Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

:(

And that's why I'll just use my bike!

And drive around like a maniac

So now we can make jokes about 'a man rides into a bar' rather then 'a man walks into a bar'?

Almost halfway. About 4 more hours before weekend starts.

You can do it, Cyrax! Talk to cute girl.
Also, you can remain as sane as you are currently for four more hours! Weekend, ho!

Some funny texts.

You can do it, Cyrax! Talk to cute girl.
Also, you can remain as sane as you are currently for four more hours! Weekend, ho!

Are you implying i have some sanity left?

No i can't. She's not in today. Not that it would matter much. Passed her 2 times this week when going to work. Planned on walking up with her, but by the way she said 'hi' i didn't get the feeling she was very happy to see me. Or even slightly happy. So i moved along at my own pace.
There could be reasons for the less then welcoming hello, maybe she's just not a morning person (i know i'm not), or maybe she's had a bad week, or.. whatever other reason. But more likely she just wasn't that happy to see me. Oh well, there's plenty of other cute girls out there that don't want to have anything to do with me. ;)

Well, isn't this sucky. After the post at the forums about sacred 2 i thought i'd check it out. Turns out i can't find a store that sells it. :(

Cyrax said:
Are you implying i have some sanity left?
Well, since you're nervous about talking to cute girl, and I believe most people get nervous in similar situations before they get to know them, then yes, you would be like other people who are supposedly sane, and you too would have some sanity left.
Either that, or the other real possibility is that the entire world is insane. But personally, there's still some order to my insanity, even if I'm the only one who can see it.

As to the 'Hi', do you actually know her? If no, then there's plenty of reasons to not give a commited "hi" to someone: the fact that you don't know that person for one!
If you do know her a little, she may just have her own struggles she's dealing with. Everyone does. May just not be her morning, but may not mean she's definitely a 'no.'

So, I'm going to get a onesie/jumpsuit (probably not a kigurumi,) but now I'm wondering what material. Being completely covered, I'd feel like I'd prefer something somewhat breathable, but everything is either 100% polyester, or 65% polyester. I guess it won't really matter too much to be honest. Others have very poorly defined sizes (one only mentions leg length and arm lengh, but not the total length - I could measure my arm and leg, but I feel like my height should be there...) And one other has 100% Cotton, Hand-wash only! I don't do hand washes. I had a look through my cloths, and they're mostly polyester or 65%poly:35%cotton, a bit of cotton, couple of wool, one 100% fashion (no joke - it's a hooded flannel zip-up jacket/jumper, so the "100% fashion" cannot relate to the appearance or design,) and a lot of clothing that doesn't have any legible tags now. :( I've simply learnt I have no idea about fabrics, although I did learn that 65%:35% would be fine. Just not the 100% cotton "hand wash only".

My general rule of thumb is that everyone is crazy. It's only a matter of degree. Some a bit more, others a bit less. And maybe there's the occasional normal person, but we probably view that one as crazy because it's a minority.

I don't actually know her. Early on she used to smile often when i saw her. That also wasn't the case here. As you (and i) already mentioned, there's certainly a possibility of circumstances that can explain, but who knows?

Picturing you wearing a tent now. A shame i can't find a nice pic to go with it.

Normally i'd have about an hour left before weekend. I think i'll stick around for half that time.

Cyrax said:
I don't actually know her. Early on she used to smile often when i saw her. That also wasn't the case here. As you (and i) already mentioned, there's certainly a possibility of circumstances that can explain, but who knows?
Obviously not you, since you won't talk to her... :(
I'm led to believe that she was being friendly initially at first, as you work in the same building - you both know of each other. But since both of you barely spoke, it was easier just to be non-commital/indifferent than continue to acknowledge someone who wasn't going to say anything.

As an example:
Two people walk down the same street, same time. They pass each other without even a second glance. They don't know the other, so why bother acknowledge them. They both have their own things to do, their own things to worry about. This is most people, most days on their train, bus, bike or walk to work/school.
Then, they notice they walk by each other, time and time again. They recognise each other, which leads to them wondering what the other is doing - a mental mind game that slightly amuses and distracts - so one gives a polite incline of the head, nod, or greeting - "morning" or "hello." It's non-commital, but they acknowledge that they recognise the other exists.
Eventually, since that's all they do, they get bored, as they know nothing will happen, and stay on their routine - as it's just a part of their routine. It's predictable, and there aren't those distraction/querying thoughts - it's gotten repetitive, and bland. The greeting is still there, but they know it won't lead anywhere. It's no longer an interesting thought that they see the person regularly. They both have their own things to worry about still, so while the greeting is there, it's non-commital/indifferent because their mind no longer gets distracted with the repeated scenario.

