directory to my D2 save directory. No problem, I think. I'll just go move or delete the screw-up from the ATMA directory it's in.

But...

the directory doesn't seem to exist outside of ATMA. No folder I can find in windows explorer has any of my stashes or that character within it. So I go back to ATMA and take a look at that default directory again.

C:\Program Files (x86)\ATMA V\\ATMA_CONFIG

So the path contains two consecutive \'s, which explorer doesn't recognize. What the heck do I do to gain access to my files? ATMA has access to the files, but I don't.

(Windows Vista, ATMA 5.05)

EDIT: Okay, I found the problem. Vista doesn't allow some programs to ever access the program files directories. Instead, it forces the program to put its files in some "VirtualStore" folder in the user profile's directory. Of course, Vista never gives any indication whatsoever that this happens, and the programs still act as if they're saving to the actual program files folder.

Last edited:

I recently started off with ATMA (5.05, using Vista). Having switched items between two chars (both 1.12) and saved both, I then runned d2. However, the chars remain unchanged. And I closed ATMA before running d2. I get no error message while using ATMA either and the files don't seem to show anything wrong.

I recently started off with ATMA (5.05, using Vista). Having switched items between two chars (both 1.12) and saved both, I then runned d2. However, the chars remain unchanged. And I closed ATMA before running d2. I get no error message while using ATMA either and the files don't seem to show anything wrong.
Check out the post immediately above yours to see why this is happening. Writes to 'Program Files' get redirected to your user directory by default.

EDIT: Okay, I found the problem. Vista doesn't allow some programs to ever access the program files directories. Instead, it forces the program to put its files in some "VirtualStore" folder in the user profile's directory. Of course, Vista never gives any indication whatsoever that this happens, and the programs still act as if they're saving to the actual program files folder.
Can you elaborate? I can't seem to find my Atma stashes that I've created in my explorer, while they exist in ATMA. Where is this VirtualStore folder?

Can you elaborate? I can't seem to find my Atma stashes that I've created in my explorer, while they exist in ATMA. Where is this VirtualStore folder?
[noparse]C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\[/noparse]

That's also what caused the trouble you had with the renaming a character in ATMA IIRC. ;)

[noparse]C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\[/noparse]

That's also what caused the trouble you had with the renaming a character in ATMA IIRC. ;)
Thanks a bunch! You're right, it does solve that problem, and another one: now I don't have to find a way around getting my stashes back-upped. This is awesome, thanks! :thumbup:

@silospen

I don't know if you are aware of this but I have found what may be an issue with GoMule.

Since upgrading my mac to 10.6.1 I have been experiencing massive slowdowns upon opening the character select screen, loading takes upwards of a minute. Trying to fix this with the help of blizzard's tech support has proved unsuccessful.

While reinstalling today I removed the automatically generated GoMule.Backup-folder from my Save folder, and the issue disappeared, load times are now back to a snappy <10 seconds.

This leads me to believe that GoMule may be to blame. At least partially, since I had let my backup-folder grow to 56.6 MB and 3047 files.

For a future version of GoMule, I propose the following new feature to fix this potential issue; an addition to the preference window where you can specify the location of your backup folder.

Thanks a bunch! You're right, it does solve that problem, and another one: now I don't have to find a way around getting my stashes back-upped. This is awesome, thanks! :thumbup:

The easy solution, do not install D2/ATMA/GoMule in the default "Program Files" directory. This restriction is only for this directory.

Make an directory called "Games" (for example C: \Games) and install D2/ATMA/GoMule there.

edit: this works for many other "older" programs with similar problems

Marco

Hello!

I have some 30 million in my atma on one computer, I want to move them to my other computers atma since I need to re-install the first computer,

how to do that?

/mm

In the ATMA_CONFIG directory is file called ATMA_config.??? (my Vista won't show what the extension is). Open it in notepad and you'll find a line starting with [DATA] under that is bank_funds line which you'll need to copy to your new install.

To alter or duplicate it is cheating, but IMHO moving it from install to another isn't.

Ulla

So if they aren't going to increase the stash size, maybe 1.13 will work with the existing GoMule, with just some changes to the txt files :D

Hey guys,
Having major issues with my ATMA stashes. I play 1.07, just muled over some mixed items in to a stash (uniques, magic, charms, etc) in to a stash, tried to open it and it said "size wrong" or something similar, so I restarded my computer and I opened it and it is now... empty :(
Any idea what I did or am doing, wrong? Or what happened to my stuff? Got some very nice stuff in there, would be a shame to loose it all. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks,
/g

Are you certain the version of the stash you created was 1.07?

I have no idea if you can recover anything, but it never hurts to look in any .org files.

Using TrenShadow

I found out about this recently and thought it sounded great. I always wanted to switch items around in SP and never knew how.. but now I do!~ :jig: Do many people here use it, and is there anything interesting I could do that I wouldn't think of normally? (Some goal or program like ATMA come to mind. Sorry if this is spam by the way, I tried looking through the rules and topics and this seemed fine.)

edit - Could anyone explain how using LoD and 1.06 works? I'm currently using 1.10 classic with the version switcher to play 1.06.

edit2 - Didn't really mean for this to be a tech help question at all... I would appreciate it if it weren't..

Last edited:

:scratchchin: What are those? How do I find/open them?

.org files are ATMA's backup files. You open them by changing the extension to .d2s.

Let's say you have character named liisa then in your save directory you have liisa.d2s and liisa_1.org. rename liisa.d2s for example to liisa.d2s.org and liisa_1.org to liisa.d2s. Now you can open the backup in ATMA and see if the items are there.

If it's stash then the extension is .d2x. Lets say liisa has a stash called liisa's_stash then the file assosiated to that is liisa's_stash.d2x and the first backup will be liisa's_stash_1.org. Now like in the previous example you rename the stash file liisa's_sash.d2x to liisa's_stash.d2x.org and the backup liisa's_stash_1.org to liisa's_stash.d2x. Now you can open the backup stash in ATMA and check if the items are there.

Hope this helps.

Ulla

Thanks Ulla, I had no idea..
More questions however.. I have 9 (?) of those .org files per stash - no idea what that means.. I tried to copy it into another directory and rename it but it still comes up blank - that probably means that all is lost, or? :(

Thanks again for the help!

/g

Thanks Ulla, I had no idea..
More questions however.. I have 9 (?) of those .org files per stash - no idea what that means.. I tried to copy it into another directory and rename it but it still comes up blank - that probably means that all is lost, or? :(

Thanks again for the help!

/g

They are older backups. 9 is oldest 1 is newest.

Rename them one at a time like I told. Don't move them into another directory. Use the same directory. rename the original for safe keeping and then one at the time starting from 1 rename the backups as the file and check its contents in ATMA. If 1 isnm't it check 2 etc.

Ulla

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High