Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

It was awesome. The mashed potatoes got ruined because my brother decided he didnt want milk in them.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Seriously? You know, you have to shoot your brother now, don't you? He probably didn't put butter in it either?

*cries about a seriously ruined mashed potatoes*

(I am very picky about my mashed potatoes. They need to be treated with a generous piece of butter and milk just under boiling point. Then some seasoning and you are in heaven.)

And come over here for a taste of a traditional Norwegian christmas dinner ( or pizza, if I fail) tomorrow too. ;)

*wine please*

*cuddles Zokar and bar*

Hehe pizza is the perfect fall back plan! So easy to make, and if you ruin it, call for delivery!

Hehe pizza is the perfect fall back plan! So easy to make, and if you ruin it, call for delivery!

I had no plans to even try to make it myself. ;)

I also have frozen fish in the freezer in case of need.

I have only prepared that christmas dish once before and a lot of things went wrong that time. The potatoes insisted on being mashed potatoes which caused the meat pot to go out of water which caused me having to buy a new pot. It was edible and I do hope it'll go better tomorrow. I've bought extra butter just in case I end up with no sauce again. At least I remembered this moring at 6 am to put the meat into water (it has to be watered out for 24-30 hours). I had 3 alarms on for just that. And I am very pleased with myself that I managed to get it done when the first alarm went off. ;)

I do only minimal seasoning. A small bit of garlic and some pepper, no more.

And right now you should shoot yourself too! Garlic has not ever in mankind's history had a place in mashed potatoes. Potatoes, milk, butter, salt pepper and muscat. That's it. It's undisputable. Go home and cry.

*more wine please*

*cuddles crying BPC*

That is not going to happen. Ever. Why would I want to ruin the flavour carrying part of a dish? Garlic should be in the protein (aka meat) part, not in the potatoes.
Fine, Mrs. I-dont-want-to-try-new-things.

Yeah, go ahead Mr. I-know-best-even-though-I-have-no-experience-and-refuse-to-listen-to-anybody-but-wonder-why-nobody -ever-eats-much-of-my-food-

My mashed potatoes are always delicious and there are never any left at the end of the meal, Mrs. Poopy-Head.

Unless I trust my brother to put the milk in the frikken potatoes, little brat.

Looks like we have to meet for a duel. With the Bar as tasting panel. I choose Finnbiff as the meat part to go with the potatoes. What is your choice?

I'll go with a good ol' classic T-Bone Steak. Because who doesn't love a good steak?

It will be cooked to a medium-rare.

*grabs a beer*
/varnish

A wild Nebux appears!

That is not going to happen. Ever. Why would I want to ruin the flavour carrying part of a dish? Garlic should be in the protein (aka meat) part, not in the potatoes.

I think I agree with Moar on this one, sorry BFC

Looks like we have to meet for a duel. With the Bar as tasting panel. I choose Finnbiff as the meat part to go with the potatoes. What is your choice?

Lol a potato duel .....

Hangon we have an Irish woman here she knows more about potatoes then anyone, she can settle the argument.

Garlic mashed potatoes is amazing. Try it some time.

Truth...best mashed potatoes I ever had in my life was made this way...

...you're being bad! You need to try it!

Good Lord, Z, why? Do you need to be rescued from something? All my mama bear instincts are kicking in!

In more way than one... I'll survive though. I always do. Thank you :)

Seriously? No garlic? o_O

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High