Etdlahq Memorial Bar - your shelter from forum crashes

Sorry for not popping in the bar for some time but it has been a hectic few days / weeks, you can read more about it in the DooL but its not only because of that that we had a few hectic days / weeks, with rebuilding our house, trying to get pregnant (again see the DooL) and the stupid end of year things that are comming closer and closer.
So I might be absent and not generally on the forum the comming 2 months I'll try to pop in now and then but can't promise anything.

Zokar might be in the lobby.

[youtube]V5gGzuNt4hw[/youtube]

Which one of my 3 pants + underpants that I'm wearing are you stealing by the way, I knew this was gonna happen so I took precautions and made sure that one of them isn't just pants but its a dungaree with crossed upholders!

*drags the bourbon IV from the compound into the Bar

*reattaches to Zokar

Where are you?

I may be wrong, but I think he's in a Hotel!

Right you are BPC!

Sorry for not popping in the bar for some time but it has been a hectic few days / weeks, you can read more about it in the DooL but its not only because of that that we had a few hectic days / weeks, with rebuilding our house, trying to get pregnant (again see the DooL) and the stupid end of year things that are comming closer and closer.
So I might be absent and not generally on the forum the comming 2 months I'll try to pop in now and then but can't promise anything.

Zokar might be in the lobby.

[youtube]V5gGzuNt4hw[/youtube]
We do have a lobby, but I never go there, scary people around!

Oh Lord, no one is wearing PANTS IN HERE!!!

*covers eyes and starts running

You just ran into me not wearing pants...how do you feel about covering those eyes now?

But, they're all wearing skirts. How unusual.

Over here it's
a) storming very heavily. For the first time I'm afraid my windows are going to blow in
b) Sinterklaas evening. Like Santa, but then Sinterklaas. With gifts, and (funny) rhymes, a family event. So I'm sitting at home alone.

I feel weird.

I went to the hairdresser today, since I realised that a lot of hair ended up in my hairbrush, and my hair felt dry, frizzy, and dead.
More so than usual, I mean.

Well it's not like I can see my own head from behind but the hairdresser can and helpfully held up a mirror.
Half my hair had died.

That left me puzzled.
And upset, as the dead half had to be removed.

I talked to the hairdresser about what could possibly cause it.
Turns out that even after a year - more than a year in this case - of having been lifethreateningly ill, rushed into A&E, get full anaesthetics and surgery, and a slow, slow recovery, you see this in your hair.
I would have expected that half a year earlier. But the dead bit showed up now.

My hair's not been this short since I was young. I've had it just over shoulderlength since a teen, after I had finally been allowed (yes, allowed!) to grow it long. My bitter and hateful mother thought I was ugly, so there was no reason why I should try and make something of it, my hair had to be cut as short as possible, because that suited her. It did make me look ugly of course, which helped her argument that I was.

So when I was finally allowed to grow it long, I kept it long. Sadly, taking after an aunt, it doesn't grow any longer than the odd 10 cm over the shoulders, and it's a bit thin.
Now, over 15 cm have been removed. It's shorter than I've had it for over 20 years.
I know it will grow back. But I feel strange and a bit sad, not just because of how my hair died, but also because it feels weird.

I guess I'll sit in the quiet corner and cry a bit about that. If anyone brews a nice tea, I'd like a cup, it might comfort me a bit.

*brews nice tea and hands cup to Vivi

*takes hot chocolate

*serves Dew that is frozen over (8 degrees F right now!)

Oh Vivi! My mother cut all my hair off too when i was 14. She cut it down to about an inch and went on and on about how cute it was, and how it looked "sleek, like a seal," because every girl wants to look like a hugely shapeless water mammal, right?? I wrapped scarves around my head until it grew back and it has been long ever since.

If I were in your shoes, I'd go out and buy a gorgeous wig. So what! Your hair is so important! I spend like an hour curling my hair every day because I feel like bursting into song when my hair is curly. You should treat yourself to a beautiful wig that will make your heart sing. Something that looks like your old hair, if you want, or not! I've always wanted the same hair as the heroine of Brave - a huge mass of fiery curls - but I'd keep dark brown if they'd be a huge mass of curls. I'd take you shopping if I could!

And gorgeous hats! Treat yourself! Why suffer now? You know it will grow back, but for goodness' sake, there's enough suffering you can't control! This is something you can actually do something about.

And Miss Know It All Bossy Pants strikes again! :)

Oh Vivi! My mother cut all my hair off too when i was 14. She cut it down to about an inch and went on and on about how cute it was, and how it looked "sleek, like a seal," because every girl wants to look like a hugely shapeless water mammal, right?? I wrapped scarves around my head until it grew back and it has been long ever since.

