GoMule for D2 Resurrected

That's fascinating, I would never have seen that outline. I don't think I can get it back though, I don't have that level of control over the detail here.

The * character in the window titles is supposed to give the user that indication that the file is unsaved - is that sufficient for you or do you think it needs to be changed in some way? Open to any/all suggestions :)
I'm fascinated the "saved square" wasn't an intentional feature. To me it indicated that all things had been saved and no changes had been made since saving, a last line of defense, always the final place my eyes look before tabbing back to the game. Often I'll tab out, mule, look around at other screens, drink coffee, get up grab a snack etc etc. With multiple windows open within gomule, having an all-in-one final check location is extremely handy. I knew the star also indicates that changes had been made, but you have to look all around your screen, your windows aren't always in the same location, whereas the save button is always there. It's a speedy check. I feel like I'm possibly being a bit crazy about it, however it's so handy that I think I will use the original classic version over others based on that alone, which I'm happy to do.

If I were to have my own way - having some indication that all windows/characters are saved and no changes have been made somewhere on the screen in one consistent location would be very handy no matter the implementation. Take for example working in microsoft word, it displays "Saved" in the title bar.

Thank you for your feedback on appearance, especially dark mode. Some new options have been added, LMK what you think @Dredd @Tatterson

View attachment 68210

As soon as I saw your screenshot I knew you'd nailed it. Grey text, nice tone selections for the background - it's similar to the night mode that most modern apps have and it's exactly what I was hoping for. I've spent the last hour or so sorting stashes and my eyes haven't melted. Thank you, Silo!

Is there a complete idiots guide on how to install. I've tried a few times and can not get it to work.

Install Java
Unzip
Move the entire directory to My Documents or something
Double click GoMule.jar

It should be that easy. Post errors or tell us what happens if you are having problems.

Are you sure you uncompressed it and didn't just rry to run it from within the .zip file? Windoze 10 is a bit weird that you double click it and it opens the compressed archive.
You need to right click -> Extract to...

Reactions: silospen
2021-10-05 (1).png

That is what it looks like when I extract the file and that error report comes up when I try to run it.
Probably something I'm doing wrong.

@Aztech Your GoMule files look right, but that error looks like a Java problem. Try completely uninstalling Java and installing a fresh version from Oracle's website.

I used this site to convert d2i files into d2x files:

But when I try to load that d2x stash file in the latest version of GoMule, I get an error. "Stash Version Incorrect!" Those d2x files do work in the older version of GoMule that was marked "1.13".

New version: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gomule/files/gomule/R0.44/GoMuleR4.4.8_Resurrected_1.0.zip/download

Changelog:
10/06/21: Add 'Saved' to title if there are no modified windows
10/06/21: Add a config option to disable deleting

It's getting quieter in here, hopefully that means all the bugs are squished and everything is looking good :)

@d2lover - I like your trash can idea, but it's too much to implement at the moment. I added a feature to disable deleting, hopefully that's a good middle ground solution?
delete.png

@NorthDakota - I added the 'Saved' prefix to the main window, hopefully it works like you expected

saved.png

@Dredd - Thank you, but I'm standing on the shoulders of giants, it's someone else's library, I just had to find it and integrate it :D It's actually an open source version of the dark mode I use in my code editor, so I feel very at home. I'm super happy you all asked me to add it, I can't go back to light mode GoMule!

@SirName (and anyone else who's interested) - I'm working on backporting all of this to a 1.13 (which is 1.14 compatible, it's the version you were all using until resurrected was released) and a 1.09 version which should hopefully cover most of the bases? GoMule really needs to be re-architected to be sort of version agnostic, but I don't have time for that right now. Hopefully having 3 releases will be sufficient.

@whipowill - Thanks for mailing me the stash, I'll take a look in a bit.

I added the 'Saved' prefix to the main window, hopefully it works like you expected

Aw hell yeah dude. The fact that you did this for me really means a lot to me. You taking so much time to listen to each person in this thread is something special. It works exactly as I'd expect. I tested it out and it is indeed amazing. I know you deflected about having a tip jar earlier, but do you have a tip jar? :ROFLMAO: Might be a hobby but I am so grateful for these changes. The amount of time I've spent using it.. it's probably my most used free program of all time.

Edit: I know I'm being a bit dramatic here, but this dark mode is so good looking.

Edit 2: Oh hey if you're really looking hard for things that might need changing, I have a relatively minor one. Sometimes when gomule is running behind d2, the warning that pops up that says "d2 is running don't make changes right now" or whatever, it'll pop up and take focus and the warning will show over the top of D2R, even in full screen. It's a minor annoyance, however yeah it doesn't pop up right away when you launch D2, so it could be that you're already doing a run of something dangerous and if it pops up it takes window focus for a sec till you click back onto d2. A lot of times it'll pop up and I'm just clicking so frequently that I click back into d2 immediately without inconvenience, however there have been times when I have directly clicked on the warning.

Last edited:
I need to get in on this action, I'll download this tonight! Silo, you are a champion in these forums!

• Love
I noticed that my Mercenary is dead, however the GoMule flag says false under "dead?" It should be true.

1633611537560.png

Hello, I created an account just to say.. THANK YOU FOR DARK MODE!!!! Now I can merrily continue my D2R Grail without my eyes burning up (y) It's such a small change (in concept - probably was a lot of effort in practice, so extra thank you...) but huge impact to the user.

p.s. 2 little suggestions, while I am here xd

a 'quick filter' text box in the stash you can type into (it would be in front of the current MaxLvl search box) that immediately filters to items with that string in the name, rather than needing a separate pop-up menu. For example, sometimes you are quickly trying to find a certain rune or item and it would be nice to be able to filter on that easily

an optional radio button filter on "Pick All" control so you can easily pick up all of a certain type e.g. all gems, or all runes, from a character or shared stash tab rather than having to click them individually. Pick All currently would.. pick all, and include other things you might wish to leave in your stash such as gear swaps. This could get complicated by various combinations so I would limit it to a few simple presets and a nice easy to use radiobutton for UI (options could be all gems / all runes / all frags (runes/gems/essences/keys) / All)

I love dark mode, too :) but am wondering whether I'm the only one whose eyes have an issue with blue and red text on the dark gray background? E.g. the buttons to select weapon types (blue writing) or characters that were temporarily removed from the save folder (red writing in the character list). Could just be my monitor though...

I love dark mode, too :) but am wondering whether I'm the only one whose eyes have an issue with blue and red text on the dark gray background? E.g. the buttons to select weapon types (blue writing) or characters that were temporarily removed from the save folder (red writing in the character list). Could just be my monitor though...
I agree with you on the colours on those particular options, though I didnt notice it till I read your post and went back to check :)

The main colours to get right were the item text colours such as the green/unique colour/white.. and I think they all look very nice: soft but differentiated. Perhaps the option buttons can use some of those colours instead (the more subtle ones of Magic / Set and so on)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High