This tournament has already ended. It was originally posted by @art_vandelay on Sept 18, 2019.
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
(link to original thread on diabloii.net)
Welcome to the first Mini-RFL!
This thread is for signing up and discussion related to the Mini-RFL.
What is Mini-RFL?
RFL is short for 'Rune Finding League' and is a tournament that is hosted every year in the SPF spanning three months and sporting three categories, one for each month. In each category the participants run a certain target for runes and are then scored on the rarity of the runes they found.
This Mini-RFL will span three weeks and offers a different selection of targets than the regular RFL. The categories are:
Category 1: Arcane Sanctuary and Chaos Sanctuary
Category 2: Travincal
Category 3: 99er Targets: Two or more Sealbosses, Diablo, Nihlathak, specific Wavebosses and Baal
In all categories players hunt runes but in the second there will be a twist this time: unique and set jewelry pieces are scored as well to reflect the fact that people run the council not just for runes but also for other goodies.
When is Mini-RFL?
The event starts on 26.09.2019 at 23:59 and concludes on 17.10.2019 at 23:59. All times are local, i.e. you do not have to do any timezone math
You are free to sign up until the end of the tournament.
What are the rules?
These are the rules that apply to every category, the specific rules for the categories are listed below.
- You can enter in as many categories as you wish.
- In each category you can do as many 'batches' of runs as you want. A batch consists of 20 hours or less of running the target for that category.
- You may not start a new batch within a category until you have played 20 hours in your current batch for that category. You do NOT have to finish a batch in order to compete. (e.g. if you only run for 17 hours total in a category you can report your score anyway) The time spent on a batch is irrelevant for scoring purposes, i.e. if you do a 20 hour batch followed by a 12 hour batch and the second batch has a higher score then that will be your best batch.
- Only time spent running the target of a category counts towards a batch in said category. In particular you can use as much time as you wish to mule items, whether it be in-game or via GoMule/ATMA. Generally people regard the time between you clicking 'save & exit' at the end of a run and the start of a new run as part of 'running time'. Of course if you take a break from running you can stop the timer.
- Every batch is scored individually and the score of your best batch within a category will be your score for that category. Scoring is found below.
- Qualifiers for each category are all runes Pul and above. Additionally in the Travincal category all set/unique rings, amulets, charms and jewels are qualifiers.
- Do not post on the SPF about items found in a category for which they are qualifiers. There will be a results thread following this event in which you are free to disclose everything (and brag about it ). Everything that's not considered a qualifier is fair game and can be posted anywhere on the SPF.
- Versions allowed are 1.13b to 1.14d. All FAM practices are allowed.
Category specific rules:
- Category 1: Only runes found NORTH* of the 'River of Flame' Waypoint count towards your score. Any rune found in the Arcane Sanctuary counts towards your score.
- Category 2: Only runes and set/unique pieces of jewelry (=rings, amulets, charms and jewels) dropped by any of the eleven council members in the 'Travincal' level count towards your scores. (this excludes the council members in the 'Durance of Hate lvl 3' as well as the third wave in Baal's Throneroom)
- Category 3: Runes found in the Halls of Pain/Vaught, NORTH of the RoF Waypoint, the WSK lvl 2-3, the Throneroom and the Worldstone Chamber count towards your score. HOWEVER your intent must be to kill at least two of the Seal bosses OR Diablo OR Nihlathak OR Ventar OR Lister OR Baal. If you have to abort that because of an immunity or other reasons it will still count as long as you intented to kill one of those targets (or two in the case of sealbosses). The idea behind this rule is to allow only runs that people do in order to gain experience quickly. If you want to run Storm Casters for runes you should enter Category 1 instead.
Some of these rules are not air-tight and in particular rule number four is ripe for abuse. If you are unsure about the interpretation of a rule your best course of action is to ask about it in this thread.
* the game considers the upper-right corner of the screen to be north.
The scoring is based on the rarity of the runes and jewelry. In the case of jewelry I assumed a magic find of 250 to calculate the rarity. (The lower the MF assumed the higher the score of the jewelry pieces. For example at 168 MF a Mahim-Oak Curio gives 7 points, nearly as much as a Gul Rune; that just feels wrong )
To calculate the score for each batch you need to add up the scores of the five top items you found in that batch. Only your best batch counts for the final results.
To facilitate this process I shamelessly copied the MFO score spreadsheet by Nulio/Luhkoh and adapted it for this tournament:
The second page of this sheets contains the scores for each individual item but I will post them here for everyone who's not into spreadsheets:
and for the Travincal Category:
As soon as you finish running, report the top five items from your best 20 hour batch to me via PM. Please also inform me if you signed up but didn't run. All this is to ensure that I can post the results thread as soon as possible.
The PM needs no special formatting and you don't need to report the scores or calculate a total. I will do myself that once I have received all results. So your PM might look something like this if you ran Travincal:
Metalgrid Cham Ist Nagelring Pul
Prizes and Claiming of Items
There will be none. You get to keep everything you find!
Please post if you have comments or suggestions.
You are welcome to discuss anything tournament related in this thread, be it non-qualifier finds, running strategies or character builds!
Good luck and have fun!