Finding the Balance: MF/RF Tournament (Signup & Running)

I switched to AT runs to mix up my set and see if I can push my score. Found 4 of these unique sacred armors (Tyraels something) already but I didn't see them on the list, so sad!

• Haha
Reactions: Luhkoh and Babyhell
Anyone know what the best players setting is for Diablo to drop Essences?

@maxicek I think it should look like this:
3XqbI7E.png

Did that some time ago when i was playing my barb. Maybe someone can confirm this. Those grey-coloured cells represent the chance for an essence.

Set completed, with the last 10 hours in the Pit with my Untwinked 99er Windy. Surprising good XP progress compared to the first six hours with him, getting past 95.75 and only ~5M shy of 95.8 from 95 for the 16 hours total. Full explanation of the improved XP efficiency over last stretch will be in results write up.

As for non-qualifiers, highlights are a 29@ Mara's, for my highest resist roll so far (besting two 28@), and this skiller of Vita:
Pit (Sounding of Vita).jpg
Pluckeye and Bane Ash where TC3 pick ups, also some charm upgrades and a 1 MF improvement to Chancies to finish with 371 MF over the last 5 hours. A number of TC87 yellows dropped, including two Vortex Shields on consecutive runs in the last 15 minutes :( But no complaints, especially in light of XP progress and good enjoyment for the runs.

I will likely start but not finish another set. I'm guessing just under 5 hours to hit 96 without a death, and then maybe starting my HC Blizzy in CS for the Rune Finding Tour. Or I may try to finish my tourney Barb, or at least get him through A4 Hell. We'll see.

Good luck to everyone still running. Keep it up!

Started out my journey to find artifacts of untold power, and boy was it a slow start. I have been only playing past patches for a long time, and the gameplay is certainly different. I spent a couple of seconds wondering why my Telekinesis didn't work, until I remembered they changed it so you could only pick up potions with it. The spell casting is different than in 1.00, but I quickly got used to it.

Run Counter didn't count runs (wrong path in the rcInfo), but it still kept clocking the time so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Reactions: Swamigoon
Completed 20 hours and sent my top 5 report to @ffs . Ten hours in the Pit and LK with my berzerker, and ten hours in AT with my blizzard sorceress. As for whether my score will be competitive, I think my thoughts echo those of Geglash:
GeglashQuote.png

Reactions: Excalibur
re: diablo essences.

I recently did a detailed set of 1,014 runs in Chaos. P8. 104 essences. 9.75 runs per drop.

I will be putting together a thread on the results, which includes all kinds of drops by ilvl: qualifiers, rare/magic circlets, rare/magic claws, rare pelts, runes, etc.

Last edited:
re: diablo essences.

I recently did a detailed set of 1,014 runs in Chaos. P7. 104 essences. 9.75 runs per drop.

I will be putting together a thread on the results, which includes all kinds of drops by ilvl: qualifiers, rare/magic circlets, rare/magic claws, rare pelts, runes, etc.
Did you take the time to Eat and Sleep or...?

Reactions: Luhkoh and PhineasB
WSK is nasty with pure Blizz sorc in my experience. Certain rolls (OKs in particular, with other CI mixed in) can just be brutal. Hopefully killing the Council a bit (and getting a Cham) will boost the morale :)

Travincal has never been my lucky spot. :(
Anyway, I just completed my set and my findings were good.
If only I hadn't died so many times I would have taken that level and everything would be perfect.

And as I said, I wanted to record the last 2 hours.
Once I started recording I knew something good would happen!
Enjoy!

First batch done & results sent, all points found in first six hours.

I'm going to start a second batch, as I only need to play for the first half to get a score apparently. Actually I want to hit level 95 with the Paladin, then I will switch to Trav for the remaining time. As I died about three time at level 94, it could take a while...

• Sad
Babyhell set 2: a Tyrael's hunt
I took a small running break after the first one, for which I had plenty of time and lots of variety targeted.

This time, I will go all in in the Pits. I rolled a new map - well still not a good one, my best runs are around 1'40 which is crap, but it can give up to 10 uniques/11 packs (those times I run it more around 2'). Average feels to be 8 packs, but well the map is not good anyway (13secs to get to the entry after initial loading), I don't see how I could even get 40secs apart from a tp through without killing only 100% spawn locations).

Anyway, only 3h35 in - I took into account the rerolling process, because as we all know drops happen at that time. Not for me it seems though...

I'll keep a top 5 progress table somehow similar to previous run, with the same pointer limit & upgrades.

Good luck runners!

Progress table
Pointer found
The PitsZerkAndDestroyUnder limit (S/U)
The PitsZerkAndDestroyValuable (S/U)
The PitsZerkAndDestroyUnder limit (S/U)

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value