If I were in your shoes, I'd go out and buy a gorgeous wig. So what! Your hair is so important! I spend like an hour curling my hair every day because I feel like bursting into song when my hair is curly. You should treat yourself to a beautiful wig that will make your heart sing. Something that looks like your old hair, if you want, or not! I've always wanted the same hair as the heroine of Brave - a huge mass of fiery curls - but I'd keep dark brown if they'd be a huge mass of curls. I'd take you shopping if I could!

And gorgeous hats! Treat yourself! Why suffer now? You know it will grow back, but for goodness' sake, there's enough suffering you can't control! This is something you can actually do something about.

And Miss Know It All Bossy Pants strikes again! :)

Ach no, that's silly.
Wigs are expensive and I cannot afford that.
And it's short but not as short as my mother would have cut it. It now barely touches my shoulders, it used to be 20 cm longer. I have to be patient till it grows back to that again.

*takes the tea* ta!

I hate your mothers!

Mine has a hair issue too, but that actually never had anything to do with me. When I was a kid I had those very short haircuts all the time. The reason was that my mother hated long hair falling out and being around somewhere. She still does that . You should see her getting a hair cut. She has protecting papers all around her to avoid hair touching her. It's hillarious. When I told her that I wanted my hair longer at about age 11-12 I was allowed to do just that.

Now I like to keep my hair at shoulder length. But I have very little hair left due to the things that happened last years. I hope it'll get better at some point, but who knows. I don't care that much about it anyways.

*wine please*

There's a storm about here right now. Cat is mad at me since he got curfew and after much complaining went upstairs. Haven't seen him for a couple hours. Hubby is in the air flying in from Germany right now. Delayed obviously, but as he got off, he should be landing at some point. I hope.

I've taken the day tomorrow off because I didn't like the combination of storm + possible snow + bus + idiots in cars on the road. That never works well!

*cuddles next person to post and the rest of the bar*

But, they're all wearing skirts. How unusual.

What you don't like my skirt? Pff, i'll wear it anyway. Like the Scots do with theirs! :girly:

Over here it's
a) storming very heavily. For the first time I'm afraid my windows are going to blow in

Over here the storm is not too bad. Hope nothing breaks for you. I remember that once when i was young the windows of the school were blown in. It was really blowing hard. I was about 12 and i could literally hang into the wind without falling (and watch out to not be blown away).

b) Sinterklaas evening. Like Santa, but then Sinterklaas. With gifts, and (funny) rhymes, a family event. So I'm sitting at home alone.

Same here.

I feel weird.

Ok, maybe not totally the same.

You should treat yourself to a beautiful wig that will make your heart sing.

At first i read this as a wig that will make your hair sing. I was thinking: good luck finding one of those. :D

*Cuddles Vivi to make her feel better*

*Cuddles Moar cuz i'm the next person to post.*

*Cuddles GT so she doesn't feel left out*

I'm having a great time here. Shame i have to go to bed now. Any of you lady's wanna come along? *wink, wink*

I hate your mothers!

Mine has a hair issue too, but that actually never had anything to do with me. When I was a kid I had those very short haircuts all the time. The reason was that my mother hated long hair falling out and being around somewhere. She still does that . You should see her getting a hair cut. She has protecting papers all around her to avoid hair touching her. It's hillarious. When I told her that I wanted my hair longer at about age 11-12 I was allowed to do just that.

Now I like to keep my hair at shoulder length. But I have very little hair left due to the things that happened last years. I hope it'll get better at some point, but who knows. I don't care that much about it anyways.

*wine please*

There's a storm about here right now. Cat is mad at me since he got curfew and after much complaining went upstairs. Haven't seen him for a couple hours. Hubby is in the air flying in from Germany right now. Delayed obviously, but as he got off, he should be landing at some point. I hope.

I've taken the day tomorrow off because I didn't like the combination of storm + possible snow + bus + idiots in cars on the road. That never works well!

*cuddles next person to post and the rest of the bar*

I just realised I don't know where you live!
Germany's affected by the storm too, it's still rough here so I hope your hubby will be ok.
Cats can be grumpy but I'm glad he's in safe, grumpiness is not so bad as worry.

May I ask what happened how come you have little hair left?

What you don't like my skirt? Pff, i'll wear it anyway. Like the Scots do with theirs! :girly:

Over here the storm is not too bad. Hope nothing breaks for you. I remember that once when i was young the windows of the school were blown in. It was really blowing hard. I was about 12 and i could literally hang into the wind without falling (and watch out to not be blown away).

Same here.

Ok, maybe not totally the same.

At first i read this as a wig that will make your hair sing. I was thinking: good luck finding one of those. :D

I'm having a great time here. Shame i have to go to bed now. Any of you lady's wanna come along? *wink, wink*

Sony are developing a wig that will act like a smartphone. Yeah that'll go down great.

And I live near the coast - about 10 km away from it. So yeah. Rough.

Don't ask me to join you in the bed! I'm probably old enough to be your mom! Unless that is what you had in mind - I do have a good reading voice and I could read you some nice stories.

Ahh .... A pity cuddle. And such seduction! How could I say no? ;)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High