That said, mix it up, and speak. It's probably that it's a repetitive greeting where she doesn't get distracted by something surprising. Now, if you start with general chit chat - small talk - weather changing from spring - summer etc, or I don't know. Something non-commital and general, but just a passing talk.
Then, next time, find out what she does in the company, and how long she's been doing it. Brief, but something different. If there's any sort of lul in the conversation, I'd probably say that you're both probably busy, and have something to attend - before it becomes an awkward time. :D Once it's awkward, it's too late, so keep it brief, and have something ready that you can move on.
Then, next time - go from there - what she likes about her job, what she studied/ies (if study,) etc. Move from there.

This is a bit of a random weird rant, but do something! We want you to!

And why are you picturing me wearing a tent? Onesie/jumpsuits are not tents. :confused:

Are you the forum shrink? I thought we had Grisu for that. Or maybe he wasn't exactly a shrink, idk it's been too long since i've seen him here.

Anyhow, i've wasted enough time here. So it's time to pack my things and go. Weekend here i come!

Not a shrink, but I reckon I should take some of my advice too. :D That's just how I've observed some human behaviour. Just saying take a chance! At least you'll find out one way or another.
It is a shame that so many of the veterans here have left. :(

Yay! Weekend for Cyrax! Enjoy your evening!

*prepares assortment of drinks for when Cyrax returns*

Night bar!

*serves Noodle a blood IV drip

*serves Loz bread

Morning Bar.

*refills the wine and tequila ivs

*serves Dew

*serves bourbon

Ha! Blood can be administered via an IV drip, just like drinks are!

Who knew? :nod:

Yes, but bourbon is better! It just is. Besides I don't want to hallucinate and turn myself into a vampire. Thanks

*shoves Dry aside, puts Freudian beard and jacket on, fervently believes this is an attractive look despite all available evidence

OK Cy, I bet you anything she liked you at first and now is wondering why the hell you won't talk to her. Since I am female, I am connected to the Hive Mind and I KNOW that this is the case. In fact, she's now so FURIOUS with you for blowing her off and not noticing her sweet smile and come hither glances that she can barely bring herself to look you in the eye, let alone acknowledge your pathetic "hi". I mean, "hi"? That's what you say to your grandmother. I presume. If you are on speaking terms with her and she is in your presence. Otherwise you probably wouldn't say "hi" to your grandmother. But that's getting off topic! And we have a separate thread for those kinds of things.

So you may have already blown it with her and all is lost. There is a window, after all, wherein a guy is in the "I'd do him" category, but it can curdle like milk and then you are stuck at the very back of the friend zone as a "guy who didn't notice how cute I am." Which is just a smidge above "guy I want to incinerate with my eyes for not noticing how FREAKING ADORABLE I AM!!"

You need to either come on really strong, i.e. dinner and movies and YOU PAY FOR EVERYTHING DUDE, OR, give up and never make eye contact with her again. I'm afraid those are your only two options, and I Know All. Also forget I said anything about the Hive Mind or they will eat me. :crazyeyes:

*shoves Dry aside, puts Freudian beard and jacket on, fervently believes this is an attractive look despite all available evidence

OK Cy, I bet you anything she liked you at first and now is wondering why the hell you won't talk to her. Since I am female, I am connected to the Hive Mind and I KNOW that this is the case. In fact, she's now so FURIOUS with you for blowing her off and not noticing her sweet smile and come hither glances that she can barely bring herself to look you in the eye, let alone acknowledge your pathetic "hi". I mean, "hi"? That's what you say to your grandmother. I presume. If you are on speaking terms with her and she is in your presence. Otherwise you probably wouldn't say "hi" to your grandmother. But that's getting off topic! And we have a separate thread for those kinds of things.

So you may have already blown it with her and all is lost. There is a window, after all, wherein a guy is in the "I'd do him" category, but it can curdle like milk and then you are stuck at the very back of the friend zone as a "guy who didn't notice how cute I am." Which is just a smidge above "guy I want to incinerate with my eyes for not noticing how FREAKING ADORABLE I AM!!"

You need to either come on really strong, i.e. dinner and movies and YOU PAY FOR EVERYTHING DUDE, OR, give up and never make eye contact with her again. I'm afraid those are your only two options, and I Know All. Also forget I said anything about the Hive Mind or they will eat me. :crazyeyes:

I hope this was just meant sarcastic. If not it's uttely BS. Such girls exist in the upper maintainace class, but I don't think they are common at your work. They usually don't work or work half day and are spoiled to death by parents or hubby. Jeez. She probably just had a bad morning. Try again and add "how are you doing today?" to the "hi". Then go and have lunch at the same time she has hers. Sit at her table with lots of co-workes between you and follow the talk. Listen to what she says and file that away for a conversation starter later. Get used to being around her. I'tll boost your confidence. You'll probably find some subject you can talk about with her and that'll be your icebreaker.

*wine please*

*cuddles bar*

Anybody watching the rockets tonight?

*serves wine

Maybe. If they are winning. Too dysfunctional of a team that doesn't take things seriously.

*serves drinks

*serves Dew

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High